Leah Riddle (Book 1)

By xxShaylee3xx

(Series in Editing) "What's going on?" I turned to Severus. "We need your help. The Death Eaters," Barty said... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One

Chapter Twenty-Two

3.6K 51 12
By xxShaylee3xx

 I smiled at him and backed away.

"Hey, Harry," I said, waving before trying to walk past.

"Hey Leah, can we talk for a second?" He asked.

"Um, well I've really got to get to History of Magic class."

"It's okay, I'll walk you," He smiled and I managed to smile back.

"Great, so, uh about class today..." Harry started and I frowned.

"Were you trained in the Cruciatus curse?" he asked in a whisper.

"Listen Harry, my parents were on Voldemort's most wanted list. They wanted me prepared for anything if the death eaters came for us. I think that's a pretty valid reason," I said, glaring at him. 

"I'm sorry, I just...I have trust issues," he said, smiling at me. I could see Draco and Pansy trying to casually listen in. They were a little ahead of us. I laughed a little before turning to Weasley and Granger, who were hesitantly hanging behind.

"What are you guys afraid of me now?" I asked, with a frown.

"Of course not, we were confused, that's all" he assured me. I nodded and turned back around, angry that they became suspicious. I know they are.

"Listen, Leah, why don't you come to Hogsmead with us this weekend? It'll be fun to just hang out," Granger offered. I smiled tightly and nodded.

"Thanks, that sounds great," I lied, though they seemed to believe me.

"We can get some clothes or school supplies; whatever you want. I'm sure you need to get your mind off of things," she smiled. I laughed and glanced over at Draco who was trying not to smirk.

"Leah, are you wearing some sort of perfume? I keep smelling cinnamon around you," Weasley asked, coming up on my right.

"Oh, no, it's my relaxation potion. It's supposed to smell like something that relaxes you. It's a bonus to its relaxing...powers I guess you could say. Wearing it helps a lot, but the scent helps even more," I lied on the spot. Granger breathed what sounded like a sigh of relief. I looked at her and she smiled.

"That's why I smell new parchment and freshly cut grass," she smiled. I nodded and looked at Weasley who was subconsciously leaning closer.

"Uh, Ron, are you alright?" I asked, inching away.

"Sorry, Leah...hey, maybe we could go off on our own. During the Hogsmead trip I mean... maybe get some lunch?" he asked. 

"I'm sorry?" I asked, trying not to show my disgust. Pansy and Draco were laughing loudly in front of us and I scowled at their backs.

"Well, sort of like, a date," he stammered nervously. I frowned slightly before flashing him a smile.

"Sounds fun," I said, trying to sound convincing.

"Brilliant," he beamed before hugging me and running off. Potter and Granger laughed slightly before waving goodbye and heading to their own class.

"Look who's got a date with Weasley," Pansy laughed as I caught up to them. I glared at her before sighing and leaning into Draco.

"Kill me now," I groaned as he put his arm around me and opened the door to History of Magic. Pansy sized us up and nodded her approval, sitting with Blaise. Draco and I sat next to each other, whispering the whole time.

***

Saturday morning

I woke up and stretched before hearing a snicker in front of me.

"What?" I asked sleepily.

"You looked like a cat," Pansy giggled. I smiled into my pillow and yawned.

"What time is it?" I asked, looking up wearily. Pansy sat on the foot of my bed and looked over at the clock.

"Almost ten," she answered. I looked at her properly and saw her hair in a messy bun, her pajamas ruffled and her eyes wide and alert.

"Why are you so awake?" I asked, holding back a yawn.

"An owl landed on me, it was Draco's. He told me to meet him at the Three Broomsticks. We're going to be there so you have something to look forwards to after your date from hell. By the way, you should get ready. The trio is waiting," she said, sneering the last part.

"Ugh, I guess I'll get up," I sighed. I threw off the covers and wandered into the bathroom. I stripped out of my black cotton pajamas and stepped into the shower. The water woke me up and I relaxed a little. Once I finished I dried my hair and pulled it up into a messy bun, letting a few pieces wildly frame my face. I made my eyes a bright violet and then put on my black eyeliner. I added some mascara and lip gloss before walking out and looking through my trunk.

"You know, I almost let Draco come in," Pansy said, scaring the crap out of me.

"Pansy, you scared the life out of me!" I screamed, jumping slightly.

"Sorry. DRACO YOU HAVE TO WAIT!" Pansy yelled at the door to Draco. I found tight black jeans that looked like they were painted on, and then I found an off the shoulder grey sweater. I pulled on my black high heeled boots and opened the door so Draco could come in. I ignored him walking in and plopping down on the bed as I searched for my rings.

"What are you looking for?" he finally asked.

"My rings," I said before digging in my purse and finally finding them on the bottom.

"You look pretty," he complimented before kissing my forehead. I smiled and then looked to the door where I heard someone say 'awww'.

"You're okay with this?" I asked. She smiled and walked over. 

"Draco and I were barely ever a couple, it's fine."

"I just want to make sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes," I said and Pansy rolled her eyes.

"Speaking of toes, what shoes should I wear?" she asked. I walked over to my trunk and pulled out knee-high red suede stiletto boots which she marveled at. They added a pop of color to her all black outfit.

"Try them on for size," I smiled. She slipped them on and modeled them in the mirror.

"I love them," she smiled.

"Well then, let's go," I sighed. I left a little before them and found the trio waiting by the front doors.

"Hey guys, were you waiting long?" I asked, hoping they were.

"Well, yes," Granger frowned. I raised one eyebrow at her rudeness and Weasley laughed nervously.

"No not really, Hermione's just cranky," Weasley explained, appraising my outfit. I fingered my love potion necklace and couldn't wait to get it off.

"You look good," Potter complimented into the awkward silence. I smiled and twirled.

"Why thank you," I laughed. 

"It's unnecessary to dress like that," Granger sniffed. I looked at her simple straight leg blue jeans and tee shirt with a plain sweatshirt.

"I like looking my absolute best wherever I go. Remember I also have a date today," I bragged, knowing she hated me for 'being with' Weasley.

"She looks great," Weasley defended and I smiled smugly. I heard a loud snap come from the stairs and then a laugh. I looked over and saw Pansy on her ass, holding the heel on my boot, and scowling. Draco was smiling and trying to help her up, but all she did was stumble and fall again. It took everything I had not to laugh. I looked more closely at the shoe and realized she broke the heel.

"Hold on," I sighed to the Trio and started giggling as I started walking over to Pansy.

"What happened?" I asked quietly. Pansy sneered up at me but I could tell she was trying not to laugh. I looked at Draco who was glaring at me, but his eyes were bright with laughter.

"The heel snapped, but I don't know how," she said quietly. I smiled, seeing as my back was to the trio, and took out my wand.

"Repairo," I whispered and watched the heel reattach itself to the shoe and Pansy stood up.

"Thanks," she glared, but slyly sent me a wink before turning to Draco and clinging to him obsessively.

"Come on, Drakie Poo," she cooed. They brushed past me and I put on a scowl before turning around.

"Next time stay out of my wardrobe!" I yelled angrily, making my eyes flash red. She snorted and they opened the doors and left.

"She makes me so mad," I growled to the trio.

"She stole your shoes?" Granger asked.

"Yes, and then broke them!" I snapped.

"Bloody hell, she really is pug faced Pansy," Weasley said, and I restrained myself from defending her.

"Let's just go," I said, rolling my eyes. We exited the castle and started walking towards Hogsmead. When we got there, Granger pulled me over to a quill shop.

"I've been in need of a new quill," she said, browsing with interest. I smiled faintly and looked around impatiently. I looked at the now open door and saw a tall blonde boy with a winning smile walk in. I think I've seen him in school before. I rolled my eyes and turned around, trying to find Granger. She wandered away from me. I turned a corner and ran into the boy who I saw earlier.

"Oh, sorry. Hey, aren't you that nice Slytherin?" he asked. I smiled slightly and nodded.

"Yeah I guess so," I laughed.

"I'm Cedric Diggory," he said, holding out his hand. I hesitantly shook it and looked at his smiling face.

"I'm Leah Loveland," I introduced.

"Nice to meet you Leah, listen maybe we could hang out sometime?" he asked, and I noticed he looked a bit dreamy and he was inhaling deeply. Stupid love potion.

"Well, it sounds like fun, but I'm sort of with someone," I said, referring to Draco, but knew that everyone else thought it was Weasley.

"Oh...right. Well can't we just hang out? Maybe even in a group. Cho Chang is nice; her, you, Ron, Harry, Hermione, and I could get together," He offered. I smiled and nodded.

"That'd be great, thanks!" I lied. He smiled as well and put his hand on my arm.

"Great, see you around!" he said before walking off to find a quill of his own. I sighed and turned to see Granger patiently waiting.

"I'm glad you stayed true to Ron. Cedric is very cute and an upperclassman; I don't know if I could have said no," she admitted.

"Well, I am very true to the people I date. I'm a loyal person," I said. It wasn't exactly a lie... but I don't know. I've never actually been in a relationship.

"Good, it'd break Ron's heart if you cheated on him," she said, smiling sadly. 

"I know," I nodded as we walked out into the crisp September air. 

"We're supposed to meet Harry and Ron at Honeydukes," she explained, pulling me into the candy shop. I inhaled deeply at the scent of sugar and smiled. I love candy! I saw Draco and almost smiled but caught myself and looked away. He smirked and Granger narrowed her eyes.

"Is he causing you trouble?" she asked.

"What? No, definitely not," I said, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"Are you sure? He keeps looking at you, and Pansy seems angry at him," she observed. I looked over my shoulder and saw Pansy scolding Draco, probably for staring at me.

"Well I do look pretty good," I joked and Granger laughed.

"Alright Leah...oh there they are!" she pointed out and I looked over to the sugar quills where Potter and Weasley were laughing. We walked over and I put my hands in my pocket.

"Hellooo," I sang, trying to seem like we were friends. I was trying to talk to them like I would with Pansy.

"Hey Leah," they smiled and I saw that they had a bunch of sweets.

"I'm going to get chocolate frogs," I said, walking over to the chocolate frog isle.

"Well, look who it is," Pansy smiled. I looked over and saw Draco and Pansy browsing not too far down. Pansy dropped Draco's hand and made a face.

"It feels so wrong to be moving in on him," she said, scrunching up her nose.

"It should," I smiled. Draco and Pansy kept their distance in case someone came by, but they were clearly smiling at me.

"I'm officially obsessed with chocolate frogs," I shook my head, thinking about indulging myself in chocolate.

"Huh, now I know you're in love with an inanimate object," Pansy smiled.

"Excuse me, they are alive! They move and whatnot," I defended.

"Well, I'll have to get a bunch for our common room party that we're having... god knows when," Draco laughed. I laughed too and picked up a few boxes.

"Yes, get like a million," I laughed. They smiled at me and then saw a shadow approaching. I quickly turned away and occupied myself with my chocolate frog browsing. They clasped hands and smiled at each other, completely 'ignoring' my presence.

"Hey Leah, are you almost ready?" Potter asked, and then saw Draco and Pansy.

"Are they bugging you?" he asked lowly.

"No not really, they're sort of just there," I shrugged, grabbing one more box. 

"Alright...so you need anything else?" he asked, smirking when he saw my many chocolate frogs. I thought for a moment and decided I was set for a while.

"Nope, I'm good!" I chirped. We brushed past Draco and Pansy, and I snuck in a wink. They winked back and then went in the opposite direction. 

"Leah, are you ready for lunch?" he asked and I saw Draco and Pansy run over to the Three Broomsticks.

"Yeah, I'm starved!" I lied and smiled and we hooked arms.  I wish I didn't have to pretend to like this kid. We walked over to the Three Broomsticks and Weasley opened the door for me.

"Thanks," I smiled and I saw students and teachers gathered in small groups. McGonagall looked over at us and smiled in acknowledgment. I gave her a small nod and Weasley led us over to a table. I could see Draco's blonde hair from across the room and he looked over. He noticed me and smiled, making me laugh lightly and smile, but I was careful to make sure it looked like it was directed at the Weasel.

"For a Slytherin you're awfully happy go lucky," he laughed.

"Well, I guess Claire rubbed off on me," I shrugged.

"Yeah... is it torture in the common room?" he asked with a frown.

"Not really, I just sort of ignore people," I sighed. He nodded and looked up at our waitress... I didn't think this place had waitresses.

"What can I get you kids?" she asked.

"A butterbeer," I instantly said. She nodded and turned to Weasley.

"I'll have the same," he said.

"I'll be right back," she smiled. Weasley leaned back and smiled at me.

"So what are you getting to eat?" he asked.

"Well...what's good here?" I asked uncertainly. 

"I heard the Almond Salad is okay?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I've never had it, but Hermione said it was delicious."

"Well, I'll get that," I decided.

"I'm getting a cheeseburger," he said. I nodded and stared out the waitress who was returning with our drinks.

"Anything to eat?" she asked.

"The Almond Salad," I said quickly, wanting to get this over with. She nodded and looked at Weasley before smiling.

"I already know what you want," she laughed and wrote something down before walking away.

"I eat here a lot," he said, smiling sheepishly. I nodded and looked out the window. Our food came and Weasley hungrily dug into his burger. I, however, delicately ate my salad, and Granger was right, it was really good. Before I finished, Potter ran in and came over.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but Ron, Neville's gone whacky. We need you to help us out," he said. I almost sighed in relief.

"It's okay, go help Neville. I'll hang out and shop," I smiled.

"Thanks, Leah. I'm really sorry," Weasley apologized as he put money on the table.

"It's fine," I nodded and then put out a tip. He smiled and ran off. I sighed and closed my eyes. I heard two chairs scrape against the floor and I opened my eyes. Sure enough Draco and Pansy were sitting with me.

"That sucked," I complained. Draco laughed and pulled me onto my feet.

"Come on, let's go back and hang out in the common room," he said. He put his arm around my waist and I rested my head on his shoulder. We crashed in the common room and patiently waited for midnight to roll around. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 1.4K 42
Draco Malfoy: cold, distant, ignorant, rude, arrogant, and above all else, downright gorgeous. Juniper Hartley: caring, intelligent, unfathomably sw...
47.9K 3.2K 54
16 Year Old Tom Riddle realized that with his return came a few...complications. Mainly being...Where was he going to stay, how is he going to surviv...
578K 10.8K 67
Coming from rich families, Draco and Blair both had everything they could ever ask for...except love, but hey, who believes in that anyway? So, when...
161K 3.4K 60
Avalon Malfoy. You were the first person to ever make me feel something. I was afraid, confused on how a little girl could make me feel emotions when...