Two Months Together

By AddictingLove

Claire is just your average teenager. Loves dance, loves photography, loves her family and is loving life. On... More

First Look, First Feeling
Fireworks
Love Struck
Questions; With Answers Like Titanic
How's It Going To Be
A Night On The Red Carpet
A Painful Goodbye
The Beginning Of The Stutters
Friday Traffic
Warm Welcomings
This Is Bee
The Three Magic Words Finally Revealed
An Interesting Day
Honesty And Truth
Dinner Above The Bay
An Unfortunate Club Outing
Taylor's Angry Side
Taylor Lautner, Duh
Crowded Showers And Regrets
First Run In With The Paps
Packing, Flashbacks, And Lopez Tonight?
Welcomed By Nikki Reed
Together Forever
Cheesecake Factory Funnies
Forbidden Dessert
First Times, Nervous Hands
Beach Day With Vampires And Werewolves
Soul Mates
Just A Dream?
Anxiety Hour
Be My Hero
Never Let You Go
Audition of My Life: SYTYCD!
Surprises Come With Decisions
Make This Day Last Forever
Our House
New Friends, Old Friends
Confessions
Over Protection
Life On The Beach
In A Blink Of An Eye
And The Awkward Moments Begin
Roses In My Hair
An Abrupt Statement
Love Is Never Perfect
Big News
The L Word, Though Unexpected
Time Flies, Only When You're At Peace
This Is Where Reality Sets In
Late Nights In Charm City
Together At Last
One Year
The Day That I Never Wanted To Come
The Big Day
A Vast Escape To Another World
New Beginnings Come With New Adventures
Secrets Unleashed
Up Close And Personal
Black Windows
Welcome To The Family
Long Live
He Is The Sunlight
Happy Birthday: To The 3 People I Love
Who Do I Turn To? Addiction or Air?
Things Were Going So Well
Fuck Cheesy Writers
Realizing What I've Done
Do I Still Cross Your Mind?
Take Me Back To The Beginning
Here's To Forever

Hospital Nightmares, Future Dreams

2.7K 13 3
By AddictingLove

Chapter Forty Two

Claire's POV:

I woke up in what looked like an ambulance.

Strapped to this stretcher, my eyes wandered around myself. I saw a guy sitting to the left of me who suddenly caught my eyes.

"Hello!" I could barely hear him over the blaring sirens and running engine. I just stared at him the best I could.

"We're driving to the hospital now, don't worry." I guessed that, dumb ass.

I was more worried about the guy whom I loved and where he was at.

"Where's Taylor..." I mumbled roughly.

I doubt he heard.

The man leaned forward, placing his ear to my mouth.

"Where is Taylor Lautner.." I repeated.

"The guy who was stuck in the car?"

I barely nodded.

"He's in another ambulance heading to the hospital too.. You'll see him in a few minutes here." He assured me gently.

I sighed and tried to relax my overly beat up body.

We arrived at the Malibu General Hospital and I was more awake than ever, though that came with a price. Livid pain.

I was groaning in agony, feeling all these Goddamn serrated knives protruding along my body at once. I tried gripping my muscles till they were numb, but it only made things worse.

The medics rolled me through the Emergency Room and into one of the private rooms where they would clean me up. I guessed I needed to take a major shower - sarcastically anyway - because I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirrors and saw blood splotches scattered all over my battered body. My hair was in tangles, some glued to my forehead from the red goo seeping from my head. My dress torn and black now from the asphalt. I looked like a girl who had just came back from the depths of hell. It scared me to see myself like this, but it also frightened me to think of how Taylor would look. What was his damage? Since he was still in the flipped car other than myself.

Once I was in my room, they just left me hanging, though the same medic from the ambulance stayed by my side.

Finally, my adrenaline source just strolled through the door.

Taylor was rolled in on his stretcher right next to mine, though he wasn't awake.

My eyes bugged as I watched nurses, medics, and doctors rush in and start up that thingy with the big electric pads. I couldn't remember the name of that machine for the life of me, but I didn't care. They ripped open his shirt and charged up the contraption, soon placing the two on his chest; I almost threw a fit seeing his limp body flop in convulsion from the electricity. Tears streamed down my blood stained face as I screamed his name in terror. I probably sounded like a sick cat, my voice was scratchy and raw.

"Don't you dare give up on me now Taylor!" I yelled hoarsely. "Please don't leave me.." I cried.

They continued doing what they were doing and I knew what was coming.. I always saw it on TV and the patients never turned out in the end.

I wanted so badly to get out of this bed and stand by his side, hold his hand in mine. But I knew I couldn't.

More and more staff members piled into the room, all trying to restrain me from leaping out of the bed.

"Shirley! Put this one out please!" A distressed male called out.

Just then, one of the nurses came over with a huge needle and stuck it in my neck. Screaming once more, I was soon put under. Not knowing whether my boyfriend lived or not.

My last thought:

I love you.

~~~~

"Honey... wake up.."

I was slowly being shook awake, again, by my mother. I could easily pull out her voice.

My lids flew open and immediately I said, "Is Taylor alive?"

She stared at me, eyes wide.

"Mom..." My stomach grew uneasy.

"He is alive," I relaxed then. "but in pretty bad shape sweetheart."

I just looked at her, feeling that overly annoying sting coming from my tear ducts. Though this time, I didn't care if I cried. There was no point in holding it back.

"Oh Claire.." My moms hand stroked my forehead carefully. I flinched at the small stab of pain inflicted from her light touch. I had guessed I had a cut in my head.

"What time is it? Is anyone else here? What injuries do I have? Wha-" My mom shushed my questions and told me to save my energy.

"Daddy and your brothers are here. Holly and Deborah said that they'll try and make it here by tomorrow afternoon if possible. Though a few of your friends will be here sometime in the morning.." Her voice was soft and assuring, though I could hear the exhaustion in her tone. "Debbie, Dan, and Makena are here as well.. and some of Taylor's friends. Which is nice."

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I wondered if Jack heard about this. If he did, was he going to come visit?

"And its three in the morning." She reminded me.

I closed my eyes as my brain processed everything that was being told to me.

"What happened to me?" I asked again, quivering under my skin.

She took my hand this time, "You have a few broken ribs, a gash in your head, and a broken ankle." I could tell it was hard for her to talk about this. My other hand flowed over my ribs, prodding them ever so lightly. More agony surged through me.

"My God.." I spoke under my breath.

"Bruises and cuts also, but I'm just happy that you're alive honey." She smiled.

"Wait, mom.. wasn't Vegas week supposed to be... next week..?"

"Yes, Claire. I'm sorry to say that you won't be able to do it.."

My heart sank. I couldn't believe this.

"I know how hard you've worked for it, but you'll have next year okay?"

What am I even thinking about... A couple injuries? But at least I'm breathing and not dead. Taylor's new status was almost that..

"Mom," I whispered.

"Hmm?" She looked at me.

"Where's Taylor now?"

"Right next to you sweetie," She stood and pulled the curtain quietly aside, which revealed a sleeping Taylor.

He was in bad shape. My baby. His face was covered in gashes and cuts, and a long slice was embedded in his right bicep. Most of the blood had been washed off from his skin, creating this dark dirtier color to him. I didn't want to see if there was anything else underneath those hospital sheets. All I wanted to do was to go wrap my arms around his vulnerable body and never let anything happen to him.

My mom left the curtain ajar for me to see him, saying that she loved me and that she'd be in the waiting room with the family for a while.

Now by myself, I had burnt holes in the ceiling from staring. It was dark in the tiny room, though a small gloom of the moon shone a path of light on the tiled floor.

I couldn't bear closing my eyes and falling asleep. I was afraid of what I would dream of. Something that would haunt me for the rest of my life. The blinding lights; the ear shattering brakes; the rush; the pain. Though it wasn't something that was my fault... Nor the mans fault who was sleeping just inches from me. I overheard some of the nurses talking about the accident earlier and they might have said something like about that the driver didn't make it... Lost too much precious blood. Though among that source, alcohol was infused with his organs.

Taylor's deep uneven breathing had me in broken sobs for hours. It was hard listening to how even oxygen was a challenge for him.. He would cough every so often as well. There had to be something wrong with his ribs too.

My thoughts raged on through the late night. Probably the drugs kicking in.

From marrying Taylor and having little babies with him, to playing on the beach with our thirteen year old daughter, twelve year old son, and four year old daughter.

Lily, Jason, and Ilona... (EYE-loan-uh) Ilona is my mother's middle name.

We were filled with happiness and laughter. It made me smile to see this hopeful future of ours. In this glimpse, I felt Taylor's longing warm fingers around mine. It was Heaven.

The last picture in my mind before I finally drifted away was of our family.

Taylor and Claire Lautner with three beautiful smiling faces below:

Lily Noelle Lautner, Jason Dan Lautner, and Ilona Deborah Lautner.

Our little... happy.. family..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241 31 6
Please, let me make your world spin around. Let me tell you about Bella, her best friend and her brother Ben. Let me make you question everything. Th...
371K 4.7K 50
Rachel Brian has never been in a serious relationship before. Well, until she meets the amazing Taylor Lautner. The two hit it off immediately and Ra...
2.8M 55.2K 31
**Book TWO of "The Taylor Family Series" following "Nine Months"** ... Matty and Sums Taylor are at it again!! Join these two in their crazy life of...