The Rogue Princess // Aemond...

By Catherine4560

Read as Daelys Targaryen, daughter of Rhaenyra and Daemon Targaryen, fights for the life she always wanted. S... More

◦•●◉✿Intro✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Characters✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Princess✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Strong Boys✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Meeting Daemon✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Claiming Vhagar✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Faking Death✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Six Years Later✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Making Plans✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Talking to everyone✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Helping Aegon✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Duel✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Wedding✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Princess Daena✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Talk✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Death of Viserys✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Queen Rhaenyra✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Missing✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Vhagar✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Jacaerys Velaryon✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Aemma and Aemond✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Double Wedding✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Queen Regent✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Dyanna Lannister✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Daelys and Aemond✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Desired Queen✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Making Plans✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Queen of Commons✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Caron Cole✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Wedding✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Meeting Baela✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Criston Cole✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Rescue✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Reunion✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Fears✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Fire✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Spies✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Maelor Targaryen✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Rhaena and Rhaenyra✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Cannibal✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Leanor Velaryon✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿War council✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Driftmark✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Alyn and Addam✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿House Royce✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Blackwater Bay Battle✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Battle of Twins✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Highgarden Battle✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Viserys Targaryens✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Battle for Retaking Lannisport✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Battle Above the Gods Eye✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿One left✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Queen Daelys✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Epilogue✿◉●•◦

◦•●◉✿Daena and Jaehaerys✿◉●•◦

988 24 1
By Catherine4560

No matter how hard they tried to make sure news about Dragonstone does not go out, rumours still fly around King's Landing. Rumours about how Daelys is on Dragonstone and Aegon and Aemond are being seen inside Dragonstone Castle.

When the rumours reach Dragonstone, they don't try to stop them. It was only a matter of time before the news spread. A moon has turned since they managed to rescue them.

In that time, Aemond's and Daelys' fear that the other will disappear if they look away has reduced a little. Now they can be in adjoining rooms without being afraid of that. Daelys is talking to Aegon and Criston and Aemond is inside their room, he can hear them talking.

Aemond walks over to the mirror and removes his tunic, staring at his scars. He knows that the scars would be present forever and it is only a matter of time before he has to show them to Daelys. But he isn't ready to see the horror in Daelys' eyes when she sees his scars.

Too deep in his thoughts, Aemond doesn't notice when Daelys' conversation ends and she enters the room. Not saying anything, Daelys quickly closes the door and locks it. Hearing the sound, Aemond turns around and locks eyes with Daelys.

They stare at each other for a few seconds, neither of them saying or doing anything. Finally Daelys slowly walks over to Aemond, who is standing stiffly in front of the mirror. Aemond is afraid of what Daelys will say about his scars. No matter how hard he wants to believe that Daelys won't mind them, a part of him is afraid that in the ten years Daelys has changed and won't accept him like this.

Daelys stares into Aemond's eye as she stands in front of him. She gently brings her hands up and cups Aemond's face not paying attention to anything else. She can see the fear in Aemond's eye even though he has hid it very well. He could never hide anything from Daelys.

"I don't care." She whispers softly and leans in and kisses Aemond. Her hands leave Aemond's face and gently travel down to his shoulders.

Aemond's hands immediately fly up to grab each of Daelys' wrists. They separate resting their foreheads together.

"Let me touch you." Daelys whispers. Aemond sucks in a deep breath remembering the last time she said it. He lets go of her wrists and she lets her fingers gently trace the scars. Aemond closes his eye. "Tell me if I hurt you."

"You could never." Aemond whispers taking a deep breath. He is more relieved that Daelys didn't get disgusted by his scars. "Please don't leave."

"I won't. I will never." Daelys promises. She can feel Aemond relax on hearing her words.

No matter how hard Aemond tried to act like he isn't afraid, he is. And Daelys can read every fear he has like she always does. And Aemond knows this very well.

"I cannot hide anything from you, can I?" Aemond asks.

Daelys smiles softly. "No." She answers simply, staring in Aemond's eye. Her fingers are absentmindedly tracing the scars now. Not even realising it, they start leaning in.

A knock on their door startles them. They blink a little confused as to their surroundings, they had been lost in their own world. Daelys' fingers have stopped moving.

"Mother, Father, I want to talk with you." Daena's voice is heard.

"Daena." Daelys groans.

Aemond chuckles a little. "We will continue it." He promises earning an eye roll from Daelys. He grabs a tunic putting it on. Daelys quickly adjusts her hair and dress and opens the door.

Daena enters the room looking nervous. "What are you nervous about this time?" Daelys asks closing the door behind her.

"The same reason I was last time." Daena answers.

Daelys sighs. "Of course you are." She mutters. "She asked me if she can marry Jaehaerys." She explains to Aemond on seeing his questioning look. "I think we should just have them marry here." She adds in Pentoshi which Daena doesn't understand.

"The boy can keep her happy?" Aemond asks as the two observe their daughter's confused and nervous face.

"The boy is seven and ten. I will be surprised if he can't." She answers.

"You know him better than me." Aemond gives a nod. "So?" He asks Daena in the common tongue.

"Jaehaerys and I want to get married here... in Dragonstone." Daena answers, her words coming out in a rush.

"So predictable." Daelys smirks slightly. "When will you like to be married?"

"As soon as possible." Daena answers surprised they agreed so soon and without any arguments.

"A day should be enough." Aemond says and Daelys nods. "Give us a day."

"Thank you." Daena says hugging Aemond who is taken aback. Daelys indicates to hug her back and Aemond quickly does that. After Daena hugs Daelys too, she runs out of the room.

Daelys raises an eyebrow at Aemond who shakes his head in disbelief. "She is a storm." Aemond agrees and the two of them chuckle.

"I should talk to Aegon and Helaena and set it up for tomorrow." Daelys says.

"I will come as well." Aemond says. Their fears have lessened but not disappeared completely.

"Not exactly what I was imagining when you said you wanted to get married." Daelys sighs as she readies Daena with Helaena's help.

"Agreed." Helaena says laughing.

Daelys looks at her. "If you want to go to Jaehaerys, go. Just send Aemond here." She tells her.

"You can finish her hair?" Helaena asks to be certain.

"It's easy enough." Daelys reassures her. After glancing around once more, Helaena leaves. Daelys finishes Daena's hair soon enough. "Let me see now." She says.

Daena stands up and turns towards Daelys, a big smile on her face.

"I love it." Daena says hugging Daelys. Daelys gently rests her head against Daena's hair, making sure not to mess it up.

Neither of them have noticed Aemond standing at the door admiring the two of them. He goes to enter but notices Aemma and Aemond approaching. He presses a finger to his lips indicating them to be quiet. They nod and approach the door.

Aemond looks down at his children before knocking on the open door. Daelys and Daena look over after separating. Aemma and Aemond immediately run over to Daena not waiting for anything. Daelys and Aemond watch them with fond smiles on their faces.

"She looks beautiful." Aemond whispers to Daelys as they watch Aemma and Aemond fawn over Daena's dress and hair.

"Tell that to her. She will be happy." Daelys whispers to Aemond.

"She gets happy every time I talk to her." Aemond points out. "I... don't blame her. Even I am happy whenever she talks to me."

Daena finally manages to stop Aemma and Aemond from fawning. "How do I look?" She asks her father, a big smile on her face.

"The most beautiful girl." Aemond says approaching her and pulling her in an one arm hug so as not to disrupt her hair or dress. "Your mother might kill me for not calling her the most beautiful girl ever." Aemond whispers to Daena making her giggle.

"I will make sure she won't." Daena promises hugging Aemond tightly. Aemond takes a deep breath not meeting anyone's eyes. The promise means a lot more to him than Daena knows.

Daelys' ever watchful eye is on Aemond and she notices the change. She decides to ask him about it later. Instead she focuses on getting Aemma and Aemond ready.

A knock on the open door makes them all turn around. Daemon stands at the door with Baela and Rhaena. Daemon immediately notices the glare that Daelys sends his way though he decides to ignore it for now.

"You look good, Daena." Daemon compliments.

"Thank you." Daena says politely, too politely. "What are you doing here?" She asks next still polite. The question catches Aemond off guard since he has never seen Daena and Daemon talk while Daelys turns her faces away to hide her smile.

"They are waiting for you." Baela quickly says before Daemon can reply.

"Can you take Aemma and Aemond?" Daelys asks them.

"Of course." Baela says. She and Rhaena grab Aemma and Aemond and take them away before either can protest leaving Daemon alone with Daelys, Aemond and Daena.

"We will talk later." Daelys promises Daemon. He can already guess what he will hear as he walks away too. Daelys turns to her daughter "Daena, will you like Aemond to give you away?"

Aemond looks at Daelys surprised. He thought that Daelys will give Daena away since she raised Daena. Aemond goes to protest but before he can, Daena shouts, "Yes!" He decides against saying anything not wanting to disappoint Daena on her special day.

"Will you both present me?" Daena asks.

Daelys looks taken aback by the request. She certainly wasn't expecting it. "Yes." She answers.

"Princess Daena Targaryen presented by her mother Princess Daelys Targaryen and father Prince Aemond Targaryen." The doors open and everyone turns to look at them.

This is the first time all three of them have made their appearance together. And those present think that they are lucky to see them together for the first time. It is nothing compared to Daelys and Aemond appearing together. The three of them together look like the perfect royal family.

"What are you doing here?" Daelys asks Daemon as they watch the couple dance their first dance as husband and wife.

"I will not miss Daena's wedding." Daemon answers calmly.

"You left without telling me what you are doing!" Daelys whisper shouts at Daemon. "Do you know how reckless that was? Or do you not care?"

Daemon sighs. "You should enjoy the party. We can talk in the morning."

"You will disappear by morning." Daelys says directly.

Aemond quietly walks over and stands on the other side of Daemon. "We have been hearing rumours." He says. "We were told that you will be making sure that no one learns anything."

"What does it matter?" Daemon asks. "Rhaenyra won't be back for three more moons. And even if she does come back, she won't risk open war. She knows she will lose to you."

"And yet Viserys is still in King's Landing." Daelys points out. "And if he learns Jacaerys is imprisoned here, he will try everything to break him out."

"Everyone believes Jace is dead. Or atleast they whisper so." Daemon informs them. "Excuse me." He walks away leaving the two of them alone.

Daelys exhales slowly. "He gets on my nerves."

"Not only yours." Aemond informs her.

At the moment a lot of clapping comes from around the dance floor and they turn to see Aegon and Helaena are dancing. Daelys smiles a little.

"This is the first time I am seeing them dance." She says. "Ever."

"Because it is." Aemond says. He looks at Daelys suggestively.

"Absolutely not!" Daelys exclaims.

"Why? I am certain you have been forced to dance enough times over the last ten years." Aemond says.

Daelys stares at him for a moment before slowly shaking her head. Aemond's eyes go wide from surprise. "Sure many can say they have asked me... But no one can say they have danced with me."

Aemond scoffs. "So we both will be just bad." He says extending his hand.

Daelys sighs and shaking her head a little, takes Aemond's hand. Smiling Aemond leads Daelys to the dance floor just as the music changes to a romantic one. Cheers go up around the room as they witness Daelys stepping out to the dance floor for the first time in ten years.

"I am nervous." Aemond admits.

"Don't show it." Daelys says. The smiles on their faces are bright enough to light the whole room.

By the time they finish dancing the entire room is looking at them and no one is dancing except for them. The crowd starts clapping with Daena, Aemma, Aemond, Jaehaerys, Jaehaera, Maelor, Alyssa, Barthogan and Andar cheering.

Daelys blushes slightly when Aemond grabs her and kisses her in front of everyone. When they part, Daena walks over to them.

"Finally." She says. "I thought I will never get to see you dance."

"That bad?" Aemond smirks.

Daelys shakes her head a little. "Shut up, both of you." She laughs. Aemond and Daena join in too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 1.2K 14
«" To be a pure Targaryen is one thing, but to house three dragon$? That's an insult and a threat to the |ron throne¡"» -Alicent Hightower Æ «" I'm a...
146K 4K 38
"𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈" "𝒜𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃𝒹" 𝒜𝒹𝒾𝓇𝒶 𝑔𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝓂𝑜𝓃𝑜𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒 -ℑ𝔱 𝔴�...
17.6K 532 6
The dragon twins were burdened with the rage of the fourteen flames, when they waged their war they unleashed their unrelenting fury on the realm, ca...
75.4K 1.2K 16
she is the (only) trueborn daughter of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and Lord Laenor Velaryon. after her younger brother, Lucerys, slices out the eye o...