𝐇𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐢 『Bakugo Katsuki』

By Queen__Dee__diaspora

_______________________________ "This is the story of how we became the greatest heroes." ___________________... More

Prologue
◆Information◇
◆Chapter 1◇
◆Chapter 2◇
◆Chapter 3◇
◆Chapter 4◇
◆Chapter 5◇
◆Chapter 6◇
🖤Face the Future💚
◆Chapter 7◇
◆Chapter 8◇
◆Chapter 9◇
◆Chapter 10◇
🖤Firecracker🧡
◆Chapter 11◇
◆Chapter 12◇
◆Chapter 13◇
◆Chapter 14◇
◆Chapter 15◇
◆Chapter 16◇
◆Chapter 17◇
🖤Origins🖤
◆Chapter 18◇
◆Chapter 19◇
◆Chapter 20◇
◆Chapter 21◇
◆Chapter 22◇
◆Chapter 23◇
◆Chapter 24◇
◆ Chapter 25 ◇
◆Chapter 26◇
◆Chapter 27◇
◆Chapter 28◇
◆Chapter 29◇
◆Chapter 30◇
◆Chapter 32◇
◆Chapter 33◇
🖤Hero Awakening (Pt.1)💙
◆Chapter 34◇
◆Chapter 35◇
◆Chapter 36◇
◆Chapter 37◇
◆Chapter 38◇
◆Chapter 39◇
◆Chapter 40◇
◆Chapter 41◇
◆Chapter 42◇
🖤Hero Awakening (Pt. 2)💙
◆Chapter 43◇
◆Chapter 44◇
◆Chapter 45◇
◆Chapter 46◇
◆Chapter 47◇
◆Chapter 48◇
◆Chapter 49◇
🖤TH🤍1
🖤TH🤍2
🖤TH🤍3
🖤TH🤍4
🖤TH🤍5
◆Chapter 50◇
◆Chapter 51◇
◆Chapter 52◇
◆Chapter 53◇
◆Chapter 54◇
🖤A+B Slumber Party💖
◆Chapter 55◇
◆Chapter 56◇
◆Chapter 57◇
◆Chapter 58◇
◆Chapter 59◇
◆Chapter 60◇
◆Chapter 61◇
◆Chapter 62◇
◆Chapter 63◇
◆Chapter 64◇
◆Chapter 65◇
◆Chapter 66◇
◆Chapter 67◇
◆Chapter 68◇
◆Chapter 69◇
◆ Chapter 70 ◇
◆Chapter 71◇
◆Chapter 72◇
◆Chapter 73◇
◆Chapter 74◇
◆Chapter 75◇
◆Chapter 76◇
◆Chapter 77◇
◆Chapter 78◇
◆Chapter 79◇
◆Chapter 79.5◇
◆Chapter 80◇
◆Chapter 81◇
◆Chapter 82◇
◆Chapter 83◇
◆Chapter 84◇
◆Chapter 84.5◇
◆Chapter 85◇
◆Chapter 86◇
◆Chapter 87◇
◆Chapter 88◇
◆Chapter 89◇
◆Chapter 90◇
◆Chapter 91◇
◆Chapter 92◇
🖤H R 1🤍
🖤H R 2🤍
🖤H R 3🤍
🖤H R 4🤍
◆Chapter 93◇
◆Chapter 94◇
◆Chapter 95◇
◆Chapter 96◇
◆Chapter 97◇
◆Chapter 98◇
◆Chapter 99◇
◆Chapter 100◇
◆Chapter 101◇
◆Chapter 102◇
◆Chapter 103◇
◆Chapter 104◇
◆Chapter 105◇
◆Chapter 106◇
◆Chapter 107◇
◆Chapter 108◇
◆Chapter 109◇
◆Chapter 110◇
◆Chapter 111◇
◆Chapter 112◇
◆Chapter 113◇
◆Chapter 114◇
◆Chapter 115◇
◆Chapter 116◇
◆Chapter 117◇
◆Chapter 118◇
◆Chapter 119◇
◆Chapter 120◇
◆Chapter 121◇ (Part 1)
◆Chapter 121◇ (Part 2)
◆Chapter 122◇
◆Chapter 123◇
◆Chapter 124◇

◆Chapter 31◇

2.3K 87 25
By Queen__Dee__diaspora

Miyuki sat herself down at one of the tables in Player Waiting Room #2 with a new can of orange juice nestled in her hands. She wondered how Izuku's surgery was going.

"Coming up for the second match of our second round..."

Miyuki looked up to the television at the sound of Present Mic's announcement and saw that the second match had started already.

"...From the Hero course, it's Shiozaki Ibara!"

A tall pretty girl walked into the stadium. She had long, green vines for hair and relaxed eyes. To Miyuki, the way she had her hands clasped in front of her, her posture was similar to that of a Church's mural painting of a patron saint.

"Versus! Also from the Hero course, the Turbo Hero, Iida Tenya!"

Miyuki smiled as she watched Tenya walk into the stadium astutely. He had a sharp, determined look in his eyes.

Fight on, Iida-Kun!

She wished she could have said that while watching the match from the stands with the rest of her classmates. However, as soon as she left Recovery Girl's Temporary Nurse's office, Miyuki found herself walking the other direction toward the waiting rooms.

Why?

I realized something...

She shook her head. No, that wasn't it. She hadn't realized anything. Rather, she remembered the feelings she had been denying herself all this while. They'd been buried for so long now that it took not one, not two, but three digs into her for them to finally resurface.

Was it a good thing or a bad thing?

Miyuki looked down at her hands holding the can. She let it go and lay her palms open before her.

"I'm supposed to be getting stronger. But..." She slowly curled her fingers into a fist. "How can I when I haven't yet learned to fully accept myself?"

How can I?

Miyuki jumped when the door to the waiting room opened and her face flushed a deep scarlet as she watched Shoto walk in. The upper half of his uniform was gone.

"Oh," he said, looking at her with mild surprise. "Sorry. I didn't think anyone would be in here during the match."

"It's fine," she replied, averting her eyes to look down at the table. They darted up again. "O-Oh! congratulations on making it to the third round, Todoroki-Kun!"

"Yeah," Shoto replied flatly. "Thanks." Miyuki's eyes widened when he sat down at the same table she was seated at. "Your match is next, right?"

"Yeah," Miyuki responded as she returned to looking at her unopened can. Small droplets trickled down its sides. "I'll be going up against Tokoyami-Kun and Dark Shadow. I don't quite know how it'll go with my light and everything yet, though. They're both very strong."

"...I think you'll win," Shoto admitted bluntly. Miyuki looked at him in shock. "Because of the nature of your Quirks, you two are both natural enemies of the other."

"Your observation is correct. However..." Miyuki trailed off as she reached up to the left side of her head. "Only part of my quirk can compete against Dark Shadow." Shoto followed the movement of her hand and watched as it carefully brushed the black strands on her left. Then, he looked to the right.

Half white, half black – Half bright, half darkness. That was her Quirk? He had not seen her use the dark side of it yet. Was she hiding it?

Or...

"Of what I've seen so far, it's strong enough for a total victory," Shoto said as his eyes drifted to her face.

"If I win with just half my power, then... I'm no better than you were before your match with Izuku," Miyuki responded honestly. "Everyone is going out there and giving it their all. I can't say we are the same, but... I'm not fully embracing myself... even after..."

Even after I said I would try.

Miyuki looked away from him, the heat having stopped rushing to her cheeks.

...Was she burying it?

"You seem like the kind of person to take such words to heart," Shoto said pensively after a brief silence. "When I told you what happened to me after we met as children, the way you ran away said as much. You're quite sensitive..."

"So are you," Miyuki responded calmly. She glanced at his neutral expression before looking down at the shadow of the can. "Maybe not to the same degree..."

"Not like you, yes," Shoto admitted in agreement with her. "Your reasons may not be the same as mine and our circumstances are different. No matter the premise, you and I both stand on the same crossroad of our choices. Right?"

"A crossroad..." She breathed. A cross road... of my choices. Has it really come to that? "Is it a good thing or a bad thing...?"

"I came here to think about the answer to that," Shoto informed her. "Could that be why you're here, too?" The heat returned to her face and Miyuki scratched her cheek nervously.

"M-Maybe..." She answered uncertainly. "Yeah..."

Shoto opened his mouth —

BAM!

Miyuki jumped and she and Shoto immediately turned to look at who slammed the door open –

"Oi!"

"Shizuka-Chan!"

"Shizuka-Chan!"

"Miyuki-Chan!"

Katsuki stood there with Ejirou, Mina, and Denki.

"G-Guys!" She exclaimed, and sweat dropped because Katsuki hadn't moved and all three of them were trying to get into the waiting room behind him. "What about Iida-Kun's match? Is it over already?" She looked to the television.

"Not yet," Ejirou answered with a wide, toothy smile. "We came to wish you luck before your match!"

"Don't lose!" Katsuki growled. He marched up to her and grabbed the collar of her uniform. "I'll kill you if you don't win! You hear me?!" Miyuki sighed and pried his hands off her. Shoto looked at them, stunned.

She responded so calmly... and didn't even flinch...?

"I don't respond well to threats, Blasty," Miyuki told him as she stepped away from the ash-blonde boy. "And lower your voice..."

"Miyuki-Chan!" Mina exclaimed as she bounced over to the other girl. "Do your best, Miyuki-Chan! You'll be amazing for sure!"

"Thanks, Ashido-Chan!" Miyuki's cheeks tinted a light pink. Ejirou and Denki came over as well.

"We're rooting for you, Shizuka-Chan!" Exclaimed Ejirou. "Show them how manly you are!"

"I know you'll win this round, Shizuka-Chan!" Denki said with a close-eyed smile and a red tint to his cheeks.

Behind all three of them, Katsuki rolled his eyes. When he got up from the stands to leave, he didn't tell anyone where he was going. But one of them must have gotten a clue because when he was halfway to Player waiting room 2, he heard six loud, annoying footsteps behind him.

"You guys..." Miyuki grinned. She bowed deeply, her face brightening with immense gratitude. "Thank you so much for your unwavering support! I promise I will do my best!"

"And win!" Katsuki shouted aggressively. He pushed past all three of them and got in her face when she straightened. "I didn't waste my time –"

"Only for me to lose?" Miyuki guessed, slightly flustered. "I get it, Blasty." A tick mark slapped onto Katsuki's forehead.

"Don't call me that, Pepperhead!"

"Good luck, Shizuka," Shoto said from behind her. Miyuki turned around and bowed to him as well.

"Thank you, Todoroki-Kun!"

When Katsuki, Mina, Denki, and Ejirou finally left the waiting room, Miyuki left as well and made her way towards the corridor leading to the stadium.

I can't lose.

Her hands clenched at her sides as she stopped in front of the exit leading to the arena. It was still shining brightly outside in much the same way it was for her match with Yuga.

I'm going to become a hero, aren't I? Therefore... I have to give it everything I've got!

"Coming up for the third match of the second round!" Present Mic announced. "It's my top contestant, the shining star herself, Shizuka Miyuki from the Hero course! Versus! Also from the Hero Course, the Dark Samurai, Tokoyami Fumikage!"

The crowd cheered loudly and Miyuki was prompted outside by the loud noise while Fumikage appeared from the other side.

The plan should be simple, right?

Miyuki climbed up the stage's stairs, clenching and unclenching her hands by her sides.

However, she would not underestimate her opponent. She was certain Fumikage had a good idea of what she would use from the matches in which he'd seen her fight as well as the previous parts of the tournament.

Should I use one of my new moves, then? I haven't gotten to practice much with it, though...

However that may be the case, the same was true on her end. Fumikage's Dark Shadow wasn't an opponent to be trifled with easily nor taken lightly. Miyuki recalled seeing him and Fumikage training in high levels of light to improve Dark Shadow's endurance in brightness.

So that could mean my light technique alone might not be enough to take him down.

Miyuki and Fumikage came to a stop on their respective sides of the stage, the sound of the cheering crowds like a deafening roar surrounding them.

"Third match of the second round... Start!"

"This is such an unfair matchup..." Momo commented, watching as Miyuki and Fumikage got onto the stage. "Shizuka-San's Quirk is too bright for Tokoyami-Kun's."

"Yeah," Kyoka agreed, eyes intently fixed on the arena. "You really get that feeling from the start that it's all one-sided..."

Katsuki watched with his arms crossed across his chest as the fighting finally started. As expected, Tokoyami made the first move and sent Dark Shadow towards the Miyuku

He's going to be so predictable?

This fight'll be over in seconds.

Miyuki was already moving as soon as Fumikage sent out his Dark Shadow to attack her. Katsuki eyed the two katanas made of light energy in her hands. They moved like a blur as Miyuki jumped to avoid Dark Shadow's attack, arcing over his head in a graceful flip. But before she could land, Dark Shadow turned around and snatched her mid-air.

"Now, Dark Shadow!"

Katsuki's eyes widened as he watched Dark Shadow pull back his arm.

"Is he seriously going to throw her?!" Ochaco questioned from the front row, on the edge of her seat.

Dark Shadow slammed Miyuki into the ground – once, then a second time, and repeated the action again and again with remarkable speed. There were small craters left behind every time. He wasn't going to give her a chance to use her Quirk. As soon as she did, the fight would be decided. So the best he could do now was –

"Is he trying to kill her or something?!" Minoru shouted, sounding very horrified by what he was seeing. It was almost like watching Izuku's match all over again.

It's not going to be that easy, dumbass.

"What's this?!" Present Mic exclaimed, almost jumping out of his seat. "Dark Shadow has caught Shizuka off-guard and now he's not giving her a chance to move! Has the battle already been decided?!"

As soon as the last words of his comment left his mouth, Dark Shadow froze.

"Dark Shadow?" Fumikage questioned, confused as to why he had stopped attacking. "Why..."

"You're made of shadows, through and through," Miyuki's voice sounded in a whisper. Fumikage's eyes widened.

She's still conscious?!

Even after all that...?!

Despite...!

He looked around on the platform and quickly realized that he couldn't see her.

In fact, no one could.

"Shizuka... disappeared?!" Present Mic exclaimed, clearly in as much shock as the frozen crowd.

"To-Tokoyami..." Dark Shadow rasped, eyes wide. He was straining to move his body. "I-I c-can't...! I-!"

Fumikage's breath hitched in his throat when, out of nowhere, a trajectory of white light ripped through the right side of Dark Shadow's body. Another came from his left side, then a third one through his back.

Dark Shadow... was being ripped apart.

"Dark Shadow!" Fumikage shouted in terror as he watched his friend and Quirk collapse. He didn't move. The sections the light came out of were slowly ebbing him away.

"I-It's..." Dark Shadow whispered, clinging to consciousness as there was now a new light coming from inside his chest. "Too hot...!"

The shadows that made up his Quirk's chest melted away and Miyuki stepped out from within him. Her eyes were glowing a bright green. The right sleeve of her jacket was burned away, revealing silver cracks going up to her elbow. Dark tattooes covered part of her face.

"Sh-She was inside Dark Shadow this whole time?!" Present Mic announced. He was now on the edge of his seat, too. "Th-That's crazy, Shizuka! How did she do it?!"

"A part of her Quirk is shadow manipulation," Aizawa explained calmly. "Shizuka most likely took advantage of her close proximity to Tokoyami's Quirk to slip inside him and manipulate him from within."

"You're too amazing, kid!" Present Mic shouted in excitement along with the cheering crowd. He jumped out of his chair. "Too amazing!"

"Sit down. You're embarrassing yourself."

Back in the arena, Fumikage had no choice but to call back Dark Shadow.

"That one really took quite a bit out of me, y'know," Miyuki said to Fumikage as she watched Dark Shadow slip back into his body. "His shadows were thicker than the ones I'm used to, so pushing my whole body through in order to take control from within... You should be proud, Tokoyami-Kun."

"I am," Fumikage responded, getting into a fighting stance. "Now let's finish this –"

He had no time to react or dodge. He didn't even see it coming. Fumikage's eyes widened to the size of saucers when an orb of light slammed into his torso.

But where...

She didn't even move...!

Miyuki wiped the blood from her mouth, watching with satisfaction as her opponent was struck out of bounds.

"Tokoyami-Kun is out of bounds!" Midnight announced, waving her flog-like whip at the boy. "Shizuka-San advances to the third round!"

"What the heck?!" Denki gasped, as wide-eyed as his classmates. "Where the heck did that attack come from?!"

"She didn't even move!" Hanta added on. Katsuki clicked his tongue.

"Weren't you idiots watching the match?" He asked gruffly. "She had that attack planned as soon as she broke out."

"Huh?" Ejirou questioned, looking at the ash-blonde with a confused expression. "What do you mean?"

"When she broke free with her blasts, one of 'em was a lot quicker than the others," Katsuki continued. "It shot right out of the arena before zipping back in and finishing him off. You wouldn't have seen it if you weren't paying attention."

Actually, he hadn't seen it either until the last seconds when the ball of light came streaking back into the arena. He hadn't seen where it had gone, but if he had to guess, he'd say it had to come from one of the entrances leading into the arena.

Was she going to pull those kinds of tricks during their match?

His red eyes looked back into the arena and watched as Miyuki left the stage.

He wouldn't put it past her. That girl was weird... and very tactful. He'd learned both the hard and easy way surprise attacks were her favourite form of fighting as well as close combat.

Miyuki rubbed her head as she left the arena. It was aching terribly.

Her shoulders tensed when she felt a warm liquid run down the left side of her face. Before she could even dab it with her finger and look at it, Miyuki knew it was her blood. She exhaled deeply. Her right arm was numbing, too.

Man. Dark Shadow was really strong...

She started making her way to Recovery Girl's office and thought about stopping by the waiting room. She didn't drink her orange juice.

I still have time before my next match. If I can at least get my arm healed in time, then –

"Yuki-Chan!"

Miyuki looked up. Her spirits lifted a bit more and she smiled at the sight of Izuku and All Might. The green-haired boy was still covered in bandages and his arm was in a sling. Miyuki was still relieved, seeing that his surgery had gone well.

"Izuku! All Might-sensei!" She greeted them, increasing her pace to reach them. "I'm happy to see your surgery went well, Izu –"

"Yuki-Chan!" The boy exclaimed, interrupting her. Miyuki paused and tilted her head slightly at him. "You're bleeding! Your face, and your arm...!"

"What?" She realized he was talking about her injuries. Miyuki waved off his concerns. "Oh, these are nothing."

"They look serious, Yuki-Chan!" Izuku told her. "You have to hurry to Recovery Girl to get them checked."

"I was actually on my way there," she explained to her best friend and mentor, looking between the two of them.

"We can go with you if you'd like," Izuku offered. Miyuki's cheeks tinted a light pink.

"S-Sure! If it's not too much trouble, of course..."

All Might and Izuku went with her to Recovery Girl's clinic. When the door opened and Chiyou saw the two males again, she almost scolded them for being back so soon – it seemed like they were becoming too fond of the place – and then she saw Miyuki with them and quickly busied herself with tending to her new injured patient. Izuku and All Might stayed close by but within a respectable distance so Recivery Girl could work effectively without them hovering around like helicopters.

"All Might," Izuku spoke up, catching Miyuki's attention as she was being treated. "You originally came to UA to find a successor, right?"

"Yeah," All Might answered.

"Putting everything I had into the UA sports festival," Izuku continued quietly. "I could physically feel everyone's strong emotions of not wanting to give in, so I..."

"...think someone else should be my successor?" The Pro Hero finished for him. "Yes. It's true there are many wonderful potential heroes here. One for All is the crystallisation of power. For those who have Quirks... for example, if Young Todoroki were to inherit it, then with the super strength on top of his Half-Cold, Half-Hot, he would probably become a superhero. Even Young Miyuki, with her Half-Bright, Half-Dark... paired with One for All's physical accumulation..."

"Done!" Recovery Girl chirped. "Here, have some gummies." Miyuki accepted them. She bowed gratefully to the elderly nurse before she, Izuku, and All Might left the clinic.

"But you know," All Might continued, pausing in the corridor, making the other two stop as well. "I was quirkless, too."

"Quirkless...?" Izuku asked, turning to look at the Number one hero. Even Miyuki blinked in surprise, not expecting those words to come from him. "You were...?"

"It wasn't as rare for your generation, but it was still uncommon," All Might told them. "My master had a Quirk, but even so, my master believed in me and gave One for All to me, and raised me to become a hero."

"You never told me tha -" Izuku started.

"Because you never asked," All Might replied simply. "Even though I thought you would."

"All Might," Izuku said, still in shock. "You were Quirkless, too...?"

"Yeah!" The number one hero replied. "At first, I saw the old me in you, but you have gone beyond what I imagined, time and time again. There is something only you can draw out. I believe that."

"I'm sorry..." Izuku said, tearing up. Miyuki frowned.

"Anyway, the sports festival isn't over yet, kid!" All Might told him. "Make sure you watch until the end! As for young Miyuki, well done in winning your match!" He gently ruffled her hair. "Even though I was not able to see it, I have every confidence you surpassed my expectations once again. Good luck in your next match!"

"Th-Thank you, All Might-sensei!" Miyuki said, bowing carefully to her mentor as she tried to remain mindful of her injuries. Her face heated up. What an honour it was, receiving such high praise from her mentor and the number one hero!

As soon as All Might departed from the two children, Izuku turned to Miyuki so quickly. "Yuki-Chan! Your match just ended, right? How did it go? I'm sorry I missed it all, though."

"It's fine, Izuku. We can watch all the matches we missed together later!" Miyuki replied cheerily. Izuku nodded heartily and she smiled. "Tokoyami-Kun was a pretty tough opponent." She rubbed the bandage wrapped around her head.

"But you managed to defeat Dark Shadow! I knew you could do it, Yuki-Chan!" Izuku said. "Your next match is with... Kacchan, r-right?"

"Yeah!" She responded, still cheerily. Her smile fell a bit and she looked down at the torn sleeves of her jacket. The cracks were dimmer now and fading and she was sure the tattoos on her face were the same. "I'm actually looking forward to it! But..." Her eyes drifted to his bandaged body. "Izuku, your injuries..."

"Don't worry!" He quickly assured her. "It'll get better with time, right?"

"Yeah..." She responded. The two of them arrived at the audience stands and looked up at the board. Her name had moved up, as had Shoto's, but the bracket next to hers was empty. "Oh! Let's go, Izuku, so we don't miss Kirishima-Kun and Blasty's match!"

B-B-Blasty?!

Did she call him that to his face so casually?!

"Bakugo's having a hard time fighting back against Kirishima's fierce attack!" Present Mic commentated as Ejirou managed to get a cut on Katsuki's cheek – much to Miyuki and Izuku's surprise.

"Kacchan's on the defensive?" Izuku asked as the two of them slipped back into their class's stand.

"Kirishima-Kun's quirk is simple, but that's what makes it strong," Miyuki and Izuku muttered accidentally at the same time. They glanced at each other before turning their attention back to the match.

"Midoriya-Kun! Shizuka-Kun!" Tenya called out to them as he came to the stands as well. "I see your surgery went well, and splendidly done making it to the semi-finals, Shizuka-Kun! I was very impressed by your technique!"

"Thank you, Iida-Kun!" Miyuki bowed to him then quickly straightened. "Um, did you get to call your brother? I know you hoped to speak with him..."

"Is your big brother, Ingenium, watching your progress, too?" Izuku asked.

"I called him earlier, but he was working," Tenya explained to them.

"Bakugo counters again!" Present Mic shouted, continuing with his commentating. "What's this?! Unlike before, it's working!"

"You've been straining to keep your body rock-hard this whole time, right?" Katsuki said, his eyes scarily sharp and red as he watched his opponent. "If you attack quickly in this state, sooner or later, you'll start coming apart!"

Miyuki watched with bated breath and her Quirk activated as Katsuki swiftly changed up the game. He started throwing a series of explosions at Ejirou – they were so fast she almost struggled to keep up with his rapid movements and eventually his Hardening Quirk gave up from being used overtime.

"The finishing blow!" Katsuki shouted. "Die!" He punched Ejirou. "Well, I understand why you wouldn't want a drawn out match with me, though."

"So arrogant," Miyuki muttered with her arms crossed, albeit there was a smile on her face. Izuku looked at her upon hearing her comment and noticed her excited expression.

However, Tetsutetsu from Class B wasn't as excited seeing his rival lose.

"Kirishima-Kun is immobilised!" Midnight announced. "Bakugo-Kun wins!"

"With that vicious carpet-bombing, Bakugo advances to the third round!" Present Mic announced to the audience. "And that completes the final four!"

"The final four..." Miyuki mumbled to herself. "Todoroki-Kun, Iida-Kun, Blasty, and me... I'm the only female up there?"

It's unfortunate. Ashido-Chan or Yaoyorozu-Chan would've done well up there, too.

Ah – even more reason for me not to lose now. I have to represent us all well!

"Alright," Tenya said to them. "I'm off."

Miyuki and Izuku watched him leave the stand. They shared a look with one another.

"Are you going to get ready for your match?" Izuku asked his best friend. Miyuki nodded.

"Yeah," she answered. Izuku looked at her with concern.

"I know you'll do well, Yuki-Chan, but your injuries..." He trailed off, worried, and understandably so. "You're going up against Kacchan, too."

"That's right," Miyuki said with a bright smile. She raised her arm and pretended to flex it. "I'll be fine, Izuku. These injuries won't stop me from winning against him! I'll make sure I do, too!" She chuckled lightly. The green-haired boy smiled at his friend's confidence and his body relaxed slightly at her reassurance.

"You better go now before Iida-Kun's match starts," Miyuki advised him, dropping her arm. "Even though you can't write right now, you still want to properly watch the efforts of everyone who wants to become a hero, right?"

"Yeah," Izuku agreed. He turned around to leave. "Do your best, Yuki-Chan! I'll be cheering you on!"

Once Izuku left, Miyuki made her way back inside into the dim corridors of the stadium. She made her way back to Player Waiting Room #2 and, as she hoped, it was empty and her can of orange juice was right where she left it.

I've come thus far, Miyuki thought as she sat down and took a sip of her drink. Even though I still have a way to go...

'You're already the Number one hero in my eyes.'

Tsukauchi-ojiisan... All Might-sensei...

Can I really be... the top hero?

Can I really be Number one?

Miyuki exhaled slowly after finishing the contents of the can. She made sure to properly discard it in the bin before starting to stretch her arms and legs.

I haven't come this far to lose. I want to give it my all — even though I'm still learning to accept myself, I will learn!

"I will win," she whispered into the silence of the room. "I will win... and rise to the top!"

"Iida-Kun is immobilised! Todoroki-Kun wins!"

Miyuki looked up at the television upon hearing Midnight's announcement. Tenya was frozen in place by Shoto's ice. Her expression mellowed.

"Todoroki advances to the finals without showing his flames!"

Huh. He's still thinking about it...? Miyuki pondered upon hearing Present Mic's announcement.

She glanced down at her left hand.

...Before stepping out of the waiting room.

This is more than just that now, Miyuki realised as she approached the corridor leading to the stadiums. Her expression was hardened with resolve.

"Match two of the semi finals!" Present Mic announced. "With a face only a mother could love, from the Hero course, it's Bakugo Katsuki!"

Miyuki's mouth wavered at Present Mic's comment. She bet Katsuki didn't like hearing that, and as she looked outside, she felt like she could see his sour expression from here.

"Versus! She's going to light up your world, so don't look away! Also from the Hero course, it's the legendary Shizuka Miyuki!"

This time, when she walked out, she kept her eyes on the stage and on her opponent. Miyuki ignored the roaring cheers of the audience as she came face to face with Katsuki.

This is it.

Katsuki's palms became sweaty.

Finally...! I'm going to crush you and rise above you! I'm going to...

Miyuki watched as Katsuki's expression morphed into a devilish grin. Her eyes narrowed, already carefully monitoring his body's movements.

I refuse to lose against you! I'm going to...

Miyuki readied herself for the fight they'd both been waiting for.

"Match two of the semi finals! Bakugo versus Shizuka – Start!"

"I'm going to win!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.2K 1.9K 13
It was just another day at UA... until Aizawa walks in with a baby. But what happens when baby Bakugo only wants one person to take care of him becau...
756K 28.9K 33
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
79.5K 4.3K 72
Mirianne Shotomoto has a mother with a tough set of morals. Being the arch-nemesis of Endeavor, her mother, Nightmare, actively searched for ways of...
493 39 11
*discontinued* A summary: Being a reincarnated character, Y/n desperately trys to remember her past... Only to be mentally picking up fragments of he...