In My Shoes | The Music Freak...

By PeachGirl_UwU

-This is a TMF AU, meaning that most of the events that take place in this story are not canon in any way. Al... More

Chapter 1-Leaving it all Behind
Chapter 3 -412
Chapter 4- The Night Before
Chapter 5 - An Unexpected Student
Chapter 6 - The Introduction
Chapter 7- An Untrustworthy Beginning
Chapter 8 - Bruises and Sudden Friendships
Chapter 9 - Heavenly Trouble
Chapter 10 - Spilled Coffee and New Enemies
Chapter 11 - The Perfect Verse
Chapter 12 - An Abrupt Confession
Chapter 13 - An Intention to Know
Chapter 14 - Emerging Trust
Chapter 15 - A Terrifying Realization
Chapter 16 - Forced to Stay
Chapter 17 - Maybe, Just Maybe
Chapter 18 - "Meet Me at The Front"
Chapter 19 - A Favor To Pass
Chapter 20 - Two Choices
Chapter 21 - The Side I Couldn't See
Chapter - 22 i never thought they would be without me.
Chapter 23 - Reflected Versions
Chapter 24 - Wouldn't Have Guessed
Chapter 25 - #Nostalgia
Chapter 26 - Locked In
Chapter 27 - Down The Hallway
Chapter 28 - Fade To Four Years Ago
Chapter 29 - Irresistible Tension
Chapter 30 - Flushed Honesty
Spoiler🤭(not a chapter sorry babes I'll delete this later)
Chapter 31 - The Other Side
🎵✨️Playlist✨️🎵
Chapter 32 - Flushed Admission
Chapter 33 - Caught

Chapter 2- My Safe Haven

641 14 81
By PeachGirl_UwU

♡Hailey♡

My parents called me and my stepbrother, Zander, downstairs a few minutes ago. They said they wanted to talk to us, and of course, we both immediately started freaking out.

When your parents sit you down and tell you they "want to talk to you" you'd better brace yourself. I swear they're is no feeling as terrifying as knowing that your parents are mad at you. Then you have to rack your brain and try to figure out what it is that you did wrong.

Me and Zander both began quietly drilling each other, trying to not take too long walking down the stairs. Zander almost tripped walking backward, and I blamed him for his clumsiness. 

"What did you do this time Hailey?" he hissed as he regained his stability.

"It's not my fault you have the grace of a suffocating chicken" I deadpan

"Seriously, did you hook up with some guy?" Zander whispered violently.

"Zander, you know my dating life is nonexistent." I respond back, rolling my eyes, and brushing past him.

"You've been so distant lately so I wouldn't know" he throws back, flipping around, and following.

We're silent for the rest of the five-second journey it takes to walk downstairs, and into the kitchen.

I can usually tell if my parents are upset if they've told Bethany to go upstairs, or if they're giving me the "I'm disappointed in you" look. Luckily for me, they're both smiling. I can feel a bit of my anxiety melt away as I walk over, and take a seat at the table.

Zander also seems less tense, and he sits down in the seat next to mine. It's silent for a few seconds, and I listen to the clock as its gentle tick echoes around the house. Something I've realized is that you never realize how loud something is until everything is silent. Especially that stupid clock my dad bought at a garage sale a few years ago.

My dad clears his throat and opens his mouth to say something.

"How are readjusting so far?" My dad asks warmly, switching glances between me and Zander.

Zander has never been fond of my dad, so he mutters something under his breath, and crosses his arms under the table. I want to punch him in the arm, but there's no point, so I sigh and turn to my dad.

"Fine. The house is nice and the people are okay."

"That's good to hear," Shannon says calmly, as her lips pill into a smile. 

I've always loved Shannon. I've always considered her my mom. She cared about me more than my real mom ever did. She stuck around when times were tough, and she always made sure I was happy. There's usually this barrier between stepparents and the kids, but that never existed for me and her. She was just always my mom, and I was always her daughter, and we would always love each other.

"How about you Zander?" she asks, turning to him. 

I congratulate her on being able to raise Zander the way she did. He's always been so cold and although he's sassy and kind, he seems to hide that from people. No clue why, but I have a feeling it has something to do with his dad.

"It kinda sucks. It's okay, but I'd rather be back in Rosemedow." He responds, not tearing his eyes from his lap. 

Shannon is used to his disagreeable quips, and she just smiles at him.

"Things will get better Zander, especially when you start school. You'll make friends, and soon you could be glad we moved."

I jolt out of my thoughts and stare at her. Oh no. Oh hell no. This is not happening.

"I thought you said we were doing homeschooling," I say quickly. "How are we going to meet people if we stay inside all day?"

My dad and Shannon share a look, and then they both turn back to us. I feel my heart speed up, and immediately I start to feel sick. 

"That's actually what we wanted to talk to you about" My dad starts. Unfortunately, he is interrupted by Zander after he jolts out of his seat and opens his mouth to yell.

"You told us we would be homeschooled! You lied to us! Please tell me that neither I nor Hailey is starting Junior year alone at some huge high school filled to the brim with gang kids and spoiled brats!"

I feel like throwing up. I don't want to do this anymore. My parents told us they would give us time to adjust to our new living conditions. They said we would start the senior year at a high school, not junior year, and especially not after we just moved across the country and left behind everything we knew and loved.

"Dad! How could you?" I cry as I stand up, and back away from the table.

My dad's expression looks pained as he mirrors my actions, but walks towards me. 

"Hailey, this will be good for you. I'm not saying it won't be tough at first, but you need to make new friends and get over-"

"I'll never get over him!" I cry, as I turn from my dad, and slide open the patio door. I hear everyone yelling my name and telling me to come back, but I ignore them, and slide out the door, slamming it hard behind me.

I know I'll be in trouble later, but I don't really care at the moment. I push open the gate from the side, and run through it, not even bothering to shut it behind me. 

I know Zander or my dad is probably following me, so I break into a sprint and run away as fast as I can. I don't have the courage to face any of this. My life is a mess, and I don't want to be anywhere near my house right now.

 I don't want to go to the dandelion field right now, and I don't know where I could go, so I just run as far and as fast as I can, ignoring the tears as they finally break free.

                                                                                      ✿ ✿ ✿ 

After a few hours, I find myself trudging down a dirt road. It's started to rain, and my converse are now covered in mud, but I don't even notice, or even care for that matter. 

My mind is a mess. I miss my home, I miss my friends, I miss him. Even after what he's done to me, I still miss him. It's like I hate him, but I also can't live without him. I should hate him, especially after everything he's done to me, but I feel like I can't live without him. I can imagine him right now. If he was here, and if the incident hadn't happened, he'd wrap me up in his arms, and tell me he loves me. 

I'm sorry for treating my family so badly, I'm sorry for being the reason my mom left my dad. I'm sorry for every time I've ever caused anybody pain in any way. I'm just a big mess of emotions and thoughts, and I feel so completely lonely and lost.

The rain has soaked me, and my eyes feel tired from crying so long and hard. I don't know how my life has become this messed up, but I don't know how to change things. I don't know if I'll ever be able to be open with anyone ever again. I don't know if I'll ever trust anyone ever again.

"Hey"

I spin around as quickly as I can and let out a small yelp of surprise.

In front of me, there's a boy. He looks to be about my age and he looks completely soaked as well. 

"Are you okay?" He asks. His voice is drowned out a bit by the sound of the rain pounding against the ground.

I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand and nod silently. I definitely did not expect to run into anybody, especially not out here. 

I take a moment to observe him. He's wearing a gray hoodie and dark jeans. A pair of black boots hug his feet. He's tall and lean but has muscle. His hair is a soft golden, and his eyes are the prettiest shade of brown I've ever seen.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" I ask weakly, as I lock eyes with him.

"I could ask you the same thing," He answers smiling. "Are you crying?"

I feel a bit irritated with this guy. Who is he? and why is he here? I want to be alone right now. Not chatting with some dude about why I'm crying my eyes out and walking down a dirt road in the literal middle of nowhere.

"No, my eyes are just raining" I snap back.

His grin immediately morphs into a frown, and he crosses his arms against his chest.

"Oh, I'm sorry miss depressed. I thought it might have just been the rain." he quips.

"Who do you think you are?" I question.

"Someone who doesn't believe they're the queen of the world, and gets to dictate where other people take walks."

"I'm not the queen, I'm the princess"

"Alright then princess, where should I take a stroll next time?

I roll my eyes and take a few steps toward the weird person I've accidentally met in the past five minutes. The things I would give to be at home in bed right now.

"Don't call me that," I tell him as  I watch his expression morph into one of pleasure.

"Why princess? Please do explain" he answers wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

I nearly laugh, but I control myself, biting down on my lower lip. 

"It's irritating."

"Good"

I sigh and feel my cheeks heat up. There's something about him that drives me crazy.

"I should probably get going, but I hope to see you again princess," he says as he reaches for my hand.

"uh-huh, nice seeing you dork," I say as I tear my hand away from his grasp.

He winks and turns away from me, suddenly making me wonder if I'll ever see him again.

"What's your name?" I ask quickly stepping towards him.

His eyes are shining, and his smile is hypnotizing.

"Jake"

His feet turn, and he gracefully walks away.

And as soon as he appeared, he vanished, leaving me standing in the rain alone.

And for a second, just a second, I don't feel so alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 881 19
After his best friend, Luke, wrote a love song, Zander's feelings have become complicated. Zander had never thought of Luke as anything more than a...
13.5K 202 13
This story will follow Jake Sterling and Hailey Austin relationship over the course of a few weeks, leading up to the band competition. They face obs...
8.4K 95 23
||| OG STORY WAS MADE BY @Tocobell321234 ||| Jake and Hailey have recently confessed their feelings to each other, sadly, the jomies and Zander would...
22.8K 585 11
Jake and the rest of the club are doing fine, until a new member joins in, putting Jake off the edge. New member seems to want Hailey... But Jake doe...