FAILED, FAKED, FALLEN

SUMMARY: A fake dating AU with Fratboy!Harry as the mistaken womanizer and Y/N as the girl who fell for the wrong guy.

WORD COUNT: 16.6k

Tonight has been in the making for ten years. Every fiber in your body is protesting against it, but you just can't carry this massive secret around any longer. You need to tell your best friend that you are in love with him, have been since middle school when you first met him. It's a scary thing to come clean about your feelings for someone, but you feel like it's now or never.

Your friendship with Oliver has been always a little... blurry. You were just regular friends when he was dating someone, but whenever he was single, he seemed to seek comfort and intimacy with you. It always starts with him getting a little more touchy and cuddly with you, then comes the kissing and hugging, his hands wandering to places friends shouldn't explore and you somehow always end up in a bed...

Then it would immediately change once he got himself a girlfriend and you figured he has just been confused about his feelings for you. It has to be that, right? These past few weeks the situation was the same. He broke up with this girl he was seeing all summer before you all came back to school and you think this is the perfect time to finally talk about what's really going on between the two of you.

Your roommate, Sandra has helped you with your makeup for tonight's frat party and now you are deciding on the dress. You want to look your best so when Oliver confesses his love for you tonight, you'll look as dreamy and pretty as you always dreamed about.

"The black one is fucking mint," Sandra points at the black bodycon dress lying on your bed. "I can give you my red leather jacket," she offers, finishing up putting her hoop earrings in.

"The red jacket?" you eye her in surprise. Sandra loves that jacket more than her own life. The two of you have been sharing your clothes since you became roommates last year, but the jacket has been off limits always.

"I know how important tonight is for you. The occasion deserves the red jacket," she chuckles, stepping to her wardrobe to get the jacket. It's the most badass leather jacket you've ever seen, looks so perfect on Sandra every time she wears, you feel honored she is letting you take it for the day.

"Oliver won't be able to keep his eyes off of you," she smiles at you excited once you're all dressed. The jacket looks amazing, pulls the look together perfectly, you can't deny that.

Soon enough, the two of you leave the dorm and head in the way of Kappa Chi, that's only a fifteen minute walk away from your dorm. They are having a party almost every other week, those boys would celebrate the stupidest shit just to fill their house up with people and booze as much as possible. You and Sandra have been attending their parties since first year, it's always a great way to unwind after a tiring week at uni.

"When is he coming?" Sandra asks over the music once you two arrive and head to the kitchen for a drink.

"Um, he texted me ten minutes ago that he is about to leave soon. He'll be here shortly," you tell her and thank her when she hands you a beer in a red solo cup.

The house is packed, just like always. Most of the football players from school are member of Kappa Chi, so naturally, all girls want to be around when they are throwing a party. You could say they are the popular guys, but it's not like in the movies. They are just some particularly handsome guys living together, attracting a lot of girls. They are not at all unreachable, you are kind of friends with a few of them as well even without being a sorority girl yourself.

Standing in the kitchen you get into a conversation with a few girls from your dorm, that's when you see Harry Styles storm through the house, Naomi Saddler following behind him, seemingly very much in the middle of a fight he doesn't want to take part in. You know Harry, but you couldn't say you two are that close. You did a group project last year together and he is actually a really smart guy despite the gossips about him just being a dumb womanizer. He surely is a ladies' favorite, but you wouldn't say the description fits him. You haven't actually seen him with more than three girls since freshman year, unlike some of his other teammates that hook up with a different girl every weekend. He and Naomi have been in this on-off relationship for a few months now, but you don't know much about them. You don't run in the same groups to know the details.