THE GIFTED | STRAY KIDS ✔

By STARXNYU

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ [completed] ❝we... we can't do this. it's against the rules.❞ ❝fuck the rules! you know we both want... More

intro
guide
playlist
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
epilogue
photos

16

653 17 31
By STARXNYU

Chan was incredibly upset. He had been in a meeting with Captain Lee, instructor Choi, and the director for an hour, and all he received were excuses.

"The Bluetooth connection was lost, Chan," the director said. "There was no other way to contact you."

"So you just left us to deal with those criminals, helpless and vulnerable!?" Chan's anger flared. "Changbin got shot, for God's sake! You didn't even provide us with any medical equipment. You just assumed Felix could heal him without any help."

"We have personally apologized to both of them," Captain Lee interjected. "We promise this won't happen again."

"There can't be a next time," Chan declared, rising from his seat. "I'm done. We're done. All of us."

He moved to leave but was halted by the director.

"Mr. Bang," the director spoke calmly. "I think you're forgetting that all eight of you have signed the contract."

Chan bit his lip in frustration. He had indeed forgotten about that. There was no way for him to dissolve the contract. He would have to continue in this situation. He slowly sat back down.

"We know how all of you must be feeling -"

"No, you don't!" Chan shouted. "You have no idea what we went through. We almost died!"

"Chan, we will ensure your safety next time," Captain Lee assured him. "And if, for any reason, we fail to do so, we will allow you to leave."

"Really?" Chan asked, clearly unconvinced.

"Yes," the director affirmed. "We will terminate all eight of your contracts. Of course, you won't receive any money."

"We don't care about the money," Chan rose once again. "You better keep your word." He said, walking out of the door. He swore under his breath as he took the elevator to the 20th floor.

When the elevator doors opened to their common room, he was met with six anxious faces. Chan sighed and joined them.

"So?" Minho asked. "What did they say?"

"They said we can't leave," Chan relayed.

"Why?" Hyunjin inquired.

"Because of our exclusive contracts," Chan explained. "We'll have to stay here until those criminals are defeated once and for all."

"What nightmare have we gotten ourselves into?!" Minho exclaimed, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"But," Chan continued. "They said we could leave if they failed to provide us with protection and equipment next time."

"For God's sake," Seungmin muttered, throwing his head back in exasperation.

"I'm sorry, guys," Chan said, sinking heavily into the couch. "I couldn't do much."

"Hyung, it's not your fault," Jeongin comforted Chan, gently rubbing his back. Chan smiled softly at Jeongin and ruffled his hair.

"How is Changbin?" Chan asked Felix, who was nestled between Hyunjin and Jisung.

"He's resting," Felix replied, a small smile appearing on his face. "He's not in pain anymore."

Chan nodded, feeling immense gratitude toward Felix and his tireless efforts.

Hyunjin tenderly ran his fingers through Felix's hair, helping him relax. Jisung had his arms around Felix's waist, providing support as he leaned against him. They understood how exhausted he was. He had been by Changbin's side day and night.

They all sat in silence, the weight of their situation hanging heavily in the air. The room felt suffocating, filled with a mix of frustration, worry, and exhaustion. The events of the previous mission had taken a toll on each of them, both physically and mentally.

"Do you want to rest for a bit?" Hyunjin whispered into Felix's ear.

"I really don't want to be alone right now," Felix replied, nuzzling his head further into Hyunjin's shoulder.

"I'll stay with you," Hyunjin gently caressed his face. "If you'd like."

Felix looked up at Hyunjin with wide eyes. "Really?"

"Of course," Hyunjin smiled softly. "I'll do anything to help you rest. Do you want to go to your room or mine?"

"Yours, please," Felix shyly requested, earning a nod from Hyunjin as he stood up. Felix squirmed a little in Jisung's arms, causing the other to release him. Hyunjin hoisted Felix up, holding him close.

"We're going to rest," Hyunjin announced, keeping Felix in his embrace. "We'll join all of you for dinner soon."

They received understanding nods from everyone as they walked toward Hyunjin's room and entered. Felix immediately crawled under the cozy sheets, burying himself in them.

Hyunjin chuckled at the sight and joined him, settling himself beside Felix. The two lay there in silence for a while.

"Can you..." Felix started, his voice trailing off.

"Can I what?" Hyunjin turned to face him slowly.

"Um," Felix hesitated, avoiding eye contact with Hyunjin.

"What is it, love?" Hyunjin gently turned Felix's face to look at him. Felix's cheeks heated up as he met Hyunjin's eyes. He decided it would be easier to convey his wishes this way, without having to say them out loud.

Hyunjin smiled once he understood what Felix wanted. "Is that all? What were you so afraid of, darling?"

The pet names had become a regular thing between them. Hyunjin had started calling Felix by all sorts of endearments, and Felix had grown to like them a little too much. So, he never corrected Hyunjin, allowing himself to indulge in all the affectionate nicknames.

"I just didn't know if you wanted to..." Felix trailed off.

"Come here, sweetheart," Hyunjin opened his arms for Felix. Felix immediately complied, melting into Hyunjin's embrace.

They stayed wrapped in each other's arms, finding solace in the warmth and comfort they provided. The tension and worries of the outside world seemed to melt away, if only for a moment. Hyunjin ran his fingers through Felix's hair, gently massaging his scalp, while Felix nuzzled closer, seeking a sense of security.

"You're safe here with me, Felix," Hyunjin whispered, his voice filled with sincerity. "I won't let anything harm you."

Felix let out a content sigh, his body relaxing against Hyunjin's. In that moment, he felt a deep sense of trust and reassurance, knowing that Hyunjin would always be there for him, supporting and protecting him.

As they lay there, their breathing slowly synchronizing, Felix couldn't help but feel grateful for the bond they had formed within their team. Despite the challenges they faced, they had become a tight-knit group, always looking out for one another. The strength of their unity was evident, even in the face of adversity.

Meanwhile, in the common room, the remaining members of the team shared a mix of concern and determination. They knew the risks involved in this mission, and yet, the recent events had shaken them to their core. But they also understood the importance of their mission and the commitment they had made.

Minho let out a sigh, breaking the heavy silence. "We can't let this defeat us. We've come too far to give up now."

Seungmin nodded in agreement. "We need to focus on our objective and find a way to ensure our safety. We can't rely solely on others."

Chan, though still burdened by the weight of responsibility, felt a glimmer of hope reignite within him. He looked at his team, the ones he had grown to trust and depend on, and a sense of determination filled his heart.

"You're right," Chan said, his voice filled with newfound resolve. "We may not have control over everything, but we have each other. Let's strengthen our bond and support one another. We will face whatever comes our way, and we will come out stronger."

The others nodded, a renewed sense of unity forming among them. They knew that the path ahead wouldn't be easy, but they were ready to face it together as a team.

┈───────ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ

[A/N]

Did y'all see clips of skz in lollapalooza?! They literally killed it!! And they looked amazing doing it.

Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter! Please vote and comment <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 12.5K 73
Decently popular model Lee Felix is an absolute die-hard fan of Stray Kids. Occasionally, he makes posts about them, and when he does, they blow up...
60.6K 2.7K 36
*COMPLETED* Han Jisung, a boy too scared to speak his mind in public, or in private. The doctors can't decide what to do with this severe anxiety, an...
3.7K 230 10
3Racha, the biggest rising Kpop group Korea has had as well making a global impact. Containing three members, the leader Bang Chan, Seo Changbin the...
90.5K 3.6K 55
Minho only wanted one thing: revenge. He was going to kill Jisung and he thought nothing could stop him. But then, his plan for revenge takes an un...