Stalking Mr. Cupid (DA series...

By MedievalTomboy

"Sir Cacao, what is the different between love and romance?" The devotion in her eyes is as bright as hundred... More

Things to Know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Cracking Mr. Codehead

Chapter 38

95 13 0
By MedievalTomboy

Anete Point of View

Ice shards met fire sparks!

Both leveling up each other, I and Drizzle went from being secretly hostile to openly murderous.

If eyes has the power to kill, then both of us would have been dead for thousands of times already. Only, the person stuck in between was someone I love.

Such a strange and troublesome situation this is.

"First round of the quiz game is know-it-all. There is a bell buzzer on each table; I shall ask the question and the one who knows the answer can ring the bell. Each right answer will be awarded with ten points." While the host was explaining the rules of the quiz game, Cacao looked at me pitifully which I ignored and turned away my head.

"You sure you don't want to play this with your boyfriend?" Mr. Bernal asked with a small amused smirk. I nodded and shrugged without explaining any further.

"It's first time I'm seeing the great Sir Cacao so pitiful." Mr. Bernal snorted but the amusement in his eyes was as big as his mountain self.

When the Cacao said that Talia was Mr. Bernal's girlfriend, the host thought that Cacao was joking with him and waved off the joke telling him to continue playing the game on friendship grounds.

This caused Cacao to be so pitiful that for a moment my heart softened like a jelly.

"First question, What is it that makes a person both pleasurable and sad at the same time." The moment the host finished the question, I pressed on the bell so hard that it made me wonder how it did not turn into powder yet.

"Table no 4, Miss Allard, please answer."

"Death." I answered as I glanced at Talia briefly. Cacao covered his horrified gasp behind series of coughs and Mr. Bernal covered his laughter behind series of coughs while others in the restaurant just plainly gasped out loud.

Talia paled like she was nothing more than a transparent sheet.

"It's not the right answer but still if your answer is reasonably explained then you will be awarded with points." Hearing the host speak, I just shrugged.

"Death of oneself is sad; death of your enemy will make your pleasurable beyond skies." The whole hall went silent, pin drop silence enveloped me.

I briefly turned around and saw that everyone was looking at me with mixture of emotions and the thing that caught me off guard was that there was a hint of understanding and agreement.

The host, however, was now swimming in sweat as he fearfully looked at me. But thanks to everyone who voiced out their acceptance in answer, the points were allotted.

The host, although looked taken aback, he still geared up his wits and continued. Cacao, at this time, looked at me gave thumbs up with both his hands looking so proud of himself.

"Right, next question, what is heavy but still doesn't weigh at all." This time, both I and Talia smashed the bell together at the same time.

The host must've seen our hostility towards each other so he diplomatically said that whosever answer is more reasonable, he would take in that answer to which the other participants also agreed enthusiastically.

"Elephant."

"Bad luck." Both I and Talia said at the same time. The host asked Talia to explain her answer first so I waited for my chance.

"Bad luck is heavy to bear but it has no actual weight." When Talia completed, everyone nodded in agreement and then looked at me for my answer.

"Once you are crushed under its feet, the departed soul cannot feel its weight anymore." I shrugged and answered without any hesitation.

I never thought that my mind can come up with such violent thoughts too. Time and fate indeed has the magic of turning people into anything they want.

Suddenly a pitter patter sound pulled me out of my thoughts. Before I wonder if it is raining or not, the cause for the sound already presented itself before us.

There, on the small platform, the host wetted his pants in front of everyone and his eyes looked shaky when he looked at me.

"Uh, Butter Tart, seems like –" Cacao cleared his throat and started but one look from me, he changed the tone of it and gave me a big smile. "- you are amazing. Too smart and so beautifully answered." He clapped his hands awkwardly and cleared his throat.

The host was pulled inside by the staff and soon enough, another gentleman took over as the host. On reasonable grounds, he awarded ten points to Talia.

At this, Talia smiled provokingly at me and smiled coldly at her.

You are scared but trying to cover it huh! Let me make it even scarier for you.

"The final question of the first round is, everyone in the world needs it, but they usually give it without taking it. What is it?"

Without any hesitation, I pressed the bell and answered. "Advice. I hope some people here take their own advice too." I answered and mocked alongside but the one who should understand already understood what I meant.

I was awarded with points right away and also with some pouts from the said person.

"Should you be like this with me? Is your heart not aching? Are your eyes not moist? Is your soul not troubled?" Ah, and the drama starts!

I sneezed at his cold drama and not even glanced at him. But in this whole scenario, the only person who is having fun was Mr. Bernal.

He is having the fun of his life. He must be enjoying what started out to be a business dinner and turned out to be a war.

He is enjoying all the rights and rewards as a spectator!

"First round, Table four won twenty points and table seven won ten points. The second round is quiz about their partners and only the male partners should answer them."

My eyes slightly narrowed at the sudden turn of events.

"First question, what does your partner like about you the most?" Not even the question was completely completed, Cacao pressed the bell.

"Everything." He answered but for a change, he was not looking at his partner but at me.

"How lovely. Is it right, Miss." The host asked Talia.

Before she answered him, Cacao cut in and answered it for her. "You can't be serious. May it be my partner or his partner or anyone's partner, everyone like everything about me. This is a universal fact." Cacao spoke in a tone that told everyone how offended he was.

Surely the host got the meaning and immediately nodded his head when everyone in the hall agreed to it.

"Name one thing that your partner hates." This time, surprisingly, Mr. Bernal pressed the bell first.

Uh, why did he press the buzzer?

I raised a brow at him and he casually gave me a shrug and went on to answer. "That lady over there."

For a moment, no one understood what he meant. Suddenly a bulb went off in my mind and that was when I understood.

Talia! Indeed, I hate her the most!

I nodded my head furiously at host, totally supporting the answer. "You sure know how to read people."

"Cannot be compared to your boyfriend."

"Last question, One habit of your partner's that you like." As expected, Cacao took the chance and pressed the buzzer.

For a second there, he looked at Talia and then looked back at me. "Many. The way she plays with proverbs at every situation is my favorite of all."

"So to say, Miss Talia is good with proverbs."

"Oh she is great at them." Cacao nodded at the host.

"Then how about we ask Miss Talia a couple of proverbs." The host said and everyone's attention turned to the mutated seaweed.

If she paled to a transparent sheet earlier, she was not completely invisibly pale. Nonetheless, she nodded her head with a hesitant and frightened chuckle.

Ah now, this is interesting!

"How about this, we participants will take charge of this quiz." Mr. Bernal suddenly suggested as he turned and looked at the host. "Three proverbs, the first to press the bell can say the first half of the proverb and Miss Talia will complete. If answered correctly, then the final prize can be given to her and no one minds about it."

Somehow, Mr. Bernal is so sure about what he is doing. Nonetheless, what he did is very helpful to me and quite interesting too.

Everyone agree and the first to press the bell was a middle aged lady from table number three. "There is no shame in not knowing; ___"

Amazing. This is a simple proverb actually and I had used it a few times in my letters too. If Cacao truly knows the content of my letters by heart, then he will surely know this.

Cacao turned to Talia and looked at her expectantly. Talia, by this time, was already washing our feet with her sweat.

In this two minutes of time, she looks like she nearly lost ten kilos of weight.

"Uh, umm, k-knowing is kno-knowledge?"

I'm sorry what?

What kind of saying is this? This is such a simple and easy proverb!

There is no shame in not knowing; knowing is knowledge? Absurd!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about the chapter? Boring?

Anete is burning with rage. Your views?

Anete's answers are too much, right? What do you all think?

Poor Cacao, he is stuck between his girlfriend and fake friend. 

Talia truly is a very knowledgeable person. Her command on proverbs is second to none. 

Will Talia's truth come out now?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 50.6K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
153K 6.9K 40
"I'll strangle you." I said showing him my hands and making a motion of squeezing an invisible neck. He laughed. "But if you straddle me, I'll just h...
8.2K 977 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
2.7K 1.2K 63
( book 1 in #Raveneve series) 🎙️ "So, there I was, Eve Josephine Dale, the heiress to the Dale fortune, trying to navigate life with the grace of a...