Chapter Three

=============================
Do you guys like it so far? I hope you do :) and tbh I don't know where it's going until I get there. Sorry this chapter was long I was trying to make every chapter 1000 words and this one was way past. Well hope you enjoy! :)
================================

       "Things? What things haven't you told me before? I thought I knew everything, you guys fell in love at the selection?" I was confused, what were they talking about. What did I not know? "Was mom not even a selected?" I asked. Thinking that was the only thing I didn't know, that would make sense why they wouldn't tell me.
"No, no, she was a selected girl." My dad said reassuring me that, that wasn't the case.
"Well then what than? What have you "not" been telling me." I sassed back, instantly regretting it. Now was not the time do that.
"There's a lot of things that I should say, so I'm going to start from the beginning, at first lets start with before the selection. You know I was a 5 right? And sometimes I starved?" I knew she was a five but I never knew she starved, I'm glad they got rid of the caste system nobody should starve. But I didn't need to ask about that so I just nodded.
"Darling you know I hate when you bring that up." My dad said while eyeballing my mom.
"I know but she needs to know Maxon, this has been kept a secret too long." I just listened, I had a million questions but I'd wait till after they had finished to ask.
"Okay that's fine just don't go into detail please, you know I hate hearing about how you starved." I still can't believe that, 'starved' my mom starved a lot, when she was my age too.
"I didn't want to do it." She paused, I knew that she mentioned it once, how she didn't want to do the selection. "My mother said that if I entered I could start my life, get my own job and keep half of what I earned. But what she didn't know, what nobody knew. I didn't want to enter, I already loved somebody else." She loved somebody else, but her and my father were so good together. I couldn't imagine her being with anyone else.
"Wait? Really? Who?" I was so confused so I had to ask.
"That doesn't matter, I'll tell you later." She said I nodded, I wanted to know who but I also wanted to let her finish. "I secretly dated this person for 2 years, he was a six I was a five, it was illegal." My mom, my mother, the queen of Illea broke the law? Go mom!
"So when she entered the selection, she never thought she would make it, besides my dad picked who he wanted. He only added her so it looked like a drawing." Wow, I never heard that much of my granddad, I know he picked them but I didn't know that she was picked randomly, and he didn't want her. He just picked her so it looked random.
"Right, and when I was entered, I was shocked, a few days after that the boy that I loved, left me because he didn't like that I provided for him instead of the other way around." This boy is terrible, she was just trying to help. I wish my mother would tell me who it was, but I didn't say anything just nodded.
"And the first night your mother was there, she had a panic attack, and this was before I met any of the girls, but I saw her. She was on the verge of tears, screaming to go to the garden outside." Of course the garden, she loved the garden so much. That's probably why.
"Yes because I was very overwhelmed, and your father told the guards to let me go out. He tried to talk to me but, he knew I needed to be alone so he sat next to me and then left." Aww, that's so sweet, my parents never really talked about the first time they met. Know I knew.
"And the first time I set my eyes on her, I knew she was the one."

"Underneath thick lashes were eyes blue as ice, something cool to balance out the flames in her hair. Her cheeks were smooth and slightly blushed from crying. And her lips, soft and pink, slightly parted as she studied our hands."

"Maxon were getting off topic, I bet Eadlyn doesn't need to know our whole love story right now when that's not the point, we need to continue." My dad nodded and I agreed. "I had no intentions of falling for your father, I thought he was shallow and arrogant." My mom thought my dad was shallow and arrogant, out of every guy I know my father is not either of those things, I was surprised she thought that. I have a confused look but let her keep going.
"Even when he tried to simply kiss me I kneed him in the thigh." Before I could even gasp my dad spoke up.
"Yeah right, it wasn't the thigh America it was worse, and after that I wanted to get rid of her but I couldn't I just couldn't." I was amazed, after what my mom did to her my dad still kept her. I couldn't believe it. I was about to say something but my father continued. "There were many other things that happened but they weren't important, to this story I mean."
"He returned." My mother spoke up.
"Who?" I had to ask I was very confused.
"The boy I dated for 2 years in secret, he decided to become a guard at the palace and apologized for everything he did to me, how much he hurt me. All of it, we started to date in secret at the castle." I gasped. Didn't my mom know what would happen if she did that, if she got caught? "I was torn apart between him and your father. There were moments I was so sure and moments I wasn't. But something happened, and it scared me from wanting to be with the boy."
"What? What happened mom?" I had to ask, I gave up I was going to ask all my questions.
"Marlee, Marlee was in the selection with me." What? How? But Marlee is married to Carter. I let out another gasp. "I know shocking right, but she didn't love Maxon she loved the Carter, the guard. So she got caught with Carter and should have been killed but she got caned instead. That's why she has scars on her hands, not because of an accident. It's because she was caned." I can't imagine the pain Marlee had to go through, just to be with who she loved, I never understood true love before a few months ago but now I was starting to get it.
"But I hid her, for your mother I hid her and waited. Kept her hidden working with the name of Mallory. For your mother, I kept her, hidden." I said that to myself again, 'for her, hidden.' I couldn't believe all this stuff they kept from me, why did they never tell me. I was getting a little mad now but I just nodded. I needed to keep my mother calm, for her sake.
"After Marlee I was worried with what I was doing. And then I started to fall for your father even more. But when he did something that made me very upset, I was done. I wanted to leave and go back to the guard boy I was in love with. And he would take me back. So I made a stupid decision. All over the news I announced that we should get rid of the caste. Which made the King furious and he took Maxon with him, I didn't know where but I saw the fear in Maxons eyes and the grin on the Kings smile which made me nervous but I was thinking about other things. When Maxon came back for Dinner, he was acting weird but covered it up well. He than came to talk to me, so it was just me and him. Then the alarm went off, we didn't have time to go to the royal room so we went to nearest room. That's when I learned, why Maxon was afraid and why the King had a slight grin." Right after my mom said that she paused and looked at my father. I was very confused. He looked back at her and then stood up, starting unbuttoning his shirt.
"Umm dad? This is your daughter in the room. What are you doing? If you and mom want private time just tell me to leave." I was getting very uncomfortable, and was about to get up and leave.
"Eadlyn that's not what this is about. Just sit down okay. Don't worry. You wanted to know why we can't have a pool, I would love for us to have a pool but I can't. Because than people will know the truth." I was confused but I trusted him. He was my father, and my mother looked okay with it. He stood up.
"American darling can you help me?" He stood up and faced his back to mom.
"Sure." She stood up and helped pull his shirt back.
"Dad what's this all about your worrying me, a lot if I may add." At that moment he turned around and I saw it. Before I gasped I screamed. My mom ran up to me to hold me so I would stop screaming. I couldn't believe what he showed me. It looked like it had been done years and years ago but you can still see them. I started to cry but then I remembered, no I needed to stay strong and I needed to know who did this.
       "Who?" I asked, full of anger.
       "My father, your grandad, the old King of Illea." I couldn't believe that, my own fathers, dad beat him.
       "How long? How long did this happen?" I was about to scream, from the Anger I was feeling.
        "Ever since I can remember, the worst ones were when he punished me for what America did, it was either her or me. So I went, because I didn't even want her to know." I started crying, my dad put his buttoned shirt back on and came and hugged me. So did my mom. We all just stayed there, for a while. Quietly sobbing.