But, Shes my Best Friend (Ash...

By xxHxxx

Zoë and Ashton have been friends since 3rd grade. He's never realised he's had a crush on his best friend unt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Authors Update *Important*

Chapter 2

15K 279 44
By xxHxxx

I laid on the couch comfortably as Zoë was still in the kitchen. The bowl of popcorn laid on my stomach as I started to devour them one-by-one

Zoë came back she stood looking at my legs, as they had replaced where she used to be siting. She shoved my legs out of the way. Leaving me sitting up right. She grabbed the bowl of popcorn and laid down. Placing her legs on my thighs.

"Are you comfortable?" I sarcastically asked her, as she began to eat the popcorn.

"Very" she smiled, looking pleased with herself. I reached over to try and grab a handful of popcorn, but before I could even place my hand in the bowl Zoë slapped my hand. Her attention still on the movie.

"Ow" I mouthed. Zoë apparently saw and started laughing.

"Sorry" she 'apologised'.

"No you aren't"

"You're right I'm not" she said looking at me and smiling.

A couple minutes had passed till we realised Calum had fallen asleep. Zoë shoved the bowl of popcorn onto my chest. Making some of them bounce up and spill around me. She walked over to the couch, and studied Calum.

"He looks so cute" she whispered. She quietly walked back to the couch and grabbed her phone, then back to Calum. She tried to hold in her laughter as she took a picture of him.

She looked at the picture, as she started walking back to the couch, silently laughing to herself. As she sat down she rested her head on my lap and legs on the other side of the couch.

"Do you want to come to the Basket Ball game tomorrow?" She asked me, her attention still drawn onto the movie.

"Why?" I asked, she would never stick around to watch any of the school games. Mostly, because most were boring and she didn't know what was happening. So she'd either sit there on her phone or talk to her friend. So if was really surprising when she did ask to go.

"Because, Brock wants me to go, that's why he called" she explained, looking up at me.

"Eh, I'll think about it" I answered.

"You better" she said, turning back to face the tv.

***

I woke up to the sound of a vibrating phone. I squinted, looking at a light coming from Zoë's lap. I rubbed my eyes to see what it was. My eyes focused onto her phone. Which was lightning up with text messages. I tried to get a closer look to what they said.

BROCK:

Hey babe, are you ready to go ?

BROCK:

Zoë I'm in your driveway where you at?

BROCK:

Zoë I swear to god ... Are you coming to school or?

I checked my phone for the time. 6:30. School started at 7 meaning only like 20 minutes to get ready.

"Zoë" I gently shook her.

She groaned and turned around facing the other direction

"Zoë, wake up" I whispered. She didn't react.

"ZOË!" I practically screamed, shaking her a little too hard she fell off the couch. I couldn't help but laugh.

"YOU FUCKING DICK IM TRYING TO SLEEP!" she screamed. She got up and started slapping my arm repeatedly.

"Ow! Ow! stop!" I laughed, each slap hurt even more. But the rage made it even funnier.

"Ashton! Zoë! Shut up!' Calum yelled into the couch pillow. Once she was done she checked her phone.

"Shit shit shit" she muttered as she grabbed her shoes and ran out of the house.

I grabbed one of the pillows and threw it at Calum, "wake up we got school"

He groaned again. I got up from the couch and jogged up stairs quickly showering, brushing my teeth and changing. Calum came up too, he started throwing on my clothe. He brushed his teeth with an extra toothbrush I kept. Which now became his.

We grabbed our stuff and headed outside, to find Zoë and Brock yelling at each other.

"he's just a fucking friend can't you understand?!" Zoë yelled. Brock looked frustrated he was leaning against the hood of his car.

"You can't trust him! What if he likes you?" He said. My eyes widened as he said that. What if I did like her?

"We've been friends longer than your relationships with any of your girlfriends last! Why wouldn't I trust him!''

He looked angrier after she said that "you actually believe I've had a lot of girlfriends?" He shook his head.

"Whatever you go do whatever you fucking want with Ashton" he hopped into his car, Zoë looked

Shocked at what she said. She didn't know how to respond.

Zoë had realised we had been standing there for at least half the fight.

She signalled for us to wait, as she quickly ran into her house. A couple minutes later she was back. Carrying her bag and clothe.

She hopped into the backseats. Me and Calum already in the car. We had 10 minutes to get to school.

"I'm gonna change don't look" she demanded.

She struggled to get her pants off because of the small space. Calum looked out the window trying his best to not look back.

We pulled up to a stop light. Calum nudged me to look over outside his window. Next to us was Brock. Calum quietly tapped on the window hopping to get Brock's attention. Luckily, he had happened to look over. He looked at us then he looked at the backseat, where Zoë happened to be changing her shirt now. I look through the mirror to find Zoë staring back at me. Fortunately she hadn't noticed Brock. She raised her eyebrow at me. I gave her a big smile as I looked away.

Brock tightened his grip on the steering wheel as me and Calum silently laughed to ourselves.

We reached the school in just enough time, and parked in the student parking area.

We jogged up to the entrance trying to make it inside before the bell rang.

***

"How'd you do on the test?" I asked Calum as we walked through the courtyard toward the cafeteria.

"Probably failed, how 'bout you?"

"I think I did ok" I laughed.

We met up with Chloe and Zoë in the lunch line

"What's for lunch?" I asked them as we stood in the long line.

"I think...Ham and cheese Sandwich and chicken nuggets" Chloe answered as she braided her blonde hair.

"Does it look ok?" She asked Zoë.

"It looks fine" she laughed as she pushed her ahead in line.

After we got our lunch we sat at our table. Today was a quiet for us. There was barley anything to talk about as the year came to the end. Hopefully we wouldn't have to separate away from each other during the summer.

"So are you guys doing anything today?" Chloe asked taking a sip from the small chocolate milk carton.

Zoë shrugged "what did you have in mind?"

"We could got to the mall?" Chloe suggested.

"No, because last time we went to the mall we spent an our hanging around in Victoria secret waiting for you to get done trying on bras and panties" Calum said.

"We could help my mom at the hospital" Zoë said.

"It's too depressing" Chloe began, "watching all those people die everyday"

"Why don't we just hang out at my place?" I suggested.

"Yeah, we could order pizza and sit around and find something to do"

"Yeah" the girls agreed.

Zoë got up to throw her stuff away.

"Do you think she's ok?" Calum asked. I shrugged

"Wait what happened?" Chloe questioned.

"Her and Brock got into a big fight because she slept over at Ashton's" Calum explained, "then she said something about him and all his girlfriends and he got offended"

"Oh wow.." Chloe said as she processed it all.

"We were supposed to go to the basketball game for Brock but guess not" I said, thankfully I or we if they wanted to come, didn't have to sit through the game.

Zoë came back, her cheeriness was gone today.

The bell rang for us to get to our next class. Calum and Chloe went the opposite way as Zoë rushed out.

"Zoë wait up!" I yelled trying to catch up. She stopped and slowly turned around as she waited for me to catch up.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Eh" she answered, "I didn't mean to call him a man-whore I just, it slipped. But he didn't have to get so mad at me for sleeping over at your house I've done it plenty of times."

"Are you gonna talk to him?"

"Maybe later"

She said, as she walked away to the other building as I walked to the one opposite from it.

If she did talk would he want to see her at the basketball game. Or will they end the relationship all together, I thought as I walked into class.

"Hey Ashton" a voice greeted me as I took my seat at the back if the class.

"Hey Carol" I said giving her a fake smile. Carol was a 'popular' girl in our grade and most grades too. After her and Brock had broken up last month. She had been going after me.

"So are you coming to the basketball game tonight?" She asked taking the seat in front of me.

"Nope" I answered her, popping the 'p'.

"Why? Are you hanging out with what's her name.... Zoë?"

"Yeah, I am" I let out a large sigh.

"Why do you always hang out with her do you like her?" She asked, jealousy taking over her. She had hated Zoë ever since 8th grade. None of us but her and Zoë, at least I think Zoë knew why.

"It's called being friends" I laughed. Mr.Hammond greeted us and began his lesson. Carol rolled her eyes and faced the front of the class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524K 11.4K 72
in which a girl tries to get noticed by ashton irwin on instagram. [top rank: #2 in fanfiction , #5 in 5sos]
978 23 14
Samantha Hood is the cousin of Calum Hood she adores 5SOS . Her best friend Isadora happens to be Luke's step sister. Samantha has never met Luke, A...
7.2K 170 20
Aurora Irwin had always been unique. She was born in Sydney, Australia along with Ashton Fletcher Irwin. They had been the best friends until middle...
39.7K 1.2K 31
As a senior in high school, Laurie is befriended by a new boy named Calum and the two become inseparable immediately. But when she is taken hostage b...