My Dark Side

By Gigi1020

**Sequel to The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes the Sweetest** "People change, some people change for good, oth... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Quick Authors Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 Last Chapter + Epilogue

Chapter 11

1K 48 12
By Gigi1020

A:N/ Hey guys! :) Well first of all I want to tell you guys that you guys blew my socks off! Literally you guys did! Barely 10 chapters and this book already has more than 1,000 reads! Honestly you guys mean the world to me when you read my story and I am forever thankful! Writing means the whole world to me and with you guys reading it makes my life complete and happy! Literally, I swear if I were in front of all of you people that have read my books I would be giving you guys so many tearful thank you's! Honestly thank you so much for reading this book! Means entirely so much to me, and also I want to dedicate his chapter to Kahvi_Leppan for being such a great awesome person and reading this book and taking the time to leave a comment and her vote. Thanks a bunch hon! Love you and really appreciate it all your support <3 forever thankful.

Once again thank you guys!

Chapter 11

Pic of Jade on the side;)  ----------->

Jade P.O.V

I was right when I said Drake would freak out when I told him about Ashton. As soon as the words had come out of my mouth that I used to have a vampire boyfriend I wished I would've come up with a good lie to tell him.

Of course it was too late now.

When I told him about my ex vampire boyfriend he laughed shaking his head telling me to tell him the truth. Then as he saw how serious I was, he thought I was joking but doubt filled his worried tone, then he just groaned and shook his head over and over again asking me to please be joking with him.

When I said I wasnt he asked how it was possible I had a vampire boyfriend, or well, used to have a vampire boyfriend. When I explained to him how things had happened it was as if I hadnt explained at all, he kept asking me to repeat things I had already told him, asking me to explain things over and over again.

And for about the 10th time, I would have to explain to him all over again how things were, kind of like I'm doing right now..

"Repeat to me again what you just said Nicole" he demanded shaking his head looking at me with disbelief.

I sighed and frowned at him "Drake for the millionth time! I used to have a vampire boyfriend six months ago. We went out for six months also, thats why I was in vampire's lands. Because... because one of his friends saw me and I decided to say hello to him." I said sitting down in a huge boulder, I kept my eyes on him watching him pace back and forth shaking his head again and again.

"This doesnt make any sense! How long did you go out with that...leech?" he asked giving me a horrified expression.

I gulped and answered "six months"

"Six months! Six months?!" he repeated looking at me as if I had grown another head.

I nodded playing with my golden necklace "Yes six months!" I repeated impatiently.

"How was is possible Nicole?! A vampire boyfriend?! I dont get it!" he cried looking confused as hell.

I sighed again, an upset feeling formed in the pit of my stomach. "You dont chose the person you fall in love with Drake, it just happens" I answered.

"But with a vampire?! With a leech?! With your packs greatest enemy?!" he gasped when he said this looking at me horrified again "You...you've been betraying your pack!" he accused making a knot form in my throat.

His accusation stung, but he was right of course, I was betraying my pack all that time I went out with Ashton.

I nodded again "Yes" I replied simply.

"Nicole why?" he breathed staring at me with shock.

"Why? I dont why Drake, like I said, I fell in love with him, I didnt care about anything else other than us together."

"You didnt care that he was a vampire?" he groaned.

I shook my head "I didnt...to me it didnt matter that I was a human half werewolf and he was a vampire. I didnt honestly care at all....but he...he did" I frowned looking down at my hands.

"How did you two even meet?!" he asked still sounding surprised.

I took a deep breath as I was about to tell him the story about how Ashton and I had met. I decided to just...let it all out, to just tell someone else other than Tommy and Melissa the whole completey story of Ashton and I. I found myself wanting to lie to him, to just use a random lie and not tell him the whole truth about how Ashton and I met, I was ashamed of why we met, I didnt regret it, but Im not going to lie when I say Im ashamed of how it happened.

I looked at Drake and the curious interest in his eyes made me want to tell him the truth. The whole truth.

"Well dad and I didnt have the best relationship back then, we would fight a lot. Back then everything was very different-"

"How different?" he interrupted.

"Way different, dad wasnt the person he is now. He was more strict, more..serious with me, and one day...one day I just got so tired of pretending to being his perfect daughter, someone I wasnt. I was so sick of being someone I wasnt. I used to be the perfect daughter Drake. Doing homework all the time, helping in the house, speaking nicely to my parents, coming home punctually, I was living the life I didnt want to live. For once I wanted to be reckless, I wanted to just stop being the perfect girl my parents would see. One day dad and I got in a fight. A big fight... I decided to do something reckless, something to get me out of the picture... without me in the picture, dad mom and Tommy would be the perfect family and that was the only was I saw my dad being happy. Without me"

"Killing yourself? That was the way you saw your dad being happy right?" he guessed quietly, the horrified expression on  his face hadnt left once.

I nodded "Yes, I've tried killing myself more than one time Drake" I admitted feeling ashamed of it actually. Now that I looked back, I was always trying to kill myself...

"What happened then?" he asked settling himself down next to me.

"Well I had the brilliant idea of coming to vampire lands, to the forbidden lands. I knew if I trespassed the lands I would be instantly killed, and I did do it, I came here the night of the argument. I came here to get killed but when I trespassed the lands I was surprised to find no one founding me, I grew mad that not one single vampire found me, it made me feel weak and upset. I couldnt even do the simple task of killing myslef! How hard could it be? Life ends in just matters of someone blinking, so why couldnt I just die already? I remember just sitting there crying thinking over and over again the words my father had told me when we had argued."

Im sorry Jade.....but...I cant love something that hurt Elizabeth... the words echoed in the back of my head making goosebumps break out in my whole body, a chill ran down my back making me shiver slightly.

"Then?" Drake asked quietly.

I took a deep breath "A vampire found me, he.....he asked if I was okay. I thought he was going to do it, to kill me, but he didnt. Instead he told me to go home and he walked away from me leaving me alone again"

"Ashton?" he asked making me bite my lip and nod feeling my chest weight with a huge pain.

"Yes him" I said taking a shaky breath.

"He didnt hurt you?" he asked curiously and sounding surprised.

"No" I whispered smiling slightly as I remembered that night. How amazed I had been when I first saw how incredibly beautiful and handsome Ashton was. How he had stared into my eyes curiously.

"He didnt hurt me, I walked after him asking him why he wasnt going to kill me, he said he just wasn't going to kill me and it made me angry, it made me feel rejected, not desirable in a way. I remembered vampires loved blood so I did a stupid thing, I found a sharp rock and cut myself hoping to attract any other vampire other than him"

"And did you?"

"Yes I did, three other vampires followed my scent in less than 5 minutes, Ash-...Ashton he...protected me from those vampires, he didnt let any one of them hurt me. He saved my life" I smiled slightly at the memories.

"So what happened next?"

"Well he told me I shouldnt be going to vampire lands and once I was back home I realized I wanted to see him again, to thank him for saving my life. I had been quite in shock with everything that happened so I didnt get to thank him properly for saving me. This might sound crazy but...but something was telling me to go back and see him, to get to know the guy that saved my life. So I went back even though he had told me not to. I went back to thank him, and well since then....lets just say we started talking more and more. He took me out on a date and I remember being fascinated by him. I had never met a vampire before much more go on a date with one. I found everything about him exciting! He captivated my mind" I smiled shaking my head.

As I thought about the past I remembered something that stung my heart with pain, the first time I went back to the forbidden lands I had seen Ashton kissing with another person, he even admitted to me that night he was a player and I stupidly fell for his words when he said he would change for me. I shook my head at myself, wow even from the beginning Ashton had given me a hint he was a player. I should've known.

No Nicole, he wasnt a player...he loved you with all of his heart, my stinging heart told me making me sigh trying to ignore it.

"And how did that work out? How did no one notice his scent?" Drake asked sounding still surprised and fully interested now.

"He had a chemical" I answered.

"A chemical?" he repeated.

"Yes a chemical, it was like a perfume, he would spray it on and it would totally hide his scent so no one would know he was a vampire, not even werewolf's knew" I said.

"Dirty rotten creatures! Those would be great during battles!" he growled under his breath "Wait, and they didnt notice he didnt have a beating heart?" he asked sounding surprised suddenly.

I thought about his question "I guess werewolf's did, they obviously knew there was something different about him, but since they couldn't smell a vampire scent on him they never told him anything or messed with him." I answered honestly.

Well everyone except Andrew and his gang.

"So how would you guys see each other?" Drake asked.

"The first couple of weeks he would come to the school and pick me up, take me to lunch, take me to the park, to the movies, you know hangout. Then after it became more easier for us to see each other, sometimes he would come late at night to my house and we would just talk-"

"With your parents there?!" he interrupted.

I nodded "Yeah...ironic huh? A vampire was under the greatest alpha's roof talking to his daughter and he never once noticed" I smirked shaking my head, if dad really did found out he would get a heart attack of the anger!

"Sometimes I would come to the forbidden lands and go to his place, I preferred to go to the forbidden lands than having him come over here. It made me feel safer so it was mostly me coming over to the forbidden lands" I continued.

"And you never got caught?"

"Nope" I said popping the p. "We always made sure to be careful when we would see each other, it was honestly easier than it sounds" I shrugged.

"And....and it didn't bug you that he was a vampire?" Drake sighed speaking quietly.

I shook my head "I was in love with him Drake...I didnt care at all" I said honestly.

"Not even just a little bit? Didnt you feel bad you were in a way betraying your pack?" he asked.

"I never really did belong to the pack, I loved him too much to care about it, sure at first I would really think about it, I would feel guilty sometimes, but the guilt would fade away just by giving him one look" I sighed.  

"I still cant believe it Nicole! You went out with a....vampire!" he hissed the last word.

I nodded "Yes I did" I confirmed.

"For how long did you say you went out for?" he asked looking very still. He hadnt moved at all and if it werent for the casual moving of his chest up and down I would think he were a perfectly well built statue.

"6 months"

"6 months Nicole?! 6 months going out with a vampire!" he said sounding amazed.

I nodded "Yup...6 months" I sighed, the 6 most incredible months of my entire life!

"When did he ask you out?" Drake asked looking at me intently.

"I dont know, I never really did keep track how long we knew each other, maybe 2 months maybe." I answered honestly.

"2 months Nicole?! 2 months and you decided to go out with a vampire?!" he said loudly making me frown "What if he was a creep? What if all he wanted to do was play you?" he continued sounding angry making me angry "Drake it wasnt like that! I loved him! He loved me back! It didnt matter how much we knew each other for, all that mattered was how much we loved each other" I said fiercely.

"You make me sick!" he groaned shaking his head.

I frowned at him again and slapped his shoulder hard. "Im sorry! It's just that...I cant believe it Nicole! Vampires are cold hearted creatures! They dont know anything other than finding a neck to suck blood from and you...you actually had a vampire as a boyfriend!" he sighed shaking his head.

"Yes I did" I huffed, geez what was the problem!? I didnt say anything more because if I did we would end up arguing and I didnt want that.

"How did he ask you out?" he asked taking another deep breath.

I immediately looked down at my heart necklace and grinned slowly playing with my necklace again as I remembered "It was at the beach, he asked me out in the beach." I smiled happily "He put a lot of candles on the sand and they all spelled if I wanted to be his girlfriend, he put a roses around the candles making a huge petal heart. It was so perfect" I whispered getting suddenly a knot in my throat as I began to remember.

The perfect night, the wind blowing softly, the full moon high above making the ocean water shine, Ashton in front of me with an adorable nervous expression on his face, the rose he held out to me when he asked me to be his girlfriend, everything was just so damn perfect.

"You..... loved him?" he asked as if it was hard saying the words, his jaw had tightened as he waited for my answer.

"With every inch of my heart"

"You didnt care at all that he was a vampire who killed people Nicole?" he asked making me turn to him with a thoughtful expression, hmmmm did I? I never actually thought about it, I mean, I knew he had killed people before in the past but I never really put into thought that.

"Well he stopped killing people when he started going out with me" I said honestly. I never actually knew if he did stop, but I believed him and I trusted his word.

At least I used to.

"Did he give you that?" Drake asked holding out my golden necklace.

I smiled and nodded "Yeah, for Christmas" I answered quietly, he gave me other things too but he took them away from me, I said in my head.

"You saw each other in Christmas too?"

"Yeah, I came over to his house late at night so we could spend it together"

"All alone?"

I just nodded not saying anything.

"You must've really loved him if you went to his house all alone"

"I did, it's funny how someone can break your heart but you still love them with all the little pieces."

"Hmmm.....And you werent scared of him?" he asked.

I smiled and shook my head "Not really, I was too fascinated by him to think of the fear. Sure I knew he was a vampire, at any second if he had wanted to he could've snapped my neck and killed me, but there was something about him....something that made me feel safe when I was with him, something that made me want to go more and more with him. I just needed to see him again and again."

"So what happened then? If you loved him so much then why arent you together anymore?"

I snapped my eyes to his and smiled sadly "Things just didnt work out anymore" I lied looking down at my hands with a frown.

"He left you?" he guessed.

I nodded slowly after a while "He....he said...well, that he didnt love me anymore" I said barely above a whisper, it hurt to say it.

"What happens when he's your Romeo, but you're not his Juliet?" I tried to smile weakly at him.

"And so he left you heartbroken" he stated more than asked.

I nodded with a frown "Yeah" I said with a shaky voice "He...left me" I repeated sadly, you could tell by the tone of my voice how upset I was. I sighed, sometimes I felt like everyone else in the world was happy except for me. I felt like I was trapped, like I was the only one who was empty inside.

"So thats why these past 6 months you've been like that, you werent traumatized about what happened to you with...with the guys that hurt you. You were depressed because he left you" Drake said making me turn to him frowning.

Wow...he figured things out rather quickly.

"Am I correct?" he asked giving me a weak smile.

I didnt answer, I just stared at him for a while not knowing what to say.

"The reason why you feel empty inside....is because he left you heartbroken right? The reason why you sometimes seem to just stare off into space, is it because you're thinking about him? When you wake up in the middle of the night crying, its because you had dreams with him right? When you say you hate something, its because it reminds you of him, the reason why you hang out with bad people, the reason why you stopped doing everything you loved, why you push away any feeling at all, its because you're trying to forget him right?" Drake said staring into my eyes the whole time he said that.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"6 months ago he left you Nicole, and you haven't gotten over him yet?"

"It's not as easy as it seems. It sucks when you know that you need to let go but you cant....because you're still waiting for the impossible to happen" I sighed sadly finding my voice.

"How did he brake up with you?" he asked making me gulp sadly.

"He...uh...well...he just called me on day a week after our sixth month anniversary and said he needed to tell me something, when I got to the forbidden lands to see him, it was as if....as if he were someone else Drake. The Ashton I knew was gone replaced with a cruel emotionless one, he broke up with me even though I begged him not to.. I begged him to stay with me but he said it was better if I forgot about him, he took away everything Drake...everything..." I whispered barely audible.

I heard Drake growl and he said something under his breath.

"He took everything?"

"Everything, everything he had ever given me, everything we shared, all the drawings I did of him, all the pictures I had with him, anything that could remind me of him, he took everything...including my heart" I frowned down at my hands, tears forming in my eyes as I replayed Ashton's words in my brain when he broke up with me.

"Jade dont look for me....dont call me...just dont try at all. I'm moving, I'm leaving the country today, in a couple of minutes in fact" he continued making my eyes pop open in more shock! What?! He was leaving for sure?! Today!? "No please dont..!" I whispered weakly, my throat was begging me to let the sobs out. "I' am Jade, so dont risk yourself coming to vampire lands because I wont be here. I wont be here anymore" he said looking at me almost warningly.

"Ashton...dont...dont leave me" I chocked out close to tears.

"I'm sorry Jade...our love...it cant be" he answered looking at me with a sad smile.

I shook my head forcefully "Please..please dont leave me!" I whispered at him trying to control myself from crying all over again.

"Goodbye Jade" he said.

"NO! No Ashton dont do this to me!" I pleaded closing my eyes, letting tears fall down my face again as panic took over me..he was leaving...leaving me.

"Take care Jade...you promised"

I opened my eyes and stared at the beautiful vampire who had taken my heart. He gave me one final look before turning around. And in a blink of an eye... He was gone....Gone forever

I gulped and cleared my throat looking down at my hands again frowning with pain, it still felt as if it were yesterday when that happened. The whole thing played out in my head as if it had been just a couple of hours ago that happened. I could still see Ashton looking at me with no emotion, I can still remember feeling the sadness in me, the realization that hit when he was gone.

The pain was making its way to my chest pushing it down making it hard to breathe as I fought to not remember.

I gulped and turned to Drake, why had I told him everything? Better question is why was I comfortable telling him everything? I stared at him waiting for him to react, to start yelling at me furiously that he was going to tell my father about this.

But he didnt, he just stared at me back and asked another question looking as if we were talking about the most interesting subject in the world.

"And since then you havent seen him again?" he asked quietly and carefully.

I stared at him kind of surprised that he was asking another question. I opened my mouth to answer him honestly, I didnt know why I was being so honest with him, it kind of scared me to be telling him everything. Everything that Tommy and Melissa knew, but I found myself doing it anyways.

I shook my head "No....I only see him in my dreams" I whispered in an instant remembering how I thought I had seen him last night, but it was only my imagination.

"Im sorry he left you Nicole" he said quietly after a while.

I shrugged and bit my bottom lip sighing "It's alright" I whispered as tears welled in my eyes.

"You miss him" he started more than asked.

"Y-...yes" I whispered again

One single tear dropped from my eye making me angry, I shouldnt be. I shouldnt be missing him. I should be getting over him.

"Nicole you shouldnt" he whispered back making another miserable tear drop from my eye "I know" I whispered back to him swapping away the tears that were rolling down my cheeks.

"Do you hate him now?"

"No...I dont hate him for not loving me, I hate myself for still loving him"

Drake raised my chin turning me to him slowly, I watched him with teary eyes, his eyes were tender and sympathetic as they wandered on my face. "Im sorry Nicole" he said again giving me a sympathetic smile. My stomach clenched and I felt it flutter making me blush and my heart skip a beat.

I stood up and shook my head "It's fine, Im sorry" I sniffled giving him a weak smile and wiping away my eyes.

"Sorry for what?"

"For always crying" I replied letting out a forced laugh.

"You shouldnt apologize for crying shortie" he frowned.

"Crying is weak"

"No it's not Nicole," he stood up standing in front of me raising my chin again so I was staring into his dark eyes "Crying doesnt indicate that you're weak. Sine birth it has always been a sign that you're alive" he whispered leaning forward into my face. I stopped breathing, the air cached in my throat making me freeze and stare up into his eyes.

He inched his face closer, so close I could feel him breathing on my face, it was as if his body heat was radiating into me.

"Drake-" I whispered looking down at my feet, his lips touched my forehead gently sending tingles and shivers everywhere in my body making me bite my lip hard.

Holly $hit was he really going to kiss me just right this second? I gulped feeling my stomach flutter again at the thought of it and I fought desperately so my heart would stay beating and not thumping hard like it wanted to.

He pulled back wrapping his arms around my waist, "Im sorry for everything you had to go through Jade" he whispered. I didnt even bother telling him to call me Nicole, just for this time I let him call me that and I put my head on his chest listening to his heart beating. We both stayed silent for a few minutes, neither of us saying anything at all. My tears had dried up, I felt warm and safe but still nervous.

Now that I had told Drake everything what would he think?

"Drake....please....dont tell anyone what I just revealed to you" I pleaded praying he wouldnt.

He was silent for a moment making me tense up with nerves, when I was about to pull back he spoke and held me tighter to him not quite letting go "Dont worry shortie, I told you you could trust me, and I will keep up that promise" he whispered pulling back giving me an adorable smile.

I felt myself smile back at him gratefully and I hugged him tightly relaxing instantly "Thank you Drake" I sighed relieved.

"No worries shortie" he smiled wiping away another tear that fell down my cheek "No more crying alright? He was past, you should focus now on your future" he said looking at me almost pleadingly.

I nodded and tried to smile "Yeah, I've been trying to do that for a while now" I joked humorlessly.

"How about I distract you for a while? Get you happy?" he asked suddenly getting an excited look on his face.

I shook my head amused at his sudden change of mood "Distract me? How?" I asked.

"Let's go watch a movie together, I'll take you out on a date" he said excitedly.

"A date?" I gulped.

His smile went away quickly and he cleared his throat "Uh..well not a date, but you know..uh-" he stuttered making him look really cute when he was nervous.

I had to smile at the way he rubbed his neck nervously and looked at me apologetically.

Come on Jade just say it! Do it! Tell him you are dying to go out on a date with him, my heart begged.

But what if he digs deep down into your heart? Like Ashton did? This is how it all started, with one single date. What if he hurts you like Ashton did? What are you going to do then, my head contradicted.

Whats life without risks? My heart said, Im all broken up already, a little more damage wont do anything more.

My head and heart constantly fought and whenever I listened to my heart everything always came out wrong, but this time I dont know why I really wanted to listen to it.

I smiled weakly at Drake and nodded "A date to the movies sounds nice" I replied wishing with all my heart this wouldnt end up wrong.

Drake P.O.V

"Let's go watch a movie together, I'll take you out on a date" I said the words before I could think about what I was actually saying.

"A date?" Nicole replied a little quietly looking at me kind of sick.

I felt my heart sink a little and I wanted to slap myself!

Prick! Stupid stupid, she just told you she's still in love with her ex leech boyfriend and here you come up with taking her on a date?! What kind of idiot are you?!

"Uh..well not a date, but you know..uh-" I stuttered nervously not really coming up with anything. Damn it Drake why are you stuttering now?

I rubbed the back of my neck just wishing I could've kept quiet and not suggested anything at all!

"A date to the movies sounds nice" she said suddenly giving me a small smile.

Hope filled me and I had to grin at her "Really?" I asked wondering if she was just accepting my suggestion just so it could stop being awkward.

She smiled more and nodded "Yeah sure, but you have to buy the popcorn" she said giving me a teasing look making my wolf practically growl with happiness!

"Of course shortie" I laughed throwing my arm around her back and leading her away from the waterfall.

"Wait shit Nicole! You still stink like vampire" I blurted letting go of her feeling nauseous again.

Shit Drake! You keep being a prick, my wolf reminded me making me grin sheepishly and turn to her hoping she hadnt gotten offended with my little comment.

She looked at me with a smile and blushed looking down at herself "Sorry, I guess I should sort of uh...wash of at the waterfall?" she asked me making me laugh "Just so you dont make anyone else suspicious" I told her watching her as she walked back to the waterfall with me following closely.

I stayed near a tree leaning on it casually watching her as she took off her hoodie and threw it to me. I smiled and cached it easily watching her as she went to the water and began splashing water on her arms.

I still couldnt believe it! It was hard to believe that she had actually went out with a vampire! What was more unbelievable was that no one never caught her!

Of course I wasnt going to tell anyone about this and even though I hated vampires I wasnt going to judge Nicole for going out with one. I couldnt believe it myself and I was for some reason dying to meet the famous Ashton who had made her fall in love with him.

I scrunched my nose as I thougth about it, how in the world did she ever fall in love with a leech?! They were cold hearted creatures! Total opposite of us!

I shook my head, I had a million questions to ask her yet I didnt want to sound nosey. I was mostly bugged by the idea that she still was in love with a vampire.

I shuddered...a vampire! How crazy was that?! It was as if I were to fall in love with a vampire girl, the simple idea brought chills to me and made my wolf scoff in disgust.

I watched Nicole as she was washing her arms rubbing on them, I stared at her realizing why that vampire must've fallen in love with her also, that is if he really did ever love her.

Nicole was very beautiful, in a sweet innocent type of way. She gave you the impression she was a sweet little mysterious angel. An angel that you wanted to keep protected and safe.

I stared more at her realizing that if her skin was a bit paler she would totally pass as a vampire. I shook my head, even though I hear vampires are really beautiful Nicole would be astonishing.

I smiled as I watched her, half of myself feeling like a creep because I couldnt keep my eyes of her, but the other side felt totally amazed. I had always thought she was very pretty, but now that I kept my eyes on her I noticed she was very beautiful.

I smiled again, she must've really felt something for that vampire of hers if they went out for 6 months. I still couldnt believe it! How did the alpha's daughter fall in love with a vampire?!

A vampire!

I shook my head still unable to comprehend all of it.

Maybe he was very good looking?

Naa, Nicole didnt seem to go for the looks.

Maybe rich?

Nope, not that one either.

Stop thinking about it too much Drake, he probably really did love her a lot and thats what made her love him back, my wolf said.

Yeah but a vampire? Thats kind of...odd, I replied trying to find the correct word to describe their love.

I was fully interested in knowing more about that famous vampire and how he was able to gain the alpha's daughter heart. I wanted to see him and ask him why he had left her, she said he didnt love her anymore and I couldnt see how that was possible.

Who could stop loving someone like her?

She was very adorable and beautiful, and even though she tried to act tough but you could see she was really a sweet girl.

In the week I had spent with her she had already somewhat captivated my mind.

I had this weird feeling that made me want to protect her from anything that could possibly hurt her. I loved seeing her smile at me, giving me that grateful look she always did, I loved hearing her laugh and joke around with me. If there was something that I really liked doing with Nicole was making her laugh.

Wow Drake, what are you turning into? A pussy whiped corny guy, my wolf asked feeling somewhat confused.

I was feeling things I should only be feeling for a mate and my werewolf was becoming more and more confused as each day I thought more and more about Nicole. Each night when I layed in bed I went to sleep picturing her smiling at me...

I widened my eyes at myself and shook my head. Geez I was totally turning into a creep!

"Hey, is that good enough?" Nicole asked walking towards me interrupting my thoughts. I smiled at her and nodded "Uh yeah, thats...good" I stuttered feeling myself like an idiot.

Why are you stuttering now Drake? Get a grip, I told myself smiling.

"So ready to go to the movies?" I asked trying to change the topic.

"Yeah, I havent been to the movies in so long" she said, I smiled at the way her eyes lit up. "How long?" I asked taking passing her the black hoodie she had given me.

"Um...a while" she replied looking at me sheepishly.

I frowned a little probably guessing the correct answer to that "Since Ashton left you right?" I asked her.

She frowned a little and sighed "Drake can you please not mention his name?" she asked me making a little puppy face which melted my heart immediately and distracted me from anything around.

"Uh yeah sure...why?" I asked watching as her eyes dropped to the floor.

"You know, it kind of doesnt help with the whole getting over him thing" she answered.

Oh shit, damn it Drake there you go again just screwing everything up as usual. "Oh uh yeah of course, sorry shortie" I apologized.

She game a small smile and wrapped one arm around my waist as we walked from the waterfall.

I felt a small shiver run down my spine were her hand was placed and I tried to not show how badly I wanted to press her small frame against my body.

I frowned at myself, what was going on with me? First I was having weird thoughts and now I wanted to press her against me? Geez I was being stupid, not to mention the little kiss I was planning on giving her.

I smiled slightly, I was actually really hoping she would give me a small little kiss but at last moment she turned away. I was hoping to get to feel those soft looking lips on mine, to feel what it felt like to kiss her.

I growled internally, I had to stop being dumb and get a grip! I wasnt here to kiss Nicole I was here as her bodyguard, I came here to do a job not to be fooling around with her! I had to stop being a fool and get my game on making sure to be her bodyguard and nothing else.

"So what movie do you want to watch?" she asked me looking at me curiously.

"Whichever you want shortie, you pick this time" I answered smiling as excitement reached her eyes.

Hmmm maybe she really hadnt gone out in 6 months. Last time I took her to the mall with me I could see her wanting desperately to go to the stores and look at the clothes, but she refused even though I told her to go.

Three scents hit my nose making me snap my head up to the direction they were coming from, Nicole next to me seemed to stiffen and I turned to her reassuringly "Dont worry you dont stink like a leech anymore" I teased flicking her nose making her stick out her tongue at me and smile weakly.

"It's Gericho and his mate" she told me quietly getting a sad look on her eyes, she gulped and bit her bottom lip looking extremely hot, did she not know what she did to me when she did that? Did she not notice the way I would stare at her after?

 I forced my eyes to look away from her lips and into the direction from were the scents were coming from.

We kept walking and as we did Nicole kept taking deep breaths and kept gulping making me eye her questioningly. I knew for a fact Gericho was Jake's Beta, he had introduced me to him a couple of days ago and I thought he was a pretty cool funny guy so I wondered if it was his mate who Nicole had a problem with?

The couple appeared in front of us, both smiling widely at a little baby Gericho had in his arms. Gericho himself didnt even look up at us, the woman next to him who I suppose was his mate smiled widely, she smelled a lot like Gericho making my assumptions correct, she was his mate, she was very pretty and of course both of them looked young but I knew Gericho was a couple of years younger than Jake.

 Nicole next to me gripped the back of my shirt digging her fingers in the side of my stomach. I squeezed her shoulder reassuringly wondering why she seemed so tense.

"Jade" Gericho's mate gave her a sad smile but her eyes were happy. She flickered her eyes to me and gave me a little nod. I nodded back smiling.

"You must be Jade's bodyguard I assume right? Jake has told us about you, it's a pleasure to finally meet you" she said to me not even letting Nicole speak back.

I nodded and held out my hand shaking her warm hand in mine "Drake ma'am" I said warmly.

"I'm Lily, Gericho's mate" she said smiling widely as she looked at him.

Gericho smiled at me "Hello Drake" he said nodding, "Hello Gericho, how is everything going?" I asked to be polite but really wondering why he hadnt even said hello to Nicole or even acknowledged she was right next to me.

"Quite good thank you, we're heading over to the waterfall" he said smiling.

I nodded "You're in luck, we're just coming back from there and there is no one there so the place is all yours" I said politely making him nod again.

"H-hi G-gericho" Nicole said quietly next to me.

Both Lily and Gericho turned to her, Gericho looking at her more surprised than Lily making me frown confused, they both looked at her as if it were a miracle she could speak.

"Hello Nicole" he answered back rather coldly.

"How...have you been?" she let out a deep breath making curiosity spark in me more, why did she seem so tense? Afraid even.

"Good, how about you? I see your speaking now" Gericho commented making me frown more.

"Dear" Lily slapped his stomach lightly giving him a glare.

Nicole cleared her throat looking away uncomfortably, her cheeks blushing slightly and her eyes flickering down to the baby he was holding.

"Can...can I see your baby?" she asked giving him a hopeful smile.

Gericho didnt stop looking surprised but he seemed to compose clearing his throat and looking over at Lily who nodded enthusiastically "Why of course dear!" she said happily grabbing the little bundle from Gericho's arms and passing it to Nicole who let go of me and held out her arms, I could see she was shaking slightly making her bite her bottom lip more.

Lily placed him in her arms gently with a wide smile "We named him after you honey, well not quite because we had to make some accommodations" she laughed "But his name is Nicholas Sean"  she said his name proudly.

"Thats a pretty name" Nicole smiled looking down at the cute baby, he really was cute. Big brown eyes and he looked a lot like Lily with brownish hair.

"You think so hon?" Lily asked smiling widely eyeing Nicole, it seemed that she wanted to keep Nicole talking.

She nodded "Yeah, he's really cute too. Im glad  he looks like you and not like Gericho" she teased lightly snapping her eyes to Gericho's.

He was staring at her carefully, as if trying to figure out something.

Nicole quickly blushed and cleared her throat looking down at the baby again "Hi Nicholas, Im you're auntie Jadey baby. You're so cute" she cooed grabbing his little hand, her eyes seemed to melt when he wrapped his hand around one finger. She smiled widely and gave him a little kiss on the forehead.

I smiled as I watched them, she really did look cute holding that little baby, the way her wavy hair fell down her face onto Nicholas's was very cute.

She cleared her throat again and looked at Lily smiling "He's really cute Lily, you should bring him more often" she said passing him to her carefully. "I'll be glad to dear" she replied with a smile.

Nicole nodded and came back to my side putting her arm around me again gripping my side tightly, I wrapped my arm around her reassuringly and noticed she was trembling slightly.

"It was nice seeing you Lilly....you too..Gericho" she said quietly risking a glance at him.

"You too Nicole" he replied without smiling.

"Goodbye dear and take care. I'll talk to you soon okay?" Lily smiled giving me a smile also and nodding.

"Bye, it was nice meeting you" I told her smiling at both Gericho and her.

"Bye Lily" Nicole said as we walked away.

Nicole was all tensed up and I waited until we were about a good 5 minutes away from Gericho and Lily before speaking "Ok what was that about?" I asked her.

"What?" she asked giving me an innocent look.

I smiled "That? With you and Gericho? You dont like him or something?" I asked

She shook her head "It's not that, it's just that..." she trailed of sighing.

"What?"

"It's a long story" she looked at me. I smiled at her and nodded "We have a long day" I replied back making her smile again.

"Well you see when....Ashton..left me I shut down on everyone else, I grew very...well depressed. I didnt talk to anyone at all except for Tommy of course, I hated going out, I preferred to stay in my room just in there the whole day long. My parents couldnt figure out what was wrong with me, I wouldnt speak at all. I didnt want to. They tried making Gericho try and get me to talk. Gericho and I had a very close relationship. Dad and him are very close friends so he was kind of like an uncle to me, a person who I could talk to always and joke around with. We were very close" she smiled weakly.

"So what happened?" I asked.

"Well when he couldnt get me to talk either and tell him what was wrong I guess he grew kind of disappointed not even I could speak to him. I guess it kind of offended him in a way that I wouldnt speak thim either. He grew mad at me I guess, he was just...hurt that I wasnt even speaking to him. Not even to my favorite uncle. He wouldnt give up though, he tried talking to me trying to get me to speak and everytime he said something to me I would ignore him. I havent really talked to him in six months until now" she confessed her cheeks turning a bright pink.

I raised an eyebrow surprised wondering actually how bad Ashton had left her "So that back there, that little comment about you speaking again thats what that was about?"

She nodded looking really guilty "Yes" she gulped looking down at the ground.

I kissed the side of her head hard making her look up at me "Dont blame yourself for that shortie, he shouldnt be holding any grudges against you. On the contrary, he should've stayed there and given you his full support" I said kind of pissed off that he made that little comment about her speaking again.

"He has a reason to be mad at me Drake, I let him down" she sighed sadly.

I frowned and squeezed her shoulder "Hey shortie, no more being sad it's not helping me with the whole distracting you plan" I joked trying to get her to smile.

I succedded and she gave me a small smile "You're right" she said.

"Of course I am. I'm always right" I joked more making her roll her eyes "Overconfident dog" she let out a giggle. That light little giggle made my stomach feel funny making me laugh nervously also.

***********

We headed of to the movie theater after, like I promised I bought the popcorn and some candy smiling at Nicole when she gave me an adorable look. I have to say watching the comedy she chose was such a good idea and I couldnt have thought of a better idea to get her to laugh. She was laughing so hard at the funny parts her laughs would make me laugh.

It seemed that she enjoyed laughing and sometimes she would let out a giggle that would make me feel funny again.

I enjoyed being with her the whole entire time in the movies, I wished we could've stayed there a couple of hours more. I felt warm all over when I threw my arm around her and she snuggled into me comfortably. I couldnt help but notice I was comfortable with her also, I never knew what men meant when they said their girls were made for them, now I knew that saying because it felt that way with Nicole. I felt like her body was made to fit perfectly in my arms.

I couldnt be any happier when we headed out of the movies with her arm wrapped around my wasit securely, she was rambling about her favorite parts of the movie making me smile at her as she rambled on.

I think she really did enjoy the movie, it wasnt a lot when I would hear her ramble happily and it made me smile proudly. It was amazing how different she was from the person I met a week ago!

One week, thats all it took for her to open up to me and I couldnt be any happier!

I was happy she trusted me enough to tell me about her past and that little secret of hers. Even though I still couldnt believe she had gone out with a leech I was happy she told me about him. She obviously had enough trust in me to tell me something only Tommy knew.

My new goal for her was to make her slowly get over that leech. She had been trying for six months to get over him and I was still surprised she wasnt over him, so it was going to be hard I knew. The love they obviously shared couldnt be forgotten so easily so I would make sure she got over him with time.

Truth was I wanted her to forget him, I wanted her to be happy again. To be happy with someone else.

Someone like...us? My wolf asked making me gulp and smile amused.

Well why not? I found myself asking.

She obviously won my heart in a matter of days and I wouldnt mind if this went on for a while. Spending time with her was a lot of fun and it was like no other job I had ever had. I think this was the first job I actually enjoyed.

Not that working with Cynthia wasnt alright, it's just that with Cynthia I had to be more serious and with Nicole I could show her my fun side.

We talked about the movies we both liked on the way home. I was glad there was no silence at all like the first couple of days, it was really amazing how much progress she had done in this week and I couldnt wait for the next few that would be coming.

When we got through the door of the house it was already past 7 and both Jake and Elizabeth looked up at us when we walked in the living room.

Elizabeth immediately smiling widely, her whole face lighting up and she turned to me giving me a big grateful smile. I could see why her eyes were shiny with tears because Nicole was laughing at some part she remembered from the movie and when we stepped in the living room she was still laughing hard, I chuckling along with her.

"Hey guys" Jake said happily immediately smiling widely also.

"Hey mom, dad" Nicole greeted instead of going to her room she sat down across the couch from her parents giving them a smile. She smiled at me and patted the seat next to hers making my stomach clench again and making me smile widely as I sat next to her keeping a good distance between us so Jake wouldn't be threatening me later to keep my hands off her daughter, but I mean he told me he trusted me with her life so I dont think he'd be threatening me later on.

"How was your evening honey?" Elizabeth asked clearly excited.

"Drake and I watched a movie" she replied smiling.

"Was it good?" Lizzie asked, just like Lily she seemed to be wanting to have Nicole continue to talk.

"It was really funny" she replied still giggling.

Elizabeth seemed to be wanting to burst into a happy dance as she heard Nicole giggle and again she turned to me giving me a grateful look to which I had to smile back at, she was looking at me as if I were superman or something.

"Thats nice dear" she said happily.

After a while of talking with her parents and greeting Tommy and talking to him also when he got home, Nicole excused herself to go to her room and she mentioned me to come with her. As we walked away I could hear Elizabeth's squeals of excitement how happy she was she had heard her baby laugh in such a long while and Jake's shushing saying we would hear her.

I looked at Nicole to see her smiling and shaking her head as we walked up the stairs to her room.

"Drake can you do me a big favor?" she asked me when we got to her room stopping outside.

I nodded "Sure shortie what is it?" I asked already knowing that I would do whatever she asked me to. Except for going away that is.

"Well I was wondering....if..uh this might sound awkward" she laughed.

"What is it?" I laughed also as curiosity sparked in me.

"Well uh..." she started.

"Spit it out shortie" I laughed.

She kept silent looking for a few seconds undecided.

"If you want me to give you a private striptease shortie let me just let you know I will have to get you to pay for that, no discounts or anything" I joked trying to sound serious.

She burst out laughing and shook her head "You're gross dog" she laughed.

I laughed also and rolled my eyes "Oh well if it isnt my body you want me for what is it?" I asked.

"Well...I was wondering if you would...let me draw you?" she asked quietly as if it the worst thing in the world to be asking.

I looked at her kind of surprised, draw me? As in draw...me?

"You want to draw me?" I repeated amused.

She laughed and nodded "I told you it would be kind of awkward to ask and-"

"Yeah sure why not" I interrupted smiling widely.

She looked at me surprised before a smile slowly spread on her face "Really?" she asked, a hint of excitement in her voice.

I nodded and pushed pass her going into her room as if I owned her room "Yeah but you wont draw me like in Titanic right? No nude drawing or anything like that right? Because if thats the case then that'll be 20 bucks" I joked again.

She burst out laughing again and shook her head as she closed the door to her room "20 bucks only? Geez you're cheap!" she teased.

I raised an eyebrow trying to sound serious "Hey, Rose only pays Jack 10 cents! Compares to her I would be making you pay me a fortune"

She laughed again and from underneath the bed she got a big sketching pad.

"Do you want me to pose?" I joked.

She grinned and shook her head "Just sit there and dont do anything" she said.

I sat on her bed and she sat in front of me on a chair putting the giant sketchpad in front of her. "Try not to move" she ordered giving me a smile.

I nodded and laughed, I had never been drawn before.

"So are you like Picasso or something?" I asked making her smile "Im way better" she joked.

"Are you?" I pretended to be surprised "Damn then I should have your autograph" I teased making her snap her eyes to mine and smile.

I sat there silently just watching her get a concentrated look on her face as she kept flickering her eyes to me then to the paper.

I watched her drawing and for the first time realized just how long and pretty her wavy hair was. I stared at the concentrated look on her face totally loving it. I looked down at the hoodie she was wearing and wondered how she would look without baggy clothes, I knew she must probably have a great body, her waist was tiny and she had big hips and a big ass, I bet she had a heck of a body underneath those baggy clothes.

"Drake?" she suddenly said making me snap my eyes to hers quickly. Shit! Had she caught me perving on her?

"Yes?"

"Thank you"

"Thank you? For what?" I asked laughing a little. Why was she thanking me for letting her draw me.

"For everything, for listening to me and not judging me, for being there for me, for taking me out tonight and giving me a great evening, for...being a great..uh well..." she trailed of looking at me with pink cheeks.

"Friend?" I suggested smiling.

She nodded and looked at her paper again blushing more "Yeah, friend" she said with a little smile that made me smile wider and made a chill run down my back. My wolf was growling happily inside of me making me smile more.

"No problem shortie, thats what..friends are there for" I said honestly.

She smiled again and continued to draw me making me smile the whole time.

Maybe with time...I could be something more than a friend. Why not right? I could definitely make her happy, and she was someone I could see myself spending a lot of time with.

I smiled at myself, the feelings I had for her were confusing me, but I liked that.

I liked that she made me feel confused over her.

The idea of falling for her scared me somewhat. And I wondered what would happen if I was able to win the alpha's daughter heart just like that vampire had?

I smiled, it was definitely something I wanted to do now.

I wanted to prove to Nicole she could love again, that not every guy was the same. That she could live happily and move on. I would be that person who would help her move on. That I promised.

I smiled to myself, Drake..what are you getting yourself into, my wolf asked.

I dont know, but we'll figure out soon I smiled.

A:N/ Again you guys thank you sooo much for reading! And sorry for any mistakes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 140K 73
The person who like to listen only when he himself is speaking is listening her all non sense talk. The person who find satisfaction while seeing peo...
659K 33.7K 33
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...
1.2M 36.1K 65
Ailee ate her ice cream licking every bit of it and then Xavier pushed his cup infront of her. She looked confusingly at him. "Eat." "No you eat. Its...
2.5M 2.4K 3
"The Malhotra Brides" is a heart-warming tale that explores the emotional journey of two sisters, Aditi and Pragya, as they navigate their new lives...