Fallen for Romeo #wattys2016

By SherlySusan

Kara Singleton, the stunning, hard like iron, smart and most successful woman in pharmaceuticals industry has... More

Chapter 1 - The Pretty Thief
Chapter 2 - Doomed?
Chapter 3 - Exursion
Chapter 4 - Way Out?
Chapter 5 - Meeting
Chapter 6 - The Witch Repellent
Chapter 7 - Lonely?
Chapter 8 - Grandpa
Chapter 9 - Date
Chapter 10 - Drunk
Chapter 11 - That Kiss
Chapter 12 - Absolute Mess
Chapter 13 - The Dance
Chapter 14 -The Proposal
Chapter 15 -Grandpa Angelopoulos
Chapter 16 - First Night
Chapter 17 - Bed Time
Chapter 18 - Pancakes
Chapter 19 - Still about Pancakes
Chapter 20 - Fish or Pizza
Chapter 21 - Witch and the Kids
Chapter 22 - His Wife
Chapter 23 - The Perfect Wife
Chapter 24 - Who is that Blonde?
Chapter 25 - The Hot Chick is Crazy
Chapter 26 - His Stash of Condoms
Chapter 27 - Those Poles
Chapter 28 - She doesn't have time for a Bimbo
Chapter 29 -Dinner Invitation
Chapter 30 - Revelation
Chapter 31 - His Freedom
Chapter 32 - His Sacrifice
Chapter 33 - She must have a Broken Heart
Chapter 34 - Please Stay
Author Notes
Chapter 35 - Brief Encounter
Chapter 36 - His Broken Heart
Chapter 37 - The Hospital
Chapter 38 - Welcome Back
Chapter 39 - Back Together?
Chapter 40 - Home
Chapter 41 - Banana Pancake
Chapter 42 - Joseph's Visit
Chapter 43 - Let's go On A Date
Chapter 44 -The Blonde is Back
Chapter 45 -Liar
Chapter 46 - The Car
Chapter 47 - A Dozen of Roses
Chapter 48 - A New Start
Chapter 49 - Home Alone
Chapter 50 - The Clown
Chapter 51 - The Other Problem
Chapter 52 - I Forgive You
Chapter 53 - The Old Singleton
Chapter 54 - It's Always Her
Chapter 55 - Caleb Singleton
Chapter 57 - It's Over
Chapter 58 - I Love You
Epilogue
Author Notes
His Brother (short story)
The Vow (short story)

Chapter 56 - kidnapped

8.4K 316 7
By SherlySusan

"No!" a firm disagreement came out from Stefan's mouth.

"But Stefan.... It's a business related. I have to be there or Mr Anderson will bail out." Kara protested.

"I don't care if he bailed out. I will pour the fund in myself if I must." He shrugged and flipped his newspaper before hiding his face behind it. They were sitting in the living room, spending the afternoon together. Stefan had just finished his work and now he was relaxing with his wife, enjoying the breeze from the garden. He was expecting a peaceful and quiet time with her but apparently she had different agenda.

Kara crossed her arms on her chest, "You know it's not about the money."

"what is it about then?" he mumbled, sounded uninterested to be sucked in into a fight, as he knew he would lose.

"It's about how good I am in negotiating the business deal."

"It means nothing if you will end up dead!" he yelled a little frustrated by how silly his wife had been.

Kara rolled her eyes and slammed her butts on the couch. "Stefan...."

"Don't Stefan me!" he lowered his newspaper, "I will not let you out from this house, you hear me?" his hazel eyes stared at her sharply, unimpressed by how she had taken the matter lightly. "I will tie you up if I have to."

"Oh really?" she grinned. "And then what are you going to do to me?" she purred sultrily, resting her chin on his shoulder.

Stefan narrowed his eyes to her dirty mind, "I am serious Kara!" he barked.

Kara never saw him this intense and it impressed her. She felt so loved and cared for even he had treated her like a five years old right now. But she had to go, it was a solid month of chasing this particular client to have a meeting with him, and Kara just couldn't just brush it off. The meeting had to happen.

She stole a glance toward her husband who sat next to her one more time, his body was planted against the comfy backrest of the couch and his attention was back to the newspaper that he held.

Kara bite her lip a little before slowly rose up.

"Where are you going?" he asked, didn't bother looking up from the article.

"I am going to take a nap." She said softly, pushing the giant paper down so she could peck his forehead before leaving him. She knew if she took off, he would scowl her big time but she would worry about it later. Right now she had to find a way to be in the golf course in an hour or she would lose her potentially big client.

***

"Kara.... Kara?"

No answer.

Stefan walked to the other room and calling his wife again, "Baby, where are you?"

No answer.

He had circling the house, the backyard and the gym to find her but he didn't see anyone and he started to panic.

"Andrea, where's Kara?" he rushed to the kitchen to ask his cook.

"I don't know, last time I saw her sitting with you."

"Where's Richard and Mike?" he asked about the bodyguards.

"They went outside just ten minutes ago."

"Shit!" Stefan had a bad feeling about this. Kara clearly had sneaked out on him and his bodyguards didn't make any reports about her whereabout. Either they didn't know Kara was gone or she had threatened them not to report her to Stefan.

Quickly he dialled her number and listened to the never ending ringing tone before it was finally gone to her voice mail.

"Oh shit...."

***

Kara was a little surprise when Mr Anderson changed his mind about meeting her in the golf club and took her to the archery club instead.

Shaking her head in disbelief, she stepped into the main entrance of the club. She was banned from this club after she shot David, one the arrogant instructor months ago, luckily Stefan had bought this place, otherwise it would be an embarrassment for her to inform Mr Anderson that she couldn't come in.

The receptionist smiled at her politely and let her in without checking her membership card. Everyone in this club knew her in fact they had a nickname for her, Katniss from the Hunger Games movie. She shook her head, holding his grin. Came to think about it, she admitted she was a little crazy at that time. She shouldn't shot David, she could go to jail if she injured him.

Well, she couldn't help herself. She hated jerks, she hated arrogant people and David happened to be one of them.

Oh hey, there he was. David run off to the other direction as soon as he saw Kara and she just rolled her eyes, "chicken," she mumbled.

"Mrs Angelopoulos. Hi!" a voice greeted her. A middle age skinny man in his white shirt and well-tailored suits called her out from the lobby area.

"Mr Anderson! So nice to finally meet you." Kara strolled closer to shake his hand. "Please call me Kara." She smiled at him.

"I am sorry Kara, I moved the meeting point here. I just heard from my friend that this club has a fantastic restaurant. I hope you don't mind." Mr Anderson shook her hand warmly. "Besides, I've never been in an archery club before. It would be fun to try a little." He beamed.

"No, I don't mind at all Mr Anderson. And I agree with the restaurant. It's the best." She smiled at him slightly relieved. Looking at how neat Mr Anderson was, she was glad that she dressed up properly with her high heels and all. She planned to just wear her golf gear straight from home but she didn't know why she changed her mind.

She had difficulty to climb down the trellises from her bedroom on the second floor in her tight skirt before to avoid being caught by her husband, but it was all paid off. She looked decent and all business like, she was ready to have the meeting.

"Oh I am glad!" Mr Anderson looked relieved, "Please call me Trevor. I heard so much about you, Kara. I am sorry if I didn't respond to your request a month ago. My wife was in the hospital and I didn't have time to do anything else except accompanying her. She had been really cranky. If you know what I mean." He winked at her and Kara smiled widely. Mr Anderson wasn't that bad after all. He had solid excuse to avoid her before. So she guessed this meeting would end up with a new serious client on her side. She couldn't wait to cut the deal.

Kara was right, the meeting went smoothly and Trevor had agreed to start the venture as soon as possible.

They then talked a little bit more about everything else while enjoying their lunch. Soon after, she excused herself to make a phone call to Stefan. She didn't want him to worry.

Kara walked outside the restaurant, straight to the small garden around the corner of the archery field, the quietest place in the club.

She pulled out her phone from her bag and groaned seeing two dozen miscalls from him. Oh he was going to kill her she thought, sighing heavily she dialled Stefan's number.

"Kara! Where the fuck are you?" came his angry voice. "And how did you get out from the bedroom?"

"Calm down grumpy. I am at the archer club..."

"Oh god, which part of no that you don't understand?!?! Anyway, are you okay? Why are you there? I thought you ...." He rumbled panicky against her ear and made her smile.

"I am okay Stefan. My client changed the venue. I got the deal. Just give me another hour and I will be home in no time."

"Stay there. I am coming!"

"Stefan.... You don't have to...."

"Listen to me woman, you gave me a heart attack already. I am at the golf club now. I'll be there in ten. Stay put!"

"Fine..." she shook her head listening to how angry Stefan had been. Oh boy.... She wondered what he would do to her when she got home. Would he give her silent treatment? Would he yell at her till his heart content, or would he stop kissing her for a week? The last one made her cringe.

She couldn't live without his touches and kisses....

She shook her head repeatedly trying to ease up. Let just worry about that later she thought. Right now she needed to get back to her client before he got upset for being abandoned too long.

Kara made her way back to the restaurant, but she felt the hair on her nape stood up. She was being followed, her instinct told her. She wanted to turn around to check who was behind her but it was all too late. A black cloth covered her face and a pair of strong arms wrapped her tightly and locked her in. Someone had captured from behind.....

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 4K 56
Helen Druman a simple girl with simple dreams,strong willed, hardworking and a fiery personality owns a small restaurant in one of the busiest place...
4.3M 173K 54
⭐️Romance Hot List: highest rank #20⭐️ She is shy. He is brave. She hides in the shadows. He lives in the spotlight. She wished for a fairy tale...
1.2M 35.5K 61
Silent, unforgiving and strikingly gorgeous, Rylan Parker is a cold-hearted businessman. An intimidating CEO, perfectly fitted in tailored suits and...
555K 25.7K 48
What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her back by Miguel's heartless frenemy?? Mi...