Chasing Wild Hearts [1]

By glitter_xox

[Previously known as Chase Me Alpha. The Alpha series can be found on Inkitt] Keeping a secret that could cha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Epilogue
Sequel?
Original versions available on Inkitt

Chapter Nine

187K 6.4K 1.6K
By glitter_xox

Cole's pov.

I want her. I want her in my arms, I want her in my life.

Stop being scared then asshole, Alex growls in my mind.

Scared? If there's one thing I'm scared of anything in this world is losing my mate. And losing her the same way my dad lost his mate. My mom.

My mom was an Omega of this pack too, and when dad met her, they were in love. It was all happy lovey dovey shit until the bad things started. Hunters everywhere, rogues helping them. We were under attack one day when my mom died with a silver bullet too. She couldn't protect herself since she was pregnant, her wolf didn't want to shift. It was only looking after the baby. Dad couldn't protect her because he was busy saving the pack.

It's either pack or family and he chose pack. So of course I'm scared. I'm scared of putting her in danger and not being able to protect her.

Love you bro, Alex says and I roll my eyes at him.

I want Skylar now. I don't give a fuck about not being able to protect her. I'll put her in training. I'll teach her myself but I want her with me.

I want everyone in the world to know I have found my mate. That Alpha Damien has finally found his mate. I want everyone to know that I'm not a cold hearted person, and that I can fall in love with someone too.

Liam, send Skylar to my office, I mindlink him.

Sure bro, he replies quickly.

I spray some air freshener quickly hoping that the room smells better.

I smell her wonderful scent as she knocks on the door. She steps in and closes it.  She doesn't have the cute little Bethany with her anymore.

“What?” she asks.

You better not mess this up or I will kill you in your sleep, Alex mutters in my mind.

I try not to laugh but a smile finds a place on my face.  

“Sit down,” I tell her hoping to sound gentle. Not commanding.

She sits down on the sofa, and I pull my office chair closer to her, sitting in front of her.

“I'm sorry,” I say, waiting for a reaction. She just stares at me.

“For?” she asks

Is she really going to make me say it?

“For everything. For not accepting you when I should be grateful for a mate like you. You're beautiful and I really want to get to know you better. So I'm sorry for acting like a dick,” I explain, running a hand through my hair.

It's a stress reliever.  

“Okay,” she says and I look at her a little confused.  

Okay? Okay I'm still mad, or okay I want to kiss you now okay?

“You didn't give me a good reason on why you didn't want me. You implied I was weak without even knowing me. What if I was able to kick your ass? But just because I have the title of an Omega, I'm automatically weak,” She scoffs, crossing her arms, and leaning back on the sofa.

Kick my ass?

Let her touch it. Alex growls and I ignore him.

“I have a reason. I don't think you're weak. I think you're amazing. I just don't want to be scared of losing you,” I mumble finally saying the words I was dreading out loud.

“Of losing me?” she asks confused.

“My dad couldn't protect my mom. She was an Omega too. I don't want to not be able to protect you,” I try to explain and her gaze softens a little.

She moves closer to me, her knees touching mine. Sparks fly.

“You don't have to protect me, Cole. I can protect myself, trust me. I just want to be able to trust you but you have to trust me for that too,”  she places a hand on mine.

“I trust you,” I say.

“Do you really? Do you trust me because I'm your mate and you feel this connection between us, or do you trust me because I'm me?” she asks.

What? I think her question through.

I do trust her. No mate bond needed, I trust her. Why do I trust her? Because I do. I trust everyone in my pack and she's my pack member too.

“I trust you,” I repeat again and she smiles.

“Do you trust me?” I ask her.

She thinks it through. Fuck.

“A little. I'm not an easy person to get to know. I'm not going to be all sunshine and roses every time-” I cut her off by wrapping my fingers on her wrists and pulling her up and towards my lap. She sits down, a small blush crawling up her face.

“I just want you to be you,” I tell her and she nods.

“There's something I need to tell you,” she says and she stands up. I look at her confused and nod quickly.

She starts pacing. I'm in some deep shit.

“I don't get why there's another pack house? For lesser wolves? Wolves that can't shift? How come I wasn't in there? Why is that even there? Some people don't shift because they just can't. That doesn't mean separating them from the rest of the pack-” she throws her arms up and sighs, when she looks at me again,”I just don't understand why you would do that. It's not fair,” She mumbles off, a little angry.  

She looks hot when she's angry.  I think to myself

Smoking hot, Alex growls in my mind, and I finally block him and his horny thoughts out.

“Explain to me,” she asks standing in front of me.

I do. I explain everything.

“That pack house was supposed to be a new safe house I was working on to make it big enough for all of my pack when I was approached by a few pack members. They told me how they wanted a different place. Somewhere they can live without seeing people shift, because they couldn't shift. So I did it. I gave them a new pack house, I made more houses for them, I made a playground for the kids they had. It's their choice, Skylar-” I hold her hands and pull her back to my lap, “I don't force them to live there. It's why we didn't send you there. It's your own choice. If you want to live separately than the rest of the pack, that's fine. I'm their Alpha and I will give them what they want. They wanted their own place, and I gave them it. I was go-” I get cut off with her leaning down and placing her lips on mine.

Oh fuck. Oh Jesus Christ.

She moves her body around so she's straddling me on the chair, as her lips move along with mine. Dominant.  She's kissing me with everything she got and I'm giving it twice as back.

My hand travels up her neck, and fists into her hair, pulling her closer to me. I couldn't get enough of her. I had to stop.

Pulling away from her a little, I leaned my head on her chest. Bad move.

I moved my head back and leaned on the chair.

“I have to ask something,” I say, letting a sigh out.

“Yeah?” she leans down. Her eyes glowing blue slightly. I blink and it's gone.

I probably imagined it.

“I want to introduce you to the whole pack as their Luna. As my mate. Is that okay?” I ask, twirling a piece of her hair around my finger.

“Yeah. Whatever,” She mumbles and leans down to kiss me again.

“I don't know what's come over you but I'm loving it,” I mumble against her lips.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Question- favourite song?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.5K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
1.8M 57K 33
"You are mine. I am yours. We are one." **** Running away on your wedding day is inevitable, especially when the Alp...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
1.2M 33.3K 25
When your mate is an Alpha and you're the rogue that causes all the trouble, you can't exactly go up to him and say "How's it going big guy! Even tho...