Safe and Sound

By hazzaslover143

Waking up in a basement does nothing but frighten and confuse Nicole. She doesn't know where she is or what i... More

Safe and Sound
Chapter 2
Author's Note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Happy Father's Day
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
My New Story
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Author's note
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Get Ready!!
Chapter 54 -- PART 1; Conclusion
Chapter 55 --PART 2 CONCLUSION
Chapter 56
The Next Book
Its here!!!

Chapter 12

1K 23 5
By hazzaslover143

Chapter 12

IZZY'S POV

This has been one of the most stressful two moths I've ever been through. So much stuff has happened, and all they lead to is more questions. I'm so confused and now I'm questioning who I can trust. I'm just glad that I'm not going through all of this alone. I have the boys, Nicole, and now Kamaria to help me, or even be lost with me. Harry's been a real good help for me lately. He's always finding some way to make me smile or laugh. Like this morning, I wake up to room service knocking on my door and a note from Harry. Ah, I feel like a little kid when I'm with him. Like he makes me all giddy inside and I can't help but smile when he smiles. He even pinched my dimples. I died, I swear I died.

After I ate breakfast and Kamaria stopped teasing me about Harry, I showered and got dressed. I decided to wear my Hipsta Please T-shirt, jean shorts, and black Vans. I straightened my hair and put on a little eye liner and mascara to make my eyes pop. I left the room and took the elevator down to the lobby. And who was waiting for me when I got down there? Yep, it was Harry.

"Good morning, Isabel."

"Good morning, Curly." I said while poking his stomach. He then brought me into a hug that I became kinda lost in. He pulled away with a dimply smile on his face. He was wearing a Pink Floyd T-shirt, jeans, and his white converse.

"So are you ready to go?" he asked.

"Where are we going?" I asked. He told me he wanted to hang out, but he seems kind of nervous for some reason.

"It's a surprise." And with that, he took my hand in his and led me out the door into the Louisiana heat.

ZAYN'S POV

So Harry wont be joining us on our manhunt today because he's taking Izzy out on a real date. I'm proud of him. Im happy he's found a girl he really likes. I, on the other hand, have no idea where I should take Nicole. I have feelings for her, most I can't describe. I've never felt this way for someone before. Now that I think about it, I really don't know what to call us. We're definitely not friends, but she isn't my girlfriend. Though I want her to be.

But until I can figure all that out, we gotta handle this Jacob guy. I'm still incredibly pissed that he's the mole and was helping Hobbs. Jacob and I used to be really good friends back then. I wonder what changed him, made him want to do something like this. But I guess money can really change a person.

Anyway, Louis, Liam, Niall, Kamaria, and I were ready to leave until Nicole caught up with us.

"Where are you going?" she asked me.

"We're going back to the cabin. Kamaria tracked Jacob and he's still there." I answered her, hoping it was enough.

"I'm coming with you."

"What? Um, no Nicole. Just stay-"

"I'm not arguing with you. I'm going with you." she said back with confidence. I pulled her to the side.

"Are you sure you wanna come?" I asked. I really want her to reconsider. If I see Jacob, I just might kill him myself. And I'm not kidding. I don't want Nicole to see that side of me.

"This Hobbs guy has taken my life away from me. I can't go home to my old life. My dad is scared, even though he wont admit it. Everyones life is in danger because of me, and I can't shake the feeling that my mom is a part of all this." Nicole fired at me. I've never seen her this mad and freaked out before. She stepped real close to me so I heard her clearly.

"This isn't just my dad's fight, nor is it just yours or the boys or Izzy's. It isn't just my mom's. It's my fight now."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We pulled up to the cabin a half hour later. We were all on edge, especially Nicole. She was so determined to be here, and I honestly don't understand why. But I don't blame her after what she has gone through.

We walked up to the front door of the cabin. Liam pressed his ear to the door to hear any movement in the place, but he didn't hear a thing. Since the door was locked, Kamaria used her lock picking skills and got the door open in twenty seconds, her new personal best.

I walked in first, Nicole right behind me. The rest filed in one by one looking around the cabin. It was old and small, but a pretty nice place if it got fixed up. Niall and Louis checked the kitchen and bathroom, Liam and Kamaria checked the living room and bar, and Nicole and I went to check the bedroom.

"All clear!"

"Clear!"

I opened the door to the bedroom, and my eyes widened in shock. Nicole turned away, hiding her head behind my back. Lying on the floor in a pool of blood was Jacob. His throat had been slit, and he had a few cut wounds on his body, and his face was bruised. "Guys, I found Jacob."

"Where is the little- damn!" Louis said. A look of disgust spreading on his face.

"Aw hell naw!" Kamaria said, looking into the room.

We all stepped into the room and stood along the walls, trying not to touch anything. Nicole stopped hiding behind me and stood next to me. We all looked around the room to find anything else off.

"Well there is a sign of struggle." Niall stated.

"Do you think it was Hobbs's men?" Nicole asked.

Kamaria seemed to be examining something by Jacob's body and I tried to see what it was. There was a knife handle sticking out from under him. Kamaria used a tissue to pick up the knife to examine it.

"This is a nice one. Nice sharp edge for a clean cut. A person with experience would have a knife like this." Kamaria explained.

"So now we're looking for an experienced knife thrower?" Louis asked.

"Who said we're looking for the guy?" I asked. I took the knife from Kamaria to do my own examining.

"Hey, there are some letters on the handle. It says 'A.M.' Do you think it means something?" I asked. The letters were professionally carved into the handle, and I was thinking the letters could be someone's initials. Nicole took a look at the handle. Her eyes widened and she took the knife from me. "Nicole, what's wrong?"

"I know this handwriting. That's what's wrong." she answered. I wasn't following what she was trying to say. She saw the confused looks on our faces, then sighed.

"The initials 'A.M.' stand for Aubrey Meriweather. That's my mom's name."

IZZY'S POV

DING DING DING DING DING

"We have a winner!" The guy said behind the game counter.

I tossed the three balls into the toilet bowl and won. I threw my hands in the air and said "Yesssss!"

The guy gave me the turtle stuffed animal and I clutched it to my chest. I told him thank you and walked away from the booth with a smiling Harry by my side.

"Ok lets play this one." He said pointing at another booth. It was the game where you throw the ball and try to knocked down all three stacked bottles.

He gave the guy the money and he gave me the three balls. I've never played this game and I was a little nervous about it. I looked to Harry and he gave me a little wink. I turned back to face the bottles, wound my arm back, and threw the ball.

I missed the bottles.

I threw the second ball and hit only one of them. The guy restacked the bottles and I took a deep breath. I tries to stay focused but it was hard since I felt Harry's gaze burning into my back. I threw the ball again, only knocking down two bottles.

"Sorry little lady, you lose." The guy said. I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. I then felt Harry's large hand fall on my back and he leant in towards my ear.

"I got this, love."

My heart fluttered at his husky voice in my ear. He gave the guy more money and received the three balls. I stood a little straighter, paying attention to Harry. He studied the bottles intently before he looked at me over his shoulder. He flashed me a dimply grin before he threw the ball, knocking all three of the bottles over. I stood there jaw dropped.

"Winner!" The guy exclaimed, before handing him a stuffed tiger.

"Are you kidding me!?" I said while Harry was approaching me. Harry chuckled. He stared deep into my eyes before handing me his prize.

"For you." he said. I couldn't help but smile as I took the tiger in my hand. I brought the tiger up to Harry's cheek so it could give him a little kiss. He smiled at me, then took my small hand in his large one. We walked and looked around at the kids running around with their toys while their moms told them to calm down.

I spotted a house of mirrors and asked Harry if we could go. He said of course and we made our way to the entrance.

We walked through the entrance and it was really dark. I moved closer to Harry, and he held me closer to him. We came to the opening room that was covered floor to ceiling in mirrors. It was amazing. We saw our reflection in them all. Some made us look super tall, some super short, some stretched us out wide and some made our bodies swivel. We made goofy faces in them and ran through the mirror maze laughing. I was having so much fun, that I didn't realize I had ran off from Harry.

I couldn't see his reflection anymore and I started to panic.

"Harry?"

I got no answer and tried to run back. I couldn't remember what turns I took and since the walls were mirrors the task was very difficult.

"Harry!" I yelled, my heart racing. Next thing I know, a large pair of hands grabbed at my waist and a voice yelled "boo!"

I screamed and jumped and was about to knock the shit out of my attacker until I realized it was Harry. He was laughing so hard he couldn't breathe. I shoved his chest and hit him in his arm.

"Stop laughing!" I said, trying to contain my own laughter.

"You face was so funny, I swear!" Harry said between laughs. He was still holding me. His laughter died down when he realized it as well. We stood there staring at each other and I wondered if he was going to kiss me. But he didn't. I felt a little disappointed and before I pulled away, Harry trapped my face in his hands, and crashed his lips to mine.

I was a little surprised at it, but I kissed him right back. It was a sweet kiss that had my insides melting. His hands fell to my waist and mine around his neck. He pulled me closer, if that was even possible, to deepen the kiss.

He broke the kiss, and whispered five words that I wasn't really expecting to hear.

"Izzy, will you be my girlfriend?"

I stared up at him, a smile forming across my face.

"Yes." I answered him. I brought my lips back to his. They moved in sync against mine, and I felt Harry smile into the kiss.

"Hey, no PDA!" a parent yelled at us. We pulled away, slightly embarrassed and ran through the rest of the house. When we reached the end, we let out a laugh and continued to walk. He took my hand in his, entwining our fingers before he left a kiss on my lips.

"Lets go back to the hotel." He suggested. I nodded my head before I placed it on his shoulder.

(A/N) Yaaay! Izzy and Harry had their first real date AND they are a couple now! Next will be Zayn and Nicole. I just wanted to give my girl Izzy her little moment.

YOU'RE WELCOME IZZY 👌

Anywhore, I'll update again soon. Just bear with me please. Love y'all and goodbye!!

-Lauren xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 1.1K 41
Jen, an 18 year old girl is stuck at home alone. Her family died in a car accident last month leaving a gaping Hole in her heart. But when five boys...
10.8K 153 20
"Nicole, baby, happy birthday!" It was Ash. He strode right up to me, and planted a huge kiss on my lips. He let me go. I looked at Niall, and he qu...
55.8K 1.1K 25
Elizabeth Laversi, or Ellie as she calls herself, has nothing left to live for. After the loss of her brother and mother, the only person she has lef...
57.1K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...