THE FEELING IS MUTUAL

SUMMARY: Your little Italian getaway with Harry is something you'll probably remember forever, since it's where Harry has decided to get on one knee.

WORD COUNT: 1.6k

You haven't felt this relaxed in what feels like forever. It's been way too long since you and Harry had a getaway, a real one where it's truly just the two of you. No friends, no bandmates, no family, just you and him, hidden away from the rest of the world.

It's nice to share memories with your loved ones, some of the best trips you've had were ones you went on with your friends, but sometimes you just need the alone time, the escape from the busy everydays.

Harry surprised you with a little Italian getaway out of the blue just a week before the initial date of the vacation. By that point he had arranged everything, even got your boss to give you the week off, so you only had to worry about packing your suitcase.

Now it's been three days since you left your usual, hectic life behind and you've been enjoying every second spent in literal paradise with Harry. The best part of the vacation is that you're in such a tiny, hidden village, that the people living here couldn't care less about who Harry is, fame doesn't seem to exist here. Only maybe for that friendly goat that wanders around the streets every morning and everyone seems to greet it as if they knew it personally.

As you sit on the terrace of the only restaurant, owned by the loveliest elderly couple, you listen to the music played by the guitarist who also works as a baker. The setting Sun is painting the skies a wonderful mixture of red, orange and blue and you listen to the chatter of the people around you, not understanding a word since they talk in Italian, but you just love the sound of the language so much.

You're sharing a tiny table with Harry, sitting next to each other, he has an arm draped over the back of your chair, his fingers gently dancing around in circles over your shoulder, upper arm or side, always touching you in some kind of way. Even though you're not married, this little getaway has made you feel like you're on your honeymoon. Sleeping in late, cuddling in the morning that usually turns into some slow, lazy sex, then you visit the market, walking around hand in hand, picking out the fresh ingredients for the meals you plan to make. You have breakfast that almost turns into lunch, then usually lounge around while it's too hot outside, reading a book while Harry is scribbling into his notebook, filling it with new lyrics ideas. You go to the beach nearby, sunbathe and swim around like little kids, splashing each other until Harry catches you and throws himself into the water with you in his arms, kissing the salty water off your lips.

The evenings are for cooking or coming down to the restaurant when you're not in the mood to stand by the stove, you fill your stomach and take a walk once the Sun has settled and the temperature has dropped a bit. Arriving back home you usually end up making love, on the couch, in the shower, in bed, it doesn't matter, you both are craving to be as close to each other as possible before ending the day, wrapped up in each other's arms, drifting off to sleep only to wake up to another perfect day.

You've never felt more full of love, so contented and satisfied and you wish you could stay like this for the rest of your life.

Harry leans closer and plants a kiss to your temple, you smile at him, placing a hand to his thigh that's partially on display thanks to his shorts, but it gives you more access to him which you definitely love.

"Enjoying your vacation?" he hums as you lay your head to his shoulder and bask in the peace of the moment.

"I love it here. Can we move here?" His shoulder shakes from his laughter before pressing a long kiss to your forehead.