High school DXD The path of t...

By Damowatling

This a story of Issei's early awakening after his parents are tragically murdered when he was only 11 years o... More

Chapter 1 the birth of the red dragon emperor!
Chapter 2 Introducing Rias Gremory
Chapter 3 The rampaging Stray devil
Chapter 4 The red dragon emperor!
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 times of peace
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 Yuuto returns
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 Let's clean the pool!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26 The priestess of lightning vs the ruin princess
Chapter 27 The Heart of a Dragon!
Chapter 28 This ends now!
Author note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 The crimson saviour!
Chapter 31 Blunt sword
Chapter 32 Koneko's shadow. Release your power!
Chapter 33 I've missed you Shirone
Chapter 34 Cat fight! The Nekomata siblings
Chapter 35 Get ready for the Kuoh academy sports festival! He's my Issei!
Chapter 36 Go for the gold Kuoh Academy!
Chapter 37 the darkness behind the door
Chapter 38 you picked the wrong day to piss me off!
Chapter 39 The Gremories vs the Crime force dragon!
Chapter 40 Holy demonic light vs chaotic despair!
Chapter 41 A mask to cover up the sadness
Chapter 42 The dark wings which ensnare her heart
Chapter 43 One year with the Gremories! Issei's big surprise!
Chapter 44 Euclid's master plan. I won't let you hurt my fiancee!
Chapter 45 Rias Gremory has fallen? Issei's tough decision!
Chapter 46 Issei's heavy gamble!
Chapter 47 Hail to the new king! A crash of crimson
Chapter 48 the master and his servant

Chapter 25

3.1K 57 8
By Damowatling

Chapter 25 The face that pains her heart. Rias I'm coming to save you!

Rias awoke from her slumber in a wild panic. The events of her day yesterday mostly clouded only remembering her brother coming to visit the occult research room which for some reason was a mess. Ryuu told her that a tree had fell and smashed through the roof and that is why she became unconscious after a branch hit her in the head. But the conversation she had with her older brother still haunted her mind.

(Flashback)

"Big brother? What brings you here?" Rias said as her brother emerged through his magic circle with his queen Grayfia.

"Good day to you Rias, Xenovia, Kiba, Asia and oh who's this?" Sirzechs said with a puzzled expression when he pointed towards Ryuu.

"What are you talking about big brother, don't be silly you know Ryuu. He is my precious pawn after all." Rias said smiling whilst she showed off her favourite piece.

"Oh, I see now. So you and Issei had your first fight so now you're threatening to replace him. My goodness you really are still a normal teenage girl little sister." Sirzechs said with a joyous expression.

"What are you talking about big brother? Ryuu is my only pawn he used all eight of my pieces." Rias said which made Sirzechs look serious now as he looked at Ryuu.

"So you don't know anybody by the name of Hyoudou Issei?" Sirzechs said making Rias have a severe headache. One ten times as worse than if she accidentally read a bible.

"Rias?! What's the matter talk to me!" Sirzechs said quickly rushing to her side only to be stopped by Ryuu.

"Calm down lord Sirzechs, I will take care of her." Ryuu said after whispering in her ear to make her lose consciousness.

And then everything went black.

(End of flashback.)

Rias hugged her naked and sweaty body as she reminisced on such a horrifying memory. Her head began to hurt every time she attempted to remember anything before her brother arrived. It was as if she was being denied access to her own mind.

Rias suddenly felt lonely when she felt the covers next to her, feeling that something wasn't right.

The crimson haired teen felt scared all of a sudden and approached Ryuu's room which was just opposite her own.

The ruin princess approached Ryuu who was sound asleep in his bed with his back turned away from her.

Rias approached his bed and climbed into the bed behind him. Suddenly after Rias wrapped her arms around his waist, she immediately retracted them and felt a huge sense of fear. For as soon as she touched him, a green dragon appeared in her head and his back felt cold as ice.

Rias felt something was definitely wrong now. After all, this is the man she loved so why was she so afraid of him.

When Rias went to leave his room, she felt a hand grab onto her wrist.

"What's wrong Rias you look troubled." Ryuu said in a gentle voice making Rias calm down.

"I'm sorry Ryuu, I just had a bad dream and I wanted to see you." Rias said with a blush feeling embarrassed to tell him the truth.

"Don't worry Rias, you're safe with me." Ryuu said as he placed his hand on her cheek and leaned in for a kiss.

Rias didn't expect what happened next when she found herself pushing him away as he tried to kiss her.

"I'm sorry for waking you, goodnight!" Rias said as she retreated from the room.

Rias entered her room again and ended up tumbling over a chair which had her school bag on it. Causing the bag to fall onto the ground as well.

"I need to calm down and get some sleep." Rias said as she began to pack her belongings back inside the bag.

Rias' fatigue was evident when she dropped her purse again scattering her special cards and a photograph upside down.

The demon lord's little sister used what was left of her energy to pick up the cards. However, she stopped to focus on the small photo after she collected her cards up.

"Did I have a photo in my purse all this time without knowing what it was of?" Rias said as she picked it up and slowly turned it over.

Suddenly, Rias' eyes shot wide open as she saw a brown haired teen's face as he smiled with his thumb up.

Rias touched her cheeks when she felt something wet running down them.

"Eh? Why am I crying? I don't even know this boy's name, but this photo makes my heart and my head hurt so much." Rias said as she placed it back in her purse.

The upset devil climbed back into bed and hugged her pillow feeling that her tears would never stop as she tightly clung to her pillows.

Meanwhile at the Hyoudou household, Issei was still resting in bed on account of his injuries and his lost magic power.

"I thought I would find you here." A voice said making Issei open his eyes immediately.

"Sirzechs? Grayfia?" Issei said as he stared at the demon lord and his queen

"You've certainly seen better days' night wing." Sirzechs said making Issei a bit annoyed.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that! Wait a minute... Then that means you remember me Lord Sirzechs?!" Issei said the excitement obvious in his tone.

"Yes. But it seems that many others have seemed to forget you. What's going on?" Sirzechs said as Issei sat himself up.

"That bastard Ryuu, he has erased me from the rest of the peerages memories. His sacred gear is memory manipulation." Issei said making Sirzechs frustrated all of a sudden.

"Then that means?! The one who promised me he would take care of my sister was responsible for her pain?!" Sirzechs said his irises transforming now.

"Calm down Lord Sirzechs, Issei will definitely save Rias. Isn't that right?" Grayfia said now looking at Issei.

"Of course I will, I'm not going to give up on her. I swear to you lord Sirzechs, I will bring her back to her senses and make that scumbag pay for attacking the Gremories." Issei said making Sirzechs smile.

"Well you won't be able to do anything in your condition. It's a good thing that I brought Grayfia along with me then. Grayfia please tend to Issei's wounds and start restoring his magic power." Sirzechs said causing Grayfia to open a magic circle and pull out a strange device.

"This won't be as fast as Asia's twilight healing, but it will help restore your wounds and your magic power. You should be good to go by tomorrow evening. And when you're ready to go, we will take action and save Rias." Grayfia said pressing the button and encasing Issei in a healing oval shaped bubble which shined a majestic purple.

Akeno, Koneko and Gasper re-entered Issei's room and began to discuss a plan of action.

"So what's the plan Sekiryutei?" Grayfia said expecting Issei to have one already.

"Okay, in order to save Rias, we have to work together. First, I would like Sirzechs and Grayfia to seal off Kiba, Xenovia and Asia so they don't get hurt in the crossfire. Meanwhile me Akeno, Koneko and Gasper will take on Ryuu and Rias." Issei said making Akeno speak up.

"Issei kun, I think it would be best if you left Rias to me. I don't think you would be able to fight her seriously. And besides, while I keep Rias busy, you, Koneko and Gasper can focus on Ryuu and his dragon." Akeno said making Issei worry.

"But isn't Rias your best friend? I couldn't force you to fight her either." Issei said feeling concerned.

"She is my best friend. That is why, I will personally remind her of the great things about Issei-Kun. I believe it is my duty as her best friend, to see to it she doesn't lose an important person in her life and to replace them with a jerk like Ryuu. I feel I can do it." Akeno said brimming with confidence.

"I see. Then I will leave Rias to you. Thank you Akeno." Issei said feeling happy.

"There is no need to thank me, I owe a lot to you for saving me. And I also owe it to Rias to make sure she stays happy." Akeno said with a blush and a smile.

The next day flew by in a flash and now Scale mail equipped, Issei, Akeno, Gasper and Koneko transported to the battlefield at Kuoh academy.

The four devils arrived on the scene and as expected, Rias, Ryuu and his dragon were there waiting.

"Akeno?! Koneko?! Gasper?! What's going on here? Why are you helping the Sekiryutei? Has he brainwashed you?!" Rias said starting to get emotional.

Akeno concentrated her magic power and transformed into her Miko outfit.

"The only one here who has been brainwashed Rias, is you! That man has messed with your mind and taken away from you the most precious thing to you!" Akeno said making Rias look shocked as she placed her hand over heart.

"What are you saying Akeno? Ryuu is the one I love." Rias said in a hesitant tone.

"Don't worry president Rias, I will remind you of the man you truly love! Here I come!" Akeno said as she opened up both her devil wing and her fallen angel wing as she soared into the air. Generating lighting within her palms as she stared down at Rias.

Okay Chapter 25 is done! I got excited when I was hit by inspiration. Therefore, I have managed to do this chapter quicker than I expected. So what did you think? Join me in the next chapter when the two most powerful devils and best friends clash with one another! Next time chapter 26 The priestess of lighting Vs the Ruin Princess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 4.3K 75
"From here on out, this is my story. And I'll lead this life however I want to." (Y/N) had read tales about people waking up and finding themselves i...
85.5K 1.7K 173
This is not my original work the original work belongs to Leixein-Sama {AN: The early chapters quality is very bad but after 10 chapters or so then i...
10.9K 265 11
This story tells the point of view of Shidou Hyoudou, the adoptive brother of Issei Hyoudou. Everything followed normally until one day his brother h...
4.6K 177 11
This story isn't your fully typical High School DxD story as the main character may indeed be Issei Hyoudou, but with a twist. While he is still his...