Fallen for Romeo #wattys2016

By SherlySusan

Kara Singleton, the stunning, hard like iron, smart and most successful woman in pharmaceuticals industry has... More

Chapter 1 - The Pretty Thief
Chapter 2 - Doomed?
Chapter 3 - Exursion
Chapter 4 - Way Out?
Chapter 5 - Meeting
Chapter 6 - The Witch Repellent
Chapter 7 - Lonely?
Chapter 8 - Grandpa
Chapter 9 - Date
Chapter 10 - Drunk
Chapter 12 - Absolute Mess
Chapter 13 - The Dance
Chapter 14 -The Proposal
Chapter 15 -Grandpa Angelopoulos
Chapter 16 - First Night
Chapter 17 - Bed Time
Chapter 18 - Pancakes
Chapter 19 - Still about Pancakes
Chapter 20 - Fish or Pizza
Chapter 21 - Witch and the Kids
Chapter 22 - His Wife
Chapter 23 - The Perfect Wife
Chapter 24 - Who is that Blonde?
Chapter 25 - The Hot Chick is Crazy
Chapter 26 - His Stash of Condoms
Chapter 27 - Those Poles
Chapter 28 - She doesn't have time for a Bimbo
Chapter 29 -Dinner Invitation
Chapter 30 - Revelation
Chapter 31 - His Freedom
Chapter 32 - His Sacrifice
Chapter 33 - She must have a Broken Heart
Chapter 34 - Please Stay
Author Notes
Chapter 35 - Brief Encounter
Chapter 36 - His Broken Heart
Chapter 37 - The Hospital
Chapter 38 - Welcome Back
Chapter 39 - Back Together?
Chapter 40 - Home
Chapter 41 - Banana Pancake
Chapter 42 - Joseph's Visit
Chapter 43 - Let's go On A Date
Chapter 44 -The Blonde is Back
Chapter 45 -Liar
Chapter 46 - The Car
Chapter 47 - A Dozen of Roses
Chapter 48 - A New Start
Chapter 49 - Home Alone
Chapter 50 - The Clown
Chapter 51 - The Other Problem
Chapter 52 - I Forgive You
Chapter 53 - The Old Singleton
Chapter 54 - It's Always Her
Chapter 55 - Caleb Singleton
Chapter 56 - kidnapped
Chapter 57 - It's Over
Chapter 58 - I Love You
Epilogue
Author Notes
His Brother (short story)
The Vow (short story)

Chapter 11 - That Kiss

8.7K 309 3
By SherlySusan

Beep, "Stefan is here to see you." Came Damien voice from the intercom.

Kara froze.

She didn't want to see him!

She didn't have the nerve to see his face again even she knew he would come to visit her today. It must be about last night, her and her stupid decision to get wasted.

But she had no choice, she couldn't run forever....

She checked herself in the mirror, making sure that she looked alright and quickly shoved the mirror back into her drawer.

Nothing she could do about her face today. The puffy eyes, the pale face, the messy outfit. She blamed the alcohol that made her woke up late this morning and had to rush for her eight thirty meeting. As the C.E.O she couldn't afford skipping her work day of the company could suffer million dollars lost.

Thanked god that the meeting went easy and her hangover head still functioning well. Her client signed the deal without too much negotiating.

"Good morning." Stefan walked in with a big grin plastered on his face. a large take away coffee on one hand and a bottle of water on the other and he placed the water on Kara's desk.

"Morning." Kara replied flatly. Her eyes were glued to her monitor pretending to read her email while she was actually trying not to look nervous in front of him.

She couldn't believe that she cried in his arms last night.

Kara Singleton was as strong as a rock and so far nothing could bring her down to her knee. No one had ever seen her crying not till last night and she cried in front of her enemy!

Not only that but she also kissed him....

Ugh.... She messaged her temples.

"Hang over?" he asked, oblivious by how hard Kara had tried to ignore him. He sat on the chair in front of her desk and sipped his coffee.

Firstly, he would never ever step his foot in her building, except for that time when he was furious about Kara stealing his research. Secondly, he wouldn't be beaming this bright seeing Kara.

So his visit must be about something really important.....

"Sort off. Why didn't you get me coffee?" she protested, staring at his drink enviously.

"Your hangover is because you are dehydrated. Water is the best medicine, drink it!" he lectured her.

She groaned but did what he said. "What happened last night? I can't remember anything."she lied, that was the best move she could think of. Lost her memory about last night!

Stefan chuckled, believing what she was saying. Judging on how much she drunk last night that memory could easily escape her mind. He was slightly disappointed though especially when she couldn't remember that kiss, "nothing happen. You were drunk and I drove you home." He answered casually.

"What else?" still didn't want to look into his eyes as she continued her question.

"Nothing. You showed me your future husbands' list, you bought me drink and we went home."

"Did I say something stupid?" she was testing him. If he lied she would know.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, you tell me?" this time she stared into his hazel eyes. She had to face it, sooner rather than later. If he had to embarrass her, let it be now.

He leaned backward, taking his time, his lips were still smiling and his eyes twinkled.

That lips. She kissed that lips last night. She remembered everything she had done to him, including touching his chest shamelessly and told him how hot he was. But mostly she remembered how well he kissed her and to be honest she wanted more.

"No..... nothing unusual.... You tried to summon your broom but the spell didn't work, that was why I drove you home..." He chuckled.

"Stefan!"

"I told you the truth.... Why do you think something had happened last night? Do you remember anything?"

"No... nothing...." She looked down and her cheeks blushed slightly. "Thank you for taking care of me though..." she said. Secretly she was in awe of how gentlemanly he was toward her. Last night and now, he didn't try to sound smug or embarrass her. He was in fact left her dignity intact and chose to keep his mouth shut instead. She was impressed by how well he had covered things up from her.

"You are welcome."he nodded.

"So, why are you here?" her face changed, from being shy to business look.

"Nothing.... I just want to see how you're doing."

"Ah...." She nodded. "I am fine, thank you."

"Good... good to know.... " He smiled again, back on sipping his coffee, trying to distract himself from going around the desk, pushed her down on it and kissed her senselessly.

He couldn't forget about last night. Of course he couldn't. Her warm body pressed against his and her soft lips crushed his passionately, the way her hands rubbed the back of his neck and the sound of her moaning.... Stefan was in a dream land and he just wanted to go back there as soon as he could.

Gosh, what was wrong with him? He looked blank for second there. Kara thought.

She wished she could read his mind and get over with. He looked suspicious, but she couldn't point her finger at anything.

She was anticipating that he would ask about the research but he didn't.

Kara knew that Stefan saw the paperwork on her bedside last night. Why he didn't take it back with him was beyond her understanding.

Kara tilted her head to the side, staring sharply into his eyes. She wanted so much to ask him his reason for not taking back what was his but she couldn't.

"You know, if you ever want to talk, I am only a phone call away." He opened his mouth, trying to get her to open up about her problem but she denied.

"Talk? Talk about what?" Kara frowned.

"Anything..." Stefan shrugged, didn't want to press the matter further. He knew this one stubborn woman couldn't be pushed too hard or she would put the wall up and he wouldn't be able to have conversations with her any longer.

He would try different way to make her talk, after all he promised that he would treat her better and from what she told him last night he wanted to help her carry her burden. She wasn't as evil as he imagined. Last night admission was an eye opening for him. He felt sorry for her instead.

She had no friends and no family that she could trust.

He had his grandpa, his parents, his brother and his sister. He had many friends that would come over and help as soon as he called them.

What about Kara? She was alone, even her grandpa didn't support and love her. Stefan found it sad and depressing.

He wanted to help her or at least be there for her when she needed someone to talk to.

Well, if he could stand the bitch side of her....

"I tell you what?" She stood up and walked toward her filling cabinet, opening a drawer and pulled out a thick folder before walking back to lean on her desk, right in front of him. "I know I am a witch and I am nasty and evil and selfish and all those sort of names that you had been calling me with for the last six months, but I know when I owe someone. I'll give you a new project to do. This is promising. My people in Singapore gave me the proposal last week and I already checked the profit margin. I want you to take it." She gave him the folder.

As much as he wanted to jump up and down in joy but Stefan placed the folder on his laps without opening it, "if you want to thank me, why don't you just return my research?" he asked.

Kara sighed. "Now... now... Stefan, don't push it." she shook her head. "Take that project Stefan. It's big. I want AngeloGen to have more profit than mine. After all it's my company too, isn't it?"

"Fine." He groaned, totally understood the meaning behind her words.

It looked like she showed him her gratitude but after all it was just one selfish move for her own benefit, not his.

Why didn't he know about it? Stefan Slapped himself mentally. The decision to leave the research also stupid, he just realized that.

He knew the research was originally his and taking it back couldn't be call stealing but he didn't want to take advantage of a drunken woman, it was just not his style and after he saw the good in Kara, he wanted to talk her out, made her return the research voluntarily instead of stealing it but seemed that it wouldn't work.

This woman!

Stefan held himself for not lashing at her about last night. Embarrass her about her cry and how disgraceful she was toward him. How hungry her kiss and touches. Those were a blackmail material and he was tempted to use it. In fact he still had Tim following her every move and Stefan was sure Tim had the photos to be presented to him in the next few days.

Would he put himself that low, blackmailing a girl? That was the question.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 855 59
#1 in Adultromance🀭 "She's messing up with my brains again!" Stefano shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath trying to fight off the feeling he...
1.6M 50.8K 43
Isla King grew up wealthy, but not as wealthy as Billionaire playboy Arturo Calendri. The family company was being taken over by Arturo's greedy fath...
4.3M 173K 54
⭐️Romance Hot List: highest rank #20⭐️ She is shy. He is brave. She hides in the shadows. He lives in the spotlight. She wished for a fairy tale...
64 1 23
What happens when two wanderlust people, escaping the pressures of their realities, meet? Clove Carter, a traveler in search of nothing in particular...