But, Shes my Best Friend (Ash...

By xxHxxx

Zoë and Ashton have been friends since 3rd grade. He's never realised he's had a crush on his best friend unt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Authors Update *Important*

Chapter 4

14K 236 24
By xxHxxx

It was finally Friday. It seemed like what happened between me and Ashton never did happen.

Ashton's mom had taken the car to work, so be had to ride the bus I realised that when he was got to the end of the street which was the bus stop. I regularly rode the bus. It was a horrible bus. The bus driver wasn't even close to strict so it was a huge mess.

"Zoë" Ashton sung as he got to the bus stop.

"Ashey Poo" I called out to him. Kids from the other street gathered at the stop sign. He stood next to me. The chatter grew louder among us.

"Just one more week and we're done with being kids" I said. I felt the need to get closer to Ashton, to keep warm from the cool morning air. But I stopped myself, if I did have a boyfriend it would've been wrong even though he was my friend.

"It's amazing" he started,"it's amazing how time flew by so quickly, how we were just third graders prancing around not giving a care in the world and next thing we know is that we're becoming adults"

My eyes widened,"that was the smartest thing I've ever heard from you" I joked, Ashton was smart we both knew it. He would say sentimental things a lot he would put lots of thought into his writing. It was amazing a young boy could say that. And when things like that come out of his mouth, it makes stuff like that come out of mine.

The bus came to stop at the edge of the street. One-by-one the load of students hopped on. The worst thing about the bus was finding seat.

Calum and Chloe also rode the bus. Usually Calum got a ride with Ashton but since the car was a "family" car Ashton didn't get it much it unless it was a weekend. If I missed the bus Ashton would offer me a ride. But I didn't miss the bus much often. So if none of us had a ride Calum, Ashton and I would ride the bus. Which was normal for all of us to ride is really all I'm saying...

To save seats for the four of us Ashton sat in the empty seat in front of me. While both of us put our legs on the seat to sit alone until one of us came on. It was simple really.

Calum got on first, Ashton moved himself and the stuff and scooted over for Calum.

"Hey" he said almost out of breath.

"Did you run to the stop?" I asked while laughing.

"Yeah" he panted. I let him have a sip from my water bottle.

"I love you so much Zoë" he thanked me.

"Who doesn't?" I joked.

"True" replied with a smirk on his face. He looked over at Ashton who only shook his head at him as if in a disagreement of something.

I tilted my head, confused in the silent conversation the boys were having. I sighed, probably never knowing what that was all about.

Soon enough Chloe had gotten on and sat with me. She looked extra cheery.

"What's up with you?" I asked placing my bag on my lap.

She didn't say anything.

"Chloe I swear to god tell me or I'll strangle you" I demanded.

"My dads coming today!" She said, excitement filled her words. Chloe's dad was an awesome father. Unfortunately he would go away on business trips now and then. The fact that he was separated from his children a lot was what made him such a kind father. When he got back they would catch each other up on everything. Chloe's brother who had a wife and was a soon to be lawyer came to visit them more often when his dad came.

"Oh yay! How long?"

"He's gonna be here for graduation and prom" she squealed. I smiled her cheeriness rubbed off on me. I loved seeing her happy. It filled me with joy.

•ASHTON'S POV•

Chloe was squealing on about something, and the girls were both distracted in their conversation. So it was the perfect time to talk to Calum.

I slapped his, but not too hard that he would scream.

"What the fuck?!" he said looking up from his phone.

"You make me mad" I gave him a sarcastic smile.

"Come one she didn't even know what we were talking about" He laughed.

"You know I don't like her" I said seriously.

"Oh really Ashton, you say that now...but you just wait" he started laughing at his own words.

"You're a loser" I laughed.

"Callie-Poo" Zoë called from behind us.

Calum cringed at his pet name from Zoë. He turned around to see what she wanted.

"Yeeeeesss Zoë-Poo" he answered mockingly.

"Can I copy your homework for Mrs.Bruce?" She asked sweetly.

He smiled at her," I didn't do it"

"Calum!" She cried.

"Shouldn't you do your own homework?" He laughed.

"But-" she started.

"No" he smiled. He went back to his phone.

"What's this?" He asked, rapidly turning around to Zoë.

"It's you silly" she sarcastically replied. She was eating some of Chloe's chips, who was busy talking to someone else.

"Why did you take this picture?" He was speaking as if talking to a small child.

"You looked cute" she said.

"But when don't I" he joked.

"True" she laughed. She pulled her homework out and started working on it by herself. Zoë and Calum's relationship was funny, they were both so rude and sarcastic with each other, They acted like brother and sister ninety-nine percent of the time

"Oh my gosh Zoë is doing her own homework!?" I said trying to act shocked.

"Shut up Ashton" she said sternly not looking up at me. She was intently working at the numbers and trying to figure everything out.

***

Once we reached the school we each parted our ways. I headed to science first. The class was almost empty. Only a few kids that were always earlier were there. It was a surprise that I was actually earlier today, usually being the last one to come in class.

Once the music that we used to transition to class had stopped Mr.Wayne started taking roll.

Since we were done with everything. He talked to us about how next weeks schedule was gonna look like for us. It was weird it being our last year as "children" and most of us were heading to collage after the summer.

He talked about how exciting collage was gonna be for us and how we soon were gonna take our life's into our own hands. Leaving us to make our own decisions for our future. And no one taking us by the hand anymore.

When you think about it, life is actually really short. You have so little time to plan out what you actually want to do. Your whole school life and social life that has been an issue for so long, is not as big as a worry as what's your career gonna be and how you're gonna mange to live with that.

"Ashton" someone whispered from behind me breaking me from my thought. I turned around enough to see who it was.

"What?" I asked, it was Danny. He was older then most of us here. Teachers hoped it would be his last year here.

"Did you and Carol really make out?" He asked, a puzzled looked crossed my face.

"What?!" I said almost chocking on my own spit.

"Did you?..last night?" Danny was like a gentle giant. He was so tall and scary looking. But he was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. He also had a huge crush on Carol.

"No, I didn't"

He nodded and turned back to talk to his friend. Probably realising it was a rumour.

My phone started repeatedly vibrating in my pocket. It was probably really loud to. I pulled it out from my back pocket. There was no need to hide it, because Mr.Wayne decided to stop teaching knowing our brains have stopped functioning.

So we had practically had a free period. It was Calum.

From: Calum:

Heads up, carol is spreading rumours...

To: Calum:

I heard, I should've never invited her

I waited for Calum to text back, he had business first period. It was really just seeing if you could work a computer. The teacher Mrs.Atkins was really strict too. So it wouldn't surprise me if he were getting yelled at for having his phone out. I decided to text Zoë.

To: 💕Zoë-Poo💕:

If you hear anyone or any one asks, I didn't kiss Carol... Warn Chloe about it too xx.

Zoë had inserted herself into my contacts and I haven't changed anything about it. People usually got the wrong idea. Think I actually did like her. Before it would've been a definite "no". But now I wasn't so sure. Was I really developing some sort of crush on her.

I started getting flashback of moments we've cherished together. The time we went to the water park, and somehow had gotten stuck in one of the slides.

When the four of us went to the library and started playing hide-and-seek. Me and Zoë almost ended up pissing ourselves. Then getting kicked out and laughing about it.

Going to help my mom and her mom at the hospital.

Something you could do with anyone and it would be fun. But with Zoë everything just got more special and amazing.

***

Throughout the day, people kept coming up to me about Carol. Most people wanted to know if she was a good kisser. But really how was I supposed to know if we never even kissed. At some point I had gotten really pissed off about it. By the time lunch had come around I was furious with Carol. It was stupid she needed to start at rumour about it just to get all this attention. Did she really believe I would go along with it? Did she think I wouldn't hear about it.

"So is she a good kisser?" Zoë jokingly asked about her, once I sat down at our lunch table.

"I'm not in the fucking mood Zoë" I snapped.

"Ok sorry" she muttered under her breath. She began eating her salad which she didn't enjoy much. It was either that or some sort of goo they called "meat". And their salads aren't even salads they really are just big thing of lettuce not even cut and a tomato and bam there is your salad.

"Sorry, this Carol this has just gotten me mad" I apologised.

"No I understand" she said giving me a small smile.

"Zoë, can I copy your homework" Calum asked. Zoë looked up at him, she smiled.

"Silly wittle boy," she replied in a childish voice, " you already know the answer to that"

Calum acted as if he was mad. He looked like a child about to throw a tantrum. I couldn't help but laugh.

Chelsea walked up to our table, she was considered "popular" but we all knew that was a stupid label. Just because someone was a cheerleader and really rich people would label then as popular. As that girl gained fake friends.

"Zoë sweetie hey," she sounded like she had been friends with Zoë since forever.

"Hi" Zoë greeted her sounding almost unsure about what was going on.

"I'm throwing this "huge" party for the seniors and like I wanted to invite you and Brock," she started "I will text you the details, you can bring your...friends"

She sounded almost disgust as she said that. We all knew she was talking to Chloe though. Chloe didn't have the best reputation. In tenth grade "rumour had it she dated like 5 guys" and since then people said she was a slut which was really stupid. Me and Calum on the other hand, were considered cute and stupid for hanging out with Chloe. And sometimes Zoë.

Zoë was known as "sweet and smart" but if you pissed her off just enough she would get sassy all over your ass. She could be really rude. But most people actually did like her, most because of her "looks" and others because both personality and looks.

"Do you even have my number?" Zoë asked.

"I'll just ask Brock for it don't worry" Chelsea said giving us her best fake smile and leaving.

Zoë let out a big long sigh.

"Stupid ass hoe" Chloe muttered under her breathe.

"You gonna go Zo?" Calum asked.

"Maybe" she shrugged lightly stabbing at a chunk of lettuce.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

690K 17.4K 33
Scarlet and Luke have been best friends since the first day of kindergarten, since then they were inseparable. But what happens when Luke leaves with...
47.4K 938 20
(COMPLETED) After something terrible happened to Bella and her family, the bonds between her and the four band members from 5 Seconds Of Summer grow...
993 65 20
The name's Zoey. My friend, Janet, and I are dancers. It's my favorite thing to do. It's all I think about. But whenI meet a guy that's perfect for m...
524K 11.4K 72
in which a girl tries to get noticed by ashton irwin on instagram. [top rank: #2 in fanfiction , #5 in 5sos]