Cover Girl

By CheesyGreenBeans

"I had always fit into people's standards. Perfect. People don't tell you how much it sucks to be perfect... More

ᥴһᥲrᥲᥴ𝗍ᥱrs
᥆ᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕ᥆ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һrᥱᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆ᥙr - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿і᥎ᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
sі᥊ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
sᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
ᥱіgһ𝗍 - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
ᥒіᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥱᥒ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
ᥱᥣᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕᥱᥣ᥎ᥱ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆ᥙr𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿і𝖿𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
sі᥊𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
sᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
ᥱіgһ𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
ᥒіᥒᥱ𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-᥆ᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-𝗍ᥕ᥆ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-𝗍һrᥱᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-𝖿᥆ᥙr - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-𝖿і᥎ᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-sі᥊ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-sᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-ᥱіgһ𝗍 - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-ᥒіᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-᥆ᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-𝗍ᥕ᥆ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-𝗍һrᥱᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-𝖿᥆ᥙr - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-𝖿і᥎ᥱ - ᥱ𝗍һᥲᥒ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-sі᥊ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-sᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-ᥱіgһ𝗍 - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-ᥒіᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-᥆ᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-𝗍ᥕ᥆ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-𝗍һrᥱᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-𝖿᥆ᥙr - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-𝖿і᥎ᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-sі᥊ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-sᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-ᥱіgһ𝗍- 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿ᥙᥒ 𝖿ᥲᥴ𝗍s
ᥒᥱ᥊𝗍 ᑲ᥆᥆k

𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-ᥒіᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

60 3 0
By CheesyGreenBeans

1

Faye was acting weird. She seemed weak but not at the same time, as if she was just putting up a facade.

We were at the burial and she was stumbling a bit. I knew something was wrong but I tried not to pay mind to it, not wanting to endlessly pry.

She sat in the grass and I'd hoped she'd finally be fine, and she was.

Until she wasn't.

It all happened so fast. She was on the ground, and then she was running. I heard her whisper something before she took off, but I wasn't paying enough attention to decipher what it was.

As soon as I got over the initial shock, I was chasing her. You'd think that since I'm a football player I'd be faster.

You'd be wrong.

I didn't understand why she was running so fast. I couldn't keep up. My lungs constricted in my chest as I attempted to get out any breathing I could.

I shrieked out her name to which she didn't even flinch. She couldn't hear me. I screamed louder. I didn't even notice Ethan running behind me, or the fact that my hands were shaking beyond compare.

The two of us ran as fast as our legs could take us while crying out Faye's name.

"Brielle!" She called out dramatically.

Brielle?

I ran even faster which I didn't know was possible I still didn't understand how someone so small can run so fast.  Tears of confusion and fear grew in my eyes.

"Faye!" I screamed out uselessly.

Except it wasn't useless.

She stopped slowly and turned around, stumbling slightly to her right. I slowed my pace as to not to scare her, but still fast enough to where I could get to her.

But I was too late.

She was on the ground within seconds. Her eyes slowly shut and I collapsed to the ground near her.

"Umm, E-Ethan," I sputtered out, keeping the tears in my eyes, "C-call s-somebody please."

"I'm already on it," he whispered gently, his hand making tiny circles on my back in comfort. I pushed it away, in attempts to decipher what was real in that moment and what was fake.

I picked up her hand that was laying on the grass.

She was so cold.

I brought her to her back and took my two fingers up to her neck.

I felt the pulse of her veins under my fingers and sighed in relief, bringing my head to her chest.

She looked so pale and helpless. Had she always looked like this? Had I just missed everything?

If I'd missed this, what else had I missed?

What was I even missing?

Her life? Her well being? Her?

I felt her freezing hand again before taking off my jacket and putting it on her body. I shivered at the wind hitting my bear arm, but didn't have it in me to care.

Ethan came back over and informed me that people were on their way.

Not fast enough.

They should be here.

I should be doing something.

I needed to help any way I could. I dug my arms under her body and picked her up. She barely weighed anything.

What am I missing?

I blinked more of the continuous tears back and began running towards the parking lot. Ethan was running after me I'm sure, but I didn't care. I just needed her to be okay.

"Matteo, people are coming. What are you doing?" He asked gently as I reached the parking lot.

"I-I need to get her to th-the place. I n-need her to b-be safe."

My lungs constricted in short, shallow breaths. I felt like I was suffocating, but I couldn't worry about me. My hands were practically useless at that point. They shook as if there was an earthquake.

I placed Faye's seemingly lifeless body onto the nearest bench.

"Matteo," Ethan comforted, placing his hand on my arm, gently rubbing it, "she's gonna be fine."

I ignored his sympathy and focused on the girl in front of me.

"H-hold on, t-they're c-coming, okay?  Hang on, if-if not for you then for m-me," I pleaded, clutching her frail hand.

I heard the sirens grow louder by the second.  The ambulance poorly parked in the lot and the paramedics began rolling out a gurney and charging toward us.  Ethan pried me away from Faye so they could get her on the stretcher.

"What is your relation to her," somebody came up and asked.

"I-I'm her brother."

He asked if I was coming with them to which I nodded frantically, eager to follow him into the vehicle.

"I'll be there soon," Ethan insisted after grabbing my arm, "I'll be driving right behind you guys."

"You don't have to do that."

"Just go be with Faye.  You shouldn't be alone after that."

I nodded absentmindedly.  After, I ran over to the ambulance and hopped inside before they shut the doors.  My hand instinctively grabbed Faye's.

I was so out of breath and sweaty but I didn't have it in me to pay any mind to it at the moment.  All my focus was on Faye.

"Oh god," I whispered as her heart beat on the monitor quickened.  Pain swept over my immobile body.

She can't be gone.

I can't lose her too.

Talking took up the sound of the vehicle.  I answered all of their questions to the best of my ability, not taking my eyes off of my sister.

The vehicle finally came to a stop and the doors were being opened, exposing me to the bright sunlight. 

People rolled out the gurney and yelled out her condition.  The doctors all rushed her inside, almost faster than I could follow.

Almost.

I still managed to run with them, not wanting to leave her.  I needed to keep her safe.  It was my job to keep her safe, and I'd failed that job already.  I wasn't going to fail again.

"Sir, you can't be past this point," one of the doctors said.

"No," I begged, "no please."

"She can escort you to the waiting room," the doctor requested, gesturing to a petit nurse.

"You don't get to quit on me, okay?" I assured my sister, pressing a light kiss on her forehead, "do great, I love you."

I let the nurse take me away.  I was still so dazed.  I greeted Ethan with a bone crushing hug in the room the nurse took me to.  He squeezed me tightly until the tears finally began to fall.

I tried so hard to push them all back, but I couldn't.  I didn't know why was wrong or if Faye would be okay.  All I could do was sit in the unknown until the doctors called me.  I didn't know where she was going or when she'd be back.

I felt his grip loosen, but I immediately tightened mine.

"Please," I whimpered, "just stay.  I need you."

"Okay," he whispered, placing his hand on the back of my head and playing with my hair.

We held each other for an eternity and more.  I felt so helpless.  Being in his comfort made it better, but the pit in my chest didn't go away.

I finally let him go reluctantly.  He led me to a little couch and we both sat down.  The cushion was cheap but I wasn't in the place to critique.

I started to grow sick to my stomach.  I was in so much pain and had nowhere to execute it.  My leg shook relentlessly.

I heard a flatline go off in the next room.  My chest tightened and I let out a sob.

"Please, please wake up," I whispered to myself, "I can't do this without you."

0

A/N: I cannot express the amount of gratitude i have for each and every one of you. Thank you for clicking on this story and sticking it out to the very end. I don't expect many of you to read the authors note, but if you are, this has been such a wonderful journey and I can assure you that by the time this chapter comes out a new story will be in the making. It took me 284 days to make this and I would take 365 more if it meant people would read and enjoy it and I'm gonna be taking a lot more time getting you guys more books. Also I wanted to thank everyone who has voted or commented or even viewed. It's currently almost at 3K (now almost4.5k) but I can imagine it'll be at a bit more than that, although I can't expect much. All in all, thank you again for this amazing journey and I can't wait to go through it again.

QOTD: What were your thoughts on Cover Girl?

Word Count: 1488

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 373 83
"It's too much to remember everything and everyone, all pain and hurt is killing me day by day little by little. I wish I could remove all the pain a...
83 9 9
The first book in the 'Sanity:' Trilogy "He looked me up and down, ... before cocking his fist back and punching my squarely in the nose, sending me...
2.6K 210 42
My hands instinctively move to his hair as I fall into a bliss of pleasure. His lips trail from my jaw to my shoulder, making my body burn and tingle...
28.2K 2.6K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...