Chapter 30 Last Chapter + Epilogue

• Dedicated to Everyone who read this story! <3

 Last chapter here guys! Sorry for any mistakes! And hope you enjoy this!

Dedicating this chapter to all of my great fans.

Jade P.O.V

My mouth opened in shock and I took a step back, I was speechless for about five seconds before I found my voice "What?" I gasped staring at Maximus with an open mouth.

"Im sorry Jade, but you didnt pass" he smiled sadly.

I felt an angry scream come all the way down from my stomach and suddenly getting stuck in my throat not letting me speak again, I couldnt believe it! How did I not pass?!

"I-I...I...how? How did I not pass? I did everything Jace said! I didnt let you get me mad, I didnt drink blood at all, I refused to drink blood when you told me! I never once lost control! How did I not pass?!" I said with disbelief.

Maximus watched me with sympathetic eyes and grabbed my hand patting it lightly, it took all the effort in me for not to jerk it away with rudeness!

"Dear dear young one, Im very positive Jace warned you I would try to trick you didnt I?" he asked.

I nodded feeling numb all over already "Yes" I whispered, I never thought I'd be feeling a knot in my throat ever again, but there it was for sure, the feeling of failing was so powerful it was already wanting to make me cry.

"And did you really think I would put you to test this easily?" he asked holding his gaze with mine.

"I...dont know" I whispered lowering my gaze to the floor completely feeling a huge weight on my shoulders already.

God...I hadnt passed, how did I not pass? My mother would find this horrible! I wouldnt be able to see her in God knew how much! Until Maximus allowed me to go back and who knew when that would be? It could be in 5 years for all I knew!

The thought made my heart sink to the floor! I felt the color drain from my face and my heart just seemed to have gotten stuck to my feet, how would mom react when I would tell her I couldnt go over to see her in most likely 5 years?

She would freak out! She would feel horrible, possibly even grow so mad at me she would hate me forever!

I glared at Maximus through teary eyes "How did I not pass?" I whispered with a hoarse voice feeling horrible.

"Let me repeat again, did you really think I would put you to test this easily?" he asked again.

"I dont know! I thought I passed! I didnt get mad when your attendant spilled wine all over my dress!" I looked down at the huge stain on my lap, "And I didnt get mad when you kept saying mean FALSE comments about Ashton! I didnt lose control once! Once! I behaved throughout the whole dinner! How did I not pass?!" I almost shrieked.

"You ate the meat" he told me calmly.

"What?" I asked confused.

"The meat you ate for dinner, that meat had been submerged in blood, cooked in it, and the taste was clearly evident there, you had a meat cooked with blood instead of oil" he told me smiling wickedly, I swear I could almost see the enjoyment in his eyes as realization hit me!

The meat!

It had been the meat!

No wonder I found a familiar taste in it! No wonder I liked the taste, it had been drained in blood!

How dirty!

I snapped a glare at Maximus and this time really did jerk away from him "You!...you...tricked me!" I accused angrily this time really letting my anger show, my eyes turning to a bright red. I didnt care anymore, I hadnt passed already so I might as well show some anger in me!