Temple of Truth

By NeophyteOfDeath

A new Adventure has started. Already at camp in a tropical forrest, the team is on their way to find the myst... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129

Chapter 68

402 24 0
By NeophyteOfDeath

After Wu Xi finally finished eating his breakfast, if one could call a dry ration cookie that, there were only two mercenaries left with them. Getting all of their gear down had been quite an endeavour after the crack wasn't wide enough for them to pass while wearing the backpacks. There were few passages where they needed to go side ways so they wouldn't scrape the stone walls.

In order to avoid later problems, Wu Xi decided to already put on his climbing gear, that he would need to get down and later up the cliff side he had been told about. Knowing himself, that it would probably end up in a more or less chaotic situation inside, with barely any light inside.

He could get tangled up in the harness, lose a carbine or even the whole thing. Wu Xi knew that he could be quite clumsy in the worst situations. And he was sure that he had better chances of getting through that crack with out much problems while already wearing the gear than getting the gear on with out any problems inside.

But even though he was already wearing everything he should be he somehow had the feeling, that he was missing something. But he couldn't really pinpoint what it was.

The whole thing made him feel unwell and even somewhat vulnerable. As the last mercenaries called that the next person was good to go and Fatty disappeared into the crack, Wu Xi decided that he couldn't do anything about that feeling.

He had already checked his equipment the third time – made sure, that every single strap was where it belonged. Everything was tight enough and he couldn't find any damaged pieces. He had his flash light and knife with him and any additional equipment was in the backpacks his should have already taken along.

He probably only felt weird because he hadn't done his normal morning routine for an expedition after he had been hurried so much.

Some minutes passed and Wu Xi could suddenly hear a loud shout out of the crack. After the initial shock, and need to get inside fast to check on his friend Wu Xi stopped, as right after the shout followed a chain of frustrated and angry cursing.

Allowing them to know very clearly, that Pang Xi had problems putting on the climbing harness. And he had found a very clear, and creative way to insult his gear. Wu Xi couldn't help but grin at some of them.

While he would never wish his friends to have problems, as long as it was just a set of confusing and twisted straps he also wouldn't feel too bad laughing about it. He would have loved to see the situation himself, but he was still outside – waiting – but he could imagine the jumble Fatty had to arrange properly before he could put the harness on.

And Wu Xi was suddenly really happy that he was already wearing his.

Looking next to himself, easily spotting Zhang close by Wu Xi could see that he too was already wearing his gear. Seeing him noticing his look immediately, Wu Xi tried to smile at him, so he wouldn't think it was odd.

He hadn't given Zhang much attention before, knowing he was close and dealt with the feeling that something was missing. Repeatedly checking his gear. Eating breakfast.

He had almost completely lost the chance of doing something. - like, he didn't know – taking probably. But now he was just staring, like the time had stopped for him, smiling like an idiot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.6K 4.2K 15
[l.dh x h.rj] ❝ i'm a good kisser, i promise ❞ Book 1 | EXTRACURRICULAR SERIES standalone story renhyuck | 2021 @sungchan_sunday_
19.6K 992 29
Two strangers, twisted fate, one meeting. "If only I could go back in time" .A handsome guy with brown hairs and sparkling eyes was standing and cry...
20.7K 769 17
Wuxie and Qiling are friends since childhood. For pursuing their dreams both separate from each other but reunite at the end of their twenties. Then...
1.4K 125 8
Wu Xi finally returned home after his adventure with his not so alive friend Lao Yang. Only for a package to wait for him. Additionally, Uncle third...