Chapter Four

I don't know how long we were all standing there, but I didn't care. Through everything we've been through, I never wanted this moment to end. We were finally a family now, just a normal family. Not a family with a mother with heart issues, not a family with a son that leaves the family, not a family that's running a country that's falling apart. Just a family. A normal family.
I didn't realize but I think my dad thought that was enough and he spoke up, "Mer, Dear I think it's time we finished our story." My mom gave my dad a evil look but then laughed.
"Maxon you know I hate that." He laughed, and she swatted him in the shoulder.
"I love you Mer." At that moment my dad pulled my mom closer and kissed her, I wanted that, I wanted someone to love me like that. When I thought about who I knew that could love me like that a name popped up in my head. They were still kissing and I figured that was enough.
"Excuse me, daughter in here, get a room." My mom pulled away from my dad. Blushing, she was a little embarrassed.
"Sorry Eadlyn your right, Maxon we should continue." My dad nodded in agreement.
"When I found out I was astonished, that Maxon let this happen to him, let this happen to him for me. We got in a safe room with just us and thought that was the last time we would get to see eachother." The whole time my dad was looking at my mom he was smiling. Like he was happy that he was still with her after everything that happened. He still loved her, he always loved her. That's why Ahren left, he wanted a love like that and and I was stopping him from that. I sighed in my mind, I understood it now. I was still mad but I understand how he felt.
         "I let her stay, your mother got to stay. I don't remember how but I convinced my father." My dad said, he was going to continue but then my mom spoke up.
        "I started realizing I wanted your father, I was still secretly meeting the boy, but I didn't care much for him. Because I wanted your father, I started to really love him and realize it was him. Then the rebels attacked, and the King was keeping something from us, so we found out what." My dad cut my mom off to finish.
         "Three hundred, my father said only a few deaths. Three hundred people died, that's not a few. We found out by sneaking out of the castle, your mothers idea not mine." My dad said accusing my mother, with a grin on his face, my mom jokingly hit him in the shoulder.
        "We were about to get away, when something happened, rebels found us. Me and your father were taken away by the guards so we didn't get hurt. But it was to late." My mom stood up, and lifted her dress to revel a scar. I gasped. "I was shot, and I didn't realize but I wasn't with your father anymore, I hid behind somewhere and that's where I found Paige." Paige was one of my mothers favorite maids. I can't believe that's where she found her.
         "I thought that was it for us, we couldn't find your mother and she was slowly bleeding out on the street, but then a miracle happened. I said her name and she finally responded. My heart skipped a beat because I was so happy, so relieved that I found her." My dad looked at my mom in a way they look a lot. A way that his face just says, I love you more than anything in the entire world. My mom returned the look and then she continued the story.
          "We were taken back to the castle and they fixed me up, it was very painful because we couldn't get professional doctors or they would know. I won't go into details." I cringed I can only imagine the pain she felt.
         "Then we knew that my father was lying to us, the northern rebels even wanted me to pick America, because they knew she would be a great queen. And they were right." My dad smiled.
        "We wanted to get rid of the caste but we couldn't say anything, until the time was right. Around Christmas time I was sent home." I gasped, why was she sent home. She's here right now so how does that even work? "And no not sent home sent home, I was sent home because my dad passed away. And I needed to be with my family to grieve. My dad left letters to us all. And in mine there was a secret symbol, and that when it hit me. My father was a northern rebel." I gasped I couldn't believe it, her father was part of a rebellion to end the government. "That's why my name was America, later when I came back, I saw Kriss she had that symbol as a necklace, she was a northern rebel as well. That night when I got home-" my mom was cut off by my dad.
        "I told her I was going to marry her, I was choosing her."
        "And I was so happy. At this point I truly loved your father, not the other boy I made up my mind he was in the past and your father was who I wanted." Then my dad got sad, I don't know why but he did.
        "After that night, your father left and the boy came to me, I told him my feelings for him weren't the same and I was over him. But he was to close to me and your father walked in."
          "I was going to talk to her and Kriss about who I was choosing so they would know before it was on public television. Than I saw your mother and the boy and I figured it out, the secret meetings the special necklace. Then I made a stupid decision." He sighed and got really sad.
         "Your father exploded, he didn't let me explain and just said to pack my bags, I was leaving and he was picking Kriss." I couldn't believe my dad, he wouldn't even let her explain. "That day your dad was about to announce who he was picking, the southern rebels attacked. They were about to shoot me but your dad jumped in front and took the bullet."
         "I didn't know what I was doing with Kriss and when they were about to shoot America I realized I can't live without her, I was trying to ruin both of our lives." My mom started to tear up.
        "Than your father was put under a table so he would be safe, he was dying. I thought he was already going to die. A guard took me away from him and put me in a safe room. Probably a day later they found me and I was sent to Maxons room. His mother died, and his father. He was the new King, when he actually proposed he was in his bed unable to stand well, because of his gunshot wound. And I said yes." My dad smiled at my mom and she smiled back.
        "Is that it?" I asked thinking there was more, but still amazed at all the things they haven't told me. Before they could answer I said, "what was his name, this boy?" My mom gulped and then finally she spoke after minutes of silence. She looked at my dad who nodded and then nodded back.
        "Aspen Leger."

Do you guys like it so far? I'm sorry I haven't updated Ina. While I was in a writers block. Sorry there wasn't much Keadlyn in this chapter. I just love Maxerica so I had to put a little in here. I promise more Keadlyn is to come! Hope your enjoying it so far!