The Grand King and Queen [Oik...

By mangoezhoez

Oikawa's sister... the great Oikawa Tooru, and his little sister. To get out of his shadows you went out to f... More

1. You Should've gone to Shiratorizawa
2. Meat buns
3. Novice
4. Gungun Yogurt >> Yakult
5. The Flower Pot
6. Dorming
7. The Intersection
8. First Practice
9. Oikawa Cuisine
10. Onigiri with da bros~
11. Oversleeping
12. Hacking the vending machine.
13. Hell week but it's training
14. Interhigh
15. Interhigh - Quarterfinals
16. Interhigh - 2
17. Interhigh - Semifinals
18. Interhigh - finals
19. Next Time
20. Off days
21. Super glue
22. The White Knee Pad
23. Caltan
24. Interhigh Nationals
25. Interview
26. Day Two
27. Nationals - Quarterfinals
28. Nationals - semis
29. Beef
30. Party at Aunt Miya's
31. Pond Duel
32. Sick Days
33. Training Camp
34. Training camp - 2
35. Training Camp - 3
36. Oikawa
37. Hyogo
38. Sleepover
39. Love Letters
40. Mani no Pedi
41. Luck
42. Prodigy
43. Let's Get It
44. Thank You
45. Engawa
46. Deal?
47. Lights
48. New Year
49. All-Japan
50. Shark(ie)
51. 113
52. Polaroid
53. Sugar Cubes
54. Onita
55. Iwaki
56. Wanaka
57. Pretty Girl
58. Young Miss
59. Deal.
60. Date Auction
61. Strong
62. Cherry Blossom Tears
63. Peculiar Meetings
64. Seijoh
65. Mija
66. Shoji Screens
67. Practice
68. Doki Doki
69. Intrusive Thoughts
70. Choco Milk
71. Wise Words
72. Fingers
73. Weekend in Tokyo
74. Feisty
75. Favorite
76. Weirdo(s)
77. Like and Subscribe
78. I <3 You
79. Questions
80. Interview
81. Training Camp
82. Dragon
83. King
84. Spooky
85. "Coaching"
86. Athletic Festival
87. Flower Field
88. Friendly Rival
89. W's
90. Party Hardy
91. Class Inspection
92. Sister
93. The Competition (?)
94. Training Camp
96. Bars
97. Minegishi Minami
98. Call
99. The End

95. Kanari

700 33 12
By mangoezhoez

"Okay ladies, we're starting with scrimmages of twos. Same pairs as before, get together with your assigned roommates."

You smiled, high-fiving Minegishi as you got in line to wait your turn on your respective court.

It was similar to the "king" scrimmages you had played before, a type of knockout where the pair who wins keeps playing.

You stood at the sidelines, observing the other pairs pass by and the kings come and go.

Up until it was Minegishi and your turn.

Against the one and only Hayashi Emiko.

You both stepped back into receiving position, getting into the mood as the coach blew her whistle, Hayashi serving the ball over.

Minegishi stepped to the side, receiving the ball with a small huff as you ran up under it.

You glanced at Minegishi, watching her nod as she ran up at an angle, jumping up seconds before you as you set the ball to her in a quick.

She spiked the ball down forcing Hayashi to dive for it given that she was placed in a way to receive a cross shot.

She dove, missing the ball as she watched it roll away.

The rest of the girls looked at it roll away, glancing back at the two of you when you cheered.

"I thought she was going in for a cross." Ozawa whispered to the girls.

Yasuda and Yonamine nodded as Kano spoke up. "We all did."

You breathed in, throwing the ball up as you observed it for a small second before running up after it.

You jumped up, puffing your cheeks as you slammed your hand against the ball at your fullest strength, a loud thud following after it.

"Out!" Hayashi called out, both of them looking back at the end line before everyone looked up at the screen above.

The screen showed the plays on the court seconds delayed.

You all looked at the serve in repeat, watching the ball fall just centimeters in front of the end line.

"In." Coach Horie declared, Hayashi immediately turning back to glare at you as you freaked out with Minegishi.
"Ain't no way!" You cheered, jumping up to hug her as she jumped with you, both of you standing back when you remembered you were still in the middle of a match.

You stepped back to serve again, waiting for the whistle as you served it over right at the whistle.

Hayashi's roommate bumped it up shakily, Hayashi quick to follow up as she jumped up.

You saw her roommate hesitate before jumping up, Minegishi quicker to jump up.

Hayashi spiked the ball down, hitting it straight into Minegishi's hands and redirecting back to the floor.

You cheered, double high-fiving Minegishi as you glanced at Hayashi's roommate glare at her, mumbling words inaudible to you both.

Hayashi rolled her eyes, following her off the court before looking back when Minegishi called out to her.

"Better luck next time Kakashi-san~"

You puffed out a small laugh as you duck under the net to walk to the other side.

Hayashi glared at her. "It's Hayashi."

Minegishi hummed, ignoring her as she instead smiled at Ozawa and Yasuda walking up.

"That was merciless." The assistant coach murmured to the head coach. Coach Horie only nodding along with a small smile.

"I wonder which one of the two they pissed off."

"Coach Horie!"

"Yeah yeah, no cussing, I know."

-

You glanced down at your phone, smiling softly as you looked at the messages from Goshiki.

Tsutomu🐣❣️

No seriously, Karasuno's #10 sneaked into the camp

And that tall four eyes lost his cool🤣

He was all like stupid!

You're so stupid!

🤣🤣🤣

But the little one was super mega impressed by my super straight straight!

Then Tendou-san came to the camp

...

We lost that practice match

Oh and I totally tricked four eyes with my spike

And the onion head

And the angry bird

😎

You softly laughed at his string of messages, looking up when Minegishi cleared her throat.

"Who's got you smiling like that?" She asked, grin painting her face as she wiggled her eyebrows.

You rolled your eyes, responding to Goshiki before setting your phone down.

"It's a kouhai from Shiratorizawa." You explained, watching as she sighed in disappointment.

"Lame~"

You snickered, slipping your tracksuit jacket on before grabbing your water bottle and looking back at her.

"You ready?"

She sighed, standing up as she nodded.

"Let's go."

-

You crouched into receiving position, stepping towards the ball as you easily picked it up.

You looked at the setter position herself under it, setting it up for Minegishi in a quick as she spiked it down in a quick attack towards Hayashi.

Hayashi shakily bumped it up, smirking at Minegishi only to see her looking in another direction.

Minegishi ran across the court, jumping up with Yonamine to block the spiker.

The ball touched Yonamine's fingertips, her "One-touch!" call heard soon after.

You looked back, seeing Ozawa lift her hands up to pass it to the setter.

She received it easily, looking at you mid-jump and setting it effortlessly.

The opposite blockers jumped up to block Minegishi, who was in front of you, only to begin falling back down when you reached the apex of your jump.

You slammed it down, watching as the ball hit the ground and rolled away effortlessly.

You breathed out, nodding to yourself before turning to high-five your teammates.

"Good job, rabbit." Minegishi hummed, high-fiving you as you softly scoffed.

"Thanks, bamboo."

Minegishi snickered, shifting positions before glancing back at the sound of someone clearing their throat.

You both looked at Hayashi on the other side of the court, both Minegishi and you on the front row now.

She looked up at the both of you, smirk on her face as you both stared at her in confusion.

"I hope you know how to block, Oikawa."

You lift a brow, setting your hands on your hips as you heard Ozawa bounce the ball for her serve.

"I don't remember establishing a relationship where-in you could address me simply by Oikawa." You said, moving your hands to the back of your head when the whistle blew. "So it's Oikawa Y/N to you, thank you very much."

Hayashi deadpanned at you, about to respond before Ozawa served the ball over, all three looking up to see it glide overhead.

You stepped back, looking at one of the girls bump up Ozawa's jump floater, all but shakily.

The ball began moving back towards the net, both you and Hayashi jumping up to hit it.

Due to your added height, you managed to reach the ball first, instantly spiking it directly down.

The whistle blew right after, marking it your point as you stood up straight again, looking at Hayashi with a raised brow.

"You didn't even put up a fight?" You questioned her, Hayashi only glaring at you as Minegishi piped in.

"Better luck next time, Kakashi-san~" She teased, scrunching her face in laughter as she grinned at Hayashi.

Hayashi glared at the both of you now, clenching her fists at her side as she raised her voice.

"I already told you, it's Ha-" She said, the rest of her sentence being drowned out by the prolonged whistle.

You and Minegishi instantly turned around, beginning to walk back to your bags as you stretched your arms up. "Lunch break~!"

-

"There's extra food today?" You asked, looking up at Minegishi who nodded with you.

"Guess we just have to eat that much more." She grinned, licking her lips as she looked at the different options.

You softly snickered, looking back at the added chatter.

You watched a group of boys trail in, their chatter dying down when they noticed the girls were in there too.

The process repeated as the rest followed in.

You turned to look at a specific dark haired boy, walking alongside a tall boy with a broccoli-like head.

You softly snickered to yourself, smiling at Kageyama when you made eye contact.

You turned back around, serving yourself the last of your dishes as you nodded at Minegishi to follow you.

You walked to the usual table the two of you sat at, settling in as you glanced up at Minegishi's sudden scoff.

You looked to her side to see Hoshiumi setting his water bottle down in the spot next to hers, not getting the opportunity to laugh before two hands reached in front of your face to cover your eyes.

You turned your head back, leaning on the person's stomach as they kept their eyes over your eyes.

You kept your head leaned back before smiling. "I know it's you Atsu."

The person took their hands back, the light momentarily blinding you before your eyes focused on a smiling Atsumu looking down at you.

"Hello, kanari."

You raised a brow at the sudden word, confused by the context before looking at him placing his water bottle down next to you, shooting you another quick smile before turning around and walking away.

You stared at him walking away with a raised brow, shaking it off before turning to your food but stopping at the looks Minegishi and Hoshiumi were giving you.

Hoshiumi leaned on the table, looking at you with raised brows and his mouth in a small "o" shape.

Minegishi stared at you with a mixed look of disgust and shock, her mouth curved up in disgust as her brows relaxed against her eyes.

You sat back, looking at them straight as you questioned them. "What?"

"Your future boyfriend ain't gonna like Miya Atsumu, I can tell you that much." Minegishi shrugged, lifting a spoon full of stew to her mouth as she turned to look at Hoshiumi speak.

"You sure it's platonic?" He inquired, standing back up straight as he crossed his arms.

You scoffed, running a hand through your hair before quickly regretting it as you remembered you hadn't showered yet.

"Yea, it's fully platonic, okay."

Hoshiumi smirked, extending his hands outwards as he spoke confidently. "That's not what his fangirls are thinking."

You glanced towards the tables where girls from the camp were settling in, observing the way they turned to talk to each other between glances to both you and Atsumu. Some looked shocked, while others looked closer to enraged.

You shrugged, lifting a spoon full of stew as you looked between the cousins.

"Don't get any weird ideas, we're just friends."

-

"Why didn't you sit with us for dinner, Tobio? Sakusa, Komori, Hoshiumi-kun, and Atsu sat with us too." You asked Tobio, walking him back to his dorm as you pat your hair dry.

"I didn't want to intrude."

You scoffed, reaching over to ruffle his hair.

"You would never." You hummed, glancing at his eyebrows twitch as the action.

"And I don't think Miya-san and I can get along for now."

You raised a brow at him, stopping in your tracks and turning his face so that he'd look at you.

"Did he bully you?" You asked him, holding his face in between your palms as he shook his head.

"No... he just said I'm a goody-two-shoes on the court."

Your face fell blank, trying to understand what Atsumu meant before your eyebrow twitched.

"Why that little..." You mumbled, letting go of Kageyama's cheeks and stepping back. You nodded at him, turning around almost instantly as you stepped towards the opposite direction, stopping when you felt Kageyama hold your wrist.

"Don't tell him anything." He said, sporting his usual blank face.

You scoffed, turning back to him as you tried to make him loosen his grip on your hand.

"What makes you think I was gonna go to Atsumu?"

Kageyama's face fell into a look that basically screamed 'seriously?'.

You rolled your eyes, crossing your arms as he kept his hold on your wrist.

"One small beating ought to do the trick Tobi, don't worry."

Kageyama sighed, shaking his head as he looked at you.

"It's okay, it wasn't anything much... plus I don't want him to know it bothered me this much." He said, mumbling the last part as his face fell dark.

You softly smiled at his expressions, reaching over to pull him into a hug as he finally released his hold on you.

"Well if it's for my Tobio-chan's pride then I guess I won't say anything." You teased, rubbing the back of Kageyama's head as you heard him softly scoff over your shoulder.

You softly snickered, leaning back to smile up at him before reaching down to hold his hand.

"Alright then, back to your room we go Tobi-Tobio-chan~"

Kageyama rolled his eyes at the nickname, smiling softly as he followed after you and tightened his hold on your hand.

"Shut up."

-

"Good job for making it to the end of the training camp ladies." Coach Horie announced, looking over the rows of girls gathered in front of her. "We'll look forward to seeing your performance in the future and to hopefully see you again in the year to come." She smiled, dismissing you all soon after as you each walked over to pick up your bags, still semi-exhausted over the scrimmages you had run prior to the announcement.

You threw your bag over your shoulder, smiling at Minegishi as you began walking out the gym.

"Now to shower and dip back home." Minegishi cooed, stretching her arms up before letting one fall over your shoulders.

"You excited?" She asked as she leaned over in front of you, one arm still around your shoulders.

"Excited to sleep on my comfortable mattress again? Hell yeah." You snickered, Minegishi laughing with you before she lifted her head up and raised her hand up to her mouth to lift her voice.

"See ya at nationals, Kakashi-chan~!" She called out to Hayashi, both of you smiling at the way Hayashi instantly turned red.

Minegishi waved at her as she locked eyes with her before turning away with a huff.

Minegishi put her hand down, shrugging as she leaned back and took her arm off you.

"Sheesh, tough crowd."

You laughed at her words, lightly pushing her to the side as she smiled and shrugged once more, sticking her hands into her pockets.

"Let's go shower now... you're sticky with sweat."

"Minami!"
"Kidding, kidding~"

-

"Y/N."

You hummed, groggily looking up to see Kageyama looking at you with a small smile.

"We're pulling up to the station."

You hummed, sitting up as you yawned, stretching your arms upwards as Kageyama softly pulled your jacket back down.

You set your hands down, picking up your bags as the train came to a stop while you stood up with Kageyama.

You held onto his shoulder as you regained your balance, yawning once more as you followed him off the train.

"Where are you off to now, Tobi-chan?"

You asked him, rubbing at your eyes as he readjusted his bags at his sides.

"I need to go back to Karasuno real quick."

You hummed, smiling at him as you blinked your surroundings into focus.

"I'll walk you!"

"You can't." He quickly responded, making you raise your brows as you looked at him in confusion.

"Huh?"

He glanced back behind you, making you follow his gaze as you eyes landed on your older brother at the exit of the station.

He leaned against the wall, scrolling through his phone as he'd every so often looked up to look around.

Your mouth fell into a small "o."

You turned to look back at Kageyama, shily smiling as you scratched the side of your head.

"Well, I'll walk you next time?"

"It's midday, Y/N, nothing's going to happen."

You pouted at him, seeing his lips turn up in a small smile as he stuck his hands in his pockets.

"Just let me love you, Tobi-kun!"

He scoffed, turning away with a shy smile before looking back at you and smiling fully.

"I'll see you later, Y/N."

You hummed, smiling back as you ruffled his hair.

"See you next time, Tobio."

He hummed, turning away with one last smile before walking to the south exit.

You watched him walk away for a couple seconds before turning around and walking towards your brother.

You sneaked up to him, crouching down under his phone with a bright smile.

"Peek-a-boo, Nii-chan."

Tooru flinched, softly smiling when he realized it was you and dropping his phone into his pocket.

He reached out to wrap an arm around your shoulders, pulling you in under his armpit with a malignant smile.

"Hello, little Bunny."

You fake gagged, pushing yourself out of his armpit to look at him in disgust.

He smiled brightly, letting you go as he took your bags off your shoulders and led you out the station.

"How was the camp?" He asked once you had made it outside, smiling softly at the way you lit up at the question.

"So much happened, Nii-chan!" You began your rant, walking alongside Tooru back to your house as you told him about everything, including details and descriptions.

"And then that bitch from Hisamitsu was there!" You exclaimed, naturally reaching down to hold pinkies with him as you neared an intersection.

"Which one?" He asked, actively participating in the conversation.

"The one whose name doesn't fit her personality, Hayashi whatever her name is."

Tooru's mouth fell into a small "o," looking both ways before beginning to cross the road with you.

You flailed your interlocked hands around every so often, changing topics every couple seconds as you struggled to keep one conversation going.

Tooru would only listen and pipe in every now and then, reacting enthusiastically at your words.

"Well, I'm glad you had fun." He smiled, pushing the front gates open as you walked in and waited for him to close it behind you.

"Yeah, I hope I get called back next year." You hummed, skipping up the stairs in front of him as he snickered.

"What happened to not believing you deserved it?" He asked, looking at your face drop into one of contemplation.

"Well, if Kakashi made it then I'm sure I was called back in for a reason." You reasoned, looking back to see Tooru's confused look.

"Who's Kakashi?"

"..."

"Bunny?"

"Never mind, you wouldn't get it."

-

Kanari: depending on the context can be interpreted as "pretty," "fairy," or "quite/rather"

This is a birthday present from me to you! My birthday has been pretty lonely, but I hope this can at least bring comfort or distract y'all as you read :)

Thanks for reading you beautiful people, and like always, thanks to my fav bae Sarah for proofreading this chapter!

https://bananabossbitch.tumblr.com/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 40.4K 29
In a school like Ouran Academy, the strange and peculiar is relatively normal. (Y/N) (L/N) knew this fact the first day she walked in. On an academic...
195K 6K 21
*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ. ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ'๐ฌ ๐ ๐ซ๐ข๐ง. ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ. โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* After losing her sports scholarship...
29.4K 962 51
"An apology can't change the reality, but it can change one's mind about that reality." ----- A book I managed to whip up in my prolonged spring brea...