In My Shoes | The Music Freak...

By PeachGirl_UwU

-This is a TMF AU, meaning that most of the events that take place in this story are not canon in any way. Al... More

Chapter 1-Leaving it all Behind
Chapter 2- My Safe Haven
Chapter 3 -412
Chapter 4- The Night Before
Chapter 5 - An Unexpected Student
Chapter 6 - The Introduction
Chapter 7- An Untrustworthy Beginning
Chapter 8 - Bruises and Sudden Friendships
Chapter 9 - Heavenly Trouble
Chapter 10 - Spilled Coffee and New Enemies
Chapter 11 - The Perfect Verse
Chapter 12 - An Abrupt Confession
Chapter 13 - An Intention to Know
Chapter 14 - Emerging Trust
Chapter 15 - A Terrifying Realization
Chapter 16 - Forced to Stay
Chapter 17 - Maybe, Just Maybe
Chapter 18 - "Meet Me at The Front"
Chapter 19 - A Favor To Pass
Chapter 20 - Two Choices
Chapter 21 - The Side I Couldn't See
Chapter - 22 i never thought they would be without me.
Chapter 23 - Reflected Versions
Chapter 24 - Wouldn't Have Guessed
Chapter 25 - #Nostalgia
Chapter 26 - Locked In
Chapter 27 - Down The Hallway
Chapter 28 - Fade To Four Years Ago
Chapter 29 - Irresistible Tension
Spoiler🤭(not a chapter sorry babes I'll delete this later)
Chapter 31 - The Other Side
🎵✨️Playlist✨️🎵
Chapter 32 - Flushed Admission
Chapter 33 - Caught

Chapter 30 - Flushed Honesty

879 18 143
By PeachGirl_UwU

♡Hailey♡

Less than thirty minutes ago, me and Jake were sitting on opposite sides of the room, awkwardly trying to avoid eye contact.

Fast forward twenty-five minutes later, I'm perched on Jake's lap, holding his face in my hands, and he's kissing me.

How the times change.

Jake's hands dig into my sides, and he kisses me gently. 

I'm positive that this is it. I've lost my mind. I'm sitting on a guy's lap in the middle of the night, in a dark classroom, kissing him with no hesitation. How did I get here? How the hell is this my life?

The other thing that bugs me, is that this whole situation is so cliché. I used to dream about crazy romantic stuff like this happening when I was,  like, thirteen. That was when I fisrt started reading romance novels. 

Reading books where the main guy is perfect is almost every way, definitely raised my standards, and so far the only personality type I can find myself attracted to is cocky bastard. It does make sense though. I would always gush at the overconfident, jock in any story I read. It only makes sense that given the opportunity to kiss one, I wouldn't think twice and go for it.

And what really shocked me, and that he was the one who initiated this whole interaction. Sure, I was the one that decided "screw this" and jumped on top of him, but it's not like he's resisting in any way. In fact, it's quite the opposite. 

He's the one that keeps leaning forward, each time we pause to take a breath, and he slides one of his hands up to my lower back, pulling me impossibly closer. I turn his face, slightly, to kiss him deeper, and he doesn't object. My heart is beating so fast I feel like I may pass out. 

I keep expecting him to pull back and stare at me like I'm crazy, but he's not. He's been acting so weird all night. First, he followed me to the water fountain, next he confessed to thinking about me often, he started staring at my lips multiple times, and he's now enthusiastically making out with me. 

What. Is. Happening.

Why is he doing this? Is he kissing me back because he feels like he has to? It definitely doesn't feel like he's just doing this for show, though. It feels much more intimate than that, but who knows what he's thinking right now. Lia is not going to be happy when she finds out about this.

Lia. Oh crap, I forgot about her. 

I instantly pull back, and Jake stares at me in surprise.

"Oh no no no no no no, what have I done?" I say outwardly, covering my face in absolute shame. I'm a stuttering, flushed mess as I try to say something, anything that would justify what I've just done, but I can't come up with anything.

I peek through my fingers, and Jake's still staring. He quirks an eyebrow at me, but he doesn't look upset or angry. His facial expression is a mix between confusion and assuredness.

"Calm down, sweetheart. Why are you panicking?" He asks in a low, calm tone. His hands are still on my waist.

"Why am I panicking!?" I almost shout it. "Jake, if you haven't noticed, I just kissed you."

Jake rolls his eyes and says, "Yeah Hailey, I definitely didn't notice you fucking straddling me."

"And you," I pause for emphasis. "You kissed me back."

"Wow, I definitely didn't realize that either." He deadpans. "Had no idea that I was making out with you. Thanks for clearing up that little misconception."

I scoff at him, and cross my arms, leaning back so that we're not as close. Jake drops his hands from my body, but I'm still sitting on his lap because neither one of us seems to care that it's happening.

"Jake. You know what this means?" I say, rubbing my palms over my cheeks in pure embarrassment.

"Yeah, I do Hailey. It means we kissed. Are you okay? You're turning red."

"How are you not fazed by this?!" I whisper-scream, lightly hitting the side of his shoulder.

"I am fazed, but I'm not freaked out, because this is what I wanted."

"What the hell do you mean by this is what you wanted?" I ask, confused by his choice of words.

"Hailey. You can't be this ignorant. Your self asteem can't possibly be this low. You have better be joking. I've made it so obvious. I have basically told you. Not outrightsaid it, but anyone would be able to figure out what I mean." He says, crossing his arms as well. 

"I don't know what you're talking about. What do you mean you've "made it so obvious"? What are you saying?" I ask, and I truly have no idea what he's talking about. 

I just kissed him out of the blue, and now he's saying he's "wanted this"? What exactly does "this" mean?

"Hailey, you're so oblivious," he says in mock disappointment, shaking his head.

"I am not! If you would tell me what you mean, this whole conversation could be over!" I say, irritated at his superiority.

"I'm not sure you want the truth, princess. It will send you screaming in the opposite direction. I have no idea why you kissed me or got on top of me, but I sure as hell know why I enjoyed it." Jake retorts, still not answering my question, and instead supplying me with me even more inquiries.

"What do you mean you "know why you enjoyed it"? What are you saying? Why are you saying this? What is happening, Jake?" I ask, nervously chewing on my lower lip. He's making it sound as if he doesn't regret what just happened, even though that between the two of us, he should absolutely be the one freaking out.

He has a girlfriend. Okay, not one that he likes or wants to spend time with, or even likes him, but nonetheless, still a girlfriend. And because of that information, I now understand what was going on in his head when he broke down in front of me in my room all those months ago. And then theres the comparison between us. I'm not even on the same level as Lia. 

"Slow down. You're gonna give yourself a headache with all these questions," Jake murmurs.

"Okay, then here's an amazing idea! How you answer some of my damn questions!" I almost yell at him.

"Ohohoh, how the turns have tabled. All I ever wanted was answers for my questions from you, but noooo, that was too difficult, wasn't it?" He says, jokingly. "You're getting a taste of your own medicine."

He's right. I was always so difficult when he asked me questions. Now I know how absolutely infuriating it is. How exactly did he find it in himself to not strangle me? 

"Okay, but I told you what you wanted to hear eventually, didn't I?" I fire back. "Be honest, Jake. I thought you said you wanted to be honest with me."

"I do, princess. You have no idea how much I want to tell you, but it also scares the shit out of me so I'll tell you eventually. Just like how did with me," he states, calmly, and I come way to close to slapping him in the face.

"Just tell me what you mean, you asshole. You're stressing me the hell out." I say, gritting my teeth.

He pauses for a second, and his smirk falters. He looks away from me, and opens his mouth to say something, but stops and closes it quickly. Eventually he turns back to me and says, "You've stressed me the hell out since the moment we met, as well. Don't you think I deserve some sort of payback?"

"No. You don't. Jake, please," I plead, and he flushes. 

"I-I okay, look." He sucks in a deep breath, and turns to focus his attention on me. "You can't completely lose it. We're stuck in this classroom for another..." He looks up at the clock and finishes with, "eight hours. So please just don't make the next several hours a living hell for me."

I press my lips together, and whisper, "Of course. I won't no matter what you say," I assure him, and he nods and shuts his eyes for a few moments, opening them seconds later.

"You want the whole truth?" He asks, blushing, and his cheeks are shaded in a deep, crimson red. I've never seen him look so nervous and unsure of himself. 

I nod.

"Okay so...um...I wanted to kiss you."

What.

"I've wanted to pretty much all night. I was going to earlier by the water fountain but then that lady interrupted us so I didn't get to. I meant it when I said that I care and think way too much about you, and I lied when I said I wanted to be your friend. I don't. I really, really don't because..."

He pauses, and looks me straight in the eyes. He's so flushed, but so, so attractive. I'm going to pass out from shock any minute now. Is he...

No, he can't. It's impossible. All this time I've been pining after him, has he been...

"I don't want to be your friend because I don't want you in that way. I've never wanted you in that way. Never. I lied to myself at first and told myself that's what I wanted. I basically forced myself to believe it, because I was sure that if I gave in, and accepted that I've never been interested in just friendship with you, everything would fall apart."

"From the first second I met you, I felt something with you that I've never felt for anyone. Not Lia, not Luke, not any of my friends. I went home that day and was so fucking distraught because I was sure I'd never see you again. Then when she showed up at school two weeks later, you gave me the biggest case of butterflies. And on the first day, I was upset when I saw your neaklace with you and Adam's initials on it, because I thought you guys were still dating."

"You're the reason I can't fucking sleep, and my insomnia is so bad. I've almost had a heart attack a few times because I thought I might have accidentally liked a pic of you on Instagram before. You know how you were reading that book, "Better Than The Movies" a few months ago? I went home and stole that book from my sisters room, and stayed up almost the entire night reading it. It's was cheesy as fuck, but I loved it simply because you seemed to love it too."

"Every time I tease you, or pass you in the halls, I get butterflies without a doubt. I act stupid because I want to catch your eyes. I tease you because I love seeing you flushed because of me. I've wanted to punch Luke so many times in the past several months because before he fell in love with a guy, I thought he wanted you, and I couldn't figure out why it pissed me off for awhile, until I did."

"I asked you to tutor me because I wanted to spend time with you. I didn't care that I'd have to spend likely three hours doing mind-numbing math, just as long as you were there."

"I followed you out into the hall tonight because I wanted to apologize to you, and as I said earlier, you were stressing me the hell out. I kissed you back because I've wanted to for, honestly, the past few months."

I stopped breathing properly a long time ago. Jake's right, I am losing it. I'm already lost. He's confessing to...

"So," he says clearing his throat, and maintaining his eye contact. It hasn't broken this entire time, and I've been hit by wave, after wave of new, scary, beautiful emotions I don't know how to describe. "This has all been a very long-winded way of me telling you the whole truth. Well, almsot the whole truth."

He breaks our eye contact for a moment to grab my hand and intertwine our fingers. He locks his eyes on mine once again, and very quietly admits;

"And to be completely, truly, honest with you Hailey? I love you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 1.9K 46
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
1.7M 102K 82
Nolan, an unapproachable guy who ignores the existence of all his schoolmates, sleeps in all of his classes. Normally, this wouldn't be Chelsea Arnol...
2.4K 134 36
Created by: Uyên Completed -Parts written by Minty(She's a ghost writer for a lot of Lander books) {Book description} It had been a few months since...
11K 155 20
After the music club won 2nd place in the competition, everything started to change. The music club gained prominence and everything seemed to be fin...