ELUSIVE (Book 2)

By hidden_1nk

Sawyer & Opal, how it starts. More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER: 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95

CHAPTER 92

52 7 6
By hidden_1nk

"I'm nervous." I say out loud.

Avery is zipping up my dress. It took us three months to finally agree on something. Eloping and a wedding. Sawyer wouldn't budge and I wouldn't either.

So we're eloping but bringing close family. An eloping wedding, as Sawyer calls it. I wanted pizza for after the wedding he wanted a fancy sit down dinner. We're having fancy pizza, where people cook it for you in a stone oven and there are rare toppings to choose from, with fancy drinks of course.

"Why?" Avery asks.

"Because, everyone will be watching."

"You're as big as a beach ball. Of course everyone will be watching. What if you pop today?" Avery laughs and I roll my eyes.

"No. I won't."

"Well, you look beautiful in this white dress." She says. I turn to look at myself.

Yes I'm a little bloated, a little cranky, and uncomfortable. But I'm glowing and I feel beautiful.

"Let's get this over with. Im hungry."

Sawyer, Evan, and Drew are already all at the cliff.

Nancy, Avery, and me are driving there now.

"You sure you want to marry Sawyer? I'll save you now take you far away." Nancy asks.

"Nancy! What happen to he's your precious boy?" Avery screams while laughing.

"Don't get me wrong, he is. He's also a big pain in the ass."

I breathe in and I can't help but feel. I don't feel my necklace around my neck and I make the driver stop the car.

"My necklace." I panic. "Where's my necklace?"

"When did you last have it?" Avery questions.

"Last night, no this morning. I can't remember."

Avery and Nancy both look at me wide eyed. That necklace is dangerous, I need to find it.

"Look, they're waiting for us." We're by the cliff and we see the boys all laughing and standing. "Do you really not want to get married all because of a necklace?" Avery asks.

That necklace can change everything.

I shake my head.

"Good, because if you don't marry him, I know plenty of women who would." She snaps and I nod.

We park and the girls walk ahead, telling everyone to be ready. Avery signals for me to come and it's finally show time.

All eyes are on me. Everyone is smiling at me and one thing for sure, it was pin needle quiet.

Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall.

Up ahead I see him. Sawyer. My future husband, the love of my life, my everything. He stands taller, his shoulders back, his eyes on me. If I was this far away I swear I see tears in his eyes.

It's not fair Sawyer never gets nervous. The attention on me is too much. Imagine if we had a bigger wedding. I would have fallen, tripped somehow.

10 more steps to go. Everyone's holding a bouquet of flowers. Candles are all around us.

Sawyer sticks his hand out for me to take and I quickly take it. He steadies me and smiles.

I know he's trying so hard not to crack up. This is all so stupid to us, but he wanted it.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness this man and woman join together in holy matrimony." The minister starts. "I think they have written their own vows."

My eyes widen. I didn't write any.

"Opal," Sawyer takes both my hands in his. "I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we'd choose anyway. And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in hundred worlds, in any version of reality. I'd find you and choose you." He says, as he squeezes my hands.

I swallow hard and I know he knows I forgot to write vows.

"Sawyer." I say. "Today, I take you to be my husband. I trust you completely with all my love. I will love you through the good and the bad. I will try to be understanding and to trust in you completely. Together we will face all of life's experiences and share one another's dreams and goals. I promise to love you for as long as we both shall live." I totally wing it, but mean every single word.

Is this really happening? Will I soon be Mrs. Pierce?

Sawyer places my ring on my finger and I do the same for him. He also takes out a necklace, the one I was looking for.

"I was looking for this." I whisper and he laughs.

"I fixed it." He says and my eyes widen. 

The priest nods and asks, "If anyone objects to the marriage speak now or forever hold your peace."

"Me." Drew says and Sawyer turns to him with a glare. "Joking."

"With the power invested in me I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Sawyer leans in and kisses me, softly like he's never done it before. Everyone cheers for us, however I barely notice, my full attention on Sawyer.

"Take me to food. I am beyond hungry." I whisper to Sawyer, who grabs my hand and we head out.

My feet feel swollen after dinner.

"Tired?" Sawyer asks on our drive home.

"Mhm." I nod.

"Up for a little adventure?" He questions and I look at him.

"What kind?"

He takes out the watch.

"We can't agree on any names, so might as well take a peak." He says as he wiggles his eyebrows.

"That's cheating." I tell him. "But yes." I nod.

With no hesitation we're engulfed in darkness and we land inside a house.

This has never happened before.

We quickly hide in a closet before someone hears us.

"Where are we?" I whisper and I feel Sawyer shrug.

We hear a baby crying and the lights to the room we are hiding in flickers on.

We don't live in the same place?

Future Sawyer and I rush to his side.

"I told you we shouldn't have gone. It was too dangerous." Future me snaps.

I look to Sawyer who is intently watching the scene unfold before him.

"Look at him. He's sick. What if he doesn't make it?" Future me sounds like she's about to cry.

"He will. He has your blood. He's the cure." Future Sawyer reassures. Future me doesn't look happy with that answer.

"Ezra." Future Sawyer calls out him.

"Leigheas." Future me shakes her head. "He's the cure." She says.

"Remember when I threw in the name Ezra and you said no?" Sawyer turns to me with a smug look.

"Shut up." I playfully smack him.

Three weeks later and I'm still pregnant. No honeymoon until I have this baby.

"Come on you're going to be late for your doctors appointment. Last one ever before this baby comes." Sawyer pulls me out of bed.

"Get this thing out of me already." I groan into the pillow.

"That thing is our son." Sawyer says, a little defensively.

I'm so tired lugging this huge thing in me. If I thought I was big before, I'm bigger now.

And every single thing Sawyer does annoyed me like no other.

"It's too early to talk. Please don't talk." I tell Sawyer right before we get into the car.

"Yesterday we almost had a break through in the lab. We miss you in there. We were messing around with a pathogen." Sawyer excitedly tells me about his day but I'm not having it.

"What happen to brooding Sawyer? Everyone told me you were quiet now you just don't shut up." I laugh.

"Fine." Sawyer turns the radio on. I know I've hurt his feelings but I want to see him pregnant for nine months.

Once inside, I change into a gown. I sit on the bed and Sawyer sits far from me. We're both in a mood.

He starts tapping his fingers, impatiently waiting for the doctor and I glare at him.

"Sawyer, can I ask you something?" I question and he snaps his head to me.

"Go on." He suspiciously looks at me, worried about my condescending tone.

"Were you always this irritating?" I question. Sawyer looks down at his tapping fingers.

"Does it bother you?" He taps again. "I really am not trying to irritate you." He says.

"Then I guess it comes naturally to you."

"The doctor is coming soon. Until then, let's not talk to each other." He sweetly smiles at me and I like down. But for some reason, his breathing. His loud, loud breathing.

"Sawyer." I breathe out.

"What did I do this time?" He questions.

"Your breathing. It's so loud." I tell him and he laughs, finding all of this amusing.

"It's not funny." I glare at him.

"Just a little." He says and when I'm about to go off on him the door swings open and the doctor comes in.

"Hi, doctor."

"Hello." The doctor says.

"How are you?" I question.

"Never thought I'd see your nice side again." Sawyer whispers into my ear, I roll my eyes.

"Two weeks late, huh?" The doctor says as she checks.

"Yeah."

"I bet you're getting a little uncomfortable."

"No not really." I tell her and Sawyer snorts.

"There's a few ways to help things speed up the process."

"Really?"

"There are things you both can do." The doctor says. "Some are very effective."

"If it gets this baby out, I'm ready to try anything."

"Okay, there are herbals teas, castor oil, eating spicy food."

"Sounds easy enough." I tell her.

"Taking long walks, jump rope, running..."

"Okay, I do need to workout." I tell her.

"There is one that is really effective." She says looking between the both of us.

"And that is?" I question.

"Sex." She says.

I look to Sawyer who can't help keep his smile in.

I feel my face burning.

The doctor gives me papers and we head out.

I sit in the car and as soon as Sawyer gets in he says what he was trying to hold in,

"You heard the doctor." He wiggles his eyebrows. "Doctors orders."

His fingers graze the hem of my top, " I want this up."

He tugs on the waist of my pants, "I want these down." He touches the tip of his fingers to the side of my body. "I want to feel your skin on fire. I want to feel your heart racing next to mine and I want to know it's racing because of me because you want me. Because you never," he breathes, "never want me to stop. I want every second, every inch of you. I want all of it." He tells me and I can't help but feel hot and bothered.

"You're joking right?" I look out the window of the dark parking garage. "Someone will see us."

"Definitely not. Windows are tinted."

"Pierce, here right now?" I question.

Sawyer grins, so brilliantly, not even paying attention.

"I love it when you say my name." He says, "I don't know why."

"Pierce isn't your first name." I deadpan. "Your name is Sawyer."

His smile is wide, so wide, "God, I love that."

"Your name?" I question.

"Our name. Only when you say it."

"Sawyer, or Pierce?"

His eyes close. He tilts his head back against the car head rest. Dimples on display.

Suddenly I'm struck by the reality of what I'm doing here. Sitting here, spending time with Sawyer, like we have so many hours to waste. Like there isn't a terrible world outside of this car. I don't know how I manage to keep distracting myself from this crazy life.

I look to Sawyer who is already looking at me. I suppress a shiver, "stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" He asks, his voice low and teasing.

"Like I'm dinner."

"Maybe I'm hungry."

I try my best to hop over the seat and straddle him as I wrap my arms around his neck. I sit on his lap and breathe in the scent of him.

His expression is serious, but I like how it softens slightly when he looks at me. Like the way he looks at me is different from how he looks at everyone else.

He kissed me gently, my soft skin gliding over his softer skin. He pulls my lower lip between his, drawing on it slightly. His embrace becomes more heated, his hand clasps around my neck, stroking up and down and I finally relax into him.

———————————————————————
2nd update!
Hope you enjoy! Be ready for this weeks update :p

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

539K 15.4K 25
[COMPLETE] (Commemorating 300 follower Milestone! Thank you Everyone ♡) [If you are not one for mystery and suggestive topics, please do not read thi...
16.2K 442 26
It starts off with the cliche parents death, abusive brother/pack, rejected by mate, runs away to different pack, mate gets mate.
2.5K 99 15
Read to find out
223K 6.6K 14
(M/N). A young boy who is unable to speak. Not able to make a sound. To make up for it he has amazing art skills. His parents hated it. They didn't w...