Chapter Twenty-Four

Yeah I have a rule to make every chapter 1000 words, I think I'm going to change it to 700. Sorry.

"Dad, maybe. Maybe. We should surrender." I choked out.

"Eadlyn?" My dad looked at me, "why?"

"Your right, sorry I don't know what got into me." Kile looked at me and then I remembered what we were going to do.

"Wait dad?" I asked.

"What Eadlyn?" My dad asked rubbing his forehead.

"I-I-I wanna end the selection." I stuttered.

"Eadlyn! No! We need to keep it going. Just because you don't think you'll ever find love doesn't mean we have to end it, you still have one more month. You can't-" I cut him off.

"No dad, I want to end it because," I looked at Kile. "I love Kile. I want to be with him." I said while smiling at him.

At that moment Kile walked up to me and kissed me. And I didn't lean away. At that moment I forgot about everything around me. Everything going on. Just Kile, and me. Kiles hands were around my waist while my hands were around his head. Gripping his hair, he started moving his hands to my legs. But before he could I jumped up and wrapped my legs around him. He broke apart only for a second to breath and I smiled at him. When I jumped up it pushed him so he pushed me back against a wall. I could stay like this forever with Kile. But that wasn't the case today. in the Corner or my eye I saw dad. He was smiling but also had a very stern look.

"Kile." I broke apart from him, but he kept pulling me closer back to his lips. "Kile." I said and he finally stopped and looked at me. "My dad, he's behind us." I said.

"Sorry King Maxon." Kile said while putting me down, you could see the red in his cheeks just like mine.

"Oh young love, I remember when me and your mother were like that." He said smiling.

"Dad!" I yelled.

"Not giving a care in the world where your kissing someone, who sees, what the situation is. It's just you and them. The perfect us." My dad said and he was right. He got it. My dad understood. I never thought he would. But he did. My dad walked up to Kile and put his hand on his shoulder and said, "no need to call me King Maxon, dad is fine too."  He smiled at Kile then at me.

"Thank you sir." Kile said still trying to be formal.

"But Eadlyn?"

"Yeah dad?"

"We can end the selection today if you want too." He said.

"Oh really??" I yelled.

"Yes." My dad chuckled and I ran up to him and hugged him. Then I hugged Kile.

"Now let's go find our families." Kile said. And we walked out of the saferoom with Kiles arms around my waist. Even though we were just attacked I knew everything would be okay because Kiles by my side.

"Eady?" I heard a voice, mom.

"Mom!" I screamed and ran towards her hugging her.

"Oh Eady I thought you were gone." She said crying lightly into my shoulder.

"No mom," I looked at Kile. "Kile led me to a saferoom, because we were far away from the Royal saferoom." I said and he smiled at me.

"Mom?" I asked.

"Yes Eady?" She responded.

"I-I-I'm ending the selection." She looked at me and gasped.

"But but honey I know it's hard but you'll find someone to lo-" I cut her off. She thought the same thing my dad did.

"Love, I did. I found someone to love." I paused and looked at Kile again and he walked up to me. "Kile." I said and he kissed me. But this time only a small peck on the lips and nothing else. We were in public, we had to control ourselves.

"See Eadlyn I told you." She said smiling and put her arms up in 'I'm always right' way. I smiled a 'shut up' smile back at her.

"Attention everyone!" I yelled while stepping on a table. We were in the Royal saferoom still and all the selected were accounted for. "Because of the recent attack. It's been decided that we will be ending the selection today." Everyone gasped and looked at me. I looked at Kile, and gave him a 'are you sure?' Look he mouthed back to me 'yes'. "And I will be announcing the engagement tonight. Thank you." I said with a smile and got off the table.

"Eadlyn?" My dad asked.

"Yeah dad?" I responded worried he'd say something like I couldn't end the selection now. He motioned with his finger for me to come closer to him away from everyone else. Uh oh, if he can't say this in front of everyone it must be bad.

"Your right, the French and the rebels have teamed up."

"They want more power." I said.

"Yes they do, and after today." He paused.

My dad looked around to see if anyone was listening. "They've just declared war."

Aye!! Do you see where I'm going with this lol. Also queenlama100 sorry if you think I copied your idea with the kissing in front of her dad. I didn't mean too. But it seemed like it would make it a sweet moment with her dad.

See you next chapter.

-maddy