Dangerously Close

By nerdyflirtykari

"Are you scared?" What's the use of playing a game and not receiving the best prize? It started out as a savi... More

Author's Note
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.

20.

1.3K 97 53
By nerdyflirtykari

Sad eyes.

Trembling lips.

Solemn friends around her.

The men who walked by the little group of ladies in the lounge couldn't help but act upon their protective instinct. A few respectfully share their concern for the blonde and left with furious expressions on their faces. The present guy to approach the group was Crein Alsworth, a finance major, a senior, and ranked number one on the ladies 'hottie list.' He had his eye on the Macallis heiress before she entered the same college as him and has been slowly making progress to have her under his thumb.

"Sherida?!" 

The girl in question looked up and her eyes wavered between surprise and then embarrassment. "Crein. Hi." Her voice was soft and along with her hugging the cushion tighter to her chest, her vulnerable look amplified. The girls around her gave her quiet words of support, showing Crein that something big had happened to her. 

"What's wrong? Did something happen to Mr. Macallis? Your mother? I've never seen you this way," he asked. He continued to stand upon ceremony, following his strict etiquette training on respecting a female's personal space.

"N-No. My parents are fine. It's just a love trial. We go through it at least once in our life. Please. Sit." Her ashen blonde hair swayed gently as she repositioned herself to welcome him beside her.

"Pardon the intrusion." His words were respectful towards the ladies which placed him high in their eyes. "Is there anything I can help with?"

Sherida shook her head in denial and pinched her fingers restlessly. 

"Is it so bad that even an old friend can't help?" he pressed.

She laughed bitterly and gave him a smile. "Can you help me erase the memories and feelings of someone I loved only to be betrayed by them?"

Crein's lips twitched when she mentioned the word love. He kept track of the men who approached her but never had he heard of her being in a relationship. "Well... wow. I don't think I can. Honestly, I didn't know you were in a relationship."

"Not one of the normal circumstances. Ummmm... girls can you give us a moment?" she asked of her friends. Two of the four who accompanied her were from the same circles as Sherida and Crein. Those two also know of the Macallis heiress's true nature. Seeing her go so far as to entertain Crein, the guy she dubbed as unworthy to be her husband, they inwardly felt pity towards the no-name guy, Jaejin. 

Crein waited till the last person was out of earshot before speaking to Sherida. "What is it?" He wanted to prove himself to her that he was the perfect partner. In his opinion, she didn't need a low-class rat to be by her side nor look at her thinking they were worthy of her. Who was this cretin who dared to play with her feelings?

"I-I think I was foolish in thinking that I would be the perfect bride for him, after all, our fathers gave their approval of our union."

"Excuse me? You're engaged?" he asked. Incredulity stained his voice and anger flared in his eyes. Sherida had a feeling of accomplishment upon seeing this. His reaction was what she was waiting for. 

"It's normal in our circles, you know this Crein."

"But for this guy to play with your feelings.... he should know the consequences of doing so. Isn't he aware of bringing shame to his family's name? Your father can ruin his family."

Sherida gave him a defeated smile. "What he did... I should say what he confessed already ruined his family. If word gets out about our engagement, our family will face the same," she said in a worried tone.

"To ruin the Macallis? Sherida, what is it? Let me be clear, who is this fiance of yours?"

"He isn't well known within our group because he didn't want to be involved with us."

To Crein, the image he now saw Jaejin in was arrogant and flippant. 

"His father is the chairman of the HW Financial group. He's the only son. They also have a strong foothold in South Korea. Their background is strong also."

"HW Financial Group? Does the chairman goes by the name Hanjool Min..."

"It's the last name before the first," she interrupted.

"I don't care about that right now, Sherida, answer the question," Crein pressed. 

This time she was genuinely concerned about this guy's behavior. He was known to be composed at all times.

"Yes. Yes, that's his name."

He held her gaze, searching for something in her eyes. Crein backed down after seeing how she was clueless about the information he possessed about that Korean-based company. Adding that to her shoulder will be a bad idea. Did her father purposely hold back this news?
"What's his son's name?"

"Jaejin." The man's name came out with a wistful sigh and trembling smile. Does she really care for this guy so much? He waited for her to continue.

"He decided to reject me. I would have preferred it if he did it through his father but doing it in such a way to harm both families, he's more heartless than I thought. I'm sure you would have done it better."
She sighed and fell heavily against the cushions behind her. Eyes glistening with tears, she revealed what had happened between her and Jaejin.
"I can never forget how condescending he looked when he spoke. Jaejin always had an indifferent look making his pure Korean features so exotic, ethereal if you must, but that look of disgust broke me. His words made it worse." Sherida sighed again to make her sob story more appealing to the 'chivalrous' Crein Alsworth. Sea blue eyes and natural blonde with handsome features - a typical prince charming.
" 'Girls like you are one of the reasons why men prefer to be with the same sex. Spoilt, pretentious, and arrogant are beyond changing especially in you.' I don't know what he heard about me when we rarely saw each other. I tried to visit him with cooked meals but with him or his friend, Adam sent me away. When he was hospitalized, I was denied entry to visit him at the hospital and his home. The nurse, if you can call her blocked my path then a man with a French accent assaulted me and forced me to leave. What did I do?"

As expected Crein was furious but kept control of his anger. Someone placed their hands on his future woman?! 

"You know, I'm surprised he had a good friend on his side. Who will want to be around so callous? Veron and I became friends due to him being the connection. She wanted to know why his actions towards me were that way. When confronted he boldly declared his preferences. He's gay."

"WHAT?!"

"He said he-is-gay. Do you know what that means in our circle? That's losing face and bringing mockery not only myself but our families." The anguish on her face sold her story. 

"It can be a lie to dissuade you. Another plot to push you away."

Sherida shook her head and sat up. She leaned towards Crein, her lips formed into a trembling smile. "I had my people keep an eye on him. The French guy I mentioned before has been visiting him constantly and even spent the weekend. They even..."

"What?"

".... saw them k-kissing..."

Crein's face crumpled in disgust. He pulled Sherida into his side for a comforting hug when he saw her glistening tears threatening to fall. "It's okay. I'm sure your father will clear all of this up. Why don't you focus on the career you recently started."

She gave a soft laugh. "You're always watching over me, huh?" she said, playing with his known affection.

Miss Amber H had nothing on her acting.

"Who else will?" he joked but silently he hoped for her to see him in a wider light. "Do you want me to call your friends? I was on my way out for a meeting."

"Uh, yeah. Thanks for listening, Crein." She gave him a firm hug, holding him to her body, making sure her breasts had optimal contact with his firm chest then slowly pulling away. He smiled at her upturned face and then left her side. When he was nowhere to be seen in the lounge area, Sherida's warm smile fell. She heaved an annoyed sigh and fell back onto the cushions once again. "So tiring," she murmured. A few minutes later two of her friends returned. The look on Sherida's face was cold and calculating, this was the woman they knew from young.

"Sheri, why don't you let it go?" one said as they came closer to her.

"He doesn't know what is good for him. My family can take him to the skies and he is the perfect one to be by my side as my career sets off," Sherida sneered. Jaejin was part of her plans for a life filled with luxury and fame.

"If he's willing to take his family down with this homo crap then he will be trouble in the future. Go with Crein, he will be the perfect partner, not to mention, he's the confirmed heir of a leading company and has a strong background with strong generations preceding them. On top of that, he likes you. That guy is a hopeless case," the other offered.

"You two will never know a good opportunity when it's right in front of your face. I will have him, one way or the other. In terms of that arrogant French slug, knowing Crein and the other guys I spoke to, they will do anything to help the delicate Macallis heiress." The cocky smile on her face was not a shocker to them. They shook their heads at her antics and joined her on the sofa. The small revenge party their friend formed in under an hour, they truly pitied Jaejin and his friend.

~~~~

On the other side of town, the young and rich were making their families' names known in high-end stores and restaurants. The streets were filled with flashy cars roaming back and forth, and girls who were lucky to be seen by affluent young masters flaunted their luck on their friends. Under the Californian sun as most dubbed it, many walked cheerfully along streets either on their daily errands or off to their jobs. Taking advantage of the state there are in and the weather being majorly sunny, many entrepreneurs or moguls owned poolside restaurants, lavish hotels, 24-hour entertainment clubs, and shopping centers with amenities to have a comfortable day out. 
At one establishment, gliding onto the curved driveway, a gold Mclaren 720S Spider, a white BMW 8 Series Coupe, and a sea green Lamborghini Huracan slowly came to a stop at the entrance of Gravitas, a hotel with a rooftop club. The door at the driver's side of the Mclaren was raised and out stepped a tall young man with dark brown hair and coal-black eyes. Fixing his jacket, he turned his cold eyes to the attendant who was approaching him. 
"Try not to scratch it," the man said looking down his nose at the guy probably the same age as him.

"Yes sir." 

Walking around his car and wiping the non-existent smudge on the hood, he met his companion on the platform who was helped by another attendant out of the car. The woman made four seductive steps towards him and wrapped her tanned arms around his, holding it between her plump cleavage. "I'm so excited," she cooed. Her thigh-length dress slid up when she 'cutely' raised her leg at the knee, giving the males a dream disturbing pose. 
"Me too," he returned, kissing her red-stained lips, claiming her publicly as his.
His two friends joined them with their companions, all wearing flashy suits and cocky grins. The dark-eyed young man was undoubtedly the leader as he lead them into the hotel to claim his reservation. 

"Reservations under Min." 

The receptionist gave him a polite smile and double-checked his reservation. "Lunch for six, two penthouses for 1 night and 1 day, and VIP passes for Shorn. Your spa appointment is in three hours. Would you like to settle the bill now or at check out?"

"I may add a few requests so checkout will be better for me," he said with a superior smile on his face. 

"Certainly, sir." The woman wanted to roll her eyes in annoyance but held back the urge. 

The man in question was Min Neil, the second son of Min Hanjool. Two years younger than Jaejin, he was unofficially the second young master of the Min household. His mother worked hard to have a high position within the house where he was respected by the lowliest maid. Recognition was gained but not from his father; both mother and son wanted what was rightfully theirs and nothing was standing in their way. 
Neil knew of his father's power in the public eye and behind the scenes, his confidence came from that.

Why was he in Pasadena?

His father believed his two sons had a great relationship and tagged Neil with the job of 'making his brother see the bigger picture. He didn't care. Neil saw Pasadena as his new playground and brought along his friends. He can simply say his big brother Jaejin failed to see Mt. Hai and denied any help from their father. That will put him in a better light.
The loud laughter and the loud clacking of high heels against the floor gained the attention of already-seated patrons and incoming guests. They ignored the looks of disapproval and disgust from them and sat at their table. Neil encouraged the ladies to order whatever they desired and his friends indulged themselves highly. His two friends had their own wealth to inherit while his future was not yet secured and they knew this. Neil's 'magnanimous' behavior was an aftereffect of his insecurity. They were content with having fun at another's expense. 

Lost in his own world of financial freedom and enjoying the benefits of being the son of an affluent man, Neil failed to recognize he was no longer within the safety of his father's reach. This was Pasadena where the eyes and ears of one man were everywhere. The man who will do anything for his older brother. From the moment he left his home in New Mexico word reached that man's ears and eyes have been following ever since. At that precise moment, as he shared an indecent kiss with his female companion, a photo was taken and sent to him along with a few words. 
'The fifth player is locked in.'

~~~~

The building wasn't new nor was it unknown. The multiple-story building made of glass and steel stood above many businesses and companies. Many companies went in and out of this building but failed to make it their own after failing to bring their name into the big leagues. The name of the building never changed only the company logo. At present one name boldly stood out on the well-manicured miniature lawn at the front of the building.

REDY

A new security company with a college-aged CEO at the helm. Many voiced their world-biased opinions on the new company, blindly predicting their failure and even mocking them in news forums before a month marked their existence in the marketplace.

A month has passed.

Two, then three. 

REDY surpassed its previous competitors and has moved to the next stage of security - personal security. Moving from home and business security to personal information security is a big leap. One must have full trust in their employees and the system they have created. If it was any other person, they would be wary of this move they were about to undertake but not him. Not Eros Delacourde. 
Dubbed the seal's tech genius alongside his cousin, Nico Monetti, Eros created the family's information network and AI from his father's initial security compilations. Making this big move is nothing but flipping a page of his life story. This was his way of making money publicly. What he was truly focused on at the moment was the amusing game he began weeks ago. 

The top floor of his company's building served as his private space. His office, modern living quarters, special conference room, and his private computer system. On the monitors, he had the bird's eye view of his guests approaching the building, a 360 view of his club and his rental buildings, his house and the hallway, and the outside view of his partner's apartment. The video of his guests changed when the cameras visually recognized them as they make their way to the second to last floor of the building. Eros stayed at his desk for a while, finalizing a few plans on his current project and keeping up a conversation with Jaejin.

'Your brother is in town.' - Eros

'The old man is desperate if he sent that prick. You destroyed his foundation, so now the engagement he agreed on with Macallis is all he has now.' - Jaejin

'Hmph. He's in for a surprise the next few days. Do you want me to get rid of that girl one time?' - Eros

'Might as well. She's like a fly.' - Jaejin

'Flies can be disposed of with the right trap.' - Eros

'..... Your words are contradicting, my dear Rose.' - Jaejin

'How so?' - Eros

' Amusement and threats usually repel each other yet they are oddly melded together by you.' - Jaejin

'Oh.' - Eros

'His reply is 'oh. Do I Have to teach you how to have a normal conversation? :) ' - Jaejin

'Teach me to tease my boyfriend until his body overheats.' - Eros

The silence was palpable when Jaejin didn't reply right away. A small smile of victory was on his face as he worked. The sound of the notification stopped his actions. He expected his cutie to admonish him in the reply and not what he read.

'Hands-on training or do you require some visual aid.' - Jaejin

Eros didn't reply, he pressed the voice call button near his partner's name and waited for him to answer the impromptu call.

"Jin's Kiss and Tell Services, how can I assist you, future customer?"

An unhindered laugh filled the office for seconds, reverberating against the walls and sending shivers down Jaejin's spine. It was the first time he heard Eros laugh so freely and it felt good as each pitch of his laughter filtered through his ear and over his body. He also felt proud because it was he who did this. He made his cool-headed partner laugh without restrictions.

"You're rather cheeky, my Jaejin. I like it. Would I like your services?" Eros finally spoke and played along with his partner's teasing. The smile on his face couldn't be moved.

"I guarantee that you will be a returning customer."

"Oh, is that so? Can you tell me your fees? I'm truly interested."

Jaejin felt how hot his face was growing as he spoke to Eros. He was back at his apartment packing away his purchases when the call came in.

"Well it differs," he finally said, He was silently cursing himself for taking the teasing so far. Apart from heated kisses, the two did go as far as sexual release. Jaejin knew how attracted Eros was to him, heck, he felt it. He even felt how much the guy was holding back for him. Eros respected his growth in this relationship and neither of them wanted to ruin what they had currently. 

"Tell me. I'm listening." Eros's voice was lower. Seduction was heavy in his voice. He knew how much it will affect Jaejin.

"Uhhh... ummmm..... " Was internal death due to panic a thing? Jaejin would like to believe so. What started off as light teasing turned into full-blown phone seduction. That was way above his level of knowledge. He had great business sense, and high-level book smarts but not worldly knowledge, especially this part of a healthy person's life. 

"I'm listening, well more like waiting. Your services intrigue me."

Pinching the bridge of his nose in exasperation, Jaejin caught on to Eros's gentle pushing of his boundaries. He knew this was a new world for him and decided to be patient and gentle. 
Positioning the phone closer to his lips, he released a shaky sigh along with a soft chuckle. "You know how to test me, babe."

Eros laughed in return. Neither knew when they reached the comfort of placing pet names on each other but Eros knew whenever Jaejin does so it was either through annoyance, defeat, or sarcasm. Even though those are negative tones, the warmth was still there.

"Three types of k-kisses...... not regulated to the lips...."

"Oh! This is an interesting package. I'm curious, who taught you those kisses?" Eros pushed.

"YOU DID! Dammit, babe. I'm sorry for teasing you. My brain is overloading and my face is showing the result."

Eros was too busy laughing at the expense of the little cherub and his grumbling. 

"Hahhhhhh! Rose. Knock it off," Jaejin grumbled, he was slightly embarrassed by their little session.

"Desole, mon amour. I actually enjoy it."

"I need some air. Talk to you tonight?"

"Yes. As for tomorrow, I will need you to step in for a while," Eros commented. At that moment, Jian entered the office and pointed at the monitor. That's when he noticed the last guest was finalizing his security check. ID confirmation and fingerprint scanning for further identification began after they took down Dominion a few years ago. No matter how quiet things may be, there will always be someone plotting some shit. 

"No problem. Thanks for the gifts."

"You're welcome. Bye."

"Bye."

The soft reluctant farewell made Eros smile as he ended the call. Jian smiled in response to his friend finally experiencing his own Spring. He watched his friend's now calculated actions, gone was the young man experiencing infatuation for the first time, before him fixing his black rose cufflinks was the second son of the Delacourde Devil.

~~~~

Power can be gained. Also, power can be earned. Alongside power, a few things can be added but that depends on the person. The person who wields this power can be a tyrant, a calculative person, a person with great intellect, or a person with no major ambitions. What about a person who was both calculative and in love? A poor villager from a distant French village was this type of person. To give his wife and unborn child a future where no one would dare step on them and have room to enjoy the world, he broke all odds of dying in poverty and set about to build that life for his family.

Power and respect.

That's what he earned and that's the legacy he left for his descendants. Decades have passed and this has been taught not only to his direct descendants but to each generation the alliance grew. 
They were taught how to be cruel yet fair; kind but ruthless; cautious yet bold and proud yet humble. These lessons were ingrained in each child and the young man approaching the glass doors of this private meeting room showcased these lessons. Upon seeing his arrival, all fourteen guests rose to their feet and lowered their heads slightly as he entered and walked past them. He didn't say a word, he was led to the head of the table and offered the highest seat in that room. The companions of these guests were dumbfounded by these actions. It was archaic. Why would grown men old enough to be this man's father bow their heads like that? Frowns were on their faces when they looked at him. He was the same age as them, dressed in a tailored dark green suit and with a few luxury pieces on his body. He didn't need it, his demeanor demanded respect and attention, and this made the companions bristle in annoyance. 

Who was this man to their elders?

Wasn't he some simple new CEO?

"We greet you, the second prince."

Chorused in numerous baritone voices, the fourteen guests politely voiced their greeting to the young man. Again, this surprised their companions.

"Welcome. Be seated."

Low, French-accented, and well-articulated.

That's how his voice came across to the young ones in the room. Golden brown eyes swept over the room, silence was given as he did so. Those eyes landed on the five young people seated behind their respective parents. 

"Langley. This one is your second son, am I correct?"

The older man returned to his feet and gestured for his son to step forth. "Yes, second prince. This is Eric."

"I take it this one has the most business sense and adaptability outside his world of luxury."

"Yes, young master." It wasn't forced but addressing each child of the hierarchy with the Families with titles such as these came naturally to those who gained protection and wealth from them. This has been carried through their families for years. One of his uncles explained to Eros that this was ingrained in the psyche of humans when one of power was far above theirs.

"Very good. His presence here along with the other family heirs is proof that their training and lessons are doing well. Please have a seat, Mr. Langley."

The old man bowed his head once more and took a seat. His son was about to sit but his father gestured for him not to do so. The other four elders motioned for their child to stand. Once more golden eyes were on them. No longer than five seconds were spent on them before the young man spoke.

"I'm not one for long speeches of introductory but here I go. Your parents brought you here as the finalization of your training after years. You know what I mean. This is a bit early since it is usually done on neutral ground amidst other families. When you leave here, your parents will explain more about this meeting and my standings. I am Eros Delacourde, the second son of Raizon and Arianna Delacourde. Within certain circles, I'm an heir candidate for the Delacourde Industries, in the other circles, I'm the second son of the devil. Either way, I'm a simple CEO with an infamous father's name. What you hear today is strictly confidential and will shape your future. I have one rule...."
He paused in speaking and once more eyed each child. Their eyes were filled with disbelief and confusion, a hint of fear was there due to how dominant he spoke. The effect was there and Eros was satisfied.

"Don't cross the line."

The rule was said not only for them but as a reminder for their parents.

"Yes, young master," the elders chorused.

"Uh, y-yes, young master," the younger ones uttered. 

Eros waved his hand gently, motioning for them to sit then signaled Jian to begin. The nine without their children as companions frowned thinking of what is to come of their family since their heirs were not up to par to take over the family business. It was thanks to the Delacourdes they were able to live in luxury and be safe. It was their power they were able to have a bit of weight in their names when mingling in upper society. Will their children be subservient to this Delacourde generation? 

"Once again, thank you for coming on such short notice. I will get to the point. In the files before you are an updated blacklist and the seal's current positions. You are to memorize each letter on those papers and then dispose of them before you leave this building. Only the heirs who are present are to be privy to this information. The remaining nine heirs are to be presented to the present king in three months' time in Boston. You five are required to be there."

"Yes, young master. Thank you." The nine were relieved by this invitation. 

This is one of the main reasons why the Delacourdes have such influence. The mafia side of things was treated delicately and bonds are created due to loyalty while in the upper echelons, deals and opportunities were given to those who are also loyal and trustworthy. Families under their protection can find themselves with lucrative deals, political or military connections, and financial freedom. The tradition of having the chosen heir trained in ways of the seal began under the rule of Renith Delacourde. He believed to create stronger connections they should train their successor in both ways of life to ensure their family's future. Only when they are called should the reason behind their training be revealed.

"Any queries?"

One gentleman raised his hand hesitantly. Brown grey streaked hair, and sharp blue eyes, this man was Christopher Alsworth, chairman of Creed Financial Group. 
"One of the names tends to be a long-standing client of mine. Forgive me but I wish to know the reason behind him being blacklisted."

"Mr. Alsworth, I take it you are querying about Mr. Macallis," Eros countered.

"Yes, young master."

"I do not like to be bothered with frivolous things but when one escalates their minor grievance due to their fragile ego, I tend to show them that there has always been a sea they are swimming in. You're smart and you've watched the news. What was new today?"

".... HW Financial..." Alsworth muttered.

"Yes, and your friend has been placing his new ventures with them after your fifteen years of friendship and as business partners. Your 'friend' and his new best buddy have been stepping where they shouldn't. How should I deal with that? Enlighten me. I'm young after all." Eros's sarcasm made Alsworth's anger and betrayal grow higher. 

What Jaejin didn't know, was the fact his father was stepping on the seal's toes for a while now but he was left alone because it was minor bruising. The minor gangs they had under their protection gave them updates and the main houses left Bryan aka Joker to deal with as he felt fit. On his walk that night, helping Jaejin was of pure fate, there was no scheming in the background for their meeting. Who would have thought, the son of his annoyance will be the one he wished to be with?

"Cut them down," Alsworth fumed.

"Exactly. Respect is given where respect is due. No one likes it when someone invades their territory, don't they?"

The question was filled with danger and underlying threats. The elders lowered their heads, the predatory aura seemed to be a family trait. They felt this level of fear from his father and older brother when things of great annoyance reached them.
The younger ones felt it hard to breathe, they only read about things like these - killing intent> an intangible wave of danger from an equally dangerous person. Their flight, not fight instinct kicked in but they couldn't move. 

Who are the Delacourdes?

"No, young master."

"Mr. Alsworth, I am not my twin nor my older brother who gets rid of little rats upon sight. No, I prefer to see everything they worked for crumble bit by bit; to witness that arrogance in their eyes slowly change to despair. With fuckers like these who think they can take what they never worked for, there are always additional things to destroy and I've already started. You better get your shit in order with your friend. If any one of your family interferes, they will be caught in the crossfire. This goes for all of you." Eros was now standing with his hands firmly planted on the desk ask he spoke. His eyes were void of emotion and his anger rose with every word he spoke. He knew what Macallis and Min were doing behind the scene and for them to bring their shit into the seal's territory was a high level of disrespect. 
"The meeting ends here today. I expect to see all fourteen heirs in Boston in three months. Don't disappoint us. This is your family's future."

Eros left the room in a flash, taking all the warmth with him. All fourteen elders took a deep breath and focused on the files in front of them. The five present heirs couldn't move, their legs felt like jelly and their hands shook. It didn't take a scholar to understand the young master's words. He will get rid of any one of them if they get in his way, even though he knows their parents. The power behind their family's name was all borrowed, they know this now.
After ten minutes, their parents approached them with apologetic faces. 
"We have always taught you to look beyond your circles. Anyone can lose their riches if they are not wary. This is what we have been training you for. If you wish to continue with this life of luxury, you must work for it and also show your respect to those who helped you get there." They were given the files and fifteen minutes to remember every name on that blacklist and the name of the sector heads of the US-based French Mafia. 
This was their first test.

Out of the five, there was one young man whose thoughts were chaotic. He gave a quick glance to the older gentleman at the table with sharp blue eyes. If he only knew his son has brought more worries to his home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 416 45
When Mongkut starts JAT University and meets Wolf, his entire world is about to change. Wolf has been groomed to take over his father's company since...
1.5K 40 18
Two people born into the same style of life find each other at their worst. Selena and Luca try to deny their feelings for each other but the pressur...
2.4M 66.1K 50
~Book One Of The Sold To Series~ *UNEDITED* Sneak peek.......... "Yes, he's my son, please don't hurt him I'll do anything" he begged. Does my dad fi...
7.9K 403 54
• Mature Audience ~ (Trigger Warning) It will contain strong language, physical, mental trauma, smut and smoking. • A fatal attraction between a da...