Harry Styles Short Stories

By watchmegetobsessed

A collection of my short stories/oneshots/blurbs originally published on my tumblr. The fics are being reuplo... More

WAITING FOR YOU
SPARKLES
RISK IT
WE DID IT
GOOD MORNING
HEY ANGEL
GOOD GIRL
MY BEST GIRL (Good Girl part 2)
TASTES LIKE STRAWBERRIES
AN OCEAN AWAY (Tastes Like Strawberries part 2)
MINE AGAIN
FAILED, FAKED, FALLEN
FLOATING THROUGH SPACE
GRAMMY WINNER HUSBAND
BABY GRAMMY (Grammy Winner Husband part 2)
CRUSHING
ALL YOURS
ALL IS FAIR
SAFE AND SOUND
THE DEAL
LOVE LANGUAGE
MOTHER TONGUE
LITTLE ITALY
SLEEPLESS
ASMR
DOGS OR CATS
PINK PANTS
BABY MAMA
POUR IT OUT
TO BE SO LONELY
YOUR BABY
PARTNERS IN CRIME
COSTUME
OVER THE RAINBOW
RIPPED AND RUINED
UNPLEASANT BUSINESS
EDGING
BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE
NUMBER ONE
NO REGRETS
NERVOUS
GROWING OLD
THE NAKED TRUTH
NEXT DOOR
LANGUAGE COURSE
TEAMWORK
AS IT WAS
WASTED TIME
POWER COUPLE
WET DREAMS
INFATUATION
FASCINATION (Infatuation part 2)
EVERYDAY THINGS
ICE COLD
MY QUEEN
EXCEPTION
THE FEELING IS MUTUAL
INTIMATE AND PUBLIC
COVER UP
IN THE MIDDLE
BLIND EYE
BIG BOSS
COZY SUNDAY
SNACKS AND SEX
PARENT TRAP
GOLDEN TICKET
CHILDISH
HOPELESSLY DEVOTED TO YOU
LIKE FINE WINE
DATE NIGHT
DELICIOUS
HOT AND COLD
SUBTLE
LIKE A FAMILY
HOME THIS CHRISTMAS
MIDNIGHT CRUSH
NO HEARTBREAK
SAUNA SESSION
TWENTY-NINE
AND THE GRAMMY GOES TO
THE BRITS
SNEAKY
EARLY MORNING
BULLETPROOF
DECODE
NIGHT OUT
TOO FAR
DESSERT
CHEESY
MY HERO
NO MORE GAMES
PUPPY LOVE
WARDROBE MALFUNCTION
ON REPEAT
JUST HANDS
UNSPOKEN
THE FINAL SHOW
HOME
ILLICIT THOUGHTS
ILLICIT TEMPTATION (Illicit Thoughts part 2)
ILLICIT ACTS (Illicit Thoughts part 3)
FRUITY
SIREN
TROPHY WIFE
UNOFFICIAL
MISTLETOE
ONE YEAR
MISTAKEN HATRED
THE USUAL
NOW AND FOREVER
NOW AND FOREVER (part 2)
GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME
MAD MAN
OLD GRUDGES (part 1)
OLD GRUDGES (part 2)
OLD GRUDGES (part 3)
OLD GRUDGES (part 4)
TOO SWEET
BEHIND BARS
WING IT
SOFT LAUNCH
MAKE HER REGRET IT

CRUSH

3K 55 7
By watchmegetobsessed

SUMMARY: Harry has been into you for way too long, but you haven't given him a chance. You run into each other at the Grammy's afterparty and you finally tell him why you're so adamant about keeping your distance.

WORD COUNT: 2.2k

Harry will forever remember tonight.

It's his second time going home as a Grammy winner and nothing can ruin this experience for him, not even how his performance was ruined. He did it again and nothing else matters for now.

Or at least that's how he should be feeling as he is celebrating with his friends and other winners and artists at the after party, but something keeps bugging him.

Just hours earlier he ran into you again and he hasn't been able to get you out of his mind since then. It's no surprise you were at the award show, even though you're not a singer he could have expected to run into you at one of the most important nights of the year. Yet, he was still surprised to see you walk down the red carpet, but it might have been because you always have that effect on him no matter what.

If someone asked Harry who his celebrity crush was he would say you with no hesitation or remorse. He's been enamored with you since the first time he met you at some other after party a few years ago. The two of you were introduced by a mutual friend and he stuck to your side for as long as possible, drinking up every word, every laughter and every look you gifted him with. He thought you were way out of his league, he still does, but that doesn't stop him from yearning after you like a lovesick puppy every time your paths cross. Harry can't tell how many times he tried to flirt with you before, but his flirty comments were met with soft rejection every time, you never seemed to be returning the gentle feelings and though it was devastating, he knew he could do nothing.

He could at least call you his friend, more or less. He definitely has a tither connection with you than with most people in this room, there's a bigger circle of friends you both share so you end up meeting every few months without planning it and there are periods when you're even texting.

He hasn't talked to you for a while now, so seeing you brought his feelings back he's been harboring for so long.

Now as he's sipping on his drink he can't help but keep looking around, trying to spot you in the crowd to no avail for now. He pulls out his phone and opens the message thread with you, rereading the last few texts he exchanged with you a while back. His thumb hovers over the screen, fighting the urge to hit you up with a message when an elbow meets his side. Looking up he sees Mitch beside him.

"Your crush is here," he informs Harry with a knowing smirk, nodding towards the bar.

He follows his friend's gaze and spots you only seconds later. You've changed out of your burgundy gown he saw you wearing earlier, sporting a chic pant suit this time, but you're just as breathtaking as ever.

Mitch just chuckles when Harry gets up without a word and heads over to you. Pushing between guests he ignores everyone who might try to strike a conversation up with him until he finally reaches you.

"Y/N, hi!" he smiles at you warmly. You turn to face him with a cocktail in your hands, a wide smile stretching across your face.

"Harry! What a nice surprise!" you chuckle. "Congrats on your wins!" You don't hesitate to put an arm around his neck and pull him into a hug that he returns gladly.

"Thank you."

"Though it was no surprise you won, the album is amazing."

"You listened to it?"

"Of course," you chuckle. "I wouldn't have missed it."

"Do you have a favorite?" he asks with a cheeky smile.

"Hmm, probably... Satellite."

"Great choice."

The conversation keeps flowing and suddenly it feels like it's just the two of you even though it's a crowded party that's happening around you. Harry realizes that no matter how much time passes between each time he sees you, he will always catch himself falling for you over and over again. He tries to flirt with you this time as well and this is the first time he can feel like his rizz is not going straight over your head.

"Y/N, I need you to be very honest with me," he starts, when you both had a few drinks. Neither of you is drunk, but definitely tipsy.

"About what?" you chuckle.

"Do I have a chance with you? For real, I'm not playing here," he smirks, placing one hand to his chest, while holding up the other one, his half empty glass rising into the air.

You sigh deeply, looking away from him as you busy yourself with your own drink.

"Ah, it hurts!" he acts as if he was shot in the chest. "Am I that ugly and boring?"

"Of course, you're not!" you roll your eyes.

"Okay, do you like me?"

"I do," you admit, avoiding to look him in the eyes.

"Alright, then let's take this conversation over to my place."

"I can't," you shake your head.

"We can go to yours as well, I'm fine with that too," Harry half jokes, but he notices that you're not laughing. "Y/N, what is it then?"

"I need to get some air." Jumping to your feet you leave your drink behind and head out to the back of the place that's the smoking area, hoping to be alone for a bit, but Harry rushes after you, determined to get answers this time.

He finds you in a dark corner, your arms wrapped around yourself as you stare out into the void.

"Y/N, I'm sorry if I went too far, I didn't mean to."

"It's... fine."

"I just... fuck, I really like you. A lot. I can't stop thinking about you and... I couldn't just not shoot my shot."

"You've been shooting your shot for a long time." He finally sees a tiny smile on your lips.

"So you did notice my attempts?" he grins. "Just chose to ignore them, I guess?"

"Harry, I can't."

"Can't ignore them anymore?"

"No. I can't date you."

"Can't as in...?"

Sighing, your head falls back, against the wall as you close your eyes for a few seconds before opening them and finally looking at him.

"I don't date."

"Why?"

"Because of Arian."

The picture is finally crystal clear in Harry's head. You're depriving yourself from dating because of your son.

It's no news to Harry that you're a mother, he has even met your five year-old son, but he never thought of him as the reason why you keep rejecting him. You keep your private life pretty hush hush, especially since you split from your ex, Arian's father three years ago. No one knows why you called it quits and there's actually no photo of the little boy online either, that's how dedicated you are to protect him from the public. Harry completely understands it, but he doesn't see why you can't date because of Arian.

"The little guy doesn't want to share you with anyone else?" he tries to joke.

"I'm a single mother who is also an actress. My life is complicated enough without dates and boyfriends."

"Woah, we're only talking about one boyfriend," Harry puts his hands to his chest. You crack a smile, but it's not as genuine as he would want it to be.

"It's just not the right time for me to start dating again. I'm sorry."

"I'm a little hurt you're not even giving me a chance."

"I'm sure dating a single mother is not exactly your dream either."

"Y/N, I haven't even thought about it until you brought it up. Arian is a cool little guy and I have no problem with you being a mother."

"You will at one point, trust me," you scoff and Harry tries not to take it personal. You're just trying to protect yourself and your son, it's not against him.

"What if I prove that it's fine? That I'm not just some random guy who will come and go?"

Staring back at him you chew on his words as you tilt your head to the side.

"We'll see."

***

At first the peace and quiet takes over your waking mind. You feel a gentle breeze from the window you left open for the night and you stretch long underneath the silky covers when it finally dawns on you.

It's peaceful. And quiet. You haven't had a morning like this in about... well, five years. Arian loves to wake you up whenever you're home, jumping on the mattress, or just cuddling to you, either way, he never misses a chance to spend a morning with you.

So where is he now?

Slight panic rushes through your veins as you quickly wrap yourself in your silky robe and head out to find your baby. All the worst case scenarios flash through your mind, but they dissolve the moment you reach the stairs and hear his laughter coming from the kitchen. With careful steps you approach the source of his voice that's mixed with another one, a more mature male voice that you don't recognize at first but when you round the corner and see what's happening in your kitchen, recognition washes over you.

Harry Styles is making pancakes in your kitchen with your son. And they are making a big mess, but Arian seems to be enjoying it. Music is playing in the background and there's a ginormous bouquet of flowers on the kitchen island. Your heart flutters in your chest as you walk closer.

"Mommy!" Arian notices you and climbing off his stool he runs over to you and you gladly pick him up into your arms.

"Hey baby, what's... what's happening here?"

"Harry is making us pancakes!" He throws his hands up into the air in excitement as you walk over to the kitchen island and sit him down on top of it.

"Good morning, Y/N," he smiles at you so charmingly, it's hard to focus on the fact that he is in your house on a Saturday morning.

"Hi, what do you... Um, what are you doing here?"

"Mommy, I told you, he is making us pancakes!" Arian giggles.

"I know, baby. Hey, you're still in your pajamas, why don't you go up and change?" You help him off the counter and gently push him towards the stairs. He runs off singing to himself.

"Before you throw me out," Harry starts, holding the spatula up, "You told me to prove it."

"Prove what?"

"That it's fine that you're a mom. So, this is our first date, in your house, with your son, so you don't have to worry about him or get a babysitter."

"How did you even get into my house?" you chuckle in disbelief. You're definitely touched by the gesture, you don't like to spend time away from Arian when you're not working.

Grinning, he starts flipping the pancakes in the pan.

"Well, I might or might not have contacted your agent who hooked me up with your housekeeper who let me in this morning."

"Wow, my own staff betrayed me," you chuckle.

"I wouldn't say betrayed. They both were happy to help me, because they want what's best for you."

"And that would be you?" you ask, arching an eyebrow at his cockiness. He shrugs, but his smirk tells it all.

"Look," he sighs, turning the stove off. "I really did mean it. I don't care that you're a mom. It's all good, it's part of you. I don't want to just come and go in your and Arian's life. Just give me a chance to prove that it could work."

He must have some kind of magic power over you, because he really just waltzed in here, made some pancakes and convinced you to change your mind.

"Arian will always come first for me, Harry."

"Of course, I wouldn't expect anything else," he nods.

"That means that even in my limited free time, you'll most likely have to share me with him. I'm not the type to let nannies and babysitters raise my child."

"And I love that about you. Arian is lucky to have you as his mother."

Staring back at him you want to say no, but you simply can't. It's impossible.

"Okay," is all you say.

"Okay as in... You'll give me a chance?"

"Yes, but don't fuck it up," you chuckle as Harry walks closer and his hands find your waist, pulling you closer. It's the first time he is physically this close to you, but it feels like he's been doing it since forever, like you belong in his arms.

"Never," he smirks and as he leans closer you hear a pair of tiny feet running down the stairs, so you step back just in time for Arian's return.

"Give me the pancakes!" he giggles, climbing up to a stool and you smile at Harry.

"See, he is already cockblocking you," you whisper to him chuckling.

"Touché," he sighs with a smirk. "But he is cute, so it's alright." Shaking it all off he turns to Arian as he places the pancakes on a plate. "So, what do you want on top?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 647 18
A collection of my favourite stories that I managed to salvage from Tumblr!
32.8K 718 10
Hiii! Just a collection of more one shots from my tumblr for those who don't like reading on the app. My other two books like these were gettin too b...
14.1K 209 6
All Harry-themed One-Shots. I'll be posting a new one every day until Sunday, June 24th!
245K 2.7K 75
*COMPLETED* Short imagines about Harry Styles! ( Some of these are from tumblr, giving them full credits.) •FLUFF/CUTE IMAGINES •NO SMUT