Temple of Truth

By NeophyteOfDeath

A new Adventure has started. Already at camp in a tropical forrest, the team is on their way to find the myst... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128

Chapter 64

396 22 2
By NeophyteOfDeath

That is how the cooking went, until everything was cut and inside the big pot on top of the fire. Now they just have to wait for everyone to return to eat – maybe stir from time to time nothing more.

Apparently, Wu Xi thought, they didn't even want his help. And after suddenly getting his job taken away from him several times he stopped trying. Instead he watched how skilled Fatty was cutting the vegetables, or just stared at him.

That was until he noticed the pure white blur on Zhangs moving hand. Was he really still wearing that bandage? Knowing his fast recuperating physique and the healing effect his blood had, the wound should have been completely closed by now.

Shouldn't Zhang already taken the bandage off. Or was something wrong, he was sure he had cleaned it properly with everything he had on hand. But if there were any bacteria, water wasn't a disinfectant after all.

At the moment Wu Xi wished he could just take the bandage off himself to look underneath it and make sure that everything was okay. But he didn't – instead he watched Zhang almost using his hand normally.

There was just a bit of difference, of which the effect was clearly visible. The bandage was still clean, clean like pure white without a fleck of dirt. Even though as Wu Xi remembered – he was helping Fatty cook, he had been climbing through the ruins and picked up the ant earler – the bandage looked still like it was completely new.

He would tell him if there were any problems right. Wu Xi decided that he could only put his trust in him in this perspective too.

So, while the others still moved about, to do every job he could suddenly decide to do – even before he could. Wu Xi picked up his note book again, and looked for a place he could comfortably sit down to think and write.

The others could have just told him that they didn't want him to do or even touch anything instead of making him want to help and then taking everything away.

After finding a nice looking tree stump, and making sure there weren't any ants around, he sat down his notebook on his lap.

Other then the ant sketch he hadn't written anything inside it for quite a while. So, where should he start this story?

Probably when his uncle came to pick him up. He only knew that they were going to a place that was called "Temple of Truth" and that Zhang was coming too. He could still remember the conversation he had on the drive to the meeting point with Zhang and Fatty on the car with his uncle and Pan Zi.

"What kind of place is that Temple?"

The answer of his uncle wasn't helpful at all. "It's full of traps and dangerous. You'll get the idea."

He had snorted. "It's not what i meant, you know that. So, what kind of place is it?" Of course he was interested in the background stories. Which civilisation it belonged to, how old it was, which deity. If they already know the name or gave it a name, they normally had a good idea about those things too.

After all if it wasn't the case it would never be called by such a weird name as "Temple of Truth". They would have called it after something prominent that you could see in there or after the people that probably build it.

After complaining that Wu Xi had no idea again, and him saying that he more or less got kidnapped into the expedition Pan Zi jumped it.

"It's and old temple, said to hold the essence of truth."

After that his uncle only grumbled about something like one should know what one is asking for – and that after all that time spent with nothing happening he finally found an excuse to go there.

Wu Xi was still wondering what he had meant by that.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 129 2
COMPLETED βœ… Just gonna stand there and watch me burn? Well, that's alright, because I like the way it hurts Just gonna stand there and hear me cry? ...
10.2K 728 5
The world is cruel for Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan their friendships vanished since that incident happened. But still their heart is longing for each oth...
5.2K 775 32
Mystery.... that all it was. Suddenly his life changed. He opened something he shouldn't have. Let marvel together the journey of Xiao Zhan trying t...
84.4K 4.2K 15
[l.dh x h.rj] ❝ i'm a good kisser, i promise ❞ Book 1 | EXTRACURRICULAR SERIES standalone story renhyuck | 2021 @sungchan_sunday_