Chasing Wild Hearts [1]

By glitter_xox

[Previously known as Chase Me Alpha. The Alpha series can be found on Inkitt] Keeping a secret that could cha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Epilogue
Sequel?
Original versions available on Inkitt

Chapter Twelve

183K 5.6K 1.8K
By glitter_xox

Sighing I walk down the stairs, a little tired. Shifting yesterday drained my energy.

Cole didn't let me out of his sight last night. He wanted to be in the same room as me but I said no. I wasn't going to move that quickly.

Waking up was hard but I managed to get out of the soft warm bed.

I walk inside the kitchen knowing it's time to make breakfast since I didn't see any of the girls in bed.

"Skylar!" I hear Scarlet's voice before I'm pulled into a hug.

"Hey," I say, laughing at her a little as she lets me go.

"I was going to see you yesterday but nobody was allowed in the pack house except some of them. So I couldn't see you and I didn't know how you were," She explains as Hannah laughs at her too.

"I'm alright Scar. Honestly I'm okay. I bought someone with me too, Carter but I'm not really sure where he got to last night," I say mumbling off the ending since I was wrapped up in Cole's arms for a while.

"The new guy? Alpha gave him a room so he's probably sleep-" Hannah quietens down as Scarlet freezes in her space.

Her eyes glaze over like she's in another world.

"Scarlet?" I call out to her but she turns her head towards the door as it opens and Carter walks in.

They stare at each other. Carter smirks a little, as he looks her up and down as she blushes.

"Hello there, gorgeous," Carter grins at her.

"Mine." Scar growls lowly and Carter chuckles.

"All yours, baby, all yours," He winks at her.

". . . I will see myself out," I say and walk out of the back door.

It leads to the garden. Maybe I could go see Bethany. I start walking forward when I hear Carter call my name out. I stop and turn around to see him walking towards me.

He stops in front of me and looks around us. There are people running in their wolves forms and little kids playing.

I've got to talk to you about something, Carter mindlinks me and I nod.

Follow me, I reply back and walk around the corner of the house. It leads to the trail that I would have used to go and see Bethany.

I turn around and look at him.

Yes?

My main reason of finding you was so we could find the last person. They have the air element. I was hoping, a lot, that maybe they were with you. I have to go look for them, but Scarlet.. he sighs and leans against a tree.

How do we find out who has the air element? I ask him.

The connection. If you concentrate on me, you can feel it, can't you? It'll be buzzing in your mind and you could see the light around me, if you were in your tiger form, he explains and I nod slowly.

The connection. I did see a green light around him yesterday.

I turn back to look at Carter a little confused.

"How old do you have to be to get it?" I ask him.

Carter shrugs, "It's whenever the it is passed down to you. At any age," he says, "Why?" he asks looking at me.

"I met a little girl here. Her name is Bethany, and as soon as I saw her, all I wanted to do was just protect her-"

"Yes! The way I saved your ass. I wanted to protect you that's why," Carter exclaims happily.

"Saved my ass? I saved myself," I laugh as he pouts.

"You've got to give me some credit. My trick was amazing," He crosses his arms and rolls his eyes.

"Surprising more like it," I say and he smirks nodding to himself.

"Carry on," He waves his hand to me and I roll my eyes.

"What if Bethany has it? What if she's the one you've been looking for? She's three years old though," I explain to him and Carter nods to himself.

"If I see her maybe then we can see where that leads too. If I feel a connection with her, then it's her," Carter says and I nod quietly.

"Let's fight. I want to see how much you know," Carter says grinning at me.

"I'm not fighting you," I reply back shaking my head at him.

"Why do you want to fight her?" I hear Cole's voice behind me. I turn around to see him walking towards us.

"Nothing, I should go check on my mate. See how fast she could love me," Carter says and winks at me as he walks away humming to himself.

"I don't know how much I like that guy," Cole mutters as he steps closer to me.

"He's my friend," I say and Cole nods.

"He better be your friend only," He grumbles under his breath as he steps closer. He holds my hand and looks down at me.

"Can I take you out on a date?" He asks me quietly and I smile.

"The big bad Alpha wants to take me out on a date?" I tease him and he chuckles.

"I want to know all your secrets," He winks and I laugh nervously a little.

I take a step back and he frowns.

"Let me freshen up quickly. I'll see you in 10 minutes." I tell him and he nods. He tightens his hold on my hand and pulls me towards him.

"I want a kiss before you leave," He glances at my lips and then back up at me. He smirks as he moves his hand behind my back, drawing small patterns on my lower back.

I lean up and place a kiss on his cheek and then push him away from me.

"Skylar!" he calls out at me as I run away from him.

"Skylar! That was unfair!" He groans chasing me back to the Pack House.

"Alpha?"

"The Alpha is smiling,"

"Is that the Alpha?"

Cole hears the questions around him and he slows his running to a steady pace. He coughs a little, and nods at the men walking around him who lower their head.

He looks up at me and I grin as he glares.

Ten minutes later, I walk outside to see Cole waiting for me near the front door.

"Hi," I say as he looks at me. I decided to wear a dress. Hannah made me wear it when I walked into the room. She asked where I was going and I said on a date. She nearly screamed her head off and told me to wear the blue flowery dress I had bought. I paired it up with some blue heels and a black jacket. I should have applied blue lipstick too. Maybe he would kiss me then.

"You look like. . . the sky," Cole mutters as he stares at me again.

"Was that supposed to be a compliment?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Baby, I think you look stunning in anything," He winks and I blush and roll my eyes.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he holds my hand and we walk together. I mostly just follow him.

"I'm hungry so I want to eat..," he grins at me, "but since my favourite food is off the table, maybe we could have a picnic. I wanted to take you somewhere far away from everyone," He explains and I smile.

"Want to keep me to yourself?" I ask and he nods, tightening his hold on me as I carry on following him.

"Always. I'm not letting you go now," He says and I smile again.

We carry on walking silently, letting the people around us disappear with every step we take further into the forest.

"Isn't this where you're supposed to ask if I'm going to kill you?" Cole asks me as he walks over a broken tree log on the ground.

"If the thought of killing me crosses your mind, let me give you a little tip," I say to him. Cole raises his eyebrows and waits for him, "I will kick your ass so hard, you will be surprised," I say making him chuckle loudly.

"Of course you will. I can't wait for you to kick my ass one day," He laughs at me and I roll my eyes as he pulls me closer.

Touch his ass, don't kick it, Kira grumbles in my mind.

I stay silent as we appear near a small hill. Carefully we climb on top of the hill and I smile as I see a blanket placed on top of the green grass with a small basket on top.

He pulls me closer to the blanket and I sit down on the floor, tired of walking so much. He sits opposite me and opens the basket.

"I bought some pasta, chicken sandwiches. I also bought cake, it's my favourite thing to eat," Cole says and I smile.

"I want to get to know you, Cole. All I've ever heard is that you're ruthless, that you're dangerous, but I'm not seeing that. I want to get to know you," I say to him and he nods as he pulls out containers full of food.

"What do you want to know?" he asks and I shrug my shoulders as the sun shines down on us.

"I don't know. Tell me anything,"

"I cooked all the food?" he says and I grin looking up at him.

"You can cook?"

"I may be an Alpha, Skylar, but I'm a man that likes to learn new things. Hannah's mum had taught me everything when I was 17. I can't for the life of me make breakfast," He explains as I pick up a chicken sandwich and take a bite.

"I'm also scared of clowns," He admits, making me choke on the sandwich.

He frowns at me as I open a bottle and gulp down the water.

"You.." I cough, "are scared of clowns?" I bite my lip so I won't laugh at him.

"Yes," he grumbles under his breath and I burst out laughing.

He rolls his eyes, frowning at me.

"What's your favourite animal?" Cole blurts out the question as I continue to laugh.

"Stop laughing," he glares at me playfully and I smile up at him.

"Maybe I should let everyone know. The big bad Alpha is scared of clowns," I say and he chuckles.

"You do that, and I would throw you over my shoulder and show you exactly how bad I can be," Cole smirks at me.

"Tiger. My favourite animal is a tiger," I blurt out and he nods, a smirk still plastered on his face.

"I would have thought its a wolf," Cole mutters and I shake my head.

"I like tigers. There's something about them that fascinates me," I reply back making him smile and nod.

"I have a few books on different type of weretigers, if you'd like to read that?" Cole offers.

"I would love too," I smile.

He is so perfect, Kira purrs in my mind.

Even if he's scared of clowns, I reply back and pick up the sandwich again, He is still perfect.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Question- What is the stupidest thing you've done because someone dared you to?

[Carter^]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

533 92 13
Autumn- I am not wolfless but my silver wolf needs my mate to unlock its potential. I'd been mateless for years until the fight that suddenly erupted...
27.4K 461 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...
140K 4.3K 29
Highest ranking: #532 in werewolf #3 in traitor He wanted a submissive Luna She was the opposite She wanted a kind Alpha He was the opposi...
1.8M 57K 33
"You are mine. I am yours. We are one." **** Running away on your wedding day is inevitable, especially when the Alp...