Chapter Twenty-Seven

Okay I'm only writing this because yessaloo wouldn't leave me alone. It might be a filler chapter but I'll try to make it interesting.

We were walking to my dads office, it was about 10 o'clock so he should be there by now. I feel so bad for my dad sometimes, because of my moms heart issues he's been having to do her work as well. And he's already stressed out as it is. He isn't the same person he used to be. He used to be very energetic and happy. And with my mom he was always lovey Dovey with her, but recently they aren't as lovey Dovey as you'd think. And then an idea hit me, I had to ask Kile.

"Kile?" I asked, I paused my walking and stood there. Grabbing his hand so he would notice I stopped.

"Yes Eady?" He asked worried.

"You know marrying me means you'll be my princes consort, you'll have a lot of work to do. You won't be able to always be with me." I stated.

"Well first we will be prince and princess that's not that bad." I frowned, "what now?" He asked rolling his eyes.

"Really? Did you really just do that! I was going to say we should become queen and king to give my parents a break because their way to stressed!

"But Eadlyn I don't want to do that." He said rolling his eyes again.

"And then you roll your eyes at me!? If you love me you wouldn't care! I was trying to be-" before I could finish he crashed his lips to mine, and pushed me against a wall. I didn't move or lean away. This is what I liked about Kile, he wasn't scared of me. If I was yelling at him he knew exactly what to do. He pulled my legs up so they were around his waist and my arms were around his neck. He leaned away and I got worried he was going to say something mean. His nose was touching mine that's how close he was to me.

Then he whispered, "of course." I gave a confused look because I totally forgot what he was talking about. "As soon as we get married we can become queen and ki- I mean ill be princes consort." He said.

"I love you." I said, he mouthed back 'love you too' and with that he wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked to my dads office.

When we got to the door I knocked, "dad it's Eadlyn I need to tell you something."

"Come on," he responded. He looked even worse, the bags under his eyes were almost black. The worry lines and wrinkles in his forehead was almost too much. He wasn't going to get better, I got more worried.

"Ahren sent me a letter." I said starting to tear up.

"Saying?" He asked confused.

"He betrayed us daddy, he left us and now betrayed us." I said crying, Kile grabbed me as I sobbed into his shoulder but then my dad came up.

"What do you mean?" He asked, knowing this was bad.

"He's coming, their coming to Illéa and he's going to show them all the secret passage ways, we'll have nowhere to hide." I said.

"Don't tell your mother?" He said instantly.

"Wait why?" I asked looking up at him.

"She had a heart attack when he left and almost died. If she knew this it would kill her." He was right, I wanted to tell her but for her own health I couldn't. "You too Kile, this stays between us three, and the guards. So they know not to trust Ahren. I'll tell them not to kill him but don't trust him." My dad had a good plan, I hope I'm like him when I'm queen.

"Yes sir," Kile said.

"Thank you." My dad said, putting his hand on Kiles shoulder and looked at him dead in the eye.

"I always knew it was you." He said smiling, "you know more than any of the other boys and you treat my daughter with love and respect, thank you." My dad said. Kile looked astonished. It must mean a lot for the king to say thank you and tell you how he's so happy your going to be with his daughter.

"Of course," he paused. "Sir," he said a little embarrassed because he almost forgot.

"Son, please just call me Maxon. You know me and America hate those formal names." He said with a weak smile.

"Yes s-Maxon." Kile said while stuttering.

"Daddy?" I asked.

"Yes my darling."

"One more thing."

"Of course."

"When me and Kile get married," I paused and looked at Kile giving him a 'you sure you want to do this face?' And he nodded. "We want to become queen and princes consort right away." I said looking down at that last part.

"Oh Eadlyn but you don't know, there's so much you need to know." He said.

"No dad, have you seen yourself?" I said and he looked down before he could interrupt I kept going. "When was the last time you spent a full 12 hours with mom in your room by yourself?" I asked.

"1-2 no 5?" He said and then stopped knowing I was right.

"See." I said proving my point.

"Your not ready."

"And I will never be, you weren't. And the people loved you. Dad for the love of God, please for you. For mom." I said, at that last part I knew I got him. He knew I was right.

"After the war." He said.

"Fine but the second you seem too tired I'm taking over."

"Eady?"

"Yes?"

"Can you check on your mother for me, there's something she wanted from you." I nodded and walked out the door.

We reached my moms room and knocked, she came out shutting the door behind her, "follow me." Was all she said, I gave her a confused look but she ignored it.

Then the alarms blared, my mom grabbed my hand and ran. But not fast enough, a rebel was there. With a gun, he pointed it to my mom. 'No!' I mouthed. He was about to pull the trigger until a bullet went straight through his head. When he fell the figure behind him was revealed.

"Nicoletta?" -(I'm sorry if I spelled that wrong)- my mom said.

Hahaha cliff hanger, sorry for not updating. I made the chapter a little longer just because I didn't update. Sorry if this chapter was boring but don't worry I think I'm getting the ending all planned out. 😉

-maddy