Heart Attack (a HeartStopper...

By pablogalan10

We start our story years into the future when a 25-year-old Nick moves back to town after college to teach at... More

Nick. Learning to breath.
Charlie. Breathing again.
Nick. Saying goodbye.
Charlie. Hello again.
Nick. A Step back.
Charlie. The first step.
Nick. A leap of faith.
Charlie. Faith in the fall.
Charlie. Loosing my mind.
Nick. Admit it.
Charlie. Denial.
Nick. Telling the truth.
Charlie. What i give for you.
Nick. What you took from me.
Charlie. The floor drops
Nick. The ceiling falls
Charlie. One last time
Nick. For the last time
Charlie. After All.
Nick. Before anything.
Charlie. Running.
Nick. Stopping
Charlie. Starting
Nick. Circles.
Charlie. Squares
Nick. Water.
Charlie. Thirst.
Nick. Having you.
Charlie. Give myself.
Nick. Saying sorry.
Charlie. Forgiving.
Nick. The past.
Charlie. The future.
Nick. A little bit closer.
Charlie. To far away.
Nick. Shattered.
Charlie. Four.
Nick. Two.
Charlie. One.
Nick. Lying.
Charlie. Telling the truth.
Nick. Deep inside.
Charlie. On the surface.
Matias. Monsters.
Ben. Beasts.
Charlie. Guilt.
Nick. Innocence.
Charlie. As we thought it would be
Nick. As we wanted it to be.
Ben. As it actually is.
Charlie. Yours first.
Nick. Home.
Charlie. House.
Nick. Us
Charlie. Them
Nick. Disappear
Charlie. Being present.
Nick . A travel through time.

Nick. Realazing.

197 7 0
By pablogalan10

Song recommendation for the chapter: The way i love you. - Fearless. - Taylor Swift.
——————————

"Because I haven't told you everything that's happened recently. Imogen and I, well... we started dating a few months ago."

"WHAT?"

"Surprise..." Nick said with embarrassment and guilt"

"Imogen... our Imogen?"

"The one and only."

"Since when?" Darcy was fetching them another round of beers to hear the gossip. She loved drama.

"A few months ago. Since we moved to London together, we became even better friends, then everything with Charlie ended, and I was truly devastated. I didn't go out, stopped eating... I was a mess. And..."

"Imogen was there." Tara softened the matter, even though she knew she shouldn't. "I mean, I get it."

"Yeah... things started slowly, but we made it official six months ago..."

"SIX MONTHS?" Nick's phone interrupted the conversation.

"Damn, damn, damn. He replied. What do I do?"

"Reply, you fool." Both of them surrounded Nick to see the conversation.

"Hi :O, it's so nice to hear from you."

"Ugh... why does he have to be this adorable." Nick covered his face.

"You're in trouble, man," Darcy said, taking another sip of her drink.

"Are you going to tell him about Imogen?"

"Of course... but in person, later."

"Its even nicer that you reply. I know it's been a while... but I'm back in town."

"I know, rumors are flying. Tell me everything!"

"I was offered a job at Thruman, I'll be a coach. How weird is that? But I'm excited."

"I heard Coach Sinhg was leaving; it's sad, but I'm glad you're taking her place. I remember she was your favorite teacher."

"Yeah, I miss her. She was really nice to us when we came out of the closet."

"we came out" sound like a pack, Nick. Charlie had been out for a long time by then."

"He knows what I mean. Once she caught us kissing in the materials closet."

"WHAT? Why didn't you tell us?"

"It was too embarrassing."

"How could I forget... And university?"

"While I organize games with the guys, I can work on my thesis in the process. What about you? How's school?"

"You know, math and more math. The same old. A thesis? You sound like a real professor now... Are you the nerd now? Those are great news, Nick. I'm so happy for you."

"Awwwww, Nick, you can't ignore that."

"What are you talking about? It's... it's Charlie, after all. We've always talked like this. I'm surprised it's not awkward."

"To that, my dear and silly giant, we call flirting."

"He's not flirting with me."

"I can't believe you have as many boyfriends as girlfriends and still don't know what flirting looks like."

"DARCY!" This time, both of them shouted at her.

"You will always be the nerd; it's just that now you have more titles now: Rocker, mathematician, musician, gay nerd... You tell me everything! How have you been? Tara and Darcy told me about a concert this Friday. It sounds exciting!"

"You know you have to come to the concert even if you're not invited, right?"

"Of course, but... I want him to invite me"

"What you want is for him to invite you to his bed."

"I'm the worst boyfriend in the universe." Nick felt badly.

"You're not doing anything wrong... Does Imogen know about your feelings for Charlie?"

"What?... I wouldn't say they're actual feelings... or would I?"

They both looked at him incredulously.

"Are you joking?"

"I don't know!" They all laughed. "Imogen knows how confused I am. She knows that I partly came to confront him and understand what's going on in my head."

"And she's not jealous... or angry?"

"Should she be?"

"We'll be inaugurating the center's forum! My band and I... haha, saying that gave me a bit of cringe, but it's true. I'd love for you to come."

There it was, the invitation. Nick's heart was racing. Only Charlie could feel that something as cool as playing the drums would give him cringe.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world... don't let being a rockstar give you cringe now... and maybe, after that, could we talk a bit more? In person."

"Okay, maybe she should be jealous now." Tara viewed the message with disappointment.

"PLEASE LET HIM SAY YES!" Darcy exclaimed.

"I just want to talk. Alone. It's not like anything is going to happen."

"Sweetie, our café turns into a bar at night. There will be a lot of people. After the concert, there'll be a party... I don't know, it sounds suspicious to me," Tara was conflicted. She knew Nick wasn't capable of cheating, but the three of them were his closest friends, and she didn't want any of them to get hurt... again.

"You're right. I think I may have crossed the line. I'm not available, and I know... I know that if we're alone, anything could happen, and... I don't know if I'm ready for that..." His heart was beating too fast, and he was starting to hyperventilate. "Besides, he's not replying anymore. Maybe I made him too uncomfortable."

"Too direct or too soon? ... Forget what I said. I can go to the concert and see how we feel."

"Wait, wait, wait, no one is accusing you of cheating on anyone. Don't worry, Nick. Talking to Charlie alone is not a bad thing if you're honest with him and Imogen." Tara saith, realizing she could be over reacting.

"Or I can just not go if you want. However you see it. I just want to see you again."

"NICK, WHAT WE JUST TOLD YOU. You have to go."

"I panicked, sorry. Maybe I'm being too intense, and I should just see him first and see how I feel in a less suggestive environment."

"For the love of God, reply to this man; he's going crazy." Darcy seemed to be appealing to the heavens and her beer at the same time.

"NO, no, no. Please come to the concert. I'm dying to see you again... and of course, we can talk afterward, more calmly."

Nick took several sips of his beer. Now he was truly lost.

"Perfect. I'm glad. I was afraid for a second that I had crossed the line."

"I understand... I'm just scared, you know? But I'm excited."

"You've tied the poor boy up in knots."

"He's got me tied up in knots too." Nick put his phone aside and covered his face with his hands."What am I going to do!?"

"First, be completely honest with Imogen. You've already made a scene in this group of friends; you don't need to make another one."

"And then?"

"Figure out what you're doing?"

"But that is the problem, I don't know what I'm doing!"

"You're trying to win him back... Seriously... as a boyfriend... romantically... erotically."

"I get it, Darcy, thanks... Do you think that's what I'm doing?" Nick pleaded with Tara for clarity.

"I think you're still not sure. I've seen you in love, and you don't hesitate for a second to do what's necessary. You're nervous and scared, and you have no idea where Charlie stands. That's why you don't know what you're feeling, because you don't know what he feels."

"I have the smartest girlfriend in the universe." Darcy gave a kiss to Tara's hand, which she hadn't let go of in a long time.

"For now, you have to tell Imogen about that conversation. If you still don't have a concrete answer about what you feel, that's fine, but she needs to know."

"Then, just talk to Charlie. Because the only way to know what you feel is to ask him what he feels."

"I think I have another plan. But maybe it won't work. Tao."

"You haven't told him about the exhibition yet, have you?"

"No, and maybe he has more information about what Charlie wants."

"Hey, friend. Long time no hear from you. I know you're back. I'm back too, and I have a photography project that you might be interested in. It would be a great way to spend time together. Let's talk more tomorrow, and you can tell me what you think."

"Tao would never tell you."

"I don't need him to tell me. I just need to see if he gives me one of his famous sermons. At least that way, I'll understand that they've been talking about me... and besides, I miss him too."

"So, reply to Charlie before he faints."

"Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm in the center with the girls, and... I have a lot to process. I'm scared too. But I'm really excited to see you <3"

"Even an emoji heart and everything. The operation is going well."

"What operation?"

"None."

Nick hesitated to say anything else, but he knew that details like the heart emoji were important to Charlie, and he wanted to let that information sink in. He could still feel the butterflies from the first message he received from Charlie when he helped him with that awful situation with Ben so many years ago. Back when he was just a 16-year-old kid who had no idea what he wanted.

Now he was an adult, more confused than before. But more confident in other ways, prepared and toughened by life.

He had to trust Charlie and figure out what he wanted.

"I do too <3"

"So after the concert, we can hang out and chat."

"Sounds good. I can't believe we'll all be together again."

"Me neither, I've missed it a lot. The girls scolded me for my absence."

"Does he know we're here eavesdropping?"

"I don't think it will surprise him."

"You'll have to endure more scolding if you see Tao tomorrow, though."

"Is Tao with him?" Nick asked, and the girls looked guilty. "You knew, didn't you?"

"We don't know what you're talking about," they both just sipped their beers.

"How do you know that?"

"He's here with me."

"I can't believe that both Darcy and Tara, as well as Tao, are behind all of this."

"I know. It's like they had an evil plan to get us talking again."

"I'm glad they succeeded."

"Me too."

"Hahah, why are they like this?"

"Hahah, I don't know. Why are we like this? It's our group after all."

"Well, evil plan or not, it worked. The girls didn't convince me of anything. I wanted to."

Same here. Tao supported me, but... it was all my idea."

"Until Friday? <3"

"Until Friday <3"

"Now what?" Nick put his phone down and looked at the sky in desperation.

"Now we'll try to figure out what you really feel for Imogen... and I'll give you a million reasons why I think Imogen is a lesbian."

"DARCY" Again, both of them shouted with laughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 3K 12
**This is an Out of My Control spin off!! If you haven't read OoMC, you might not understand everything that goes on! I highly recommend reading that...
12.1K 112 8
It's going to help if you've read the Heartstopper books plus This Winter and Nick and Charlie too I'm not going to lie. But if you haven't it's no b...
8.2K 198 24
Nick and charlie have been going out for a little over a year, and they are ready to take their relationship further, but can anyone break these two...
30.2K 516 31
WARNING: Mature readers only. Read at own risk. Stories contain even amounts of fluff and graphic smut. Ever wonder what Nick and Charlie's wedding...