High school DXD The path of t...

By Damowatling

This a story of Issei's early awakening after his parents are tragically murdered when he was only 11 years o... More

Chapter 1 the birth of the red dragon emperor!
Chapter 2 Introducing Rias Gremory
Chapter 3 The rampaging Stray devil
Chapter 4 The red dragon emperor!
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 times of peace
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 Let's clean the pool!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 The priestess of lightning vs the ruin princess
Chapter 27 The Heart of a Dragon!
Chapter 28 This ends now!
Author note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 The crimson saviour!
Chapter 31 Blunt sword
Chapter 32 Koneko's shadow. Release your power!
Chapter 33 I've missed you Shirone
Chapter 34 Cat fight! The Nekomata siblings
Chapter 35 Get ready for the Kuoh academy sports festival! He's my Issei!
Chapter 36 Go for the gold Kuoh Academy!
Chapter 37 the darkness behind the door
Chapter 38 you picked the wrong day to piss me off!
Chapter 39 The Gremories vs the Crime force dragon!
Chapter 40 Holy demonic light vs chaotic despair!
Chapter 41 A mask to cover up the sadness
Chapter 42 The dark wings which ensnare her heart
Chapter 43 One year with the Gremories! Issei's big surprise!
Chapter 44 Euclid's master plan. I won't let you hurt my fiancee!
Chapter 45 Rias Gremory has fallen? Issei's tough decision!
Chapter 46 Issei's heavy gamble!
Chapter 47 Hail to the new king! A crash of crimson
Chapter 48 the master and his servant

Chapter 12 Yuuto returns

6.2K 109 23
By Damowatling

Chapter 12 Yuuto returns!

Issei woke up early the next morning feeling the need to get in some morning training with the church getting dangerously close to his devil friends. Although, it was quite a task to escape from the vice grip of both his master and his friend Asia in a way that did not wake them up from their sleep.

But like when most times something seemed impossible to Issei, he once again found a way to accomplish it getting in some early training. With his morning routine now complete, he now was currently in the kitchen making breakfast for a change.

Issei sighed remembering the night before when Asia and Rias were arguing again who would get to sleep with Issei that night.

(Flashback)

"Asia, I am Issei's master so it's by my right that I have my servant sleep next to me." Rias said flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"But that's not fair president, I started living with Issei san first so I should be allowed to sleep with him as well! You should stop hogging him." Asia retorted back refusing to back down.

"You may have started living here first, but I met Issei first! So I refuse to lose to you Asia!" Rias said back in spite.

The two girls were arguing with each other in the nude in Issei's bedroom whilst Issei finished what was left of his homework.

"I may be getting started later than you have, but I also refuse to back down president!" Asia said back feeling determined.

"You forget the obvious fact here Asia, Issei fondled my breasts in the bed."

"He fondled mine too!"

"We even kissed the other day before you came in!"

"Then I will take him from you by force president!"

"You dare try take what's precious from your master?!"

"I just want Issei san to dote on me as well!" Asia said suddenly hugging Issei from behind.

"Asia what are you doing?" Issei said suddenly distracted from his work.

Rias pulled a pouting face and then sat on Issei's lap wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Hey Issei.... You like my body right?" Rias said in a seductive tone pressing her chest really close to him.

"As I said before Rias, you're boobs are very beautiful." Issei said with a blush

"See Asia Issei clearly finds me more attractive."

"You're boobs may be bigger now president, but i'm still growing so I may have bigger breasts than you some day!"

"Come on you two, let's just go to bed we've got Irina and Xenovia showing up at the clubroom tomorrow so I can see why you're nervous. But it's not going to help if we try to avoid the matter at hand so let's just get some sleep we can sleep together alright?" Issei said placing an arm around each of them making their anger subside.

Rias and Asia smiled hugging Issei from both sides.

"Issei san is right, let's just get some sleep." Asia said feeling warm because of Issei's touch.

"Its official, Issei is the only one who can make my heart beat so fast and can calm my destructive innate rage with just one sentence." Rias said leaning up against him as well.

(End of flashback)

"Geez those two are going to be the death of me if they keep attacking me in the nude. If they carry on being so insistent I may let my primal instincts take over again." Issei said secretly feeling cheerful when he remembered his kiss with Rias.

"I think you have something more important to worry about in terms of danger partner." Draig said a green circle appearing on Issei's left arm.

"What's wrong Draig another enemy?" Issei said knowing of a few potential powerful enemies because of the warnings from Sirzechs.

"I don't know if you sensed it recently partner, but I picked up an energy signature from the white one." Draig said bringing Issei to attention.

"The vanishing dragon? I had a feeling I would have to fight him soon." Issei said his core feeling raging hot all of a sudden.

"Yes it is the fate of the red dragon emperor and the white dragon emperor to face off for all eternity so the time will come when you to will have to face the next white dragon user." Draig said

"His power is the opposite to mine right? Divine dividing I think it's called."

"That's correct partner i'm impressed that you looked into your rival this much."

"Well of course, I owe it to you to prove to the demon world that my partner is the most powerful dragon after all. And besides, I have to do everything I can to protect my master and my friends." Issei said whilst he prepared the rice and tea.

"Don't worry partner, you're not alone I will help you take on the white dragon."

"Thanks Draig. Any idea who the possessor of the sacred gear is?"

"Unfortunately partner so stay on your guard." Draig said

"I got it Draig I'll be careful thanks."

"Guess who?" A voice said holding their hands over Issei's eyes.

"Hmmm well judging from your beautiful fragrance and soft hair, I would have to say. Rias?"

"Correct!" Rias said wrapping her arms around his waist from behind.

"Rias?"

"You're so mean you know that? You left before I woke up and deprived me of my cute and handsome dragon body pillow." Rias said nesting her head into his broad back.

"My apologies Rias, I decided to get in some early morning training so I'm ready to protect you and the rest of the Gremory household when the time comes." Issei said whilst he fried the eggs.

"Impressive, just as I expected from my strongest pawn. But don't overdo it okay?" Rias said resting comfortably on his back.

"But i'm your only pawn Rias." Issei said enquiring to her previous statement.

"That's exactly my point." Rias said now letting go of him.

"Now I'm going to get started on lunches." Rias said approaching the other side of the kitchen.

"Good morning president, Issei san. Don't worry i'm just finishing up your lunch now Issei san." Asia said making Rias frown.

"Hey Asia, I was going to make Issei his lunch today." Rias said getting the ingredients she needed.

"Its fine you two, I'm a dragon so I have a very healthy appetite. I'll gladly eat both of your delicious lunch boxes so don't fight okay?"

"Yes Issei san." Asia said smiling washing the cutlery she used to make the lunch.

"Thank you Issei. You really are manly in many ways even when it comes to solving problems." Rias said winking at him and returned to her breakfast.

Issei smiled back towards Rias and suddenly lost himself in a trance.

Issei stared right at Rias unable to shift his gaze from her as he began to realise how fortunate his life was going for him now. Just months ago, he was by himself. A lone wolf who only lived for revenge and nothing more. And now here he was surrounded by people who care about him and a woman he desired nothing more than to treasure and protect which could be mistook of a dragon's nature to hoard and possess every fancy trinket they find.

However, Issei deep down knew that this wasn't the case at all. He could not avoid the truth that lay right in front of him. Issei held a strong attraction towards the crimson princess but this wasn't one of admiration anymore. It had developed into something more personal and warm. Issei realised it after the arrival of Raiser Phenix and the training with her older brother. Issei was in love with this woman.

Just as Issei began to think about his feelings for Rias, Issei was reminded of two hesitations why he held himself back near his master. The first reason being that she is not only a high class devil far outranking him, she is also the demon lords little sister and a mere low class servant obviously had no right to be with someone of such high elegance and beauty. It was at that point that those words from Sirzechs ran through his mind.

"You've passed the test. I'm leaving my little sister to you. Please protect her."

But there was another reason why Issei can't pursue a relationship with Rias. He feared that all those he came to love and become close to are taken from him in the most brutal and tragic way. This thought referred to his parents dead on the floor in front of him.

"No I won't let that happen again! White dragon, fallen angels, even god himself! I won't let any of them hurt her. I'll get stronger and crush them all!"Issei thought to himself to counter the negative images.

"Issei san? Issei san?" Asia said snapping Issei out of his blank stare into space.

"Ah sorry Asia. It's nothing. Let's get ready for school." Issei said grabbing his school bag.

Asia, Issei and Rias left the house but like Issei, the heir of the Gremory clan herself was lost in thought.

Rias had a dream that morning that she decided to keep to herself. It wasn't a nightmare or anything but it definitely made an effect on her mind.

(Flashback)

Rias opened her eyes and she found herself in the Gremory households dining hall realising that she must have been spacing out at the huge table. The crimson princess looked around and found out that she was not alone at the table her family was also in this room with her. Her brother, her mother and her father were also present.

"Rias how is school going for you?" Lord Gremory said.

"Huh? Oh um yes school is going quite well at the moment father, no problems to report." Rias said taking a sip of her tea.

"And how is your new servant? What was his name? Hyodou Issei?" Lord Gremory said making Rias blush.

"He's doing very well father. He exceeds every one of my expectations. He was well worth all of my pawn evil pieces." Rias said taking another sip to hide her blush.

"Excellent. Glad to see that all is going well." Lord Gremory said back.

"That reminds me Rias, your next potential marriage partner has been decided." Lord Gremory said making Rias stand up immediately.

"Father that won't be necessary i've already said that I will marry when I meet someone I choose to marry." Rias said in a fluster

"Rias calm down please. Your Father has learned from his mistakes and has taken advice from your brother for your ideal companion." Venelana Gremory said assuming her role as the mother.

"Big brother did?" Rias said looking towards the entrance to the dining hall as the doors began to open.

Rias dropped her china mug when she saw who walked through the doors.

"Issei?!" Rias blushed and froze in place as soon as Issei approached her father.

"Well then Hyodou Issei. I leave my daughter to you." Lord Gremory said to Issei.

"Sure thing Sir. You can leave her to me." Issei said smiling towards Rias.

(End of flashback.)

"President. President." Issei said bringing Rias back to reality.

"I'm sorry I was just lost in thought. So anyway, when the church saints come to the clubroom today, leave all the talking to me. We don't want any problems to start between us and the church."

"I understand president Rias." Issei and Asia replied together setting Rias at ease.

When the sun began to set and the sky was tainted amber, Rias had now gathered all of her servants were gathered together in the clubroom waiting for the arrival of the saints.

"Hey everyone" Issei said walking through the doors of the clubroom.

"Ara Issei kun, how is your arm today?" Akeno said placing a cup of tea down by him.

"It's fine thank you Akeno. No problems today." Issei said back

"Ara that's a shame. Well make sure you come to me if you ever need anymore service from me Issei kun." Akeno said seductively biting Issei's ear.

After Issei was teased by Akeno, the rest of the club members could feel a huge destructive force in the room.

"Akeno. Don't you think we have more important things to be doing right now?" Rias said with a menacing aura around her.

"Ara I'm sorry I was just making sure my junior was healthy and okay president." Akeno said enjoying teasing Rias again.

"You're getting too close to him." Rias said still grumpy.

"President. They're here." Issei said with his eyes on the door.

All eyes were now on the door as the two robed swordsman walked inside the clubroom.

"Welcome to the Occult Research Club room." Rias said sitting at her desk chair.

"We appreciate your cooperation. I am Xenovia."

"I'm Shido Irina."

"For what reason would servants of God desire to meet a devil?"

"Although it is yet to be found, the six remaining Excalibur's have been kept by three divisions of the church. Three of those have been stolen by fallen angels." Shido Irina said

"The ones that we have are this, the holy sword of destruction, Excalibur destruction."

"And you know all about my holy sword of mimicry, Excalibur mimic. You know it's the one I used to try cut you down the other day."

"Yes I am well aware of that. Now please explain to us what this has to do with us." Rias said starting to show signs of irritation.

"This problem is between us and the fallen angels. We can't afford to deal with the devils of this city."

"Well aren't you condescending. You thought we would side with the fallen angels to do something to the holy swords?"

"We are well aware of how much you devils despise the holy swords. Therefore you're in the same position as the fallen angels we have been instructed to deal with."

Rias Gremories irises began to shift to their destructive crimson red.

"Don't you dare say that about the president!"

"Issei senpai don't do this." Koneko said trying to hold him back.

"If we must, we will completely destroy you, even if you are the sister of a Satan." Xenovia said causing Issei to activate his boosted gear.

"If you know that much about me, I will never side with a fallen angel. In the name of the Gremories I swear I will never do anything to humiliate the Satan's."

"I am glad to hear that. That was just what our headquarters were after. I am sure the sister of a Satan would not be so foolish." Xenovia said making Issei grit his teeth.

"Then you must know that I won't side with you and your god, correct?"

"Of course. We would like you to simply pledge you won't intervene in our battle against the heathens."

"Understood." Rias said smiling thankful this was finally coming to an end.

"Well then thank you for your time." Xenovia said getting up.

"Won't you stay for some tea?" Rias offered kindly.

"I am sorry, but we cannot befriend devils. We shall take our leave now." Xenovia said suddenly looking towards the timid blonde holding onto Issei's arm.

"Come to think of it, I've been wondering this since I visited Hyoudou Issei's house. Are you Asia Argento?" Xenovia said making Asia surprised.

"Y-Yes."

"I never thought i'd see a witch here." Xenovia said making Asia have a gloomy expression.

"Oh yeah that's right! You're that ex-nun who became a witch? I heard that you were exiled because you could even heal devils and fallen angels, but I never knew you would sin further by becoming a devil!" Irina said making Asia quiver and making Issei's inner rage boil.

"Oi that's enough." Issei said trying to stop them bullying her.

"To think that a saint has become a devil. Nobody's perfect I suppose." Xenovia said making Asia shed tears.

"I told you that's enough! You're really starting to make Asia uncomfortable!" Issei said making a dragon like aura begin to surface.

"Do you still believe in our god witch?" Xenovia said

"Yes. Even though I have become a devil and even though I was made to suffer. I can't seem to let it go. I believed in him all my life."

"I see, then let me kill you now. Whatever sins you have committed, god will always forgive you. I will punish you in the name of God!" Xenovia said revealing her weapon from the bandaged case it was sealed in bringing it down upon Asia.

Asia screamed and curled into a ball as judgement seemed to be being dealt upon her right now.

"Oi. I said that's enough!" Issei said now pushing back the Excalibur of destruction using his gauntlet.

"A devil can withstand a blow from the mighty holy sword Excalibur? Impossible!" Xenovia said trying to release the sword from Issei's colossal grip.

"Issei!"

"You mustn't!"

"What the hell do you know of Asia?! When one of your so called believers of God tried to harm her and defile her! Asia was always alone! All she wanted was somebody to help her and be friends with her! What's so wrong with that?!" Issei said pushing back Xenovia away from the blonde frightened girl.

"Issei san!"

"And what was that you called her a witch?!"

"I believe it's a term fit for her state." Xenovia said back blankly.

"Don't fuck with me! First of all you come in here and insult my master accusing her of treachery towards you. And then you go labelling Asia?! You were the ones who started calling her a saint in the first place! And what did you do for her? You threw her out just because you were not capable of understanding Asia's kindness to all who she comes across!"

"All a saint need's is God's love. Those who try to seek out for friends or even love are not worthy of sainthood."

"Screw faith and screw god! If an all loving deity wouldn't help Asia when she was suffering alone and also let two of his children try to kill her. Then I will unleash all of my power to protect her and if I have to, defeat god himself with my bare hands!" Issei said getting right in Xenovia's face.

"I knew it; Issei has now been corrupted by the ruin princess. I must take her down now for the sin of corrupting my childhood friend! Amen!" Irina said removing her cloak and transforming her Excalibur mimic to a katana.

"I told you before Irina, that if you ever try to hurt Rias again, that I won't hold back!" Issei said trying to punch her.

Irina did a back flip and landed at Xenovia's side.

"Can I assume that as a challenge to the church?" Xenovia said.

"You can think whatever you like, but just know that I won't let anybody take what's important to me!" Issei said pointing his fist at them.

Rias, Akeno, Koneko and Asia were smiling at Issei after he made such a strong declaration.

"What a bold statement from such a feeble devil. Bring it on!" Xenovia said pointing her sword at him.

"Very well. I will be your opponent." A devil said who was now leaning up against the doors.

"Who are you?" Xenovia replied.

"Your senior." Kiba said looking towards the blue haired swordsman.

All members of the house made their way outside along with the two holy swordsmen.

"Well then let us begin." Xenovia said.

Xenovia and Irina removed their holy gowns and equipped their Excalibur's.

"Is this really okay Rias?" Akeno said.

"This is not a declaration of war. It's just a simple unofficial sparring match."

"It's just as she said, we'll do our best not to kill you." Xenovia said pointing her sword at Kiba.

"You're laughing?"

"Yeah, because I finally found what I've been dying to destroy." Kiba said making several swords shoot out from the ground.

"Sword birth? I remember now. It was said that one subject from the holy sword experiments escaped disposal." Xenovia said back.

"Yeah and I'll make sure you regret the fact I escaped that death trap when I destroy Excalibur once and for all!" Kiba said grabbing a sword from the ground.

"Hyoudou Issei kun! I can't believe my old friend became a devil during our years apart. Is destiny toying with us to cause such tragedy?! I finally became compatible with a holy sword and even flew over the sea thinking that I could be of use! Is this another of the lord's trials?! Although, overcoming this will bring me one step closer to him!" Irina preached making Issei alert.

"I don't regret becoming a devil! Not one bit. Because of this power, I was both able to avenge and move on with my life after my parent's death!" Issei said his gauntlet shining.

"Come, Issei-kun. Let me use my Excalibur to punish you for your sins! Amen!" Irina said charging Issei.

"I will punish those who threaten the lives of my friends!" Issei said getting into a fighting stance as the saint charged him.

Chapter 13 will be the fight between Issei and Irina. And also Kiba Vs Xenovia. So look forward to it . Chapter 13 Gremories Vs the Saints.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 130 20
A mysterious young man enters the town of Kouh in search of a student to carry on his teachings and legacy, as well as the ways of an ancient religio...
64.8K 570 8
Issei finds out the truth about his reincarnation as a devil. See what will issei become and what course of action he takes. This story is similar t...
51.4K 702 14
Continuation of my RWBY story "The strongest" Y/N, after his adventure on Remnant, is now into a new world, that is a mystery to him On his quest of...
44.7K 569 31
Issei Hyoudou was an ordinary human. After his was killed on date, Rias Gremory turn him into a devil. After that, the young demon was drawn into in...