Chapter 26 - Locked In

☆Jake☆

"Is this spot okay?" My mom asks.

"Yeah, right here is fine," I tell her, reaching for my backpack in the seat behind me. The strap catches on something, and I have to tug it free.

"Remember Jake, don't do anything stupid. Follow the rules they set for you, and I will pick you up at any time throughout the night. Please don't do anything you know you shouldn't do, and please don't feel like you can't text me, I'll -"

"Mom", I say, practically scolding her. "I'll be fine. Stop worrying so much."

I reach out and grab my mom's hand, giving it a light squeeze. She smiles lightly and whispers, "I always worry about you. I love you Jake, have fun."

I smile back, and drop her hand, hitching my backpack up on my shoulders. 

"I love you too mom. I'll text you tomorrow when I want to be picked up, okay?"

She nods lightly, looking a bit teary, and I slam the car door, throwing one last wave in her direction.

I head towards the two main double doors, and I notice a group of seniors lining the entrance. I walk up to a guy with a buzzcut and a lip ring, whose nametag says "Kye". He asks me my name and grade, and I respond with, "Jake Sterling, eleventh grade." He nods once, and highlights my name, as he hands me a sheet of paper.

I thank him, and head inside to the gym. I raise the page Kye gave me, and scan it, briefly reviewing the rules.

1. All the doors leading to the gym will be locked at 10:00pm.

2. You may socialize and use your phones until 11:00pm. That's lights-out time, and anyone caught with a phone after selected time will have their device taken away. It will be returned to you in the morning.

3. No violence. There will be no kicking, punching hitting, or using your body to physically harm anyone else.

4. You are allowed to leave at anytime throughout the night, but you must notify a chaperone or teacher. You will be allowed to use your phone to call/text your guardian for this purpose, even if it's after 11:00pm, but you must stay within an adult's eyeshot while doing so.

5. Nobody is permitted to leave the gym, besides the people who wish to leave. However, if you choose to leave early, you are not allowed back in.

6. If you need to fill up your water bottle, ask a chaperone or teacher. No student is allowed outside of the gym, and will be given a month of detention if caught in any of the hallways or classrooms.

7. No wepons, alcohol, drugs, or vaping pods are allowed on school grounds. If you are caught with any such items, they will be taken away, and you will be told to leave.

8. To all students, especially couples, no fooling around or outrageous acts of PDA. Each student is allowed to sleep by their friends/significant others, but not share a sleeping bag, cuddle, make out, or have sex. You are allowed to hold hands and exchange brief kisses. 

9. KEEP YOUR CLOTHES ON. This was put in all caps because many people is previous years have gone to bed naked. You must wear a shirt that covers your chest and stomach, and pants that cover the parts nobody else wants to see.

10. Thank you, and have fun!

I outwardly laugh at the last two rules, and think that it may disturb some couples ideas of "fun" tonight. I'm also a bit relieved for the rules though, because I was worried Lia might want to publicly display how "in love" we are once again.