The Rogue Princess // Aemond...

By Catherine4560

Read as Daelys Targaryen, daughter of Rhaenyra and Daemon Targaryen, fights for the life she always wanted. S... More

◦•●◉✿Intro✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Characters✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Princess✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Strong Boys✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Meeting Daemon✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Claiming Vhagar✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Faking Death✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Six Years Later✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Making Plans✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Talking to everyone✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Helping Aegon✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Duel✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Wedding✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Princess Daena✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Talk✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Death of Viserys✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Queen Rhaenyra✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Missing✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Vhagar✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Jacaerys Velaryon✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Aemma and Aemond✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Double Wedding✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Queen Regent✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Dyanna Lannister✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Daelys and Aemond✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Desired Queen✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Making Plans✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Queen of Commons✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Caron Cole✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Wedding✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Meeting Baela✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Criston Cole✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Rescue✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Reunion✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Fears✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Daena and Jaehaerys✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Fire✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Spies✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Maelor Targaryen✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Cannibal✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Leanor Velaryon✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿War council✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Driftmark✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Alyn and Addam✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿House Royce✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Blackwater Bay Battle✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Battle of Twins✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Highgarden Battle✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Viserys Targaryens✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Battle for Retaking Lannisport✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Battle Above the Gods Eye✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿One left✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Queen Daelys✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Epilogue✿◉●•◦

◦•●◉✿Rhaena and Rhaenyra✿◉●•◦

409 17 1
By Catherine4560

Jacaerys walks through the Red Keep to his mother victoriously. But it vanishes as soon as Rhaenyra asks the first question.

"Is Lord Borros on our side?"

"Maybe." Jacaerys answers and cowers slightly when Rhaenyra glares down from the Iron Throne. Jacaerys immediately recounts what happened at Storm's End ending with the proud proclamation that he has killed Maelor Targaryen.

Rhaenyra and Daemon stare at him silently for a few moments. They cannot believe that Jacaerys has killed Maelor even though he knows the full consequences of his actions.

"Do you have any idea of the consequences?!" Rhaenyra shouts at Jacaerys.

"They will declare war." He replies calmly. "Let them. We can get rid of them that much easily."

"It's because of you, we are in this mess." Daemon says. "It's best if he stays silent in these matters. It's clear he understands nothing."

"Daemon-" Jacaerys begins.

"Enough!" Rhaenyra shouts stopping him. "Daemon is right. All you had to do was kill Aegon and Aemond. But what did you do? Keep them alive."

"It was a mistake to free you." Daemon says. "Leave the room. Now!"

Jacaerys looks at Rhaenyra to see what she says. When she says nothing Jacaerys scoffs and goes out of the room. Something about the way he leaves makes Daemon uneasy.

"This will result in a war." Rhaenyra says. "Innocents will die."

"What happens if we hand Jace over to them?" Daemon asks already knowing the answer.

"We have to agree to every condition they give." Rhaenyra says. "Only then a war might be avoided."

"Jace must not be told of this." Daemon tells Rhaenyra and she nods in agreement.

But Jace had been listening to thier conversation and now he knows he has no one who cares for him. When the choice came, his mother chose Daelys instead of him over and over again. He had enough. This was the last time. He is going to take matters into his own hands.

Aemond and Daena sit with Aegon and Jaehaerys, all of them still coming to terms with Maelor's death while listening to Rhaena's screams as she goes through her labour.

It has already been ten hours and the maester and nurses are getting worried which Daelys, Luke, Baela and Rhaenys notice. Luke gets even more nervous. He doesn't want to lose Rhaena.

Soon the Maester asks to talk to Luke alone. Seeing his condition, Daelys comes out with him too. "The baby is stuck inside her, your Grace, my Lord. We can get the baby out but the Mother may not survive."

Daelys looks at Luke, who is close to tears himself. Aemond, who had walked over without them noticing, hears what the Maester says. Bowing the Maester goes inside leaving them out in the corridor.

"Is there no way to save her?" Luke asks, his voice trembling.

Without answering, Daelys pulls Luke in a hug. She notices Aemond standing there. She reaches out and holds his hand. "You need to make a choice, Luke." Daelys says softly. "I am sorry."

"I want to save her." Luke answers.

Daelys and Aemond exchange a glance. Aemond knows exactly what it feels like being helpless and knowing there is nothing he can do to protect someone he loves.

"She should know but I can't..." Luke mumbles and Daelys gives a nod to Aemond.

"I can tell her, Luke." She whispers softly. "Just... be prepared."

Luke nods and Daelys pulls away and enters the room leaving Luke alone with Aemond, the only person who can understand him at the moment.

"Rhaena, there is something you should know." Daelys says softly and slowly. Taking deep breaths, Rhaena nods. Daelys tells her what the Maester has said.

"Where is Luke?" Rhaena asks between pants as Baela and Rhaenys hold onto each other as their source of comfort knowing what is to come.

Daelys looks at the door to see Luke standing there. She gets up letting Luke sit down but doesn't move away. She keeps a hand on his shoulder as Luke leans down to hear what Rhaena is whispering.

The tears streaming down Luke's face as he pulls away is enough answer for everyone. Luke looks up at Daelys and shakes his head. "I can't say it." He whispers.

"Please." Rhaena whispers looking at Daelys knowing Luke, Baela or Rhaena will never be able to say the words.

Daelys glances at Luke who gives a nod and then at Baela and Rhaenys who have resigned as well. They have all accepted the outcome. Daelys looks at the Maester. "Save the child." She says curtly.

Rhaenys and Baela move aside and Luke keeps holding Rhaena's hand as the Maester and the nurses save the baby. As soon as the baby starts crying, a nurse takes the baby and Daelys orders, "Save Rhaena. Now."

They get to work but it is evident in a few moments that it will be impossible. "We are sorry, your Grace." The Maester says finally.

Daelys looks down at Luke before squeezing his shoulders. "I will leave you two alone." She whispers before stepping outside the room.

Outside almost everyone else has gathered. They all look at Daelys to know the news and immediately the curious looks turn to ones of sorrow. After a few moments, silence falls throughout the castle except for the crying of the new born baby.

Princess Rhaena Targaryen passed away at childbed giving birth to a healthy baby. Her closest family mourn her while Daelys, Aemond and the Lords prepare for the war.

"We need to go ourselves." Rhaenyra tells Daemon. "She will scorn a messenger."

"We should leave now." Daemon says. "If Jace learns of our plans he will do what he can to stop us."

"Where is one of your secret passages?" Rhaenyra asks.

Without replying Daemon opens one and the two of them quietly make their journey to the courtyard where all of their dragons are kept. They quickly calm their dragons so as not to alert anyone.

"Where are you going so late, Mother, Daemon?" Jacaerys asks from near the building.

They turn around to see him standing there with Viserys. Jacaerys has an arrow ready to fire and it is aimed directly at Rhaenyra. Viserys also has one ready which is aimed at Daemon. Daemon and Rhaenyra exchange a look. They can make no mistakes.

"Jace, Viserys, what are you-" Rhaenyra begins.

"Stop talking!" Jacaerys orders. Rhaenyra goes to say something but seeing the arrow, Daemon places a hand on her aem to stop her. "You have always picked Daelys over me. Me! Your eldest son! And why? Because she looks like a fucking Targaryen and I don't?"

"It's not that, Jace." Daemon says carefully.

"And you should not say a fucking word." Jacaerys says. "You killed my father! And for what? So that you can be with your daughter? A bastard daughter who you preferred over your own son."

Daemon looks at Viserys. He never thought of how Viserys would feel about him spending all his time with Daelys. He had thought that Viserys would understand that it was because Daelys had lost someone. But Daemon had forgotten that Viserys was a child and never understood any of this.

"Jace, we can talk about this." Rhaenyra says.

"Talk?" Jacaerys scoffs. "After you send me to spend the rest of my life in Daelys' dungeons? Then why did you fucking bothered with freeing me?"

"Jace, please we can talk right now." Rhaenyra says starting to step forward slowly. "All you and Viserys has to do is put your bows down and I promise I will talk."

"You have never kept your promises." Viserys mumbles speaking for the first time. "You always promised me something or the other but never gave it to me. I had asked for a dragon but even that you didn't give me. I had to claim one on my own with only Jace's help! Neither one of you fucking helped me!"

"Then let us now." Daemon says stepping forward so that he is only a step behind Rhaenyra. "Give us one chance to fix it all."

"It cannot be fixed." Viserys says.

"Viserys, let us-" Rhaenyra begins but at the moment Viserys lets go and the arrow is released straight at Daemon.

Everything seems to move in slow motion for Daemon as he watches Jace throw his bow and arrow to the ground and try and catch the arrow but it is already out of his reach. Daemon then sees Rhaenyra step in front of him just as the arrow is about to reach him. Instead it hits Rhaenyra.

"No!" Daemon grabs Rhaenyra as she falls to the ground. He quickly pulls Rhaenyra close to him, holding her in her last few moments.

"Protect Daelys." Rhaenyra whispers.

"I will." Daemon answers immediately. "I promise I will."

Rhaenyra smiles something Daemon hasn't seen in a long time. "I love you." Rhaenyra whispers one final time.

"I love you too." Daemon whispers back but it is too late. Rhaenyra is dead and the sound that rips out of Daemon's throat is filled with agony and rage. Jacaerys and Viserys step back into the safety of the castle. It is madness to try and stop an enraged Daemon.

Daemon pulls the arrow out from Rhaenyra's back and places her gently down on the ground. He closes her eyes and after planting a final kiss on Rhaenyra's forehead, he grabs the bag Rhaenyra was carrying and stands up.

And thus Queen Rhaenyra I Targaryen died at her castle in King's Landing due to an accident. She proved her love and loyalty in the her last few moments.

"You will burn." Daemon says looking at where Jacaerys and Viserys are. He turns and approaches Caraxes and Syrax. Syrax is roaring and trashing as if in pain.

Ignoring Syrax, Daemon gets on Caraxes and flies off. He has to get to Dragonstone now and inform Daelys of what has happened. He will have his revenge and he will make sure that all of Westeros burned for what they did to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 4.6K 48
In the bloody realm of Westeros, a dark and dramatic tale unfolds. The young daughter of Prince Daemon Targaryen, burdened with a legacy of power and...
11.4K 305 6
The dragon twins were burdened with the rage of the fourteen flames, when they waged their war they unleashed their unrelenting fury on the realm, ca...
30.3K 1K 54
Daena Valeryon is the eldest daughter of Rhaenyra Targaryen. She's unique in her own way. Her mother and her are quite alike even if sometimes they d...
10.4K 250 15
Sienna Targaryen was born in 81 AC five minutes before Daemon Targaryen. Everyone had expected her to be like Daemon but as she grew up it became inc...