Leah Riddle (Book 1)

By xxShaylee3xx

(Series in Editing) "What's going on?" I turned to Severus. "We need your help. The Death Eaters," Barty said... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One

Chapter One

12.9K 140 13
By xxShaylee3xx

Please Read!!

Hi guys! For those who do not know this story was taken down back in 2016. It was set to be rewritten but unfortunately, that project was never finished. Since I already had some of the rewrite posted, I will keep that up. The original story starts Chapter 11 if you want to skip all of this and just read what I had up at the start. If you want to read what the rewrite could have been, then keep on reading! 

***

"Pass it over," Pansy Parkinson held her hand out, not looking up from her book. I threw her a cool glare and she winced before giving me a sheepish smile. I grabbed the lemonade pitcher and passed it to her, looking back at my book. My summer tutoring sessions were over for the season and I now had time to hang out with my best friend. See, my parents won't allow me to go to Hogwarts, I have to be homeschooled, but they do have the Parkinson's over quite often. Pansy is my only connection to the world of Hogwarts. She often gossips about the latest and greatest going on with Harry Potter and all of her Slytherin's. I would be in Slytherin if I could attend Hogwarts. However, my parents are ex death eaters and too afraid of Voldemort's return. They have my sister and I housebound.

"You know, I don't see why we call this fiction. All of this could happen. We're wizards," Pansy made a gesture towards me with her book. We were reading the story of a dark wizard taking over the entire world. It's older fiction, written far before Voldemort was born. This was probably written during Marvolo Gaunt's childhood.

"It's realistic fiction," I took a sip of lemonade.

"Realistic fiction?"

"Of a sort," I sighed, pushing my sunglasses up on top of my head.

"Well the day I see you take over the world, I'll believe that this is realistic fiction. Fucking dark wizards," she pulled her tank top off and wiggled out of her shorts.

"Let's go swimming, I'm sweating like a pig," she said and I nodded, shimmying out of my sun dress.

"Miss Loveland," a familiar voice drawled and Pansy rolled her eyes, quickly diving into the pool. I turned around and frowned, seeing Uncle Severus walking toward me in his classic black.

"I thought our summer session was over? Fall tutoring doesn't begin until September."

"You are correct. I'm simply here to bring you this," he handed me a letter and I raised an eyebrow.

"You an owl now, Uncle Sev?"

"Hardly," he smirked and I flipped over the letter to see the Hogwarts seal. I looked up at him curiously and he just nodded towards the letter. I ripped it open and began reading it, my heart beating rapidly.

Miss Leah Loveland,

It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been registered to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As it is your fourth year of schooling, but first year at Hogwarts, we ask that you arrive a day early to set your affairs in order. We wish you a happy summer and will see you September 1st.

Sincerely,

Albus Dumbledore.

Supply list:

Dress Robes (required for special occasions)

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 4 by Miranda Goshawk

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

I looked at Uncle Severus again and then back down at the letter.

"What?" I whispered.

"Your parents figured that if Claire was to be starting school, you should as well. It's time. There hasn't been any threat of Voldemort and they seem to be ready to send you off."

"Oh fuck yes," I smirked, my hair turning pale pink.

"Pansy!" I called and she swam to the edge of the pool, looking at me curiously.

"I'm going to Hogwarts!" I grinned wickedly.

"Oh my God!" she squealed and jumped out of the pool, throwing her arms around me.

"I'm so excited! I'll be able to hang out with you all the time now!" she smiled. I wrinkled my nose and pushed her away.

"Get your wet self off of me," I said and she scoffed.

"Oh shut up."

"Sev, when are we going supply shopping?" I called as he summoned a glass of lemonade for himself.

"Bright and early tomorrow, you only have a week until school."

"I'm so ready," Pansy and I shared mischievous grins.

***

"Leah! Come on," Claire whined as I braided my hair.

"Shut up," I snapped irritably. She moaned, falling back on my bed.

"Uncle Sev is going to be here any minute!"

"Get out of my room," I scowled.

"I want your opinion first."

"What?"

"Do my sandals match my dress?" she asked and I looked at her in my mirror. She wore a light pink sun dress with tan sandals.

"Yeah, of course," I nodded and she nodded back, standing up.

"Well, I'll go downstairs then," she said and I sighed in relief.

"Finally," I muttered, tugging on my own dress. After fixing my eyeliner and switching my hair from pale pink back to it's natural brown, I hurried down the stairs just as Uncle Sev flooed in.

"Severus," mom smiled, walking into the room.

"Hello, Clementine," he nodded.

"Now girls, I want you to behave for your Uncle Severus, especially you, Leah," mom sent me a stern look, throwing her sleek blonde hair up in to a pony tail. That's the thing about my family. They're all blonde haired and brown eyed. I'm the black sheep; I have dark brown hair and green eyes. Most of the time. I'm a metamorphagus, so I can change my appearance whenever I want, but I mainly stick to my natural features.

"I'm always well behaved," I stuck my chin up a little higher. Mom snorted and Uncle Severus raised an eyebrow at me.

"Shut up, Leah," Claire rolled her eyes and I shoved her.

"Stop it," mom immediately said.

"Can we go?" I asked impatiently.

"Come on," Severus held his hands out for Claire and I to take.

"Bye girls, have fun!" dad called, poking his head around the corner of the living room just before Uncle Severus apparated us away.

We appeared in the middle of the bustling streets of Diagon Ally and I smiled.

"Can I go off on my own?" I asked and Uncle Severus sighed.

"I suppose you can. You have money?"

"Yes."

"Alright then. Claire and I will be at Ollivander's and then Flourish and Blotts."

"I'll meet you at Madam Malkin's!" I said and disappeared into the crowd. I looked in all the shop windows and found my way into Scribbulus Writing Instruments. I browsed through the shelves, grabbing various lengths of parchment and several quills. I also grabbed some ink. After gathering all of those items, I moved on to the Flourish and Blotts to pick up my books. I glared at the group of giggling girls who were staring at me.

"Merlin are you pale enough?" one of them snickered as I walked by.

"Merlin are you bitchy enough?" I asked coolly and they all gave me disgusted looks.

"Piss off," I called over my shoulder and they made noises of outrage. I gathered my books and smiled slightly at the man behind the counter.

"Those girls are just jealous, dear," he said.

"As if I care," I scoffed and he smiled.

"That's a good attitude."

"You do you, darling," a younger guy winked at me as he rang up a different customer.

"Thanks," I raised an eyebrow, taking my purchases and heading over to Twilfitt and Tatting's. My mother loves shopping at this store. Very high end clothes. I suppose I can look for dress robes in there. Well, for a girl it would be a gown more so than robes. I walked in and the bell rang to signal that someone has entered the shop. The woman working the counter looked up and smiled.

"Hello, Miss Leah," she greeted.

"Hi Seraphina," I smiled back, heading over to the formal section. I found a cute pair of heels that I fully intend on buying, regardless of the gown that I may or may not find today. I found myself looking at cloaks which were next to the men's dress robes and I tilted my head, taking interest in a hooded, black velvet one. It's supposed to be a cold winter...it might be worth buying. My family can afford it anyway.

"Pick out a new cloak, darling," a woman said behind me and I barely glanced over my shoulder to see who it was. 

"That's beautiful," the woman said, coming up next to me to examine a cloak nearby.

"Sorry?" I asked.

"The cloak in your hand, dear. Very beautiful," she smiled slightly and I nodded.

"Yes, I agree."

"Do you attend Hogwarts?" she gestured to the books in my arms and my bags which contained my quills, parchment, and ink.

"Starting this year," I nodded.

"Oh?" she asked, slightly surprised.

"I've been homeschooled," I said, slightly turning away to look at a longer black, button up coat. The woman seemed very familiar to me. She held herself in a regal way, and her delicate, beautiful features were schooled into cool sophistication. She had very familiar platinum blonde hair. As I examined the coat it clicked.

"Oh! You're Narcissa Malfoy, aren't you?" I asked and she turned back to me with her eyebrows slightly raised. A boy walked up just then, new cloak in hand with a bored expression on his face. 

"I am," she nodded and the boy looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm Leah Loveland. My parents talk about you often," I smiled.

"Oh, you're their darling daughter!" she realized.

"Yes," I nodded and she smiled.

"It's so great to meet you! Are your parents here? I haven't seen them since before you were born."

"No, my Uncle Severus took my sister and I. They're getting her shopping done. She'll be a first year."

"Surely Severus isn't your biological uncle?"

"No, no, he's just very good friends with my parents."

"Well, let me introduce you to my son, Draco," Narcissa put her hand on his arm, pulling him forward slightly.

"Hello," he drawled.

"Hello," I nodded.

"Are you a fourth year?" Narcissa asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Fantastic, maybe you'll be sorted into Slytherin. I have no doubt that you'll take after your parents."

"Wait...are you the girl Pansy talks about?" Draco asked.

"Possibly. She's my best friend."

"I've heard tons about you," he rolled his eyes.

"All bad, I hope."

"Certainly," he smirked and I smirked back.

"Are you here for dress clothes?" Narcissa asked.

"Yes. I suppose I ought to find a gown rather than splurge items," I laughed, looking down at my cloak, coat, and shoes.

"Nonsense, splurging is good for your health," she winked and I smiled wider.

"I like the way you think."

We chatted for a little while longer before I went off to find a gown, with very little luck. I'll have to talk to my parents about contacting their designer friend. Maybe they'll get it for me as a Christmas present. I paid for my splurge items and waved to the Malfoy's as I left. I conjured my Patronus, which Severus taught me over the summer, and gave it a message.

"Send this to Uncle Severus: Where are you guys? I'm headed to Madam Malkins."

The silver phoenix ruffled its wings and then darted off to do my bidding. I began walking down the street while awaiting a response. I went to turn a corner when I ran into somebody, dropping my books.

"Pardon," I stepped back and then glanced at the boy and his friends. I immediately noticed the all too familiar glasses, and then of course, the scar. Harry bloody Potter.

"Sorry," he smiled and I narrowed my eyes.

"It's fine."

"Do you go to Hogwarts?" the girl asked, picking up a book I dropped.

"I will be," I snatched it back and she frowned. My phoenix returned just then and I turned to it, grateful for the chance to ignore the damn Golden Trio.

"Claire wanted ice cream. We'll be at Madam Malkin's shortly."

Severus's voice replied and I nodded as the phoenix faded away.

"Surely you aren't a first year?" the girl, Granger I think, asked as I went to step away.

"No."

"Her book says year four, Hermione," Potter muttered.

"As much of an honor it's been," I said sarcastically, glancing at Potter, "I really must be going."

Potter frowned at me and then glanced away as I glared harshly. I stepped away and brushed by them just as I heard the Weasley boy mutter "Purebloods" in disgust. I crossed the street towards Madam Malkin's and walked in.

"Hello," Madam Malkin looked up from tailoring a little boy.

"Hi, I'm here for Hogwarts robes?"

"Just a minute, I'm almost done," she smiled and I nodded. I looked over some of the displays she had until I heard the bell ring and Malkin came bustling over.

"Alright, now here we have the standard Hogwarts robes," she pulled me gently over to her tailoring station and then threw the robes on me.

"Now let's see here," she began working on the hem and I watched the people outside until Uncle Severus and Claire walked in.

"I wanted to go first," Claire whined and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being so childish."

"I am a child, I can be as childish as I want!" she stuck out her tongue and I hit her with a quick stinging charm in the ass.

"Ow!" she shrieked and Uncle Sev gave me a warning look.

"Leah, what did I say about using magic?"

"That even though I'm allowed to use it because I'm homeschooled, I should control myself until I'm seventeen?"

"Exactly. Although you also shouldn't use it to harm your sister," he said sternly and I sighed. Madam Malkin gave a chuckle and moved on to tailoring the sleeves.

"These aren't your kids, are they Severus?" she asked and he made a face.

"Certainly not."

"He's our uncle. Not by blood, he's just a close family friend," Claire said, sitting near us so she could watch.

"Alright, dear, you're all done," she pat my arm and I thanked her, taking off the robes and folding them over my arm.

"Get everything you need?" Uncle Sev asked as I went over to stand by him.

"I think so. Ran into Harry Potter," I wrinkled my nose.

"What an honor," Uncle Sev drawled and I smirked.

"I also ran into the Malfoy's."

"They recognized you?" he asked in surprise.

"No, no, I recognized Narcissa from old photos. Lucius wasn't there it was just her and Draco."

"Draco will be a good friend to have when you start school."

"Why?"

"He has great influence over the Slytherin's. You would do well to get on his good side," he advised as he handed me money for my robes.

"I would do just as well on my own."

"I don't doubt it. However, you need allies. You cannot expect to be in power without allies first, that's a fact."

"You know, Voldemort was very powerful even without allies."

"First of all, what did I say about saying his name in public? Second of all, he needed his allies in order to do something with that power."

"Fine," I scowled and he led us over to the cash register as Claire finished. I handed over my money and Uncle Sev grabbed our hands, apparating us home.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 833 73
"I'm sorry Gemini." The blonde said to me looking like he was about to cry. "Why? Why would you do this?" I said screaming at him and pushing him awa...
554K 6.7K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
48.8K 1.6K 19
Harry Potter. The only survivor when Lord Voldemort attacked his home. His parents died, the house was destroyed, but he made it, with nothing more t...
35 0 4
Adulation ❤︎ Excessive devotion to someone; Servile flattery. Born and raised as Severus Snape's daughter (Y/n) has quite the experience at Hogwarts...