Chasing Wild Hearts [1]

By glitter_xox

[Previously known as Chase Me Alpha. The Alpha series can be found on Inkitt] Keeping a secret that could cha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Epilogue
Sequel?
Original versions available on Inkitt

Chapter Eleven

178K 5.6K 819
By glitter_xox

Cole’s pov.  

“Where is she?!” I growl loudly to everyone.  

She's not here. She's not here. Fuck.  

“We're on it Alpha,” Zach says as he runs out of the office.  He's my top tracker.

I walked on the stage and looked for her but I couldn't find her. She wouldn't run away from me. She knows I'd chase her to the end of the world.

Looking through the window as Liam and the rest of the pack leaves the office, I see someone running through the forest.

Ashley.

I walk out of my office and ignore everyone staring at me and head straight for Ashley. Who's coming straight at me.

“Rogues,” she pants out and I let out a growl.

“What?” I growl out and she nods.

“I was talking to Skylar about...something when I walked off. Then I remembered I had to tell her something else as well when I saw her being taken by rogues. She wasn't fighting back. So I ran to quickly get you,” She explains.

“HOW THE FUCK DID ROGUES GET ONTO MY LAND?!” I shout loudly and everyone lowers their head to me.

“Fuck this,” I mumble and head straight to forest myself. A few of my pack members follow behind me but I ignore them.

Skylar is like a closed book. Everything about her is closed off. I can't feel her emotions, I can't hear her thoughts. I can't mindlink her. I can't do anything other than pick up her human scent. She can't hide that from me.

I'm coming for you Skylar.  

**

Skylar’s pov

**

“What's wrong with her? Shit,” One of the guys ask, stepping back.

They look at me confused, as I place my hands out, not caring who's watching me.

I'm free.

I close my eyes,  and deep from within I pull it out. All of my magic. All of my powers.

I open my eyes.

The water around the room, I can see it swirling as my eyes shine brightly. I look at the guys, and lift my hands up, and twist it, like I'm twisting a piece of cloth. The men in front of me scream for help as they choke on the water inside of their bodies. I turn my hands up and twist them again and then I drop them. The men follow my action and fall to the floor. I stand up ripping the ropes off my body.

“My name is Skylar Chance, and next time remember that when you want to kidnap me,” I smile at them sweetly.

“Who are you?” I hear someone say behind me and I turn around as the guy that ran out of the room stands next to the door.

“Skylar. A girl that can't shift,” I pout walking towards him. He steps back, as we step outside onto the grass.

I have no idea where I am, but the adrenaline inside of me speeds up.

“I'll give you a head start since I'm a little rough around the edges,” I smile at him and he runs, not looking back.

I turn around and look at the big shed that I was placed in. I walk towards it and place my hand on the wood walls.

Closing my eyes, I think about fire. I let it swirl around my hands and light up the shed.

I step back to see the shed on fire, flames burning higher and higher.

I turn around to where the other guy ran.

Time to destroy the evidence.

Kira? Want to do the honours? I ask her and she nods, excitedly.

I sit back and let her take the control. It's been years since I've shifted so it hurts like a bitch. My bones crack against each other as if it's my first time shifting. I bite my lip as I feel all of them cracking but I shift into my beautiful white tiger.

I shake out my fur, and pounce on my paws a little, smelling the grass.  

Free.  It feels so good.  

I run. I run as fast as I can, not looking back, enjoying the wind flowing through my fur. I run faster, my paws hitting the ground harder.

I see the guy in front of me as I come down to slow stop.

He turns around and I tilt my big head to the side a little.

He should have shifted into his wolf. He would have ran faster.

“Please,” He shouts as I step closer to him.

I lower the front of my body, getting ready to pounce on him, when he's lifted into the sky. By grass.

What?

“You're not going to kill him,” I hear a voice behind me and I turn around, ready for any attack.

I see a guy standing in front of me. No older than 20 probably.  His hands are lifted and then he drops them. I hear a scream from somewhere in the forest.

“I killed him for you,” he grins at me.

I slowly and carefully shift back into my human body. The one extra thing I was grateful for, was that when I shifted the first time, I shifted back with my clothes still on. I look down at myself to see my clothes are still intact.

“Who are you?” I ask him though I have a feeling I already know.

I look around the forest, everything seems brighter and more clear. I feel better since I've shifted. The burden is gone.

“Carter. My name is Carter,” he says and I nod slowly, still a little confused.

He's seen me as my tiger. It's either kill him or well just kill him.

“I know that look. You're not going to kill me. I'm like you. I know all about you,” He tries to explain, putting his hands up slowly.

“You're like me? You're a tiger?” I ask a little hopeful. Maybe I'm not alone.

“Well not the tiger part. Hundred percent wolf here, but I'm like you. I have powers too,” He says, placing his hand down on a flower, and I watch with fascination as the flower grows.

He removes his hand and looks at me.

“I don't understand anything,” I say looking at him confused.  

I thought I was the only one. The one that was different.  

“I can explain,” He smiles and sits down next to a tree. He points opposite him and I sit down too, alert.

" I've been looking for you everywhere," He grins at me.

“I was young when my parents died. I remember waking up one morning and just being so scared because there was this huge tree outside my house. I remember opening my window and touching the tree, that's how close it was-” he laughs a little, “And then the tree grew. The branches grew, the leaves were more brighter. I was only 10 years old when it happened. I didn't know anything,” He sighs, playing with the grass, and stays quiet for a bit.

“I shifted when I was 13, and the powers grew inside me. It wanted to be stronger and I didn't know how to control it. My Alpha was nice enough to help me. He would always take an hour away from the pack house and we would go to the forest, somewhere far away. He said he knew about my parents having this power. My mom really-” He smiles and continues, “He showed me this book. It said everything about us and I was so intrigued by it that I would reread it every time,” he explains and I look at him confused.

“Book?” I ask and he nods, looking at me.

“There was a book. It's burnt now- it was burnt with my pack house. It was my parents book. It had little messages written in it from your family. My parents had found the book. It was their job to find you then. To find your family but then they heard that your parents died. It was only you left.” he says and I nod slowly.

There's so much to process.

“Your parents had powers. Powers that could destroy the world if put together. You have that now. It travels down, generation by generation. Your parents had it, and when they died, you got the powers. You do know how to control it right?” He asks and I nod, lost in my own thoughts.

When I shifted, I was burning up. There was this cool sensation inside of me but it felt like I was burning as well. It was weird. I remember shifting back from a tiger to a human, and leaving burn marks on the grass.  I was so scared of everything. I didn't know anything at all or why this was happening to me. I saw my parents having this power but being able to control it.

I remember my dad swirling the lake water around me but I didn't know how he did it.

Kira. If it wasn't for Kira I would have burnt everything. I would have burnt myself as well. Kira taught me everything. She taught me how to control the fire inside me. I could control the water but the fire part of me? That was the hardest. There was this raging fire inside of me that wanted to be let out. I couldn't let it out.

“Why?-” he looks at me confused when I ask him, “I mean why is this happening? Why were your parents looking for me?” I ask clearly.

“That's the thing. I don't know a lot because I've only read it, and well seen it. It's been a year since I've been looking for you-” he grins as my eyes widen “I've been through so many packs to find you but I couldn't. The one thing that left me confused was that every pack was losing members. First it started with the packs on the west side. They would losing women and children. Never men though. It was so weird and nobody knows why because they'd turn back up and act like they lost their minds. They'd turn into rogues then and just disappear. It's moving up to North,” He says and I furrow my eyebrows, listening intensely.

“The book was like a prophecy. It explained things that needed to happen. As stupid as it sounds, there's this evil in the world that we need to destroy,” He shrugs and I roll my eyes at him.

“There's evil everywhere,” I say and he nods.

“Exactly. I think all we've got to do is to stop people disappearing. That's what the evil is I guess. I really wish I had a photographic memory,” he groans, leaning back on the tree.

“How did you find me?” I ask him and he looks at me.

“It was easy. I knew I was close by and when you started using your powers, it was like a beacon for me to find you. Plus the burning shed helped,” he says and I laugh a little.

“This is just too much to take in on one day,” I sigh and he nods, standing up.

“Well come on then. Let's get back to your pack so we can tell them that you're the savior of the world,” he says pretending to be excited.

I stand up with him and nod.

First time for everything right?

I close my eyes and think about opening a mindlink with Carter.

“You've never done this before, have you?” he asks, and I open my eyes to see him looking at me strangely.

I blush a little, embarrassed and mutter a no.

“It's easy. You don't have to close your eyes for it. Just say Carter three times in your mind, and spin around as we-”

“I'm not that stupid,” I deadpan as he laughs.

“Sorry sorry. Seriously though, you don't need to close your eyes. Just act normal and think about talking to me in my mind. It's like sending someone an invitation. So you have their address, you send the invitation, and then you wait to see if they accept. Easy right?  So just find me in your mind and go for it,” He explains and I nod, paying attention.

I still close my eyes. I concentrate on finding the link with Carter and I move closer to it in my mind. I pull on it slightly and it's like a door that opens wide for me.

Hey there, gorgeous, I hear Carter say in my mind and I smile.

“I did it!” I exclaim and he high fives me, chuckling.

“Let's head back,” I say and he nods.

We walk silently but mind linking about random stuff. I'm learning and I feel happy.

Just about an hour ago I was escaping from rogues and now I'm learning how to mindlink.  

Don't tell anyone that I'm a tiger. I tell him and he looks at me confused.  

They don't know? He asks and I shake my head.

Why not? What about your mate? He asks as he remembers I told him I have mate.

I want to tell him, it's just I don't know how he'll take it, I say and he shrugs.

Do you trust him? He asks and I sigh.

I do trust Cole. I'm just scared he'll leave me because I'm not like him and his pack. It's a stupid reason but I'm just scared he won't want me.

I don't bother replying to Carter because I can hear running.

Carter moves a little, standing in a loose fighting stance.  He's ready for anything.

I smell him before he shows up.

A smile comes on my face but then a frown when I hear huge wolves running through the forest.

A black wolf looks at me and runs around a tree.

Cole. He appears behind the tree, wearing shorts, his body-delicious body- on show.

“Skylar,” he lets out a sigh of relief as I run towards him. He hugs me tightly. I wrap my arms around his neck, as he places a soft kiss on my mark.

“You're not leaving my sight,” he mutters on my shoulder and I smile.

“Of course I will,” I reply back and he lets out a low growl.

“What happened?” I hear Liam’s voice. Cole let's go of me and looks down at me, a little confused.

“How did you get out? Ashley said rogues took you. Five of th-”

“I helped her,” Carter interferes quickly.

Everyone moves their gaze to him. He waves a little.

“And you are?” Cole asks confused.

“Carter. I was stuck there too. So I helped her out,” He tries to explain.

That doesn't make sense, I mindlink him.

You come up with something better, genius, he says, his eyes running over all the guys, sizing them up a little.

“Let's go home,” I say  and Cole nods, holding my hand tightly.

Home I smile.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Question- If you could be part of any movie/ tv series, which one would you be a part of?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
1M 42.5K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
1.2M 33.3K 25
When your mate is an Alpha and you're the rogue that causes all the trouble, you can't exactly go up to him and say "How's it going big guy! Even tho...
1.9K 96 30
Tyler Price only loves two things his little sister Skylar and pack. As Alpha of Silver Moon Pack, at the age of 19. Him and his wolf Alex couldn't c...