Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Recap: Those creatures were closer now! They were almost at the waterfall making me start to shake.

"ASHTON WHAT DO WE DO?!" Drake yelled.

"Ashton" I shook his shoulder.

He frowned seeming as if he was listening harder.

"ASHTON!" I screamed his name once I heard the first couple of creatures break out from the trees, I couldnt see them due to all of the trees hiding the hill, but I could sure hear them!

It surprised me to hear they had a beating heart, a very faint sound, but it was there. They were using their lungs also, unlike a vampire who didnt need to breathe.

"They're close!" I heard an enthusiastic voice say. It sounded normal, not like silk.

The creature.

"Ashton" I widened my eyes horrified to be hearing their footsteps running up the hill.

He seemed to snap out of it and he glanced at me then Drake.

"Run!" was all he said, and with that he turned around and zoomed past the trees, "Hold on tight to me Jade" he told me sternly.

"Oh like I would let go!" I replied with a scared voice wrapping my arms around his neck as if I were a snake.

Dear God, please dont let me die today, I prayed as we zoomed past the trees trying to run away from those creatures who were no less than five feet away from us.

Ashton P.O.V

I could hear the creature's faint heartbeat running wildly up the hill where Jade, Drake and I stood.

I listened hard to their bodies trying to hear exactly were they where?

If maybe we could somehow skid past them and go back to werewolf lands where Jade would have a bit more protection, I had to face it, I could protect her, but I dont think I'd be able to fight off about 20 creatures with her in my arms at the same time.

I clenched my teeth in anger, damn Jake was a bastard! How could he be capable of breaking his daughter's own hip!?

I clenched my teeth more, whatever happened I wouldnt let Jade get hurt! That I promised! I couldnt let her get hurt!

"ASHTON!" I heard her scream loudly making me snap out of my worried thoughts.

I glanced at Drake besides me who looked totally panicked and then at Jade, her worried green eyes shiny with unshed tears. The sight of them made my frozen heart seem to clench tightly.

"Run!!" I said to Drake turning on my heel and zooming past the trees not waiting for him to respond.

It was his fault those creatures where here! I told him not to follow us and yet the idiot does! Did he really think I couldnt protect Jade? He ruined everything!

"Hold on tight to me Jade" I told her sternly as I ducked over various branches.

"Oh like I would let go" she whispered back wrapping her arms around me tighter, the fear in her voice and the pounding of her heart made me promise even more I wouldnt let anything hurt her.

I heard Drake's big wolf running behind us, I didnt turn, I knew it was him. Huh, the mutt could shift fast.

I was partially mad at the stupid mutt, for putting in danger Jade's life.

But another part of me, the more rational part, knew if I were in his place I would've done the same thing as he did.

"Ashton!! They're coming closer!" Jade squeaked peeking over my shoulder.