The Dating proposal

By imaginator33

Meet Quinn Machester. An actress in her late twenties who lives for the day she'll finally get her lead role... More

Author's note and copyright
Achievements
✨PLAYLIST✨
♡CHARACTERS AESTHETIC♡
01| Heartbreak And Blonde Mess
02| Crazy Rich American Mums
03| Scars Are Perfections
04| Dinnings And Proposals
05| Deals And Assistants
06| Psycho Everywhere Everywhere
07| Meeting With The Devils
08| Best Headline Yet
09| The Trauma
10| What Happened Last Night?
11| Past Pains Rushing Back
12| Ace.....Are You Safe
13| Somewhere Safe
14| Her Dark Secret
15| Ball of Chaos
16| I'm his fiancee
17| Exes and wishes
18| Perfect Match And Slices
19| Eight long years
20| Mystery Flower shop
21| The Butterfly Effect
22| Drunken kisses
23| Soulmates
24| Cheese in the trap
25| Mothers and Grandmas
26| A little reunion
27| The first tear
28| An Actual Relationship
29| First Encounter
30| Lost Her
31| Third Wheel
32| The Story Begins
33| Stuck with you
34| August 25
35| First kiss
36| Not Again
37| Favorite Mistake
38| The Coach's Office
39| The Kims
40| A Dangerous Couple
42| One Day
43| Vlad
44| Mudered
45| Hey Barbies
46| The arrest
47| Son
48| From me to you
49| The Manchesters revenge
50| His sacrifice
51| Logan Winston
52| The Devil Awakens
53| Ace Motherfucking Winston
54| A happy house

41| Calm Before The Storm

342 29 13
By imaginator33

♡♡♡
Ace

It's been two days since we met Mr. Kim and we've decided to visit the hospital on Saturday which was the only visiting day they had. Every time my mind goes to the fact that they're both alive and yet left me alone it makes me want to instantly jump off the building but the woman beside me, the only one I love makes that thought wash away.

My mind wandered away filled with those thoughts as I stared at the city from the seat in my office. My back was facing the room as I let myself go. The room was quiet, though Pablo and Lilly were both unusually quiet today, it's not a surprise. The atmosphere at all the buildings of the company had been like that since my grandfather was admitted. The issue of who was going to take over was choking everyone.

It was strangling me the most. I mean I'm the one who's the original Winston and the name of the company is the Winston's company it's literally in the name that it's for me. Now, not only do I have to cross through the Jeffersons I also have to watch out for Carl who had already gotten on the good side of most of the workers and shareholders. I don't blame them though, heck I don't even know their names.

It is so not surprising that my grandfather hasn't been pronounced dead yet and the fight for the company has already begun. The investigation on the food poising had also begun. I was called in for questioning. I told them the truth that I barely saw the man talk less of having a meal or cooking a meal for him. The last time I saw him, he was having tea with Mrs. Manchester.

"Mr. Winston." Alexander's voice cut through my train of thought. I spun around to face him.

I wondered if I could trust Alex I mean he's like my Carl and look where that led me.

"I just got a call about Miss McKenna's presence. Should she be directed here?"

I nodded.

The room went silent again until a slight knock was heard on the door. I raised my hand to signify that I would answer it myself. While grabbing my suit from my seat I placed my phone in my trousers pocket and walked out. I swear I heard Lilly and Pablo and even Alexander let out a breath they'd been holding once I stepped out.

"Hey," Kenna said with a smile on her face and I forced a smile.

"Is everything okay?" She asked immediately, sensing my discomfort.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing was okay!

"Yeah, I'm just stressed," I told her and led her to a mini-meeting room at the end of the hall. She was skeptical but nodded anyways.

"So... how's my working attitude? It's been a week now. Well, it'll be a week tomorrow but still. What's my review?" She asked enthusiastically as we stepped into the empty room with a small round table and four chairs.

I chuckled and sat. She sat beside me.

"I think hiring you here was the best decision I made about this company," I said truthfully and she gasped.

"Oh stop," she blushed and covered her mouth with her hands.

I chuckled again. "I mean it, I need to start having people on my side. How's the legal team? Anything suspicious?" I asked getting straight to business.

She tucked her hair behind her ears and her blue eyes landed on mine. "You have bad luck with people here Ace."

I shut my eyes as her word cut through me but it wasn't surprising. "I know, but I don't need to please people. I can't please everyone."

"Sooooo who exactly have you pleased since you started working here?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

I looked up and tapped my feet on the floor. "My- my oh yes! Alex- Alexander my Carl!"

She gave me a disappointed look. "Look Ace, to win this fight you do not only have to prove yourself and your abilities but business is a rough deal. You have to get people on your side, you cannot survive alone, and with your mindset of I don't need anyone. You need people Ace."

"I'm working on it," I breathed. "I really am. I can't lose this company."

"I'm here to help you, now that your grandfather is unconscious they can't get him to sign the property transfer. Now their only hope is through a vote, once they win that it's over. So you have to get people to have faith in you and you have to do it fast."

"Thank you Kenna..... I'm really grateful."

She nodded.

"I need to ask you about something. Look I know it's not right for you to tell me what I want but please for old time's sake." I began.

She adjusted in her seat. "I'm all ears."

"Do you know who's handling the drug dealer case? The one where the clients who get caught end up dead?"

She gasped and moved in her seat. "How do you know it's a drug dealer case? The only thing the public knows is about the deaths. And..... my team's in charge is that. I'm the representing attorney."

I clasped my hands and a scoff of amusement escaped my lips. "I've never said this before but it really is a small world."

"Speak! Do you know something about this case?" She asked as she quickly brought out a notepad and a pen from her bag.

"I know way too much for my own good."

A huge grin masked her lips and she pressed the top of the pen to begin writing. My eyes flashed to her hands and I swiftly took the pen from her hand which made her eyes widen.

"What?!"

I pursed my lips. "I can't have you writing anything down," I explained. "I can only give you a little detail. I'm just doing this to protect an innocent person who just like me is getting dragged into a mess because of her family."

Kenna's breathing calmed as she took in my words. She kept her note back in her bag and gave me a little smile. "You can trust me."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

"I need it to be perfect! Get out!" I yelled at Harry for the tenth time that morning and he huffed.

"I'm just here to help! I mean imagine helping set up something for the Quinn Manchester," he smiled and walked past me to grab the bowl of chocolates.

I placed my hands on my waist as I watched him ignore me.

"I can handle this, go back to Nayoung."

"No! She's busy getting ready to start working at the company," he replied instantly and moved the little pillows into the tent where my couch once was. "Why do you want me to leave too soon anyways?"

Because-

"Hello to the biggest simp in the universe!" A loud familiar voice called from the entrance of my apartment and I face-palmed myself.

Because of that. I don't want to see Harry all over Kenna again. Since the day he met her at my office, he's been asking about her every chance he gets.

"Who's that?" Harry asked right before he tripped on a pillow on the floor.

"Ouch," He groaned.

"Who fell so hard?" Kenna's laugh echoed in the room as she came close to us and dropped the cake on the coffee table next to Harry. She crouched next to him.

Harry looked up instantly and they both fell back as their eyes locked, low gaps escaped both of their lips and I rolled my eyes.

"You're the girl from the company!" Harry thought out loud and instantly stood up. He held out his hands for her, she looked at his kind gesture and looked away while getting up herself. Harry slowly took his hands to the pocket of his pants.

"Okay so I couldn't stop this encounter from happening," I said, walking in between them and giving them a strict look. "So we have to work together, Quinn would be back from the work soon so it's a double celebration. Her birthday and her last scene for the movie. So to avoid you two from doing whatever the fuck just happened you'll be working in different rooms."

"At least you woke up with her in your arms. You got to have birthday sex and breakfast together. I haven't seen my best friend today at all. Believe me, I want this to be perfect for her," Kenna huffed.

Damn, do best friends tell each other everything?

I shot her a look. "Yeah lucky me I won't deny that."

"And yet you want to have her for the rest of the day too?" she added with her eyebrows raised.

"Is there a problem with that?" I questioned and titled my head. She scoffed.

Now Harry stepped between us. "I don't have any plans for the day though."

"Huh?" Kenna and I both asked, confused.

"You're having a whole event planned for her. Let it be a mini-party. So Kenna and I can stay. That way Kenna won't be like a third wheel since I'll also the here. Kenna can also get to spend the day with her best friend, everyone is happy."

"But what do you gain from being forced to stay here because of me?" Kenna asked.

"I get to be with you," Harry replied instantly.

The room when quiet as Kenna couldn't find the words to speak.

"No no no! This is supposed to be an evening for me and my woman with no other people trying to get into each other's pants," I protested.

"Excuse me? Get into who's pants?" Kenna scoffed.

"Oh please don't be a crybaby," Harry rolled his eyes.

They both spoke at the same time.

Kenna turned to Harry. "We're you talking to me?"

Harry looked at her confused before his eyes widened and he immediately shook his head. "I was talking about Ace crying about not having Quinn alone for himself," he said nervously under her gaze.

"Oh okay," Kenna said and they both turned to me again.

"This is exactly what I don't want to happen in my apartment," I groaned. "And you Harry, a mini party is supposed to consist of just close friends and family. I can understand Kenna being invited but you? To Quinn, you're just the brother of the girl who wanted to steal her man."

Harry busted out laughing. "Who told you that?" He laughed. "Quinn and I have practically become best friends. Since the day we met here, we've been chatting on Instagram look-" He showed me his chats with Quinn but didn't let me grab his phone to inspect it and he instantly kept it back in his pockets. "You can't see that, we mostly gossip about you. We both have valuable information about you, do you know that? I think she would be more than glad to have me at her birthday party."

How didn't I know about any of this? I shut my eyes and ran my hands through my hair. "Okay whatever, you can both stay," I gave up and they smirked.

"Kenna you can set up the drinks and Harry you stay over here," I stated.

Harry grinned from ear to ear watching Kenna walk over to the mini bar and I slapped the back of his head.

"I can't even feel that, I'm too busy falling in love," He cooed with his hands on his chest.

Rolling my eyes, I walked away to get the cake Kenna bought.

It was going to be a long day.

More the like calm before the storm.

The day before I meet my parents.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

Hey loves.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and like Ace said it might just be the calm before the storm. *winks*

Vote, comment, and shareeee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

935K 51.6K 66
How very noble of you, Mr. Lockhart. I don't need your help. I can do just fine." I retorted. "I'm a lot of things, Victoria." Tyler said leaning aga...
325K 11.6K 51
Newton needed an apple to discover the Law of universal attraction. I needed Alex Carter to discover the attraction. Alex Carter, THE BAD BOY. Do I n...
105K 4.2K 55
IMPORTANT: The story contains lots of swooning moments, funny insults, chaotic and HOT situations, staring contests with a couple of intense blue eye...
394K 10.5K 56
Ares, the typical hot playboy, decides to bet on his own dad's best friend's daughter in his ego. He would hate to sip from the same glass, let alone...