Chapter Twenty-Nine

I woke up to someone shaking me, I groggily opened my eyes, "what?" I asked. I looked around and saw Kile and I thought crap did I sleep with him? I looked under the covers. Nope fully clothed. I said reassuring myself. Then the memories flooded me, about the saferoom, and Italy, and the attack. I quickly jumped up, surprising Kile.

"SOMEONES eager." He said laughing.

"Where's my mom?" I asked because I couldn't see her.

"Behind you." I heard a familiar voice say, mom.

"I'm sorry I couldn't see you." I said. She still had dry tears on her face. Before she could interrupt I talked again, "mom?" I asked.

"Yes?" She asked.

"If I may ask? Why is this room so important?" I asked. Because nobody else knew either. A tear came out of her eye. "No don't cry, I just is it like an old memory? OR did someone die here or?" I asked.

"Oh no!" She said, "nobody died."

"Oh phew, than what is it?" I asked.

"Your-your," she stuttered a bit but continued, "it's just a memory from me and your father during his selection. A very happy but painful memory I really don't want to talk about." She said wiping away her tears.

"That's okay I just I just wanted to know." I said. I hugged her.

While I was hugging her I heard keys on the other side of the door and let go of my mom and grabbed a bat I found on the ground. I looked at Kile and he had a gun that he found on the floor earlier in his hand. The door opened and I raised my bat while Kiles hand squeezed the gun, ready to fire at any minute. Before I could see the figure Kile shot his leg.

"Kile! That could of been a guard!" I yelled running up to him.

"It's not, guards can't have beards. I checked." The man had a beard and he was right. Even my mom looked surprised at Kiles action. "I didn't kill him, I shot him in the leg on purpose now let's go to the king to tell him about what's happening." Kile said, he was so commanding. I loved it. He'll be great prince consort I can see it now. And a great husband. We all followed Kile out the door behind him, me with my bat. Kile with his gun. Nicoletta had a gun too, thank goodness. We ran and snuck as we could so nobody could see us.

While we were running to the third floor we turned a corner and I bumped into a strong body. As I looked up at the blonde hair I calmed down and hugged him. "Dad." I said.

"Oh thank goodness you guys are safe. Now we need to get into a saferoom it's dangerous right now!" He said. He grabbed my moms arm and Kile grabbed mine and we followed my dad through the halls. We opened the door and went into his office.

"Dad? This ain't a saferoom." He smiled at me.

"Yes it is." He smiled and opened a drawer and there was a secret draw under it with a button. "Eady come here." He said.

"Why?" I asked confused looking at my mom.

"Just come here, this is going to be your room someday and you need to know." I walked over scared and confused but knew nothing bad would happen I trusted my dad. I could always count on him. "This button, press it." I listened and pressed the button. When I hit it a metal barrier slid over the door. And all the windows. I didn't even know where the metal barriers come from.

I gasped and so did Kile. My mom didn't look surprised I'm guessing this isn't the first time she's seen it. "Wow." I said.

"And to make them go back up, which you'll need to know to get out, simply press the button again." He said and patted me on the shoulder, "are you sure your ready?" He asked. My mom look confused and asked.

"Ready for what?" My mom asked.

"Didn't she tell you?" My dad asked

"No no she did not." My mom said crossing her arms looking at me with a glare.

"Dad, we've already decided what mom thinks of this idea doesn't matter." I said.

"Maxon? What's going on." She asked.

"Nothing my dear, just that-"

"I'm taking over after this, not because I want power. Because you need a break. And you can't stop me." My mom gasped.

"But Eadlyn, you your-"

"Not ready." I said surprising her, "I know dad told me, mom your so stressed that you almost died!" I screamed. "Dad is only 40 and he has gray hair! That's not okay. When was the last time you kissed dad, for a long time and had a complete day alone with him?" I asked her the same question I asked my dad. She opened her mouth but then closed it. "Mom, you and dad love eachother and you deserve to spend time together. Let me and Kile take over please." I said.

"Your right, thank you Eadlyn." She said hugging me.

"Now anybody care to explain why Nicoletta is here?" My dad asked.

"Oh yeah that." I said. "She knows about the French they asked for her help but she declined. Italy is going to help us dad."

"I have troops coming right now." Nicoletta said stepping into the conversation.

"Thank you, is there anything we can give you in return?" My dad asked.

"Already did that." My mom said.

"This is why I love you." My dad said and kissed my mom. But they knew how to control themselves in front of people, unlike me and Kile, and broke apart.

"Sir?" I heard a guard ask.

"Yes?" My dad responded.

"Our sources are telling us their attacking tomorrow." -(a/n okay don't judge me I just didn't want to say how they found out so I'm just doing that. It's a boring part anyway I don't wanna include it. Not important. Tbh idek how)- what do on want us to do?" He asked.

"Send all guards to the front entrance. And at the entrances into the castle from secret passage ways, they know about them now." He said. I sighed at that last part. Ahren. They know because of Ahren.

I forgave him for leaving me but now. I will never forgive Ahren. He left me, left us. Betrayed me, betrayed us. He can never be forgiven.

OMG I finished. I mean this isn't the ending but I write ahead so I'm done. Im debating if I should do an epilogue or what. What do you think? Also there's 34 chapters exactly. And I'll be updating once every other day. Have fun reading, I tried to make it interesting but like Idk If that worked.

-maddy