Can't Help It ; Natsu

By mandouyi

[complete] Life was a continuous, repetitive cycle. Things pass, perhaps stopping even a second to wave. Ev... More

1 - Beginning
2 - Photos
3 - Rocks
4 - Angels
5 - Friend
6 - Idiot
7 - Parent
8 - Clueless
9 - Contest
10 - Temptation
11 - Strangest
12 - Progress
13 - Accidents
14 - Afternoon
15 - Choice
16 - Running
17 - Faithful
Surprise! Miss me?
Author's Note
The Time We Spent
I'm Not Suicidal!
Nightmare in My Dreams
Strawberry Jelly Cake
A Wandering Child
Three Loving Words
The Infirmus Heart
Don't Leave Me!
My Other Half-Literally
Date with Him
The S-Class Job
The Fallen Girl
Natsu's Forgotten Presents
Don't Let Me Down
Life's Weird
His Departure is Nearing
Update
You Must Be Joking
A Day Full Of Tears and Grins
Two Weeks And Counting
A Week Left
Nova
Argument
Disbelief
Hospital Recovering Time
Quick Preparations
Fate
Time Together
Trouble-Maker
Hargeon Town
My Favorite- The Ferris Wheel
How About A Family?
Our Sweet Days
Surprise! Like Her?
It's Not Personal, She Says
Rescue Mission!
Lucas's Paper Crane
Well...I Had Drinks with Cana?
Babies Aren't From Stomachs!
This Lady
OH MY LORD
The Child Demands His Baby!
Is Gruvia...A Thing Yet?
The Man Who Laughed
Spying on Juvia and Gray
In Sickness and In Health
Who...Will You Choose?
PLEASE READ
Rin- And Rin
Names
Who Eats and Who Refuses
Dragon Breath
Zoos and Peacocks
Purpura
Hey...I Know You!
The Dusted Cobalt Sky
The Way Back Home
Him- Sick
The Feeling, Dreaded
Worst of Me
Not Actually Serious?
Jealousy and Rage
With My Emotions- Disappear
Our Mixed Relationship- Confusion
Something- Familiar?
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Unresolved Problems- The Woman
Rin- Prophecy Child
Consumed- Darkly Matters
An Unsteady Feeling- Lost
The One- You?!
My Thoughts- Unfortunate
Half Murderess, Half Daughter
Christmas Special
Silhouettes Against The Wall
Ignis
I Left You
Power Duo
𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

As A Team- Together

3.6K 154 239
By mandouyi

*forgot recap*

After a few sleepless nights, your eyelids felt insanely heavy. Next to you, Natsu noisily sang to himself as he ate his apple.

Just closing your eyes for a few seconds would mean that the nightmares would come back. You couldn't trust yourself.

"Maybe just a bit." You didn't even realize that you had said it out loud, until Natsu looked at you curiously. "(Y/N)?"

"Sorry, I'm just a bit..." You pressed your fingertips to your forehead. It seemed like forever ago, when you had gotten into that fight with Lucy.

Although, you still wanted to get back to that, there were still things that you needed to finish. The issue with Rin wasn't solved yet, and you weren't satisfied.

But Natsu had tried to get back on your side for so long. Whether he came home with a bunch of flowers, or when he helped with Rin- he was persistent.

"Ah. You haven't slept for a few days, right?"

'You just noticed!?'

Your eyebrow twitched as you resisted the urge to shake some sense into the man. You felt a force grabbing your head, and your view was blackened.

"Natsu?" Your voice came out muffled. "Wait, what are you doing?! I'm still mad, you know-!" You yanked your head up.

Despite your angry burst, you could feel your cheeks turning bright red. Natsu looked down, a strange sense of loneliness clouded his darkened expression.

'Ah...jeez, (Y/N). What are you going to do now?'

You noticed a book nearby on the table. "O-oh, um...I-I think I'll go read, now." You said, your voice shaking as you reached for the book.

Natsu lifted his head, his eyes wide. "Wait-"

You picked up the blue book. "Manly Gestures That Women Love...?" You flipped the book to where it was folded.

'Never hesitate to hug your partner,' you read, silently. 'Natsu knows how to read?'

"Goodness..." You sighed, and put the book back down.

"I guess I can look over this one time," you laid down on the couch, your head in his lap. "Don't let it go to your head," you stared up at him. "I'm still mad."

He tilted his head, and gave you a smile. "Okay."

You let your gaze fall to the side as you shifted. Closing your eyes, you prayed for a peaceful nap. The darkness covered your vision, and you could only hear Natsu trying to munch on his apple silently.

___

"Wake up."

"...wake up, c'mon, (Y/N)..."

"You're so pretty when you sleep."

You jolted when you felt warm lips brush against yours. Keeping your eyes closed, you listened to Natsu continue.

"I wish we could just run away and live at Fairy Tail forever...I wish that Lucas was never sick. I wish that-"

His voice broke. "I wish that what happened with Lucy- never did."

You opened your eyes, pretending to just be awake. "Natsu..." You blinked, finding him inches away from your face.

"Oh, hi. Did you just wake up?"

"Yes..."

"How did you sleep?"

"It was alright."

"Can we get food now? We didn't eat lunch yet..."

You glanced out the window, where the sun was shining brightly. "Sure. It's noon, right?"

He nodded. "Lucas is eating lunch at school, and Rin is still sleeping."

"Then I guess we can let her sleep a bit longer, right?" You asked, closing your eyes again.

"I guess." 

You were about to drift off again, when Natsu spoke up. "(Y/N)...are you sure you don't want to settle things with Lucy?" 

You opened an eye. "Why would I want to talk to her? It's pretty much over, isn't it?" 

He sounded doubtful. "But don't you feel a bit unsatisfied about leaving everything just like this?" Not really caring, you answered, "not really." 

"I don't feel satisfied," he spoke up suddenly. "I don't like this." 

"Don't like what?" You slid off him, and sat down at the other end of the sofa. "Don't like how I'm not settling things with your best friend?" 

The atmosphere in the room turned tense. You raised your hand, and slapped yourself on the cheek- startling Natsu. 

"What are you doing!?" He abruptly leaned closer, a worried expression on his face. "Why would you hit yourself like that?" 

You lifted your face, and gave him a tired smile. "Sorry. I just felt like I needed that. A warning to keep myself from saying things." 

Natsu grimaced. "You didn't have to go that far!" He stretched his arm towards you- his fingertips brushed slightly against your pink cheek. 

"Oh. Sorry." He moved to bring back his arm, but you clapped a hand over his. You nuzzled your cheek against his big hand. 

"(Y/N)?!" 

You could see yourself reflected in his eyes. You could see yourself so clearly, and so sad. You spoke up, "even though I'm disappointed in you believing someone over your wife- I don't want us to fight anymore."

"If we want to raise a child that won't destroy the world..." You hesitated. "Then, it's only right that we work as a team, right?" You gave him a smile. 

His expression of relief was replaced by pain. He pushed you down, his hands gripping your wrists tightly. His eyes burned with passion as he looked at you with exhaustion. 

"No more..." He muttered, almost with a pouting expression. "Please." 

Before you could protest, he set a kiss on your forehead. "Please, (Y/N)." He said, pleadingly. "Please..." He kissed the top of your nose. "When will my nightmare be over?" He asked, giving your cheek a soft kiss. 

You could feel your voice failing you. He asked, breathlessly, "when will you look at me, finally? When will I get to touch you again? Haven't you been a bit rough with my punishment? (Y/N)?" He asked.

He released you, and stood up. Bringing a hand through his hair, he looked at the ground with a sullen expression. "Sorry." 

Your body moved on it's own. You jumped up, and placed your hands on either side of his head. Forcefully bringing his head closer to you, you knocked your forehead into his. 

He had a blank stare on his face as he was puzzled. You finally gave him a smile, and kissed him gently. 

Opening one eye, you watched as he stared, open-eyed at you. Pulling away, you looked away from him. "It's common courtesy to close your eyes, you know..." 

Natsu finally laughed. "We can try it again, then." 

I N   A   W E E K ' S   T I M E 

"Crap, crap, crap!" You hurried around, groaning. "Rin!" 

The baby innocently stared up at you. Then, without a beat, she burst into laughter. You looked at her with contentment. 

Then, realizing the time, you rushed to the kitchen- careful to not burn the food you were making. 

"Hey! What is this trash?!" 

Without you even noticing, two exceeds flew in. Happy and Plume were back. "What the heck are you doing here?" Plume noticed Happy flying behind her. "I told you- go help Natsu!" 

"But...(Y/N)'s making food..." Happy sobbed. "We're all gonna die!" Plume immediately smacked him on the forehead gently. "Are you alright in the head?" She asked. "She's not cooking- I am!" 

"Oh...bye then!" Happy cheered up immediately and left. 

"Plume!" You were glad to see your friend. However, there was no time for a reunion. "Come on! We still need to get the banners up." 

"How many people did you invite?!" She screeched. 

"Nobody!" You called, from the closet. "What is this thing?!" Plume responded. "And what's your plan?" 

"Um...first we're eating at home...then we'll be heading for the guild!" You replied back. "You can help, right?" 

You heard a sigh. 

"What is this dish, even..."

 You caught her eyes, and gave her a silent glare.

 "Of course I can fix it!" Plume grinned. 

___

"Amazing. That was so much food!" Natsu commented, happily as he holds his chicken wing, eating it happily. You laughed. "Are you sure you have more room for cake?" 

Natsu puffed out his chest. "Do you even know me?" 

"Good point. You could eat a planet's worth of food. Probably." 

"Probably? Are you doubting my stomach?" He asked, patting his prize. Next to him, Lucas clutched onto his hand. "Papa...if you eat so much, why are you so skinny?" 

Natsu looked stumped. "Ah...you see, it's because...there's a fairy that comes every day to take away all the food I've eaten that are just laying in my stomach!" He concluded. 

You stared at him. "What the heck is that theory?!" 

"A fairy?!" Lucas looked fascinated. "What's her name? Is she nice? Can I meet her?!" He eagerly asked. "Ah, no..." Natsu shook his head. 

"You see...food just comes out from the other end!" 

You smacked the back of his head. In your arms, playing with your necklace, Rin smiled. "Hey! Noisy people!" Plume shouted, happily. 

"We're here!" 

"Aye, sir!" 

The doors opened, and a loud cheer arose. Walking inside, you were met with smiles of your fellow guild members, and a satisfied look from Makarov. 

"You're finally here!" Carla said, standing on a table. She noticed Plume and Happy. "Oh, what are you guys here for?" 

Plume had a look of false shock, and dove at her. Happy watched nervously from the sidelines. Your attention was brought away from the group of exceeds as you felt a hand on your back. 

"Natsu?" You looked up at him. 

"Isn't this fun?" His eyes beamed. "We get to spend a special day with everyone!" You smiled in response. "Yes!" 

"To think that she's turning two already." Levy approached, a guilty look on her face as she noticed you. "(Y/N), I..." 

"We can talk later, Levy. Let's just enjoy the party, alright?" 

Levy had a small smile on her face as she agreed. "We've been waiting forever." She led you to a table, where a cake decorated with small strawberries sat. 

"Cake-" Erza started, but stopped. "Right. Share." She reminded herself, standing and regaining her composure. 

"Happy Birthday, Rin-chan!" Juvia smiled as she brushed her finger against the child's cheek. Rin only looked at her with large and curious eyes. 

Just as you were about to cut the cake with Natsu, Lucas, and Rin- you heard a tiny mumble from the child. 

The guild quickly fell into a silence. 

"...ieg...ni." Rin laughed, as if she knew a great joke. 

"...etu dius." 

'Ignis Et Gladius.' 

The incantation from your nightmare. 

___End of Chapter___

248K Reads| 13.7K Votes| 20.7K Comments

Q for Lucy: do you think if Natsu had never met (Y/N), but she still joined the guild, and they had never fallen in love would you and her be friends? 

Lucy seemed put off by the question. She tilted her head, almost like a dog that was curious. "...friends?" She muttered.

She smiled. "Sure!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 1.4K 14
The whirlwind love story of Erza Scarlet P.S. I don't own Fairy Tail or it's characters, I only own this story line concept.
217K 4.5K 34
Natsu is your typical hormonal teenage boy in high school. He's the schools bad boy and heartthrob but he's also a heartbreaker and a sex addict. But...
13.3K 416 53
Bad boy Natsu Dragneel finds a green haired runaway who isn't what you think she is at first sight. What happens when feelings develop and jealousy l...
2.3K 49 7
Fairy tail story. Written from your perspective. Your a girl with a horrible past. You didn't do anything wrong but you've been through hell. Everyth...