Leah Riddle (Book 1)

By xxShaylee3xx

(Series in Editing) "What's going on?" I turned to Severus. "We need your help. The Death Eaters," Barty said... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One

Chapter Four

5K 96 10
By xxShaylee3xx

I headed down to Sev's classroom to bitch about Claire and Potter. When I entered, however, Draco was already there with him.

"Well, well. Looks like someone's out of bed," Draco looked up at me with a smirk.

"Yeah, you should probably get back," I said coolly and he chuckled.

"Can I help you, Leah?" Severus asked.

"Just wanted to bitch a bit," I shrugged.

"How shocking," he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Bitch about what? I'm sure the only thing you'll have to talk about is how cozy you're getting with Potter," Draco drawled and I snorted.

"That's unattractive, love."

"You love it, really," I shrugged as I sat down.

"Is everything alright?" Severus intercepted before we could start bickering.

"Yeah, it's just that Claire is a fucking Gryffindor. As if she wasn't already annoying enough," I wrinkled my nose.

"Watch your language. But, yes, I must agree. Do not tell her that, however. An 'uncle' really isn't supposed to show favoritism," he smirked.
"Yet here we are," I smiled.

"Indeed. Draco, I need to speak to Leah about a few things before classes begin tomorrow. Why don't you go back to the common room?"

"Sure," Draco eyed me suspiciously but did as he was told.

"What's up?" I asked after Draco left.

"Come," Severus held out his arm. I narrowed my eyes but took it anyway. I closed my eyes during the apparation and when we landed, I noticed we were in an old house.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"It's abandoned, don't worry about it. Follow me," he said. We went up some stairs and into a room with a fireplace roaring. Barty leaned against the far wall and there was an unconscious girl seated in the middle of the room.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We have to make sure you're going to do as you're told if you're one of us," Barty said.
"Of course I am," I snapped.

"Well, here we are," Barty gestured to the girl.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Torture and kill. Standard procedure."

"What'd she do? She's like ten."

"It's not what she did, it's what her parents did. They betrayed the Death Eaters," Barty locked eyes with me.

"Like mine did. So you're saying this could be me if I don't cooperate?"

"No, you're different. But, it could be Claire. That's the threat."

"Why wouldn't I cooperate? That's my question here."

"You're young. Scared, possibly," Barty shrugged.

"Scared?" I scoffed.

"You should know who you're dealing with, Barty. She's much different than we are. She can handle it," Severus put his hand on my shoulder.

"You're damn right I can. You gonna wake her up or what?" I snapped.

"Very well," Barty smiled, waving his wand so the girl regained consciousness. She awoke with a gasp and began looking around frantically.

"Where am I?" she asked, eyes settling on me. Severus and Barty stepped off to the side to watch.

"That's not important, darling."

"Who are you?" she asked.

"That isn't important either," I smiled, raising my wand.

"Please don't hurt me," she whimpered.

"Oh, you'll hardly feel a thing," I said just before hitting her with a curse.

"Crucio!" I snapped and the girl screamed, thrashing wildly. I felt adrenaline and pride rush through me. I've never used this curse before. Looks like it's working pretty effectively. I felt myself grin and I stopped the curse. The girl sobbed, her chest rising and falling rapidly.

"Please," she begged.

"Hush, now," I said, circling her.

"Shall we get creative or stick with the Cruciatus," I mused aloud.

"Our father which art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in Earth as it is in Heaven," the girl began mumbling.

"Oh for the love of Merlin," I rolled my eyes. My hand shot out and I hit her with a sectumsempra. She screamed and made choking noises. I could hear the blood filling her lungs, making it nearly impossible to breathe. Blood trickled down her body, onto the chair, and then the floor. I crossed my arms and watched her until she fell silent, and then limp. I walked over, stepping over the pools of blood, and held my fingers to her neck. Her skin was burning, but I felt no pulse.

"It is done," I gave a small bow.

"Very, very good," Barty grinned widely, clapping his hands.

"This is a masterpiece," he walked around the girl, seeing the gashes that tore through her skin.

"You taught her well, Severus," Barty laughed.

"I did not teach her the cruciatus, and I only briefly mentioned sectumsempra," he said, looking at me with pride.

"You truly are the best witch of your age," Barty grinned, laughing with glee. Severus and I waited as he reined in his enthusiasm.

"Now, pick her up and bring her outside. She will be disposed of later. I'm sure some wild animals will enjoy her," Barty waved his hand.

"What? No, she's covered in blood. That's undignified," I glared.

"You are the youngest ranking. Those at the bottom do the undignified work."

"No, I'm not. You came to me and asked for my alliance. You chose me. Clearly I'm more than just another Death Eater. I'm not as low ranking as you want me to believe," I crossed my arms defiantly. Barty looked over at Severus.

"I told you she was bright," he drawled.

"Well until your smart ass can figure out why you're higher up, you have to do the undignified work. Go, and no magic either," Barty pointed to the door and I scowled. I picked the girl up, feeling blood run down my arms and seep onto my chest. I grit my teeth and began the trek downstairs.

***

"My Lord," Barty bowed, walking into a room across the hall.

"How did she do, Barty?" Voldemort's frail figure asked.

"Very well, My Lord. Incredibly so. She is so advanced for her age. Intelligent, too."

"Where is she now?"

"Bringing the body to the backyard for Nagini."

"That is a job for Wormtail, not her."

"I know, My Lord, but I figured it would be best to keep her humble for now."

"Very well, then. Severus, your thoughts?" Voldemort asked.

"She will be a great asset. My only concern is Clementine and Lamoure. If they have told the aurors about Leah, she could be under surveillance."

"We will take care of that, in time. This year is not a concern. We cannot do anything until I have my body back."

"Yes, My Lord," they both said.

"Sev? Barty? Did you guys know there's a giant fucking snake outside?" Leah called up the stairs.

"Shall we bring her in to see you?" Barty asked.

"No. She must not know yet," Voldemort shook his head and then coughed violently.

"Very well. We will report back later," Barty said.

"Guys!" Leah snapped, her footsteps coming closer.

"Yes, we were aware, Leah. Stop yelling," Severus left the room to stop her from finding them.

"Well what the hell? I could have died," she said. Voldemort had his eyes on the door, listening to Leah with a very small smile.

"Always so dramatic, darling. And watch your language. Are you ready to return to school?" Severus asked.

"I'm covered in blood," she said bluntly.

"Ah, that is a problem."

"You aren't funny," she said and they began walking downstairs, their voices fading away.

"We will be reunited soon," Voldemort said.

"Indeed, My Lord. We will make sure of it."

***

"I've just killed someone," I said, standing in the middle of Sev's classroom.

"Yes...are you okay?" he asked.

"I think so. Quite honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think it's just the fact that her blood is literally on my hands," I held them out and he chuckled.

"Come over to the sink, then. Let's get you cleaned up."

Severus worked on cleaning streaks of blood off my face as I worked on my hands and arms.

"You guys made me ruin a perfectly good shirt," I said, looking down at it.

"Magic does exist, you know," he rolled his eyes.

"Well can you fix it, then?" I held my arms out exasperatedly.

"Relax," he grumbled, getting his wand out and reciting an incantation.

"There you go. It's perfectly clean now."

"Thank you. Any blood anywhere else?" I asked.

"No, you're good. But Leah, listen. Are you sure you're okay? If you really don't want to continue, I can find a way to get you out of this and keep you safe," he put his hands on my shoulders.

"No, this is what I want," I said firmly.

"Okay. Head off to bed, then," he nodded.

"Night, Sev."

"Goodnight, Leah."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.1K 1.3K 42
Draco Malfoy: cold, distant, ignorant, rude, arrogant, and above all else, downright gorgeous. Juniper Hartley: caring, intelligent, unfathomably sw...
366K 12.5K 33
After being saved from the Dursley's as a toddler, Harry James Potter was taken in by a new family. A family he truly deserved. He was finally able t...
572K 10.7K 67
Coming from rich families, Draco and Blair both had everything they could ever ask for...except love, but hey, who believes in that anyway? So, when...
48.8K 1.6K 19
Harry Potter. The only survivor when Lord Voldemort attacked his home. His parents died, the house was destroyed, but he made it, with nothing more t...