Who am I texting?

By Tattoo_Heart

[COMPLETE] A story of a girl who had a massive crush on a heartthrob high school rock band leader Kyle Hogan... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
EPILOGUE
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS+ request?
Vote for Alex

Chapter 22

57.7K 2.4K 1.5K
By Tattoo_Heart

[ALEX]

"Why?" Well that's not what I expected. Thank god she doesn't sound mad. She sounds more confused than anything else. At least she's not slapping me or slamming the door in my face like I expected.

"I," I rub the back of my neck nervously. "I just am."

After a moment of awkward silence, Sky sighs. "Do you want to come inside?" Did she just invite me in? Do I accept? Shit, I'm so nervous right now. She's being so calm and I'm scared.

"Uh, it's kinda cold outside," I mumble. Sky nods and opens the front door. I follow behind her, closing the front door behind me. I slip my jacket off and hang it on her coat rack.

"Do you want some pie?" She yells from the kitchen.

"Sure," I reply. I notice a baby picture of Sky and her brother Ashton on the bookshelf in her living room. I was totally right- we'll make cute babies together.

"Do you always stare t pictures?" I jump slightly as Sky enters the living room with a plate of pie.

"When they're yours, yes."

"Smooth," she mutters and setting the plate down on the coffee table in front of the couch. Sky takes a seat on the couch, so I take that as a cue to sit too.

"I feel like you're here for more than just express your unwarranted love for me."

"Kinda," I shrug, "Yeah, actually."

She nods slowly, "go for it."

Be cool Alex. You're here to tell her the truth- that Kyle lied. Don't mess this up. You have one chance Alex.

"What Kyle said was just one big lie. I can show you our previous conversation before the voice message that I took," I pause, pulling my phone out. "Honestly Sky, I would never try to hurt you."

"I'm kinda figuring it that out," she whispers. I pause for a second. I can't believe how understanding she's being. This isn't the Sky I'm used to.

"Oh," I bite my lip. "Do you believe me then?"

"I'm not sure who to believe, Alex. I mean, I had quite a bit of information thrown at me between you and Kyle lately." I nod. I'm really trying not to say anything that I'll regret later. Things are going better than I expected and I don't want to mess this up.

After a moment, Sky kicks her feet up. I can't help but smile, but all she does is roll her eyes.

"Honestly Alex, I'm willing to try." Try what? Please say you'll be my girlfriend or that you're willing to try a relationship.

"Try what?"

"To be your friend," she pauses. "Personally, I think Kyle is lying, but I don't have proof. Just like I don't have the proof that you're telling the truth." ... Oh. Friends. At least she thinks Kyle is lying.

"Oh," I frown.

"Friends" No. No. Never. I don't want to be friends. I want you to be my girlfriend, Sky. Do you know how bad does it feels like being friendzoned?

"I guess." Better than nothing, I guess. At least she's going to be more willing to try?

"It's subject to change, though. Don't piss me off."

"You're always pissed off."

"Hey!" She points her finger at me, "that pissed me off." Sky's trying really hard to keep a straight-face, but I can see her lips twitch a bit as she tries to stop from smiling. It's only makes me smile more.

"Stop smiling. It's making this really hard right now."

"I can't. I saw your lip twitch," I cover my mouth to hold back laughing. I'm just so nervous right now. I think this is the first conversation we've had where she's not being mean. I don't even know what to say.

"Stop staring at my lips you strange kid."

"Stop staring at me smiling.

"I'm not, dimple-freak,"

"Yes you do, beautiful."

After a second, Sky puts her feet down and sit up. "Go home, douchebag."

"But," I pout, "this couch is so comfy."

"Home, now." She points to the door. But, I want to kiss you. Sky, I don't want to go home. Things are going so well. Ugh.

[SKY]

This kid is way too good at this. This whole complimenting and being nice thing. No wonder people like him. He makes me very nervous when I'm around him. Just like the old days in freshmen year where I actually really like him. This whole thing seemed easier when it was through text messages. And now that I know it's Alex and he's sitting in my living room complimenting me, it's just weird. Not a bad weird, just strange.

But I'm going to try this. I'm going to try and start fresh with Alex. I'll try to be friends with him.

Obviously, I can't ignore him forever, especially when he shows up at my front door. I won't lie, I had all the intentions of going back inside and telling him to go home when I opened the front door and he was there. But when he told me he was in love with me... I don't know, I just felt bad and but it feel like there's something ignite inside me.

I offered to come inside, because I felt like the least I could do was to let him talk. He seems really nervous also. It's not the confident Alex I'm used to seeing.

"Are you going to unblocked me?"

"What?" I shake my head. What did he ask?

"Are you going to unblock me? So we can text?"

"Oh," I pause, "no."

"What?"

"Not yet."

"When?"

When I know that this whole friend thing isn't a mistake."

Alex sighs briefly before smiling slightly, "it won't be."

"We'll see," I shrug my shoulders.

"I love you, Sky. Goodnight." Alex kisses my cheek briefly before heading down the driveway towards his car. Did he just kiss me cheek? He's not very good at this talking things slow. I can't help but smile as I pull my phone out.

Me: ALEX JUST KISSED MY CHEEK

Me: IDK WHAT JUST HAPPENED

Me: BUT HIS LIPS ARE SO SOFT

Me: FUDGEEEE

Me: HOLY SHIT

Me: DAN HELP ME

Me: I'M VERY CONFUSED RIGHT NOW

Me: WHY DID I LET HIM

Me: I SHOULD'VE SAID NAH BRUH

Dan: What

Dan: w h a t

Dan: WHAT

Dan: WHAT JUST HAPPENED

Me: HE LIKE TOLD ME HE LOVED ME TWICE

Dan: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Dan: BABIES

Dan: MY LITTLE COUPLE AWW

Dan: CAN I BE THE GODFATHER

Me: no

Dan: he really kissed you on the cheek?

Me: yes

Dan: and you let him?

Me: I didn't see it coming

Me: HE KISS BOMBED ME

Me: and I was like asdfghjkl

Me: I'm so confused

Dan: it's called love

Me: It doesn't make sense

Dan: Just date him already. That's literally your goal since freshmen year

Dan: He's your first crush right?

Me: he WAS

Me: I said we should start with trying to be friends

Dan: .....that's not romantic

Me: wasn't meant to be

Dan: UGH SKYLAR

Dan: I'm telling your parents

Me: k

Me: they'll probably fangirl with you

Dan: I know

[ALEX]

Sky smiles one last time before closing the front door. I kissed her cheek. I kissed her cheek! I got within centimeters of her lips. I could feel her lips form a smile when I kissed her cheek. Her face turn bright red when I moved my head away from her. I know I also turned red. I was so nervous with my sudden action. I really expected her to react by insulting me or something

Me: Dan

Me: I kissed her

Me: cheek

Me: I can't breathe, man

Me: She didn't even insult me after

Me: and she wants to be friends

Me: take that Kyle

Dan: Bruh

Dan: Sky beat you like 3 seconds. You need to type faster

Me: huh

Me: SHE TOLD YOU?

Me: WHAT DID SHE SAY?

Dan: damn calm down

Dan: It's Skylar Rose, not Skylar Grey

Dan: she said your lips are soft

Dan: and she said you kiss bombed her

Me: WOW

Me: MY LIPS ARE SOFT

Me: if I hadn't she would've rejected

Me: I ninja kissed her

Dan: ngl I'm so telling her that you said that

Me: OMFG DON'T TELL HER HOW I FREAK OUT PLS

Me: THAT'S SO UNMANLY

Dan: Yeah as if this is the most unmanly thing you've done

Dan: I hope you can sense my sarcasm through the phone

Dan: bc there's a lot of it

Me: you need a filter on your mouth

Dan: oops

Dan: nope

I see a car pull into the driveway and I immediately put my phone in my pocket, I think her parents are home. In reality I probably should've left the property and texted Dan.

They get out of the car and I wave casually. "Hi mom. Hi dad," I smile.

Please have a sense of humor or I'll look like a total idiot.

"Hi son," her mom waves. "Who are you?"

"I'm Alex Follese. I go to school with Sky," I make my way to their car and shake her hand. "I like your daughter." Her mom doesn't say anything, just smile and nods her head.

"I promise I didn't do anything inappropriate with your daughter. She hates me," I laugh. Her dad snorts and her mom laughs really loud. This is so awkward, please kill me.

"Sky hates everyone," she laughs harder. It wasn't that funny. But keep laughing, because it shows you like me.

"I know. I can't even get her to say hi to me without a curse word added at the end of it."

"I totally understand," she nods, checking her watch. "It was nice to meet you, Alex."

"Nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs. Thomson." I smile one last time before making my way towards my car. That was so awkward.

I met her parents and they don't hate me. I don't think they do, at least. I can't believe they weren't even phrased by me being there. If my mom say a girl anywhere near the house, I'd be dead. It's not like my mom would interrogate the girl or criticize her because she's not judgemental. She just wants me to focus my school life and future before even trying to be in a relationship life or being in love. But you can't help it when you've accidentally in love with that person.

[SKY]

"Honey," my mom yells from the living room. I don't want to get up, I just sat down. Maybe if I sit really still, she won't notice I'm in the house. She'll think I'm gone and she'll bother dad instead.

Suddenly I heard the annoying foot steps up the stairs. Maybe I should pretend to be asleep? Screw it. I'm gonna pretend doing my homework.

"Hi Sky"

"Hi mom," I mumble, grabbing my backpack off the ground.

"So, I met someone just a few minutes ago," she takes a seat on the bed. "Alex Follese?"

God dammit, Alex. How long were you standing out there after I closed the door?

"He's a nice kid, but he says you're mean to him," my mom frowns. She always frowns when she thinks I should do something differently.

"That's because he's an annoying kid," I huff. "Besides, he was mean up until like December."

"I think you're just overly sensitive." How can you already be on Alex's side? Why does everyone I love pick his side?

"So, have you two kissed? Did you two-"

"Ew, no. He kissed me on the cheek, that's all." I cover my face with my hands to hide my utter embarrassment at this conversation.

"I need to tell your father!"

"Mom! Really? You couldn't of closed the door when you left?" I yell.

Me: MY MOM IS SO EMBARASSING AND WE'RE NOT EVEN IN PUBLIC

Dan: she fangirled didn't she

Me: yesh

Me: she's currently telling my dad about how "that nice boy Alex Follese" kissed me on the cheek

Me: he took my cheek virginity

Dan: I think your mom is on the ship to Skylex world

Dan: 4 PPL RIDING ON THIS SHIP

DAN: YOU BETTER NOT FUCK THIS UP SKY

Me: rlly?

Me: why is whenever I talk to you

Me: you bring up Alex

Dan: Alex is fun to talk about

Dan: you're fun to tease

Dan: I like you two together

Dan: it all makes sense in my head

Me: you are slightly psychotic tho

Me: I don't trust what's going on in your brain

Me: you're so freaking weird

"Sky, phone call for you," my mom yells.

"Bring it to me, please!"

I set my phone down and my mom hands me the house phone. "Hello?"

"It's technically not texting." Alex? Really?

"You are so clingy," I whine.

"It's not texting, therefore, it is allowed." I can't help but laugh, because he sounds like my dad when he's trying to win an argument.

"Fine. Technically I will allow it." I can hear him mumble "yes" under his breath.

"Too bad this rule doesn't start until tomorrow after school, oops." I hang up on Alex before he has the chance to say anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

668K 26K 28
"Bro, she cheated on me" "Who dis?" "Yea, I saw her kissing all over the guy" "Is this an April fools joke?" "I should've confronted her " "Haha this...
463 97 18
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
790K 1K 4
Finding relationships is easy... Keeping them is the real game. That's what I'm learning in my first one. It's not easy. Our rival schools are an hou...
459K 9.3K 59
#1 in youngadult as of December 2018 NEW VERSION on my profile, now COMPLETE!!! This story is super cringey and the new version is way better, so ple...