High school DXD The path of t...

By Damowatling

This a story of Issei's early awakening after his parents are tragically murdered when he was only 11 years o... More

Chapter 1 the birth of the red dragon emperor!
Chapter 2 Introducing Rias Gremory
Chapter 3 The rampaging Stray devil
Chapter 4 The red dragon emperor!
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 times of peace
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 Yuuto returns
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 Let's clean the pool!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 The priestess of lightning vs the ruin princess
Chapter 27 The Heart of a Dragon!
Chapter 28 This ends now!
Author note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 The crimson saviour!
Chapter 31 Blunt sword
Chapter 32 Koneko's shadow. Release your power!
Chapter 33 I've missed you Shirone
Chapter 34 Cat fight! The Nekomata siblings
Chapter 35 Get ready for the Kuoh academy sports festival! He's my Issei!
Chapter 36 Go for the gold Kuoh Academy!
Chapter 37 the darkness behind the door
Chapter 38 you picked the wrong day to piss me off!
Chapter 39 The Gremories vs the Crime force dragon!
Chapter 40 Holy demonic light vs chaotic despair!
Chapter 41 A mask to cover up the sadness
Chapter 42 The dark wings which ensnare her heart
Chapter 43 One year with the Gremories! Issei's big surprise!
Chapter 44 Euclid's master plan. I won't let you hurt my fiancee!
Chapter 45 Rias Gremory has fallen? Issei's tough decision!
Chapter 46 Issei's heavy gamble!
Chapter 47 Hail to the new king! A crash of crimson
Chapter 48 the master and his servant

Chapter 23

4.1K 66 5
By Damowatling

Chapter 23 Clash of the heavenly dragons! Fight to prove the strongest!

After Azazel put Katarea down for good with the use of his sacred gears balance breaker and the help of the dragon contained inside Fafnir. Issei, Rias, Koneko and Gasper returned to the battlefield. And now the only job left was to hold off the intruders until the gate they were entering from expired and closed off.

"Big brother, please take care of Gasper for me." Rias said as she led her servant into the fortified force field with the rest of her servants who were still frozen within time.

"I understand. Be careful Rias." Sirzechs said whilst he continued to maintain the high tiered barrier.

"President Rias!" Gasper shouted as soon as Rias left the barrier and forged a huge magic circle when the mages fired their magic power at her.

"Only Rias could create a defensive barrier that powerful" Sirzechs said as she pushed back the mages attacks.

Rias' barrier had reached its limit shattering to pieces and caused Rias to fall to the ground.

"Rias look out!" Issei said when he stabbed the mage which tried to harm her.

"It's all my fault." Gasper said looking at his friends who were being severely outnumbered.

"I.... President Rias! Issei-senpai! I.... I want to be a man, like you senpai! I want to live up to your expectations, president! So I'm going to fight for my friends!" Gasper said as he removed the arm band sealing his powers.

"Stop that Gasper! Please stop him big brother!"

"I am... I am... A man!" Gasper said enveloping him and everyone else in the area in an enormous amethyst light.

As soon as the light faded away, it was apparent what had just happened.

"Did Gasper regain control of his powers and dispel his magic?" Rias said as those who were frozen suddenly became mobile again.

"The enemies gate has been disabled too." Sirzechs said observing the gate disintegrating.

"That's one less thing to worry about then." Serafall said now going towards Sona now she was awake.

"What's going on here?"

"Sona-Chan welcome back!"

"Big sis?"

"You did it! Way to go Gasper!" Issei said looking straight at him.

Gasper collapsed after exhausting all of his power. Luckily for him though, Asia was right behind him and caught him.

"What's going on?" Asia said clearly confused of the situation.

"There is no time to explain. Everyone fight for your king and lend me your power!" Rias as she took flight.

"Yes president!" Akeno said as she transformed into her white robe outfit and concentrated her lightning magic.

After a colossal and hard fought battle, the Sitri and the Gremories managed to defeat all of the invaders. However, little did they know, the real battle was about to begin!

All of a sudden, a huge crater was created by an unknown force which pummelled him into the ground.

"What the?!" Issei said when he saw the fallen angel crash through the ground.

"Ow. I must be getting old. So care to tell me what's going on Vali?" Azazel said staring up at the white dragon emperor.

"My apologies Azazel, this side seemed more interesting." Vali said as he floated above.

"Hey Vali I want to ask you something. Shemhaza, my governor, noticed that rebels from the three great factions were banding together. The "Khaos brigade," was it?" Azazel said as he took flight.

"Khaos brigade?" Sirzechs said surprised by the name Azazel just said.

"A group of rebels?! There aren't many guys who can control a bunch of guys like that...." Serafall said also surprised.

"And their leader is the Uroboros dragon, Ophis."

"It can't be! The legendary dragon god of infinity the strongest dragon?! Why would she be leading a group of rebels?!" Issei said in response to the name.

"Indeed I am working with Ophis, but neither of us want to rule the world. Some idiots came after us for our power.

"That explains a thing or two. So that's why you got so friendly with Katarea because you both couldn't become Satans."

"Neither of you? Explain yourself white dragon emperor." Rias said clearly baffled by that statement.

"My name is Vali Lucifer. I am a descendant of a previous Satan. Sired by the grandson of a pure-blooded Satan, and birthed by a human woman. I'm a half-devil!"

"Impossible!" Rias said now confused to how he could exist without being heard of.

"More importantly Hyoudou Issei. Fate is truly cruel for you. Through my veins contains the blood of a Satan and a dragon. However, I have observed your battles since you became a devil. You are strong and have defeated many powerful opponents. Like the immortal phoenix Raiser and Kokabiel. You truly deserve the title of a heavenly dragon. Which is why I'm curious to see which of us is stronger. So come! Fight me Sekiryutei." Vali said concentrating his power.

"I refuse. I see no point in fighting you now all of my friends are safe." Issei said making Vali irritated.

"If that's the case then how about I kill the woman you cherish the most? Rias Gremory!" Vali said generating a powerful blast and sending it straight for the devil.

"DRAGON SHOT!" Issei shouted blasting away his attack.

"Are you ready to fight me now Hyoudou Issei?" Vali said suddenly feeling a huge rise in magic power come from below him as the flames began to rise.

"Vali! I will never forgive you! You Bastard! Balance break!" Issei said with his resolve clear and found.

(Welsh Dragon Balance Breaker!)

"Look Albion, Hyoudou Issei's power is beginning to increase."

"A sacred gears power comes from its wielders will. He's consumed with blind rage towards you. Rage, of all feelings, is the most effective in powering a dragon." Albion said making Vali smirk.

"If that's the case, then he's a more suitable host for a dragon than I am?" Vali said still treating this like a game.

"Shut your damn mouth already!" Issei said suddenly smashing his fist into Vali's helmet making his human eye visible again.

"Such speed! Now this is more like it Hyoudou Issei!" Vali said distancing himself and then charging straight towards Issei.

"Vali!" Issei shouted as he charged towards the dragon who dashed in his direction.

The two met in the middle of the sky where their mighty fists collided with each other. Causing a huge explosion of power destroying the terrain and the ground beneath them.

"Issei!" Rias said as she ran towards the battlefield until she felt a hand grab her arm.

"No Rias stay here." Sirzechs said holding her back.

"Big brother let me go I have to help him." Rias said as she tried to wriggle free.

"Their auras have exceeded their limits. You'll burn to death if you go near them now." Sirzechs said refusing to let her go.

"But I can't just watch them." Rias said as she stared at the incredibly fast white and red lights smashing into each other.

"Your power is amazing! I wonder if I kill one of your friends if your power will get greater?!" Vali said only to feel the wrath of the red dragon emperor.

(Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!)

"That's enough!" Issei said as he drove his fist into the gem on Vali's chest breaking his armour and forcing him to the ground.

Vali and Issei touched their feet on the ground and now stood in silence.

"Impressive you managed to break my sacred gear. However, this battle is far from over!" Vali said as he rematerialized his armour.

"Stop talking and fight!" Issei said charging Vali this time.

"It's time to show you a bit of my power Hyoudou Issei!" Vali said as he drove his fist into Issei's gut.

(Divide! Divide!)

"What is this I feel weak all of a sudden." Issei said as Vali hit him again. This time causing him to cough up blood.

"This is my power divine dividing!" Vali said this time his fist being caught by Issei.

"Then I'll show you a bit more of my own power! Ascalon!"

(Blade!)

"Face the power of the dragon slayer!" Issei said now chasing after the retreating Vali.

Issei tried to slash at Vali's head, but to no avail his attack was dodged and then heavily countered.

Vali ducked and then delivered a painful uppercut to Issei's chin.

(Divide!)

Issei's Ascalon disappeared back into his sacred gear leaving him no choice but to use his fists alone to fight the vanishing dragon.

Issei sent a roundhouse kick towards Vali. However, once again Vali blocked his attack and countered this time punching Issei in the gut. And then with an axe kick, sent him hurtling towards the ground.

(Divide! Divide!)

"Issei!"

"You mustn't Rias, it's too dangerous" Sirzechs said still insistent on keeping her out of this.

"I'm okay Rias just wait a while. I'll finish him now." Issei said as he got to his feet.

Issei let out a mighty roar as he concentrated both his demonic and dragon's power to form a magical blast in his fist.

(Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!

Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!)

"Dragon shot!" Issei yelled as he unleashed his signature move.

The crimson death beam approached Vali at a quick pace and was moments from making impact.

"That won't work!" Vali said as his sacred gear began to counter Issei's attack.

(Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide!

Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide!)

To Issei's disappointment, by time the blast made contact with Vali, the once deadly blast was now the mere size of a pebble which the vanishing dragon easily crushed.

Issei collapsed to his knees and began to cough up blood.

"What's going on I feel so weak right now. I can't use my magic power. Damn it!" Issei said as he smashed his fist into the ground.

(It seems that the white one has been using Albion's power to drain you of your power and to absorb it for his own use. This is bad partner your power to maintain the balance breaker is draining fast.)

"Damn it! Isn't there anything I can do?" Issei said as he felt helpless on the ground.

"Is that all you have red dragon emperor? Pathetic!" Vali said to Issei as he kneeled on the ground.

"Damn it Vali this fight isn't over yet! Wait a minute. That's it!"

(What is it partner?)

"I have a plan are you with me partner?" Issei said as he picked up the cracked orb of the vanishing dragon.

(Interesting! As always you never fail to surprise me Hyoudou Issei. But are you prepared to die?)

"Die? What are you talking about? I'm not going to die when I have such an amazing life to return to now. I'm going to use all of my strength to do this I am fully prepared for this! Are you with me Draig?"

(Of course partner! I will match your resolve and lend you all of my power! Are you ready Hyoudou Issei?!)

"What are you mumbling about over there? It's over accept it Sekiryutei."

"This is far from over Vali. If you have taken away my own power, then I will just steal some of yours to defeat you!" Issei said as he lifted the orb and smashed it into the ground.

"Ahhh! It hurts! Fuck this really hurts! But this is nothing compared to the pain and sadness on my presidents face if I were to let it all end here!" Issei said as he held onto the hand containing Vali's power.

"It's impossible. We heavenly dragons are polar opposites. Once again the red dragon emperors host will be destroyed by his greed for power." Albion said as Issei struggled to endure the pain.

"White one, if there is anything I have learnt from my host, it is that no matter how impossible something may seem to him, he will use all of his power to defy the impossible!" Draig said as Issei began to minimise the pain.

"I refuse to die here!" Issei said as his hand was consumed in a white light.

(Vanishing dragon! Power is taken!)

(Impossible how did he steal my power?!)

"Interesting! So interesting! I have never enjoyed fighting someone so much before! Now come and show me your true power Hyoudou Issei!" Vali said as a huge crimson aura surrounded the now re-energised red dragon emperor.

"I will use the power I regained from your sacred gear, to finish you!" Issei said as his fists both shone crimson red.

(Partner congratulations you achieved the impossible! However, as a result some of your life span has been reduced.)

"I don't care; I would have died anyway if I didn't. I don't plan to live too long anyway. Just long enough to make all of her dreams come true for all her kindness she has given me. Draig help me by lending me all of your power so we can finish this quickly!" Issei said as the crimson aura grew larger.

Issei used his dragon jet boosters to crash straight into Vali and then unleashed a combination of ferocious punches. Each time using Vali's own power against him.

(Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide!)

Issei kicked Vali away and then resumed his power charging.

(Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!)

"Here I come Vanishing dragon Vali! Crimson dragon cannon!" Issei fired two separate dragon cannons and then at the middle combined them together to unleash a mighty blast which consumed Vali whole.

Issei crashed down to one knee after his attack used up most of his energy bringing him back to the ground.

Vali fell next and created a crater where he fell.

"Is it over now?" Akeno said unable to see if Vali was defeated or not.

"I'm afraid not." Azazel said as the white dragon emperor stood up again.

"Interesting! You're so interesting Hyoudou Issei! I can't stand this anymore! You have certainly earned it. I will now show you my full power! My juggernaut drive!" Vali said a silver aura suddenly surrounding him.

"No don't do it Vali!" Issei said fearing this power.

Vali grinned and held his fist into the air as he began to chant.

"I who shall awaken, am the heavenly dragon who lost all to the principle of domination. I envy the infinite and yearn for the dream. I shall be the white dragon that masters the path of domination. I shall lead you to the farthest limits of innocence. Juggernaut drive!"

"No not that! Not the juggernaut drive!" Issei said. Breaking out in a sweat as he held onto his left arm.

Vali's size had increased exponentially giving him the appearance of a true and powerful dragon.

"Now allow me to show you true power." Vali said as he partly closed his hand like he was trying to grab something.

(Half dimension!)

Suddenly space and time began to distort like it was being bended out of place.

"So you're now frozen in fear by my superior power. Fear not it will be over soon." Vali said as Issei stayed in his own world. Voices in his head tormented his mind.

"It's time use it! You must kill him!"

"The only way to defeat the white one is to walk the path of the ruin."

"YOU MUST USE JUGGERNAUT DRIVE! SAY THE SACRED CHANT!"

"Never! I won't use that power!" Issei yelled out loud expressing his pain.

"If you're not going to fight me, then I will kill everyone you care about!" Vali said as he unleashed a deadly blast at Rias and her peerage.

Issei's body moved without thinking and blocked the blast.

"Ahh!" Issei yelled as half of his armour was demolished.

"Issei! Hang in there Issei!" Rias said as she tried to embrace his blood dripping body.

"Use your Juggernaut drive Issei! Or I will kill every last one of them." Vali said making sure Issei got back to his level.

This time Vali blasted Issei with two magical orbs combined together increasing the pain even more.

"How boring. I may as well finish this then!" Vali said as he this time generated magical power through his throat.

Issei suddenly collapsed beginning to fall to the ground.

Rias caught Issei and hugged his blood stained face into her chest.

Issei was currently unconscious. However, he was awakened when he felt a cold liquid on his face.

When he opened his eyes, Issei realised it was Rias' tears hitting his cheek.

"Ri.... Rias...." Issei said as he put his hand on her cheek.

"It's okay Issei. If it is the end, then I will disappear with you. I won't let you be alone anymore." Rias said hugging Issei tight.

Issei smiled and wiped away her tears.

"Don't worry Rias, I'm not giving up just yet. I will protect you all." Issei said rematerializing his armour as an orange aura surrounded him.

A huge portion of magical power began to flow inside Issei making a warm sensation originate within his chest.

"Rias. I promise to defeat him. There is so much I want to do with you. I want to go out just the two of us to somewhere special. I want to make all of your dreams come true. I want to keep everyone safe so we can all live happily together. And most importantly, I want to live with you forever by my side Rias. Which is why, I promise I will make you proud as your mightiest pawn!" Issei said creating giant cannons on his shoulder.

(Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!)

Issei's giant red armoured cannons, began to generate a powerful emerald light as the power of the sekiryutei was transferred inside them.

"I'm the winner Hyoudou Issei! Vanishing impact!" Vali unleashed an incredibly powerful breath blast from his mouth confident with his finisher.

"I don't think so Vali. I will continue to live after today. And I will continue to get stronger!"

(Welsh dragon Bishop blaster)

After Draig announced the new move Issei had unlocked, both of the cannons fired an immense blast which collided with Vali's own attack. However, to Vali's surprise, Issei's new power easily overpowered him and consumed him whole.

Vali fell to the ground with his juggernaut drive completely annihilated.

Just as Issei was about to collapse, Rias and Kiba quickly grabbed hold of him before he had a chance to touch the ground.

"Great job Issei kun!" Kiba said

"As expected of my Issei. Geez you're so reckless you idiot." Rias said hugging him tightly.

After a few minutes, Vali struggled to his feet and showed his bloody exterior.

"So you can still stand Vali?" Issei said knowing full well that if it were not for his friends, he would be collapsing right now.

"Ha-ha! Ha-ha! Amazing! So amazing! Your power is incredible Hyoudou Issei. As expected of my rival. You've depleted all of my power this time, but I promise next time you won't win." Vali said as he used what was left of his power to deploy his wings and escape the barrier that was long ago destroyed.

With the traitor now gone, Saint Michael, Lord Sirzechs and Serafall approached the Sekiryutei.

"A job well done Issei Kun. As expected of one of Rias' servants." Serafall said using her magic power to heal him along with Asia.

"Thank you for the hard work Red dragon emperor. Thanks to you, Khaos brigade was unable to start another war." Saint Michael said walking towards the damaged hero.

"Saint Michael... I have a favour to ask of you." Issei barely said trying to speak clearly.

"What is it Issei kun?" Michael replied

"Will you please allow Asia and Xenovia to pray again. Despite becoming devils, they still pray even if they get painful headaches." Issei said making Xenovia and Asia smile.

"Xenovia, Asia, would you still like to pray even if the lord no longer exists?" Michael said to the believers.

"Yes. Even with the lord gone, I would still like to pray." Asia said making Xenovia speak as well.

"As would I. I would like to pray so I can thank you and the lord." Xenovia said feeling grateful.

"I, too, would also like to ask this of you Michael-Sama." Irina said making Xenovia look at her.

"Irina...."

"I blindly believed that you were a traitor. And I didn't even ask your side. I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to apologise for." Xenovia replied with a smile.

"Asia-San.... I spoke harshly to you too. I'm really sorry." Irina said with a blush.

"It's okay don't worry." Asia said cutting herself short when Issei collapsed to the ground.

"Issei?!"

"Issei Kun?!"

"Issei-San?!"

Everyone said as they went to the fallen devil.

Sirzechs approached Issei and checked his condition.

"Don't worry everyone, he's just exhausted. It would be best if you take him home Rias so he can rest." Sirzechs said making Rias create a magic circle.

"Of course Big brother. Then we'll be taking over leave." Rias said as they all disappeared in the Gremory symbol magic circle.

The next day, Asia and Rias decided to let Issei sleep in so he could get some well-earned rest. So they headed off to school alone intending to tell the teacher he was sick.

"Issei-San really is amazing isn't he president Rias?" Asia said with a blush on her face.

"Of course he is my Issei after all." Rias said with a blush not realising who was coming towards them now as they ventured towards the clubroom.

"Good day to you Rias Gremory and Asia Argento. It is nice to meet you." A stranger said making Rias on guard.

"Who are you? And how do you know our names?" Rias said feeling threatened now.

"I see that Hyoudou Issei isn't with you today then. That makes things easier." The man said again making Rias irritated.

"I asked who you are!" Rias said feeling infuriated now sensing this wasn't just a normal human.

"My name is Ryuu Tatsuo, and I am planning on taking everything away from Hyoudou Issei that he loves. Starting with you two!" Ryuu said a purple light piercing Asia and Rias' brains causing them to collapse.

"It now begins Hyoudou Issei. I am going to steal from you everything you love." Ryuu said walking away from the two girls who were collapsed on the pathway outside of the clubroom.

And that is the end of chapter 24! How was it? Did you enjoy it: D? I really enjoyed writing this and I'm so grateful to all of my readers who encourage me to press onwards. Sorry about the cliff hanger, but this is where the new arc begins! Next time on High school DxD Path of the Sekiryutei! Chapter 25 Who are you? P.S. I was going to have Bikou in this chapter, but I wanted to put my own spin on the story and plus he's not accidentally necessary here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 385 20
Issei Hyoudou the direct son of both Ddraig the welsh dragon emperor and Tiamat the chaos karma dragon. 600 years after the events of the great war...
33.6K 1.1K 13
Issei Hyoudou, or just Issei was an exorcist that had no memory of his past. He was one of the strongest exorcist of all time, due to possessing many...
5.2K 109 6
What if Issei never lived in kouh but lived in Kyoto instead? What if he wasn't even human But a Yokai Human hybrid? How would the Story unfold for E...
44.7K 569 31
Issei Hyoudou was an ordinary human. After his was killed on date, Rias Gremory turn him into a devil. After that, the young demon was drawn into in...