ELUSIVE (Book 2)

Da hidden_1nk

Sawyer & Opal, how it starts. Altro

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER: 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95

CHAPTER 89

63 7 9
Da hidden_1nk

Sawyer pulls me into a hug.

"Don't panic. Everything will be alright. We're going to be a small family." He says and my heart sinks.

Right, family.

"Yeah." Is the only thing I can whisper. I'm surprised he isn't more in shock or angry about this. He seems excited about this baby.

"How long have you known?" He asks and my heart sinks further, but Joseph taught me what to say. We went over every possible scenario.

"A couple of weeks. I didn't know if I should tell you or not." I shrug, pretending to be scared of what could have been.

"I would never be angry about this." He says. It seems like baby fever is clouding his judgment because he isn't questioning me. He already assumes it's his.

I smile up at him, "Good to know."

He pulls me into him again and I can't help but be disgusted with myself.

"One more thing. I don't want anyone to know until I'm fully showing." I tell him. Right now, I'm almost five or six months in but my stomach hasn't popped out. You can tell there's a bump but not really. I'm sure it will bulge out the closer I get to the due date.

He stares at me with admiration and I look at the ground in front of me. I didn't think I'd feel this guilty.

He places his warm hands on my cheeks and moves my head up to look at him. He pulls me in for a sweet kiss. I pull away from him and pat him on the arm.

"Looks like you're going to be a father." I nervously say and pat him one more time on the butt and head out of the bathroom.

I breathe as soon as I'm safe in my room. My heart is beating so fast.

I hear a knock a few moments later and Avery rushes inside.

"You told him, didn't you?" She squeals.

"How do you know?" I cross my arms and she rolls her eyes,

"Please, both of you in the bathroom? He walks out with a pep in his step and grinning ear to ear..." she deadpans.

I shrug, "How do you know we just didn't do it?" I lamely argue and she laughs.

"Please, you both have more class than that." She says and I can't disagree more.

So much class, I'm having a baby with his brother.

"Right."

"So, I'm guessing he took it well?" She asks, "with it not being his?" She questions further.

"I didn't tell him that detail." I confess and her head is shaking no.

"No. Opal. Are you stupid? You can't do that to him." Shes so pissed off that her voice is coming out like a high screeched whisper.

"It's done." I tell her.

"Opal. You better go down there and tell him the truth. His heart will be broken but that's better than betrayal. He trusts you with all his heart, don't ruin that." She tries to convince me but what's done is done.

"Can't." I tell her and she sighs out as she paces back and forth.

"Opal." She says my name, pleading for me to come to my senses.

"I'll face whatever I have to face when the time is right." I weakly smile at her and she scowls as she angrily leaves my room.

When I compose myself, I walk into a fit of laughter. Everyone is in the living room playing games, the tv noise being drowned out.

Sawyer spots me and pats the seat beside him. I happily take it. He turns to me with a smile but I can't seem to hold his gaze. There's no way I'm going to be able to pull this off without feeling guilty twenty-four-seven.

Joseph is watching our interaction and he nods at me.

I ignore it and fidget with my fingers.

"You okay?" Sawyer whispers into my ear. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves but I'm stuck in my head and feelings.

"Yeah." I whisper.

"Let's go on a walk." He says and before I can say no, he pulls me up from the couch and out the door.

It's almost sunset and I'm looking everywhere but Sawyer.

"I really thought you'd be more upset about all of this." I blurt out.

"Why?" He chuckles.

"Well, because you're Sawyer."

He pulls me into him, his arm around me as we walk.

We walk in silence for a bit, enjoying the feel of nature all around us.

"Life is going to be so different." He says.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"The baby. The world." He says, being as vague as possible.

"Elaborate." I nod.

"Well, can you imagine me being a father?" He nervously laughs.

I think about all those times I've seen him be a dad to our daughter.

"Yes. Yes I can." I tell him. "We have a daughter in the future." I tell him.

"I told you not to tell me details." He reprimands.

"Right, sorry." I tell him.

He sighs out.

"How was I?" He questions and I can't help but smile.

"Why can't I just show you." I tell him and he shakes his head no.

"No more going to the future." He says and I pout.

"Fine." I roll my eyes. "You were gentle. Attentive and sweet." I tell him. "Also I'm pretty sure, our future daughter hates me."

He laughs, "Well, you are a bit annoying." He teases and I swat him on the stomach.

"And you're irritating."

We stop walking and Sawyer pulls me in again making me face him. He looks down at me,

"What was she like?"

"She's like a mini you. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

"Thing?" Sawyer laughs.

"You know what I mean." I roll my eyes. "Can't I just show you? It will be for a second." I desperately plead.

"Fine." He pulls out the watch and in seconds we're engulfed.

We're in the middle of the forest. It's almost night time.

"Where are we?" I question.

"I don't know." Sawyer whispers back and slowly walks ahead of me. He takes my hand in his as we make our way through the thick woods.

We hear rustling near by and one of those zombie things comes at us. I scream, all the memories of the one I encountered last time rushing back in.

Sawyer pushes it to the floor and we run.

"Can we leave? I don't like it here." I tell him.

We hear voices and hide behind a tree.

"Whatever that noise was, a Hollow must have eaten it." A tall handsome boy says.

Two more people follow after him. It's Sawyer and a young girl. A teenage girl.

"Amelia, scout ahead." Sawyer says.

I excitedly tap on Sawyers arm,

"That's her. That's our daughter." I tell him. She looks so beautiful all grown into a teenager. Last time I saw here, she's was just a small kid.

"Look, Elias. For the past seventeen years, my daughters safety, and protection has been my responsibility, always will be. For the first time in her life, it seems that I now I have to share that responsibility with you." Sawyer pauses and steps closer to Elias. "Don't fuck up. I know your mother will cry when she finds out her son isn't able to walk anymore and she has to wheel you around for the rest of her life. Do you understand?" Future Sawyer sweetly says.

Elias gulps, "Yes, sir." He says.

I'm assuming Elias is Amelia's boyfriend.

"I don't want to see this." Sawyer shakes his head. "No daughter of mine will ever have a boyfriend." Sawyer whispers and I roll my eyes.

"She can't be alone all her life." I shush him.

"Dad, there's a heard of them coming. We should head out." Amelia comes running back. Future Sawyer pats Elias on the back.

"Alright, let's go." Sawyer says.

"Dad." Amelia stops Sawyer and Elias keeps walking ahead.

"Why do you always have to scare him? What lecture did you give him now?" Amelia holds the bridge of her nose.

"It's funny." Sawyer laughs, pulling her in as he kisses the top of her head.

"Do you think mom would have liked him?" She questions and I perk up.

"Hey, Amelia. I found this." Elias comes rushing back and hands her a flower, interrupting her question.

"Aww, he's so sweet." I whisper and right on que both future Sawyer and the Sawyer beside me mutter the same thing,

"Jesus, kill me now." And both roll their eyes.

"I can't stand watching this." Sawyer says and we head back home, engulfed in darkness.

"I'm so mad I'm going to miss seeing that moment. Did you see the love in her eyes?" I question and Sawyer grunts, annoyed.

"No boys." Is all Sawyer says and I roll my eyes.

"Luckily, you don't have a say." I stick my tongue out at him.

"Real question is, where were you?" Sawyer asks, concern in his eyes.

I shrug, "who knows?"

"I can't wait until she comes to me with boy problems." I squeal. "Also in that moment, when you were being a jerk to Elias..." Sawyer stops me,

"Don't say that name." Sawyer shivers.

"Well, it was hot." I shrug and walk away from him.

"When do you find out what we're having?" He pulls me back to him.

"Maybe in a few weeks?" Im shot back to reality and the thought everything eats at me again.

"We have to think of baby names." He says and I gulp.

"Do you have any in mind?" I question.

"If it's a girl, Amelia." He says.

"If it's a girl, we're naming her Remi." I argue and he softly pushes me.

"If it's a boy, Ridge." He says and I look at him like he's crazy.

"No way." I tell him.

"Jesus, Opal. We're never going to agree on a name because we're never on the same page." He says and he pulls me in to kiss me and I can't help but laugh.

"We would be if you picked good names." I tell him and he tickles me until I pee a little.

"What about Tobias?" He says and I laugh.

"Don't make me laugh. My bladder is not in control."

This makes him laugh and he eventually gives up on picking a name.

"What do you think it's going to be?" I question.

"A boy." He says and my eyes widen.

"Why?"

"I feel it in my bones. If I don't have a boy first it's going to be weird." He says and I nod. He turns to me, "what do you think it's going to be?" He softly asks.

"I want a girl, but we never get what we want so I think it's a boy." I tell him.

"You know, this baby might be the cure to all of our problems." He says. "He has both our blood." He continues and I just nod.

"Maybe. We can't get out hopes up." I let him down easy.

"The future still has zombies." I tell him.

"I know." He whispers.

"What if things don't ever get fixed?" I question.

"Don't think like that. It will."

"It all falls on us." I tell him.

"No. You have nothing to worry about. It's on me." He says.

"I caused this. This is all Whits fault. Everything lands back to him. I'm tired of it."

"As long as you keep that necklace safe, all will be good." He says and I nod.

"And if it isn't?" I question.

"A life with zombies doesn't seem so bad." He says and I smack him on the arm.

"They're scary. I don't want my..." I stop, "our daughter living like that. Always in constant survival mode. It's not fair." I tell him.

"Both our kids will be fine." He hugs me as he he tries to reassure me.

"Can we name the baby after it's born?" I question.

"Yes." He laughs. "What about Reed?" He says and I laugh running back into the house.

"I can't hear anymore ridiculous names coming from your mouth." I shout and I hear him laughing behind me.

——————————————————————-
Update as promised! ❤️ Hope you enjoy this chapter!

I think I'll be updating every Sunday! 🥰

Please comment and vote!

P.s Hope everyone is well and I hope you have a good week! 🤎

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

219K 6.5K 14
(M/N). A young boy who is unable to speak. Not able to make a sound. To make up for it he has amazing art skills. His parents hated it. They didn't w...
882 14 16
Meet Kianna Morris, a regular teen living middle of crescent city and everything is good in her life. She has a perfect grades, a loving family, the...
761K 26.5K 74
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧, 𝐌𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭." ╰┈➤ 〔 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫...
325K 4.1K 200
Just a bunch of Jiara oneshots. Be sure to check out part 2!