ALL IS FAIR

SUMMARY: A CEO against CEO enemies to lovers fic.

WORD COUNT: 16.7k

WARNING: sexual content

"Stop being such a stuck up dick, it's your birthday, bro!"

Harry rolls his eyes at his friend who walks into his penthouse as if he owned. Niall Horan was so well-known in Harry's building that he could have easily walked into any homes in the tower and people would still welcome him warmly. It might have a few things to do with the fact that half of the residents in the Compass Tower are women who are hopelessly in love with either Niall or Harry, hoping for a chance to drag either of them into their bed one day. They have a lot more chance to do that with the Irish bloke than with Mr. Styles. Not that Harry doesn't find them attractive, but he is not the type to have one night stands, something his friend gives him quite a lot of shit for.

"Would you fuck off for twenty more minutes?" Harry sighs, shooting him a look as he covers the speaker of his phone, in the middle of a call.

"You have ten minutes and we are leaving. I'm not letting you work on the night of your thirtieth birthday!" Niall warns him before walking into the kitchen to roam the always full, neatly stocked fridge.

As much as Niall Horan comes off as an irresponsible cocky child, he is quite the businessman himself as well. As the Lawyer of one third of New York's most influential people, he surely doesn't have to worry about making a living, enjoying his luxurious apartment a few streets away from Harry's place on the Upper East Side. It's not as expensive and impressive as Harry's penthouse on the top of the tower his father built in the heart of the posh neighborhood most people only know from TV shows, but he couldn't complain.

"Another designer refused to sign with us, H. We are running out of options," Lambert's voice rings through the phone as Harry turns to the floor to ceiling window, staring out to the city skyline in front of him.

"We have quite a few left, right?" Harry asks clenching his jaw.

"Yeah, but I heard that Cometa is planning on announcing something big next week so I think a lot of them are waiting for that to happen."

"Do you think it's another collab? But they just had fucking Chanel have a line sold through them!" Harry growls, his blood boiling at even just the thought.

When it comes to fashion in the virtual world, there are two businesses that totally dominate the industry. In the men's wear, Twisted is definitely the number one selling place. The idea started off as just a freshman school project that originally wanted to sell tech stuff, but a few years into the project Harry met Lambert who was already a rising star in the fashion industry and they joined forces, creating the most classic yet affordable and user friendly online empire: Twisted. Though Twisted mostly features men's clothing, they've been trying to venture to the field of women's fashion, but it hasn't been as easy as they thought it to be. And the reason for that is Cometa.

Cometa was originally a website where anyone could sell their own clothes, make their online wardrobe sale. But eventually the business grew itself out and stepped up a few levels, collaborating with various designers and brands, selling exclusive lines and a highly praised seasonal variety four times a year, earning a well-deserved top spot in the online fashion industry. It's hard to compete with what Julia Bianchi built up through sweat and blood and Harry Styles has been working on stepping up to be a major competition for Cometa in women's fashion, with not much luck so far.

To top the cake with a delicious looking cherry, Cometa has been trying to set feet into men's fashion as well in the recent years, bringing out several lines with some mentionable designers, but they never made it be as big as Twisted. The two businesses have been trying to outdo each other for about a decade now, with not much luck so far and Harry's patience is running low by now.