Chapter 10 - Spilled Coffee and New Enemies

♡Hailey♡

I've been at school for almost a week, and to be honest, I'm kinda glad Shannon forced me to go. It's yet another thing she was right about. How is everything she says spot on?

For the past week, I've been spending lunch with Zander, Milly, and Sean. We all just kind of clicked. I brought in one of my short stories for Milly, and together, we've been writing an ending. Zander will give his input sometimes, but it's mostly "kill this character, they're annoying".

Sean will also sometimes aid us in the production, but mostly listens to music or talks to me and Milly. Zander seems to scare him a bit. I can't blame him. One of the only people who hasn't been scared of Zander is Daisy. Then again, she's known him since seventh grade. He was softer back then.

I have another person I talk to, but I wouldn't exactly call us friends. It doesn't feel like friendship. We only talk to each other in class, or when it's required. As soon as that lunch bell rings, we go in separate directions.

It doesn't help that he's friends with Aaron as well.

 Ever since my first day, Aaron has been a complete douche to me. He tries to trip me all the time, talks behind my back, and gives me a plentiful load of glares and dirty looks. He acts as if I ruined his life. 

Then there are his friends. I wouldn't say they're much better.

From what I've gathered, his best friend is this guy named Drew. He's kinda tall, with dark eyes, and his hair is a deep shade of magenta. He's overly judgemental, rude, and had an ill-tempered demeanour. He's a jerk to just about everyone. I can see why they get along so well.

Then there's Liam and Henry. They're very average. They can definitely be jerks, but they're basically harmless. They like to make dirty or irritating jokes during class, but just about everyone does that, so I can't really complain.

To be honest, the two actually seem to have some sort of chemistry. I've heard them talk about how they've known each other since fourth grade. They make jokes about making out with each other, but sometimes, they seem genuine. I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

The last two in that little friendship group are Jake and Luke. Luke is by far the kindest out of everybody in that group. He was the guy who toured Zander on the first day, and somehow, put him in a good mood.

He's not only kind, but honest, compassionate, and very genuine. He's an absolute sweetheart, and the only person I've ever met in my life who's able to make Zander smile. Luke always waves to him in the hallways, and they are partners in chemistry.

Lastly, we have Jake. There's a lot to say about him.

When I first met him I didn't think much about it. I just thought that it was strange how we just both happened to be on the same road in the middle of nowhere at the same exact time. I debated for about a day, but basically forgot about it.

Then, I show up at school a week later and boom! He's there. 

We like to pretend we both hate each other, but if that were true, he wouldn't talk to me and I wouldn't talk to him. 

I actually enjoy talking to him. Would I ever tell him this? No. Definitely not. However, that doesn't mean that I dislike him in any way whatsoever. I enjoy his personality. He's a complete idiot, and I have to say, it's weirdly entertaining.

He could have better friends, but overall, I like him. Not in the love way, but in the platonic way.

I like to think that he feels the same way, but I'm not sure. He seems to be a good actor. He seems like someone who could easily rewrite his past with words.