WASTED TIME

SUMMARY: An unusually nice looking man wanders into the bar where you work at and an unexpected friendship forms along with a deal, but how long can it last when you start to fall for the man that's out of your league?

WORD COUNT: 7.9k

WARNING: sexual content

"How is tonight's crowd?" Chantel asks when you stomp to the back to put on another shirt because you once again spilled beer on yourself. She is already dressed in her pink outfit, the high heels she is wearing look awfully painful and you have no idea how she can dance in them. She's got her usual blonde wig on, going for the full Barbie look and men just eat it up all the time. Normally, she is not the type of person you'd ever see yourself befriending, but working at the bar for two months now you got to know some great girls, all of them struggling just like you. The bar pays well, the wage is generous and everyone gets to keep their tip. The owner is a decent guy, he wants to keep his staff satisfied and motivated to work so he is not trying to rip young women off who want to make money.

"We have two bachelor party groups, some weirdos in the back, but Lance has his eyes on them. Nothing extreme," you tell her with a smile and reaching up you fix some lipstick she smudged onto her chin.

"Thanks babe," she smiles before making her way out to the stage, ready to dance around her pole for the next hour.

You get to the changing room and opening your little locker you pray to find something you can change into. You're definitely not in the mood to smell like beer all night and have your shirt stick to your chest until it dries.

Going through everything you have in there, deodorant, some snacks, an empty water bottle and a pair of old Converse, you only find a tiny crop top that could serve as your change. It's still better than the beer shirt so you decide to put it on. It has your cleavage very much on display and your jeans are not high-wasted enough to reach the hem of the top so you're showing some of your stomach as well. If you ditched the pants you could easily be one of the dancers in this outfit, you think to yourself as you shut the locker and head back out.

Your landlord raised your rent a few months ago and you had to quit your part-time job on campus and find something that pays better. As a student finishing your masters, you didn't have many choices, you still have some classes so a full time job wasn't really an option. That's when the bar came into the picture. It pays more than your previous job, just enough that you can pay your rent and make it to the next paycheck and with the tips you can even afford to see a movie or have drinks with your friends once in a while. It's all you want and need right now.

At first you were nervous to work at a bar that's almost like a strip club. It's not called that because the girls don't get undressed, they just dance on the stage. But with time you got used to it and now not many things can faze you.

"Table two," Roland tells you when you approach the bar and pushes your tray closer to you, full of drinks.

"Thanks," you sigh, grabbing the tray and making your way to the table.

Chantel is already up on her little stage in the left corner, one of the bachelor groups ogling her like she was just a piece of meat. You walk past one of the weirdos as you reach table two, setting the drinks down to the guys.

"Thank you beautiful," one of them winks at you, but not in the creepy way so you flash him a smile and ask if they want anything else. They say they are fine so you turn around and head back to the bar.

The weirdo is eyeing you now, you can feel his gaze burning down your body, you even catch him staring at your boobs, but you decide to ignore it. He is not bothering you or trying to touch you, so it's all good.