Chasing Wild Hearts [1]

By glitter_xox

[Previously known as Chase Me Alpha. The Alpha series can be found on Inkitt] Keeping a secret that could cha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Epilogue
Sequel?
Original versions available on Inkitt

Chapter Sixteen

159K 5.1K 1.1K
By glitter_xox

The butterflies dance in my stomach as I wait outside near the door for Cole. He hasn't come home yet.

This was my home now. It still felt strange to say it but I lived with everyone here now. It is past eight at night and people were heading out with their friends but I was waiting for Cole. I want to tell him today. I didn't want to drag it on anymore but he hadn't come home since this morning. He was out with Liam still.

"Hey Sky!" Aiden waves at me as he walks towards me with Mason.

"Hi," I smile as they stand in front of me.

"Who are you waiting for? It's going to rain soon, don't you want to go inside?" Aiden asks me.

"Have you guys seen Cole? He hasn't been here since morning and I'm a little worried," I tell them truthfully.

Liam hasn't returned either.

Mason frowns taking a step closer.

"Alpha hasn't returned?" He asks confused.

"No," I tell him.

"He said he'll be back at 6. I assumed he was with you that's why I didn't bother checking in," Mason mumbles quietly as he mindlinks someone.

"I can't seem to get to him either. Shit," He curses as he takes a step back.

"I'll take a few guys out and look for him. Aiden, stay here and you're in charge. Find Zach for me, and tell him to bring his men and I'll be on the east side. Tell them to spread out," Mason orders Aiden, the beta instinct kicking in.

He walks away quickly and I turn to Aiden who's mindlinking people.

"What shall I do?" I ask him.

I'm the Luna. He's my mate. I need to do something.

"Stay here and get Carter. Tell Carter to find Jason and tell him to protect the pack houses. I'll spread out and look for Alpha too," Aiden says with a sense of determination as he walks backwards.

"Liam!" I call out to Aiden, "Find Liam too!" I say and he nods as he runs away shifting mid air into his brown wolf.

I can't sense Alex, Kira growls a little.

I ignore her.

Carter. I need you to find Jason. I don't know which one but he needs to protect the pack houses. Liam and Cole haven't returned and I don't know what to do but I'm going to go and look for them too. I mindlink Carter quickly as I head down the few steps and walk towards the forest.

Find him there first.

I walk as fast as I can but don't run because I don't want too many people thinking something was wrong.

I follow the instructions Carter had given me about mindlinking and find Cole's door in my mind. I push it open and step inside.

Cole? Where are you? I send a quick message as I run further into the forest away from people's eyes. I stop next to a tree and listen to any noise.

Holy shit. Cole's shocked voice fills my mind and I grin.

Where are you? I ask him.

I um I'm a little tied up, He replies confusion clear in his voice.

Where? I ask again.

I don't know. I think there's a river and I'm not far out of my territory because I can still feel the link between my pack. Liam is unconscious. I think we got a little too drunk, He sighs.

I don't know this place, my mind panics as I try to think of a way to get to him.

He's tied up. This is all my fault. Someone took him because of me.

I have a headache, baby, His sighs, not because of you. You're my baby. My mate. My love. My baby. I can call you that right? Did you see Bethany? I have to ask her what colour room she wants. Cole carries on talking.

Cole, are you still drunk? I ask him.

Yes. I think I am because I'm talking to you in my mind, She could hear the frowning his voice.

I didn't reply back.

20 feet on the east out of our territory. I'm shifting, Kira says to me and I nod mentally.

I could feel the pain as my bones cracked again but I didn't care about the pain. I had to find Cole. Something was wrong. I could feel it.

I felt the shift happen and in a few seconds I was standing on my four paws. I shook out my fur and ran. I ran as fast as I could, the cold air dancing above my fur.

Left, Kira mutters.

Skylarrrrrr, Cole's voice fills my mind as I take a left behind a tree and run faster.

I block him out like I block Kira out of my mind.

Okay I was having sex but wait what? Carter asks in my mind, okay. Told Jason, well mindlinked him because I'm butt naked but what are you doing Skylar? He asks me again.

Getting Cole back. I reply to him and run fast as I see a few wolves waiting near the trees. Patrols.

I watch as they stare at me but I run past them. They howl and run after me.

Run faster and you'll see them. Kira says to me and I speed up a little, taking a second to glance behind me. The wolves are still there chasing after me but I ignore them as I look ahead and run faster.

I blink as I see Liam unconscious but tied to a tree and Cole tied to the one opposite him.

I run forward as Cole gasps at me.

"Holy fucking shit." Cole stares at me, his eyes wide as he covers his mouth with one hand. The other hand was tied above to a branch.

I quickly shift and he gasps louder. Cole is still drunk.

"Oh my god," He whispers in shock.

"What happened?" I ask as I quickly run towards him and lean up on my toes to untie the rope from the branch.

"I think I'm hallucinating," Cole whispers. "Liam wake up. I think there's something wrong with me," He tries to push his leg out to shake Liam.

I hear the wolves get closer just as I untie Cole from the branch. I kneel down next to him, my eyes scanning him for any injuries. None.

"What happened?" I ask just as the wolves shift behind trees and run towards us.

Mason is with them and so is Aiden.

"Untie Liam. Let's get them home. I think Liam is drunk too," I explain to them and they nod.

A man with blonde hair walks up to Liam and untied him.

"What happened here?" Mason asks and I shrug my shoulders listening to a river a few feet away.

"Help me take them to the river," I say to Mason and he nods quickly as he walks to Cole and unties him from the tree and pulls him up. Aiden runs to go and help Liam and another man comes up to help Cole. The others wait for an order.

"I need you all to take them to the river and throw them in. Wake Liam up first. They can't go back like this to the pack. He's an Alpha and he's a Beta,"I point towards them, "Cole is not going to set a good example if he's shouting my name to everyone at home," I sigh and they nod.

"Yes Luna," They say and walk away with them both. I lean against the tree and close my eyes.

Who did this to them? Why would they do this?

I place my hand against my chest and let out a deep breath. I felt tiny little droplets of water fall on me. Rain.

Its raining and it's dark. I slide down and sit on the ground and cover my face with my hands.

My heart was beating fast, as I tried to push the fear out of my mind. Fear of losing Cole. He is an Alpha and he can take care of himself but what if someone had come and killed him tonight? What if I hadn't come in time? How many things would I regret?

I let out a breath and run my hands over my hair pushing it back as I look up. They all walk towards me. Liam looks heartbroken. I frown as I quickly stand up and look at Cole. He's frowning as well as he walks towards me with the rest of the men behind them both.

"Sorry for-"

"Are you okay?" I ask Liam before he can apologise.

I glance at his red eyes. He's been crying. When? Why?

"I'm fine. Sorry for fucking things up and making you worried about Cole," He apologises.  

I shake my head as I walk towards him. I stand on my tiptoes and hug him tightly.

"You don't have to apologise," I whisper to him, "ever." I pull away from him as he nods and walks away from us all.

I knew what that look was. A broken heart. Mates rejection. Someone had rejected Liam. Liam of all people. The funny Liam. Rejected.

"We'll keep an eye on him, Alpha," Jason says and the men nod as they walk away leaving me alone with Cole.

I look up at Cole who stares at me.

"Tell me I didn't lose my mind and actually saw you shift from a tiger?" He asks confusion still lingering in his voice.

"I'm what you call a weretiger," I mumble quietly waiting for his reaction.

"I know what a weretiger is, baby, but I'm a little surprised that I have a mate who shifts into a tiger," He says.

"Let's go home and you can explain everything to me, okay? I've had too much to drink and I need a soft bed," He places his hand out towards me and I hold it tightly. Cole smiles and I smile back at him as he pulls me closer to him and we head back home.

**

The bathroom door opens and he walks out with a towel wrapped around his waist and winks at me.

I wanted to talk to him privately and the only place that was private was his room. So we ended up upstairs in his room but he wanted to have a shower first and be able to think with a clear mind before he talked to me.

"Let me get dressed," He said and I nodded as he opened his wardrobe doors. His room was huge but very empty. While he had a shower, I had a look around. I was sitting on the big bed that was placed in the middle of the room. There was a door leading to the bathroom and a door leading to an empty walk in closet. The wardrobe he was using right now and a desk in the corner of the room.

I look up as I hear the towel drop. My eyes widen as I see him butt naked. I watch as he pulls on some grey bottoms and stretches his arms, making his muscles flex.

Hmm, Kira purrs in my mind and I want to mimic that noise out loud. Cole pulls on a shirt and turns to look at me with a smirk on his face.

He knew what he was doing.

I roll my eyes at him as he walks towards the bed and sits opposite me.

"Shoot me for trying to lighten the mood," He says chuckling as he takes in my glare.

When I look at him now, all I want to do is kiss him. And stuff.

Not talk about myself.

I sigh and ignore his smirking face.

"I'm a weretiger," I say to him. I have no idea how I should start the conversation off. Your mate is a weretiger and she's going to try and save the world with Carter and Bethany maybe but I don't want her to get involved so it's  just going to be Carter and I. Which will be funny because I forgot to mention that I have powers too? The water element and the fire element. Don't worry, I can control it but yeah. Your mate is powerful and a little crazy. Still want me?

"Of course I still want you," Cole chuckles at me and I look at him confused. I never said that out loud.

"Your mindlink to me was open, baby. I know what you've been thinking all this time," He says as his eyes glaze over to black and then back to dark brown. He grabs a hold of my hand and pulls me closer to him.

"I don't give a shit what you are. If you're human, or if you're the saviour of this world. I want to know everything because I will still love you the way you are," He leans closer to my lips, "and you know what? If Bethany is like you too then fuck I have a powerful family. I don't care about anything other than you," He kisses me.

I lean down and kiss him back as he lays down on his back. I straddle his body and let him kiss me the way I want. Hard and gentle at the same time. I feel his tongue dance with mine and he growls lowly as he leans up and spins us around. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me as his hands run over my body.

"Do you want to stop?" Cole asks against my lips as his hands trail over my hips.

"No," I breathe out as his lips find my mark.

"Good," He mutters against my neck.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Question- when's your birthday? (A very obvious question I should have asked in the beginning but like I said, I suck at this)

Confession- I tried so hard to keep this book PG 13. It was definitely hard but the alpha series are PG 13 only

[Basically what's happening now]

^ this means at the top. Scroll up at the gif (;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

629K 16.6K 43
Bailey Scotts just wanted to find love again. When tragedy strikes her family, they move to a small town to live with her grandparents. While there...
165K 4.9K 24
beta jason is a very ruthless beta. of course not as ruthless as his alpha (alpha kane) but he is very feared around the world. his best friends alp...
503K 18K 53
There are 12 werewolf packs in the United States: six of them are called peaceful and the other six are called bloodthirsty. In the six bloodthirsty...
554K 17.1K 31
In a world of the supernatural, there lived many species who once existed together in harmony. As time progressed, so did the tension between the spe...