Leah Riddle (Book 1)

Bởi xxShaylee3xx

(Series in Editing) "What's going on?" I turned to Severus. "We need your help. The Death Eaters," Barty said... Xem Thêm

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One

Chapter Two

5.3K 93 11
Bởi xxShaylee3xx

"Darling, we're going to throw out the rest of your birthday cake," Mother said, rummaging through the fridge.

"Why do I care? I don't like cake. I don't know why you kept it so long, my birthday was in July."

"I know, but everyone should get a birthday cake. Maybe one year you'll finally eat it."

"You could always get me something I like. You know, things like chocolate covered strawberries, brownies, cookies," I listed.

"Hush," she looked over my shoulder to see what I was making.

"It's a face mask mix," I said before she could ask.

"Why don't you just use the potion I taught you?"

"Because I didn't feel like listening to your boring ass potion lesson, therefore I can't make what I never learned."

"Leah," she sighed.

"Go away."

"Hey, watch your tone," dad warned and I glared.

"Oh please," I spat and he sighed, running his hands over his face.

"God when are you leaving?"

"In about an hour, don't worry," I glared.

I put a covering over the mix and grabbed the bowl, carrying it up into my room. I put a cooling charm on it and set it on my dresser next to my makeup and moisturizer. Tomorrow I leave for Hogwarts and I can't seem to get all my things together. Every time I think I have everything, I remember that I need something else. I'm going over Uncle Severus's tonight so we can just leave in the morning without disturbing anyone. Mom and Dad are taking Claire to Kings Cross the day after. I grabbed the list Pansy sent to me and looked over it. She told me everything I would need to bring, girl wise. I hadn't even thought of bringing my own bubble bath until she mentioned it.

"Yeah, they have bubble bath in the prefects bathroom, but honestly it's not very good. No scent at all. Seriously, bring your own, that way you know it works well with your skin, and as a bonus it'll smell nice," she'd told me by the pool a few days ago. So, needless to say, I threw in my own bubble bath potion with my shower gels and hair products. I think that I finally have everything. I've made sure I have my robes about twenty times.

"Leah," Claire said, slamming my door open. I turned around, scowling at her.

"What?"

"Can I use your sparkly bath bomb?"

"No, I'm saving that."

"Oh come on!"

"Maybe you should've bought your own while we were at the apothecary."

"That's not fair."

"That's not my problem," I retorted. I started changing out of my tee shirt and shorts in order to put on pajamas.

"Can you please be neat. Pick your clothes up," Claire asked, picking up the bra I just threw on the floor in order to wear a sports bra instead.

"Merlin," I muttered, snatching it from her.

"Are you leaving soon?" she asked, eyeing my bags.

"In an hour," I nodded, pulling on a new tee shirt. It was pretty awesome; it had the Weird Sisters on it. I then pulled on a pair of shorts and put my hair into a bun.

"I want to go a day early," she sighed.

"Look, you're an actual first year. You're supposed to be sorted with the rest and what not. I am not. I'm a fourth year, and it would be extremely weird if I was with all of the first years."

"Yes, I know. I'm still jealous."

"Here," I tossed her a sparkly bubble bath potion, rather than my bath bomb which is considerably nicer. Still, Claire smiled and bounced excitedly.

"Thanks!" she chirped and then went off to bathe. I gathered all of my stuff and levitated it down the stairs.

"Have everything?" mom asked as I reached the living room.

"Think so," I set everything down and made sure I had all of my earrings in.

"Got all your accessories?"

"That bag," I nodded to it, fixing an earring back.

"Good, good. Want a snack before you go?" she asked and I sighed in annoyance, but nodded. She went into the kitchen and came back with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. I smiled slightly and took the plate.

"I know we don't get along very often, but I want you to know that I love you. I'm so anxious about letting you go to school," she put her hands on my shoulders.

"Mom, there's been no sign of Voldemort. Besides that, it's been so long I doubt he'd come after me just to get back at you."

"Well, darling, we did something pretty awful," she sighed, pulling me down onto the couch with her.

"Do tell," I bit into a strawberry.

"Your father and I left the Death Eaters before he was destroyed and took something very valuable from him. Something he is going to be looking for if he ever returns. Now, there are wards around the house preventing him from ever getting in. So naturally, if he ever wanted to, he couldn't get to us. However, now that you'll be going beyond the house's wards..."

"Mom, Hogwarts has wards, too. Besides, wouldn't he take Claire instead? She's younger and likes you more. Not only that, but I want to be on his side."

"Leah," mom winced.

"Please, just stop," I sighed.

"Right. Well, darling, I do love you," she hugged me tightly and I nodded.

"Love you, too, I suppose."

"Good enough for me," she smiled, wiping away a few stray tears. I set aside my now empty plate of strawberries and stood up.

"I'll be off now," I said, hugging mom and dad.

"Stay out of trouble," Dad said.

"I won't," I gathered all my things and stepped into the Floo, heading over to Uncle Sev's. I stepped out of the fireplace and looked around, not seeing him. I did, however, hear voices in the kitchen. I set my things down and made my way down the hall, stopping when I heard an interesting bit of conversation.

"We're the only two who know, besides Bella, but she's in Azkaban."

"We don't know that for sure. We have no idea who Clementine and Lamoure told after they betrayed him. They could have told the aurors for protection!"

"Severus, do not do this."

"She needs his protection."

"She is fine!"

"Not if the aurors know!"

I raised my eyebrows and peeked around the corner to see Lucius Malfoy and Uncle Severus sitting at the table.

"Ah, Leah," Uncle Sev stood, ushering me over.

"Leah, this is Lucius Malfoy," he introduced, flicking his hand so another tea cup was placed on the table. The tea pot then poured itself and Uncle Sev handed me the cup.

"It's your favorite," he said and I nodded, taking a small sip.

"Thank you. It's nice to meet you, Mister Malfoy," I inclined my head.

"Ah, yes. Miss Leah Loveland. Draco mentioned running into you at Diagon Ally. He seemed quite taken with you," Lucius smirked.

"Yes, well, who wouldn't be?" I smiled tightly and Uncle Sev sighed.

"Sit, Leah. I have something for you," he said.

"Is it a present?" I asked slyly and he chuckled.

"A belated birthday present, yes."

"Awesome!" I sat down and glanced over at Mister Malfoy suspiciously. Severus left the room momentarily and I stared down at my tea.

"So," I put on my best poker face and looked up at him, "what were you and Uncle Sev talking about?"

"I do believe that isn't any of your business," he raised an eyebrow.

"I believe it is since you mentioned my parents."

"Stop asking questions, Leah," Sev walked back in with a plain silver box. I eyed it and Sev placed it in front of me.

"Go on," he gestured and I stood, gripping the lid and slowly pulling it off. My eyes widened in surprise and I gasped slightly.

"She's gorgeous," I breathed. In the box sat a beautiful baby snake.

"Claire and I picked her out. We weren't actually getting ice cream," he smirked.

"You lied to me, how could you?" I joked, smiling brightly at the snake.

"It'll tear me apart for the rest of my life," he drawled, "now what are you naming her?"

"Hydra, I think," I said, tilting my head slightly.

"Thank you," I looked up at him and he nodded.

"You are very welcome. There is one condition," he said and I groaned.

"You must write to your parents at least once a week. You know they're terrified and I don't need them harassing me because you won't write them. There are owls at the school you can use."

"Fine," I muttered.

"Good."

"Can I take her out?" I asked, looking back at Hydra.

"Not in the kitchen. Go on up to your room, you know where it is. She doesn't need a cage, assuming you plan on wrapping her around your hand when you're not in class and letting her roam around when you are," he said and I nodded.

"She'll come back if I let her roam?"

"Of course. We both know you have the ability to speak to snakes; you'll quickly bond."

"Thank you so much. I'm going to head to bed now, okay? Night Sev...Mister Malfoy," I gently picked up the box and went to my room.

***

"Did you sleep well?" Severus asked as I came downstairs the next morning.

I scoffed and shook my head, "Of course not. You know Sev, I really wanted to attend Beauxbaton."

"You wanted to go to school with Pansy," he didn't look up from the Prophet.

"Yeah, but I've realized Harry Potter goes to Hogwarts and I hate him."

"Well, that is a valid reason to not want to go to Hogwarts," he smirked and then stood.

"Do you have all of your things?"

"Yes," I waved my hand and my bags appeared next to me. Sev pointed his wand at them and they disappeared once more.

"They're awaiting you at Hogwarts, along with Hydra. Come along," he held his arm out and I grabbed it. I closed my eyes as Sev apparated us to the front gates of Hogwarts. He pushed the gates open and I saw an elderly woman walking up to greet us.

"Severus," she nodded.

"Minerva," he nodded back.

"You must be Miss Loveland," she said and I nodded. She seemed very stern so I aimed to be as polite as possible.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Pleasure to meet you. I know your parents well. Please call me Professor McGonagall. Now, if you will follow me up to the castle, we will introduce you to the Headmaster and get everything sorted."

Severus put his hand on my back as we headed up to the castle. I think he's secretly just as nervous as I am. If I get anything but Slytherin, I think he would disown me. Hell, I'll disown myself. When we reached the Entrance Hall I peered around, admittedly intrigued by the castle. It was gorgeous.

"How many flights of stairs are there?" I asked in outrage as we went up the first flight. Peering upwards you could see what seemed like endless flights of stairs, half of which were moving around. McGonagall smiled slightly and glanced up.

"There are seven floors as well as several towers such as the west and east towers, the astrology tower, and the north tower which holds the Divination classroom."

"But all the staircases are changing," I frowned.

"Indeed, they are. You'll get used to it and eventually learn your way around."

We reached a gargoyle statue and came to a halt.

"Lemon Drops," McGonagall said and the statue moved aside to reveal a staircase.

"This way," she said and we followed. Upon reaching the top, we stopped at a door and waited until given permission to open it. When we entered the office, my eyes were drawn to portraits of previous headmasters. I scanned the walls before finally settling my eyes on the current, living and breathing Headmaster. He looked at me with a twinkle in his eyes and smiled.

"Hello, Miss Loveland, my name is Albus Dumbledore. It's such a pleasure to meet you. I am glad that Lamoure and Clementine agreed to let you attend Hogwarts this year."

"As am I," I nodded.

"Wonderful. Now, I feel that it is necessary to discuss the test scores Professor Snape sent over to us for evaluation. You are far above the skill level of a fourth year."

"My mother taught me well, in addition to...Professor Snape. She went above and beyond his curriculum," I lied through my teeth. Sev and I knew damn well that he's the one who taught me everything. However, if the Ministry found out he would get in serious trouble. He'd probably get fired. He isn't supposed to teach anything more than what I would be learning in school.

"Ah, I see. Well, I would recommend reigning in your abilities. The other students may not take kindly to someone so educated and, dare I say, powerful," he smiled.

"I understand," I nodded, although I felt highly irritated by this restriction.

"I also wish to review the fact that you will be going to school with Harry Potter. If you are sorted into Gryffindor, I would not recommend speaking of your parent's former alliance. If you have any photographs of them, please do your best to make sure none of them showcase their Dark Marks."

"Yes, sir," I said. As if I would be stupid enough to tell anyone that. As if I would be sorted into Gryffindor.

"Wonderful. Now are you familiar with our sorting system?"

"Not quite. Pansy mentioned a hat," I said warily.

"Indeed," Dumbledore smiled, "we have a sorting hat that can see everything in your mind and determine which house would suit you best."

I frowned and looked over at Sev in disdain.

"It simply gets a feel for your personality and magic. It's not as big of an invasion of privacy as it seems," he assured me. I nodded once and turned back to Dumbledore.

"Will I be doing that now?" I asked.

"Yes you will," he nodded, standing and taking a ratty looking hat off of a shelf behind him.

"Is that sanitary," I wrinkled my nose.

"Of course I am," a wrinkle in the hat moved, acting as a mouth as it spoke to me. I groaned, not at all surprised that it could talk.

"Are you ready, Miss Loveland?" Dumbledore asked, a laugh in his voice.

"I suppose," I muttered. He gently placed the hat on my head and I felt it settle in.

"Ah...yes. Dark magic runs through your veins," the hat's voice said in my head, "you have quite the potential. The next dark wizard, even, but you've got guts and brains. Very brave. Where to put you? Gryffindor...?"

Oh Merlin, not Gryffindor, I thought to myself.

"Not Gryffindor? Alright then, you ought to be...Slytherin!" the hat announced my house aloud. Sev smiled proudly and I smiled back.

"I knew it," I said and Dumbledore took the hat off, smiling at me once he sat down again.

"Very well, just like your parents. Minerva, if you please," Dumbledore held out his hands and she summoned a pile of clothes.

"Here is your school uniform, adorned with your house crest and colors," he showed me the sweater.

"And here is the tie you are to wear along with it," he set that on top of the sweater and then handed it to me.

"Thank you," I said.

"You are quite welcome. I think you will make very good friends in Slytherin; loyal ones, as you can imagine."

"Well, I've already got Pansy," I smiled politely.

"Ah, of course. How could I have forgotten Miss Parkinson? Well, Miss Loveland, I do believe that is all I have to brief you on. Professor Snape, would you like to give her a tour of the castle?"

"Certainly," Sev inclined his head.

"Thank you, Headmaster, Professor McGonagall. Have a nice day," I said and then followed Sev out of the room. 

***

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

8.4M 236K 100
❛And do you know what's the stupidest thing about this?❜ said Draco and made an aggressive step towards me. ❛That after all this,❜ he grasped my fore...
326K 5.6K 115
"Y/n, you know I would never hurt you," he took a step forward, but I kept stepping backward. "Yeah I know," I said hesitantly. "Then why are you bac...
7.8K 153 24
What if before voldemort killed harry's parents, he had a daughter? This daughter would be raised by the Malfoy for years, only learning magic from t...
1.1M 32.2K 48
Harry had lived an awful life so far first his abusive relatives then this huge man comes in and tells him he is actually a wizard and he will be att...